Somebody To Love -{ English V...

By msmayharold

Julia Quinn, at the age of 22, after fleeing a forced engagement in Scotland, ended up in London in 1977. Sh... More

Prologue
1 - Julia from Glasgow
2 - Mr Pluto
3 - The Nap of the Cats
4 - Something
5 - He Does Not Bite
6 - FANDABBYDOSY
7 - You Take My Breath Away
8 - A Dance With Her
9 - Stockholm
10 - Everything has changed
11 - A night at the Hovet
12 - What are you doing here?
13 - Shall we sleep?
Some news - not an update
14 - The Hangover
15 - Honey, I'm glad you came back!
16 - Hi, Deacy!
17 - Are you in love?
18 - I Want To Hold Your Hand
19 - Shall we dance, honey?
21 - A beautiful couple
22 - You are a good girl
23 - Love in Glasgow
24 - News of the World
25 - Hello, Julia!
26 - My Melancholic Juls
27 - As a Bandage
28 - Blair
Not an update
29 - A Secret for Elton
30 - Welcome to Montreux
31 - How wonderful life is while you're in the world
32 - Different Lifes
33 - Neighbors
34 - The Letter
35 - Hyde Park Corner
36 - My Fault
37 - I'm on my way
The Game Of Love

20 - Stomp, Stomp, Shit!

608 22 11
By msmayharold

JULIA POV

"I'm sooo tired." I said yawning exaggeratedly on the bed after putting on my sweatpants pajamas that were easily triple my size.

Julia so stupid always, what can a pajama do for you?

Make you less inviting, haha-

"I imagine so, little kitten, I took these pills for you." Freddie came out of the bathroom wearing only one of the many red robes he had with a pack of what looked like aspirin in his hand.

Oh yes, I'll have a hangover.

I crawled to the edge of the bed and picked up the card feeling my sobriety come back, I actually drank too much, maybe more than at Deacy's dinner.

"Thank you, Freddie." I quickly returned to my side of the bed - oh true, I have one side of the bed.

"I'm just making sure you'll be fine when you wake up in a few hours."

Freddie seemed to watch me warily, he bent down and picked up Tiffany and set her on the bed that immediately came to me.

"That's very kind of you, thank you my angel eyes." I said taking the glass of water from the bedside table and swallowing two aspirin tablets.

Freddie smiled softly at me, he never hid his smile or his laugh from me again and it made me so happy. He unzipped his robe and threw it over an armchair that was next to the bed, obviously as most nights he wore only silk shorts. I swallowed and Freddie seemed to notice and laughed as he lay on his side of the bed.

He turned off the light and I leaned my head against the pillow.

What happens now?

I felt Freddie's possessive arm over me, but he had forgotten a detail.

Tiffany hissed and by Freddie's scream I can tell she dipped him.

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT TIFFANY?" He shouted making me shrug.

I reached for the switch on my side of the bed and turned on the bedroom light, Tiffany was now at my feet, and Freddie had a huge scratch on his arm.

"Are you alright?" I asked as he ran his hand over the scratched skin of his arm.

"Yes, but I created a monster!" He grunted. "She thinks you belong to her!" He said irritably making me laugh slightly.

"Come here" I spread my arms inviting him as he crawled and laid his head on my chest, I stretched my free arm and turned off the light again and sank my face into Freddie's soft hair that smelled deliciously of Johnsons baby.

"Night night my angel eyes." I said feeling Freddie turn around and hug me.

"Night night, my love."

JOHN POV

Being alone in the studio has its advantages, not that I was totally alone, Brian was in the next room working on a song that consisted of stamping his hands and feet, which I didn't quite understand, but he was committed, good as he was. Roger and Freddie probably must have been hungover - not that I wasn't, but I was less worse.

The music I was working on was in my head since I bought the Spanish guitars was unlike anything we had ever done, it had a Latin tone.

I was strumming the fun melody and trying to imagine the reactions of my mates, maybe Freddie was more receptive he always ran into challenges.

"I'm in the right studio?" Julia put her head in the open doorway with a smile on her lips despite the dark circles under her eyes.

"Hahaha - very funny, Julie." I dropped the guitar on the next seat and she walked into the studio holding a huge coffee cup in her hands. "I think someone took it hard yesterday in the concept of partying." I said making her eyes roll,  she hugged me with her free arm and I kissed her cheek.

"All set and shipped to Southampton."  She flopped down on the couch near where I was while drinking coffee.  "and I ready to sleep for at least the rest of the day."  She said closing her eyes and setting the coffee cup on the floor.

"Did you drink too much?"  I asked sitting back in the chair where I was playing the guitar before.

"I tried to keep up with Rog, it didn't work out very well."  She yawned and opened her eyes.

"Very bold of you, Rog is hard to beat - do you want to hear the music I'm working on?"

Julia smiled at me and nodded to me, grabbed the guitar promptly and started strumming the melody that was in my head. Julia watched me closely and shook her head to the beat of the music.

"And you don't sing John?"  She asked sitting up and I stopped playing.

"I don't sing very well" I stopped playing and picked up the sheet where I had scribbled the lyrics.  "But you can sing."  I handed her the sheet that widened my eyes.

"me, sing?"

"You sing, what harm does it have to help me?"

"I - ah John ... no I don't sing!"  She protested and I rolled my eyes.

Julia moaned in protest and threw her back against the velvet couch with the paper in her hands.

"Ok I can try." She gave in and I grinned and started to explain the tone and what the song was like.

She seemed to relax, and began muttering a few lines of music until she felt fit enough to help me.

"Okay, Deacy let's do this." She said excitedly and I just nodded and started playing the song again.

I make it half past six you come at seven
Always try to keep me hanging round
You little spoiled thing girl you kept me waiting

Her hands held the paper shaking slightly but her sweet voice was steady.

Never contemplating my point of view
This comes as no surprise
I'm a fool for I believed your lies
But now I've seen through your disguise
Who needs well I don't need who needs you?

She shrugged as the music was totally comfortable while I could only grin.

"I think a solo was cool here!" She said excitedly as I risked a different fingering on the guitar that made her laugh.

"Okay, continue the next part, Julie."

Oh I believed you
Went on my knees to you
How I trusted you
But you turned me down
But it's dog eat dog in this rat race
And it leaves you bleeding lying flat on your face

She stood up excited and started dancing something she must think was salsa.

Reaching out, reaching out for a helping hand

She raised her voice and at that moment Freddie came into the studio and she called him with her index finger and he took her out to dance.

Where is that helping hand?

She sang while Freddie also tried to dance something he also thought was salsa.

"Oh, muchachos!" Julia said with a laugh from Freddie and me and I stopped playing.

"What was going on here?" Freddie asked after giving Julia a quick peck.

"Julie was helping me with my new composition." I said feeling victorious, I knew he would be interested.

"Who needs you." Julia said with a smile that made her dimple apparent.

"Sounds interesting to me, it was beautiful in your love voice."

"Here we go for the caring and melting session." I said teasing them and Freddie rolled his eyes.

"I just came to call you both for something Bri wants to test, are we?" Freddie pointed to the studio exit and Julia led the way as we followed her to the next studio.

Arriving at the studio until Ronnie and Chrissie were there, stranger Paul too, Reid ... must have been around 16 people, I frowned when I noticed Brian giving instructions on how long it took to tap his feet and then his hands.

"What's going on?" I asked Ronnie as she stroked her belly and Brian came grinning toward me.

"Stomp." He stamped his foot "stomp." Again and looked into my eyes "clap." And smiled.

"Okay, what's this?" I asked confused.

Brian smiled like a maniac and spread his arms.

"We will rock you, Deacy!  "Now, guys!" He shouted, drawing everyone's attention.  "Everyone up the stage, Freddie stay close to the piano, let's test the rhythm!" He said and we all went to the elevated stage that was in the studio, Freddie had a paper in his hands and Roger was so hungover it was the  last to climb the platform.

"Well now let's do what we agreed." Brian spoke to the floor looking at us who were on the dais.  "Foot twice and hand one!" He said excitedly and counted down and then pulled what he called "stomp-stomp-clap."

I must admit, that had great appeal.

Stomp
Stomp
Clap
Stomp
Stomp
Clap

And things always seem to turn upside down when all is well.  I was staring at the studio door just as David Minns entered the studio.

Stomp
Stomp
Shit!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21K 472 52
**Peace Lovin' Guy Sequel. You absolutely cannot read this as a stand alone, so I suggest reading PLG first, then coming back to this :)** She works...
24.5K 858 30
Brian May and roger Taylor have been best friends and band mates for a while now, but one frightening night in a graveyard sparks something between t...
161 4 7
Just a Freddie Mercury fact file. I'm obsessed with Queen so don't blame me, just enjoy!
45.3K 2.2K 19
This story takes place in the early 70s.