Love Comes To Many In Strange...

By LadyBrandon23

A Lucas North Story that has been floating on my computer for a while. It Is not the piece I am currently Wor... More

Chapter One: Jilted Lovers and Broken Hearts
Chapter Three : Science and Faith
Chapter Four: Arise
Chapter Five: I know You Want Me...
Chapter Six: Time to open up to her
Chapter Seven: Need You Now
Chapter Eight: Better Than Love.
Chapter Nine: Lazy Song
Chapter Ten: I was a mess you see. (Give the Strength to me)
Chapter Eleven: I hurt You But I Am Trying To Protect You.
Chapter Twelve: Unspoken
Chapter Thirteen: She Is The Sunlight
Chapter Fourteen How To Save A Life...
Chapter Fifteen: Gave you all...
Chapter Sixteen: Last Night Last
Chapter Seventeen: Learn You Inside Out.
Chapter Eighteen: I May Not Have The Softest Touch...

Chapter Two- White Blank Page

1.1K 10 0
By LadyBrandon23

Chapter Two: White Blank Page

Lucas smiled as they made their way to the coffee shop. He watched Hayley intently he was trying to work out whether she was indeed someone he could trust. Everything about her told him she was someone he could, but his past experiences with women and trusting them he could not help but feel a little apprehensive. Hayley watched as Lucas came back with two coffees' he passed one to her smiling; there was something about that smile that made her smile. She was not sure what it was about him but there definitely was something very mysterious about this man. Something that something screaming in Hayley was that she wanted to know more.

'So how was your day?' he asked Hayley, 'I saw you had a copy of Pride and Prejudice in your bag'

'I am attempting to make my year 9 learn the value of the classics and all they are concerned about is the latest I Phone or whether COD is releasing a new game and how many hours they have played'

'COD?'

'Call Of Duty, it's a game all the kids seem to like it, why I am not sure' Hayley explained.

'I see I am going to have to brush up on my lingo' Lucas smiled.

'I have to be 'down with the kids' Hayley grinned, 'Nice way not to answer my question I asked you earlier though'

'Sorry' Lucas smiled.

'I asked if you had a good day, to be honest I don't even know what it is you do'

'You wouldn't believe me if I told you' Lucas sipped his coffee.

'Try me' Hayley smiled, 'are you a criminal?'

'No' Lucas laughed, 'I would love to tell you but at the moment I cannot, you just have to trust me on this one'

'Okay' Hayley nodded, 'But I won't let that rest I will find out' she winked.

Lucas laughed, 'But to answer your question I did have a good day'

Hayley smiled pushing a strand of hair from her face. Lucas sat back on the chair enjoying the silence between them. Hayley sipped her coffee not taking her eyes off him, she was trying to read him, Lucas noted she would make a good spy but then he thought their job was not that different, her being a teacher she needed to be able to read her students like Lucas had to read people.

'Lucas' Hayley smiled, 'we should be going, I have lessons that I need to plan and why I would much rather be in your company. I think my students won't be too impressed'

'I am sorry didn't realise it was so late' Lucas looked at his watch it was getting to 5.30.

'It's not a problem' Hayley smiled.

Lucas opened the door for her as they made their way to the car, so he was very much a gentleman, she never remembered her ex ever holding a door open for her. As he pulled outside her block of flats he had a feeling of not wanting to leave her, which was ridiculous they had known each other for two bloody days.

'Well I had a lovely time, Lucas' Hayley smiled.

'I will call you; maybe we could make it dinner next time'

'That sounds like a second date' Hayley teased.

'Well maybe it is' Lucas teased back, 'In all honesty I had a good time, it's nice'

'Yes it was nice' Hayley smiled, 'Well don't be a stranger and maybe we can make it dinner' Hayley smiled getting her stuff out of his car, 'Later Lucas'

'Bye Hayley' He smiled, he watched her walk into the door and made her way to her flat. He waited until she was out of sight until he pulled away.

LNLNLN

Lucas found himself checking his phone a number of times over the next few days, he was not sure why he was, he should not be getting involved with another woman, he was not even sure he could trust her at the moment, but he kept thinking about her and wondering if she was okay. Oh No Lucas thought to himself, he was going to have to talk to Harry about Hayley soon especially if he wanted to see her as much as he did recently.

Hayley had been so busy with what had happened at school, it had been a little bit of a problem with kids running riot. She had been working late and when she got home finally she was so tired she would make some food and then head to bed. She had not even got to ring her mum and dad to do her weekly check in. She guessed this was what being a real teacher was like a lot of work and not a lot of time. She rested her head on her desk for a moment when she heard her phone buzzing, she turned it on vibrate as soon as her classes where over so that she could hear if anyone wanted her, not that anyone ever did but it was a comfort to her.

'Hello' she said.

'Hayley, it's me Lucas'

'Hey stranger' she felt a smile come across her lips.

'Hey, sorry for not calling sooner, if I say busy at work would you believe me?'

'I would, I have been busy too'

'Bad week?' She could hear his concern down the phone it was reassuring.

'Nothing a bottle of wine can't fix' Hayley reassured him. 'Why were you calling Lucas?'

'I was wondering if you would like to grab a bite to eat later'

'I have a ton of marking I need to get through Lucas, not to mention paperwork with my form group'

Lucas was not going to give up easily he had not seen her for over a week, and he wanted to spend some time with the person he did not have to pretend to be anyone else he could be Lucas. 'How about I cook something for you? You could come to my place or I could come to yours, you can mark and I can cook you wouldn't have to do anything'

Hayley smiled more broadly good thing he was not in the room with her, 'Let me think, okay why not, your place or mine?'

'Yours' Lucas replied, 'It's safer'

'Safer Are you sure you are not a criminal?' she laughed down the phone.

'I promise I will explain who I am soon, but just trust me a little bit longer'

'I will be looking forward to those answers. International man of mystery Lucas, I will see you later then what time will you be round?'

'I will be round about eight and I am cooking so don't you have cooked when I get there okay what number are you?'

'23' Hayley replied, 'See you later'

'See you later' Lucas repeated and hung up.

LNLNLN

He was in need to see Harry now, he could not have this meeting with Hayley without telling her who he was, she deserved the truth, and she could decide what she wanted to do from there. It was her decision and Lucas would respect that. But he would not tell anyone that if she did not want to be involved with him he was not sure what he was going to do. He walked to Harry's office and tapped on the door.

'Lucas, is there a problem?' Harry looked up to the young man in front of him, his new section head. Harry had been in two minds about offering Lucas the job much as he trusted him, he was not sure he was ready to take on this responsibility not yet not after Russia.

'I wanted to talk to you about something'

'Go ahead'

'I thought I should make you aware, I am currently seeing someone, well not seeing someone. We are not dating. I am more acquainted with someone. But I would like to tell her what I am; of course I will get her to sign the OSA'

'Lucas you are babbling, this is unlike you'

'I want to do this properly this time, God knows with Sarah I didn't if you want you can do a background check on her, her name is Hayley Tanner, she is a teacher'

'I will get Ruth run the checks, but Lucas I think she will be good for you, even if you are just acquainted, we all need something outside of this place where we can be who we need to be'

'And what do you have?' Lucas asked.

'I have my Dog' Harry smiled.

Lucas smiled back. 'You will let me know when the checks have come back, I am meeting her tonight and I would like to be able to tell her, before well I decide if I want to take this further' Lucas said.

'I will get it done ASAP'

LNLNLN

Lucas smiled as he pulled up outside her flat; he had been in a meeting with Harry about Hayley, her check had come back all clear like Lucas had suspected but this meant that he was going to have to get her to sign the Official Secret Act tonight. Tonight he decided with going to make or break the both of them either tonight they moved forward and maybe start something between them or it was time they were going to say goodbye. Lucas felt his heart constrict when he thought of the prospect of having to say goodbye to her. Suppressing those thoughts he got some of the food supplies out of his boot and made his way to her door, he knocked on it.

She opened the door her hair was down and she was not wearing shoes, he wondered whether this was a rule in her flat. She smiled when she saw him carrying shopping bags.

'Hey'

'Hello' Lucas smiled, 'I thought I would cook you some pasta dish, I brought the ingredients and the wine'

'Thank you' She nodded, 'Are you okay?'

'Huh? Yes I am fine well actually I have something I need to talk to you about but I will put dinner on first' Lucas smiled. 'Kitchen'

'Through there' Hayley pointed.

Lucas moved his way through to the kitchen plonking the bag on the work surface. He began to look for pots and pans. Hayley laughed as she sat back on her sofa to finish the book she was meant to be marking however, she was finding it difficult to do so. She put the book down and went down to kitchen.

'Everything okay?' Hayley smiled.

'Yes, just cooking the pasta, here is your glass of wine'

'You wanted to talk to me?'

'I did' Lucas nodded; he turned the pasta down on the stove so it would not boil over. 'It might be better if you sit down for this though'

'Is this the time you tell me it's not you it's me and I have had a brilliant time, but I can no longer see you' Hayley looked to him, sitting at her kitchen table, 'Let's skip that as we are not actually seeing each other'

'That was not what I was going to say, it's about my job'

'Oh finally going to tell me are you?' She raised an eyebrow.

'I am but before I do, I want to tell you that I have had a brilliant time with you over the last three meeting's we have had and whatever you decide after I tell you this. It is your decision and I will respect that'

'Lucas you are scaring me' Hayley looked to him.

'Hayley, I am a Spy, I work for MI5' Lucas said.

'Pull the other one' she looked at his face and she could tell he was not lying to her. 'Oh, So is your name really Lucas? I've heard how this goes you tell a false name when you are at work so that no one really knows who you are'

'My name is Lucas North, it is my real name. I work for section D I am section chief newly promoted a couple of weeks ago' Lucas said, 'And because I have told you this, I need you to sign something for me, but I couldn't keep seeing you and not tell you who I am. I tried that before it didn't turn out so well'

'What is it you need me to sign?' Hayley said.

'It's an Official Secrets Act; it's to say that you wouldn't tell anyone anything about me if you were asked'

'I wouldn't' Hayley said.

'I know that but it's for HR they like to you know have a record' Lucas nodded. He passed her a pen and the piece of paper.

'I am not selling my soul am I?' Hayley joked.

'No' Lucas laughed, 'It means that I have a great deal of respect for you for me to do this'

Hayley signed the piece of paper, she knew that she should have thought about it more carefully but she was enjoying the time that her and Lucas had been having and she did not want to give that up just yet.

'Here you go Lucas' she smiled, 'Now can we have food, I am starving'

'Yes we can have food' Lucas smiled, 'so you still want to see me?'

'Yes Lucas, I am not saying I am going to marry you we are on the friend stage maybe a little more than that but I like spending time with you and I don't want to stop. And well I have never met a spy before it will broaden my horizons'

Lucas smiled passing her the plate, 'I was hoping you would say that, but I was prepared to let you go'

'Hey have a little faith in me' Hayley smiled, 'This is good'

'Hey! Have a little faith in me' Lucas grinned.

Lucas looked to Hayley as they ate this was normal, having dinner with someone, Lucas had not done this is a while at all, always too busy with work never really enjoying a moment. They moved into the living room, Hayley having to move the books away as they were sprawled across the room.

'Sorry about the mess' Hayley blushed, 'I suppose your flat looks nothing like this'

'No my flat is a cold place, I don't really settle down a lot but its tidy'

'I shall have to make sure that my place lives to your standards' Hayley smiled.

'I didn't mean it like that and you know it'

'I was joking Lucas' Hayley smiled.

'This your family?' Lucas asked looking at the pictures on the mantelpiece.

'This is my parents' Hayley nodded. She looked at the picture.

'They look like happy people'

'Mum and Dad fell in love when they were young, they were the unconventional couple met at college mum is a teacher and dad is a doctor'

'Wow quite the academic family'

'I suppose we are, although my little brother who is sixteen has no sense of direction in life'

'He's sixteen' Lucas smiled, 'When did we have direction in life when we were that old, I never thought I would be doing this when I was sixteen'

'What did you want to be?'

'Well my father is a Methodist priest, so it was logical to follow in the footsteps; Mum's a teacher so I could have gone that direction. But I am happy to be a spy'

'What the feel of a gun in your hand and running around chasing bad guys you never grew up?'

'Maybe I didn't but I mean I love the chase the adrenaline I feel when I have done well on an operation, I don't like the feeling when it goes bad though'

'Bad?' Hayley asked.

'I will tell you another time, not just yet though. I'd better let you get on with your marking as I seem to have taken up most of your evening'

'A welcomed distraction after the week I have had'

'I didn't ask what happened to make your week so bad. Need me to come and ruffle up a couple of the little bastards?' Lucas smiled.

'No Lucas although it's very sweet of you to offer, just been hitting my head against a wall with a few of the kids that is all, but nothing that compares to your life, protecting queen and country and all'

'My job is not that exciting; I actually prefer to talk about your day'

'Sweet you will get bored of it' Hayley laughed, 'And weren't you going?'

'I should' Lucas nodded.

'Thank you again for a lovely evening and thank you for bringing the wine' Hayley smiled playfully.

'A pleasure we should do it again sometime but maybe it will be where we both don't cook'

'Oh like a proper date?' Hayley raised her eyebrow.

'Yes a proper date' Lucas nodded.

Lucas liked that her smiled grew when he mentioned the word date.

'This is goodnight then' Hayley leant against her door way.

'Yes it is goodnight' Lucas smiled.

'I will call you in the week if you want' she smiled.

'Yes, But don't panic if I don't answer I may just be busy with work okay' Lucas replied, he took her hand to his lips and placed a soft kiss on it, 'Sleep well Hayley, don't let the little angels get to you okay'

'I won't' Hayley nodded, 'See you soon Lucas'

'Of course'

Lucas got into his car and drove to his flat a feeling that he had just started a whole new chapter in his life. It was as if whatever had happened before had closed and he was now staring at a white blank page and looking forward to writing the next chapter. He had not felt like this for a while, with Elizabeta he would have said he was like this but after finding out what they had been a lie which was mainly his fault but she had lied to him too about her allegiance to the Russians. And Sarah he would have never felt like this, she was only ever with him to suck the life out of him possibly to gain him as a member of Nightingale which he would never had done, he had no future with a woman like that, and now he knew that. Just maybe with Hayley he could find what for so many years he had craved acceptance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 16.2K 27
Scarlette Williams is a 16 year old girl from Springfield, CA. She's an intelligent senior in highschool. She even skipped a grade. However, she's...
10.7K 172 20
#2 of Chloe/Lucas. You will need to read that first. Lucas and Chloe are slowly rebuilding their life together. With a ring on her finger, what will...
2.3K 104 20
Lilith Blackwood survived nearly being killed by her abusive husband Christian. She woke up 3 days later in a hospital and found out she lost her u...
822 3 42
SMUT + FLUFF Kendall was never too adventurous. She was quiet and shy and she minded herself. When she got home she'd run to her room and fantasize o...