Conflicted (Boyxboy)

InfamousLove által

~ "When I first met you I had no idea how much you would end up meaning to me." ~ When Riley is once agai... Több

1
2
3
4
chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter nine
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
chapter 14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
chapter 23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
chapter 34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141

124

4.6K 233 142
InfamousLove által

I woke up in the morning naturally and feeling well rested which was bizarre after so long.

The sun was only just rising when I opened my eyes and lifted my head.. probably around 7...

I looked down at Aaron to see he was still asleep.

The alarm should go off some time soon....

Ugh, hate it when I wake up just before the alarm, means I can't get back to sleep.

I sighed before settling back down again, and my eyes settled on Aaron's sleeping face.

I'm being creepy right now aren't I.

I smiled, tilting my head slightly as I took in the details of his face.

Surprised he managed to fall asleep so early last night. Unless he didn't and just lay there for ages...

Hm.

I subconsciously brought my hand up to brush the hair out of face.

His eyes opened suddenly making me jump before chuckling. He blinked at me, then gradually frowned.

"What are you laughing at?" He asked sleepily.

"Sorry, you scared me."

"By sleeping?"

"No, you woke up suddenly."

"Were you staring at me or something?"

"Uh huh."

He gave me a look at my casual admittance making me chuckle again.

"What time is it?"

"No idea."

He grumbled to himself as he sat up slightly, making me have to move away. He turned around and picked up his phone from the bedside, before sighing and smacking it back down again.

He lay back down and covered his face with his arms.

"Not time to get up yet then?"

"15 minutes..." He grumbled.

Seems like he actually isn't a morning person, which is ironic seeing as he's always up at 6 to go to the animal sanctuary. I smiled at him before clicking my tongue. Cute.

"Are you seriously trying to go back to sleep?"

"Mhm..."

Wow...that takes talent.

I stayed in silence for a while, before sighing to myself, and he lifted his head a little.

"What?" I asked with a smirk when I noticed he was watching me.

"Are you feeling better?'

"Yeah, I guess. Hard to tell when I wake up. Can I skip school and have a lie in please..."

"If you want."

"Huh?"

"It not like I'd force you to go in. It's your choice, and you'll be the one dealing with the consequences. "

"Ah... right... consequences." I huffed dramatically before shuffling around and looking at him upside down. "Guess I should get up then."

I pulled my tongue out at him and he raised a brow with a small smile.

"You're a little strange."

"Thanks." I chuckled at him with a smile.

He then took a heavy breath in before sitting up, brushing his hair back.

"Fine, let's get up." He said, seeming a little miffed he wasn't going to get his ten minutes more of sleep.

"No way, every bit of sleep is precious." I said seriously, then chuckled when he gave me a look.

"Do you want to get up or not?"

"I don't mind."

"Riley. These are precious moments of rest I am wasting."

"Rip..."

He tssked at me before standing up.

"You're getting up, come on." He walked over my side of the bed and held his hand out.

"Why would you want to wake up earlier than you have to...?" I asked in fake dismay. He gave me an expression one would usually see on an old lady paired with a hand on her hip.

"Unlike you, I am not in the mood to play around in the morning." He grabbed my arm and pulled me up making me give a noise of protest.

"Damn, all because I woke you up before it was time, you're a cranky baby." I continued to tease and he shook his head at me.

"So this is what you're like when you're well rested, maybe you should go back to your old habits."

I fake gasped. "How cruel!"

He threw some clothes and a towel at me. "Go have a shower. If you're too slow I'll turn the hot water off on you."

"Wow."

"You always take forever.".

"Maybe I do. But how do you know that!?"

"You've lived her for several months."

"So?" I yelped when he pushed me towards the door.

"Go! I need to go soon."

"Okay, fine." I pouted at him and he gave me a look.

I headed towards the bathroom while chuckling to myself.

---

I wasn't very comfortable in the strange shower so didn't stay in it for long. Once I got out I got fully changed before collecting my old clothes from Aaron's room and heading back downstairs.

I placed the clothes in my own room before taking a while to down the pills, and heading out.

I noticed some serious tension as I walked into the kitchen, and froze.

All of the younger lot were down there, including Zac, who got up and left as soon as he saw me.

Yikes.

Must admit, he's been doing a fair job of staying away from me. I wonder if he's actually scared of what Aaron would do...

I eventually walked over to Hunter and Caleb, avoiding Nate and Alex who were having a stare off on one of the tables.

"What's going on now?" I asked quietly.

"The usual, they're arguing again." Hunter explained nonchalantly while chomping down on some cereal.

"About what..."

"Well outwardly it's random bullshit they're trying to fight about but technically it's about you again."

"What."

"It's obvious."

"Seriously..." I chewed on my lip and looked at them.

The silence was very awkward as they just glared at eachother. I couldn't quite work out what the end goal was with this stare off, but they seemed pretty passionate at it.

I eventually stood up, and jumped when Caleb grabbed my arm. He shook his head at me in warning, and I frowned.

My movement seemed to have gotten Nate's attention, and he looked over at me. There was a few moments of him just staring and then he smiled.

Alex followed his gaze with a aggressive glare making me step back a little.

I think I'll just leave...

Nate looked back at Alex with a smirk, and only a few seconds passed before Alex launched up over the table at him.

What the fuck even caused that.

"What the fuck!" Nate growled at him as he grabbed onto his collar, and Alex pulled him down.

They fell onto the floor and descended into a full on scuffle.

"Uhh, someone should get...someone?" I looked back at the other two, then noticed Caleb had already gone.

Hunter just continued eating his breakfast.
"I say just let them get it out..."

"Well what if they hurt each other?" I grit my teeth, knowing full well I was the last person that should be getting involved.

Alex let out a pained yell after Nate kicked him in the gut, and I started walking towards them.

"Guys, stop!"

They didn't react to me, probably too fixated on what they were doing.

"Guys, for fucks sake."

I felt a little surge of irritation at them, and went to grab Nate's collar.

With one big tug I yanked him off of him, and was almost amused at his shocked expression.

"Grow up!" I growled, and he blinked at me.

There was only a few seconds of peace before Alex lunged at him despite me being in the way, and I glared at him.

"Alex! Seriously!" I complained as I tried to get in-between them.

I managed to push him back harshly, and a flash of hurt crossed his eyes before he glared at me aggressively.

"Get out of the way!" He yelled before launching himself again.

I put my arm in the way and pushed him back again, and caught his eye for a second before his fist changed course, and a wave of pain hit my cheek and nose.

WHAT THE FUCK.

I stumbled back, my back hitting the edge off the table harshly.

"Dude!" Hunter's voice sounded from across the kitchen.

"You little shit." I growled in a moment of anger, taking a few steps towards him.

My progress was immediately halted by an immovable arm, and I looked at it in confusion for a second before realising Luca had grabbed me.

Where the fuck did he come from?

I looked up at him to see him staring at me with an unimpressed expression.

Alex was panting, seeming very upset.

Little bitch should be, why the hell did he just punch me. I could see him deciding to do it, he definitely did it on purpose!

Nate just gave a fake provoking chuckle, and Alex glared at him.

"You think that's funny do you!?"

"ALEX." Luca stared him down sharply, and he glared at him for a second before it faulted and he avoided eye contact.

He turned around and walked out while Nate crossed his arms with a smirk.

"Nathan, go wait outside."

"What? It's cold outside!"

"NOW."

He glared at Luca before storming out.

"You're bleeding..." Caleb's voice sounded quietly from beside me, and I frowned before putting my hand to my nose.

"Yup..." I blinked at the red left on my fingers. I tried to step back but Luca still hadn't let go.

"Come here." He sighed before trying to drag me towards the sinks.

"I'm fine I just need a tissue. You should go see Alex, Nate kicked him real harshly in the ribs, I wouldn't be surprised if one was broken." I resisted and he paused.

"I will in a minute, he needs to cool down before he's approachable though, let me see your nose."

I chewed on my lip before letting him lead me over to the counter.

"You need to learn to stay out of it Riley." He sighed as he ran a cloth under the tap and I frowned.

"They were hurting eachother."

"Yes, and all you getting involved ended up doing was getting you hurt as well." He gave me a stern look before grabbing my jaw and dabbing at my nose.

I gave a shocked gasp and the jabbing pain and tried to move my head away.

"Still." He snapped before continuing despite my discomfort. "I was only a few moments away, you didn't need to help."

"Well it was my fault..."

"It was their own faults."

I sighed, feeling displeased.

"Right..."

Luca looked at Caleb and Hunter before talking in a hushed tone.

"You don't want to make things worse."

"Right..."

"What's happened now." Aaron's unamused voice made me look towards the hallway. He was standing there with his coat and heavy boots on, obviously headed to the sanctuary.

He walked up to us, staring at what must of been left over blood on my lips.

"Nate and Alex again, Riley thought he should get involved for some reason."

I rolled my eyes at him, resisting the urge to pout.

"Where are they?"

"Nate is outside, can you go talk to him? I'll go see if Alex is okay." Luca said as he stepped away from me.

"Okay." Aaron replied seriously. I rolled my eyes at them again.

Yeah yeah, look at you guys, all mature and civil even though you've had a falling out, good for you.

"I still need to talk to you about this phone business." Luca frowned at him.

"Later..." Aaron stood there until Luca had completely left before walking over to me. "You okay Sunshine?"

"I probably got what I deserved..."

"No you didn't." He chuckled. "Don't listen to Luca, you were just trying to help, good intentions. Just... remember your strengths next time."

"Strength wasn't the issue, I pulled them apart just fine, Alex lunged at me afterwards."

"Well whichever one you chose to give attention to would have left the other feeling hurt. You can't win if you get involved, seeing as the tension comes from you."

"I guess that does explain why he got angry at me..." I sighed. "I wasn't favouring Nate or anything though."

"Well that's not how they would see it."

"Great..."

He smiled at me before moving forwards even more, making me swallow as he brushed his hand against my jaw.

Whoah, what is this...

I'm over thinking this. I started to feel a little tension from the eye contact and looked away with an awkward chuckle.

"You know Nate's still outside right?" I  reminded him and he blinked.

"Oh yeah." He said before turning around and I smirked.

He coughed awkwardly when he noticed Hunter and Caleb staring at him before walking out.

"Seriously, right in front of my cereal?" Hunter joked and I gave him a look.

"You need to get breakfast or you're going to run out of time.." Caleb warned me quietly.

"Right.."

---

It's pretty hard to make me not enjoy maths as much as I already do. But having Alex sitting next to me for some reason definitely achieved it.

While it was true there weren't many other seats, he didn't have to sit next to me, but he still did. I couldn't work out whether he was trying to pretend nothing had happened or trying to antagonise me.

I ignored him completely all lesson though, and left the room without waiting for him.

Usually at this time I would have a free period with Hunter and Alex, but I decided to wonder off on my own instead.

Despite the disagreements, the day was going well, surprising how much a good night's sleep helps your mood really.

Although I did have an irritating sense of paranoia.

I mean can you blame me, having several stalking incidents in the past month.

I went and sat down in the library, feeling like it was a safe place to go.

I stayed there for a while, but couldn't help noticing someone was staring at me on the opposite table. I eventually got irritated enough to look up and meet their eyes.

They immediately looked away, and I narrowed my eyes at them before just standing up and leaving.

Nope, not dealing with that...

I walked out of the library and down the hall, looking back cautiously before carrying on even further.

It was a slightly chilly overcast day, but I still went and sat down under a tree in a little wooded area.

If anyone's hanging out around here on a day like this you know to be cautious of them...

Uh, not including me of course...

Do I look like a dodgy character? I don't know...

I stayed there for a while, having limited things to do without my phone. I did have an old Nokia disposable phone though for emergencies, but it didn't have anything but the snake game on it.

Nostalgic, I guess.

I looked up with a sigh, and saw a darkeness disappear behind a building out of the corner of my eye.

What the fuck was that...

I'm being paranoid.

I watched the same spot for a long while, not taking any risks.

Eventually a figure peered back around the corner, visually panicking when they realised I was still looking.

They quickly walked away, and I glared after them.

Bye bitch.

Has he sent people to just...watch me?

What's the purpose in that...

I can't believe he has new people already.

I sighed in irritation.

I was determined to stay where I was, but my anxiety just grew and grew.

After several minutes had passed, I began to feel nauseous.

Okay... I think I'm going to leave...

I heard a person's footsteps behind me as I began to stand up, and I prepared myself to turn around and give them a piece of my mind.

However the face that I found staring down at me made me lose my footing and breath all in one go.

"Hey, Dove. It's been a while."

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

47.3K 1.7K 70
Having moved on from the devastating heartbreak, Valentine swore to stay single until he finds the right one worthy of his love. But when Valentine a...
100K 3.5K 26
Aiden had moved to a small town, not knowing what it was really about. What he thought was a small, friendly town is actually something more dangero...
Away With Him Rogue által

Ifjúsági irodalom

54K 1.6K 23
Riley always had everything he could ever ask for thanks to his rich dad. Well... almost everything. The hardest thing for a rich kid to get is real...
14.8K 238 24
Alex returns to his home town or now city. It's his first time in university, with his old best friend Leah. He finds himself stuck with a roommate...