My Best Friend the Rockstar (...

Da sbergeron16

He's been my best friend for years, but that spark has always been there. We tried dating once before while I... Altro

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Author Note - Final
Book 2 in Steel Wolf
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 1-3)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 4 - 6)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 7 - 11)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 12 - 15)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 16 - 18 )
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 19 - 22)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 23-24)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 25-28)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 29-32)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 33-36)
Dimitri POV (Chapter 37-41)
Dimitri POV Chapter 42-45
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 46 - 49)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 50 - 53)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 54 - 57)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 58 - 62)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 63 - 66)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 67 - 69)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 70 - 72)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 73 - 74)

Chapter 7

6.1K 186 8
Da sbergeron16

"Dimitri?" I whisper into his shoulder in shock. "What? How?" Him being here was the last thing I had considered happening.

He chuckles into my ear and his breathe tickles the side of my neck. "Surprise." My heart flutters at the sound of his voice.

"I'll say." I notice I'm standing there stiffly so I relax myself into his hold and wrap my arms around him in a hug. Finally feeling his muscular arms around me almost takes my breathe away. Or was it because he was holding me so tightly.

"You smell good." He informs me so only I can hear him and proceeds to burry his nose into the side my neck. Was that a soft kiss I just felt? "You have no idea how wonderful it feels to have you in my arms for real. Its all I've been thinking about." Was he reading my mind? Why can't I find my words?

At his words I'm reminded about how he never responded to my text from this morning. The anger that has been brewing all day bubbles to the surface to the point I attempt to remove myself from his arms. Needing to put some space between us before I spontaneously combust from his nearness. "But yet you couldn't find the time to return my text." I sneer.

"Lucan said it was a bad idea to not respond to you. I'm sorry." His apology stops me in my tracks from continuing to lay into him. Especially when he fights dirty by offering me a saddened expression. The boy doesn't play fair.

"Well Lucan was correct you should have sent something back. I've been emotionally all over the place because of it. I thought you were mad at me." I recognize I'm being a whiny girl, but I find I can't prevent the words from flowing free from my mouth. Why is this happening?

Running his hands thorough my hair he states, "never. How could I be mad at you." He cups the back of my head and for a split second I fear he is going to kiss me. I'm not ready for that.

Unconsciously my tongue slips out to wet my suddenly dry lips. His eyes follow the movement and darken. My body betrays me by becoming wet because of the change in his eyes, it's remembering a different time in our life when we were together. When he had the right to kiss me whenever he wanted to. When his eyes would take on the intensity they were currently exhibiting which in the past always led to me falling apart from passion in his bed.

He seems to understand my hesitancy because instead of kissing me he rests his forehead against mine. When he closes his eyes and reopens them the desire has dimed some. He continues with his explanation. "A part of why I never reached out was because I was busy trying to figure out which club you and your friends where going to. Thankfully Facebook helped with that."

He pulls his forehead from mine. "Speaking of Facebook can we now be friends on there? Please? There's no reason to keep our friendship a secret." Talk about whiplash. One minute he appears like he wants to devour me and the next he's complaining because we aren't friends on Facebook. What drugs was he doing before he came here?

"Yes." I respond with by shaking my head. "But please focus on your story Facebook can wait."

"Your right." He runs his hands down my arms and goose bumps follow his path. A part of me clenches in desire for him. Damit I'm going to end up in his bed sooner rather than later. The glint in his blue eyes tells me he knows the direction of my wayward thoughts.

Thankfully he decides not to comment on the unspoken words passing between us. I don't want to have that conversation in front of everyone. "Anyways, I found Alex's page and she had posted that you were coming here. So I made my manager get on the phone with the club's owner and convinced him to close for a private party. And now your here." At the end of his confession he brushes his fingers along my cheek.

I'm sure the convincing involved a substantial amount of money for the owner to close his doors on a Saturday night. "I'm here." When did I turn into a blubbering idiot. Oh yeah when Dimitri decided to flash his sexy smile my way. My knees start to slightly wobble. Skyler get ahold of yourself its's just Dimitri. The same old Dimitri you've known for years.

All I can think to say is, "you ruined my surprise for Alex. And not to mention no one other than Venessa knew we know each other."

Sheepishly he rubs the back of his neck, "I gathered as much when they walked in and she just about fainted at the sight of me. Guess the cats out of the bag now." He says with a shrug not appearing upset about the situation we were in.

"Seems so." As much as I didn't want to leave the warmth of his embrace I needed to face my friends. "Guess we should head over and get this over with."

His eyes take on a sadden expression, "didn't realize knowing me was such a hardship."

"Its not," I rest my head on his chest. I had forgotten how tall he was. Even with my high heeled boots he still towers over me. "I've just been stressed all day over telling them and facing their reactions." Once again he wraps his arms around me at my confession. "And now the time of reckoning has arrived."

Dimitri kisses the top of my head, "but now you don't have to do it alone. I'll be right at your side."

The idea of having him at my side makes me happy and empowers me to deal with the task at hand. His strength helps me to feel like I can deal with whatever bullshit may come my way.

We finally separate, but he doesn't let me get far because he links his arm with mine. "No point delaying. Plus I'm dying to get you on the dance floor and watch you move in this sexy dress of yours." He wiggles his brow at me playfully.  "In fact seeing you in it makes me even happier I closed the place down." His eyes darken once more. Now what? "Truthfully the less male attention on you the better. I'm finding when it comes to you the green monster is quicker to come out and play." Playfully I shove him and the slight bulge in his pants catches my eye. At lest I'm not the only one effected.

"Yet, your not in the right place for a relationship." I remind him needing to find some space between us because he won't give me physical space.

"How you wound me. Using my own words against me." Dramatically he holds his hand to his heart.

"Then you shouldn't have said them." I hiss at him. Frustrated at him for more than one reason. "Right now is not the time or place to figure out whatever this is. So until we know what we are deciding to do keep your thoughts to yourself. I don't have the strength right now."

"Noted. I'm sorry."

"Stop saying your sorry,"

"Sor-" He doesn't finish the word because he notices me glaring at him. He throws his hands up in surrender. "We have plenty of time to discuss us once we are away from curious ears. Though I do need to confess I'm afraid to be alone with you."

My expression changes to one of confusion, "why are you afraid to be alone with me?"

Once again his eyes darken, "because I fear once I have you behind a locked door I won't be able to keep my hands off you and instead of talking with words our bodies will be speaking a different language." At least with his confession there's no confusion he wants me.

"You already can't keep your hand off me." I point out to him,

"Exactly and we are in public. Just imagine where they would wander when we are behind that locked door." A shiver of excitement rolls though me, but from his expression of concern he miss read my bodies reaction.

"We should face my friends before I dig myself into an even greater whole." I needed to change the subject and put whatever space I could between us before I did something stupid like try to convince him to take me right then and there. Control Skyler! Find it! But one look at his handsome profile any control I did have disappears.

"After you." 

With arms linked we head over to my circle of friends. Once we reach my friends I unlink my arm from Dimitri, and he moves closer into my space offering me his strength. I smile grateful to have him beside me and cross my arms in front of me.

"Happy birthday Alex." I hand her the tickets. "I was going to surprise you with these, but someone seems to have stolen my thunder."

She takes the envelope, peeks inside and asks the question I'm sure is on everyone's mind. "Why didn't you tell us you know Dimitri?"

Even though I knew this question was coming I take a step back, but am stopped when a steel band of an arm stops me.

"Let me answer." Dimitri pleas. What is he doing? "I'm the one to blame for that. So if your going to get mad at someone aim me in your crosshairs." What? I was the one who wanted to keep our friendship a secret,

I open my mouth to clear the lies, but a firm hand stops me in my tracks. He gives me a slight shake of his head and I shut my mouth. "Skylar and I met way before the band was ever signed. We've been friends for years and when the band was signed I quickly learned who truly had my back and who didn't." He pauses to smile down at me and I beam up at him. I'm sure I look like an idiot, but he dose that to me. "I asked her to keep our friendship to herself because I wanted something that was real and only ours. Every other part of my life is shared with the public and her friendship was something I didn't want to be exposed."

Everyone nods there head in agreement with him. What the hell? I feel uncomfortable with him spewing his lies, but my anxiety prevents me from setting the records straight. Plus I'm sure he's getting a better reaction that what I would have and I don't want to ruin Alex's birthday. Its already turned into something she wasn't expecting.

Alex steps forward and I flinch awaiting her words. "I understand." Not what I was expecting, but I'll take it. "Wow." Then she squeals like a teenage girl and I fight the urge to cover my ears. "You know Dimitri Brandt. And he's here at my party. Best birthday ever!"

"Hey so is the rest of the band." Lucan yells from the crowd.

Dimitri makes kissy faces at him, "don't be jealous they like me better." I watch while an unknown blonde walks up to him and whispers something into his ear. Which earns her one of his famous smiles. Seems all hurt feelings are forgotten.

I feel myself being tugged tightly into Dimitri's side as the music begins to start.

"Shall we?" He asks me indicating the dance floor. I hesitate for a second and he raises a brow in question. I nod my head in answer to his invitation. Wanting to lose myself in his arms.

Just as he's leading me onto the dance floor my luck takes a turn for the worse because in walks a confused Keith. And by his shocked expression he's spotted Dimitri and me. While he stands there I can see his brain processing what he's seeing and everything I've said pertaining to Dimitri.

Dimitri stiffens next to me and takes my arm in a death grip when he notices who I'm stating at. "Keith I presume."

My mouth has gone completely dry and all I can do is nod my head. I stand there and watch while Keith storms away from the dance floor. I take a step in his direction, but the hand around my arm prevents me from moving forward.

"Don't." He tells him in a strange voice I've never heard him use before and a hardness to his expression.

Finally I find my voice. "Didn't you see his expression. He deserves answers. And only I give them to him."

Dimitri's hand loosens his grip from around my arm. "Fine. But do not allow him to touch you. Skylar I'm not joking. There is only so much I can take. And now that I'm here with you I'm even more tied in knots. Not to mention knowing about you and him is very different than experiencing it first hand."

"I promise." Before he tires to prevent me again I take off after Keith.

(now the cat is officially out of the bag. I wonder what conversation is going to take place between Keith and Skylar? find out in the next chapter. if you are enjoying the story please like the chapters and/or comments. also please share the link with your friends so they can to enjoy! Happy reading! Till next time!)

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

Nine Ways How Da Yuvi

Storie d'amore

10.1K 1.2K 64
We were together. I forgot the rest. A car accident got me to suffer from amnesia, leading me to cross the paths of a rockstar. I assume I had never...
493K 17.7K 30
(Mature content) (Highest ranks listed) (Editing slowly) A simple last night out with my girls before I move to America. Drinks are flowing, hips mov...
192K 6.6K 73
I wasn't the type to fall at the feet of a guy, especially not for his looks. I didn't waste my time with crushes and boyfriends and all the dating a...
438K 28.6K 40
Logan and his bandmates had just finished with their concert and were on their way to the next location when they were in a horrible accident. Logan'...