Just Pretending

By A_Written_Adventure

Everyone has that "I'm in love with my best friend and he doesn't know it" story. And this, this is mine. But... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
~Authors Note~

Chapter Six

3.3K 32 2
By A_Written_Adventure

~Chapter Six~

"Okay Liam, truth or dare?"

We were all in a circle on the floor, already a few minutes into the game. It was a lot more fun then I imagined, but I never really liked this game. The dares always got me nervous and the truths..anything could happen with those.

"Uhm..I pick dare!"

Harry thought for a moment then a sly smile appeared across his face, "I dare you to go into the kitchen and grab a spoon, you have to hold it until your next turn."

"YOU WOULDN'T."

"Oh, but I would. Now go on!"

Everyone laughed as Liam slowly stood and walked into the kitchen, "You guys wont be laughing if I die! Oh god..." he walked back out holding the spoon as far away from him as possible and sat down, putting his head on Danielle's shoulder, "I hate you Haz."

"I love you too Liam! Now, it's your turn to ask someone."

Liam opened his eyes and sat up, looking everyone over. "Let's see here...Eleanor?"

Her eyes grew wide as she sat up straight, "Oh..I choose...dare?"

"I was hoping for that! Let's see..I dare you to kiss Louis!"

My heart stopped just as Eleanor blushed. Why? Of all things Liam, why? My eyes darted to Niall and Andrea who were both looking at me with compassion. Way to make it obvious guys. "Well, go on then!" Zayn chimed in, nodding to Eleanor. She smiled and turned to Louis, leaning in for a kiss.

Please don't lean in Louis...please don't lean in...please...

He leaned in. Even though the kiss was quick..very quick..my eyes stung with tears.

I hated this..I needed to get out of here before they all noticed me..but how?

"Demi? Truth or dare?"

Shit.

All eyes were on me. There was no escape now.

"I guess I'll do truth." I said, not knowing what Eleanor had in store for my dare.

"Oh gosh, I'm so bad at picking these..oh! I got one!" she leaned in and smiled, "Okay..what's the worst thing that's ever happened to you?"

Here we go.

**Flashback**

"You're the worst big sister ever!"

"And you're a little brat, but what are we gonna do?"

"Please! Please just let me try it!" my baby brother pleaded. His big blue eyes were wide and tiny lips in a pout.

"No. I'm having a bad day. Get out of my room." James stood there and rocked back and forth on his feet.

"You know, you're a lot prettier when you smile?" I don't know how he did it. My seven year old little brother could do anything to make my heart melt.

"James, I said no. I'll let you play on my phone later, okay?"

"But I don't want to play later! I want to play now!" he grabbed my phone from my hands and began to run around my room, giggling

"James!"

Suddenly he tripped, sending my phone flying and slamming on the ground. The sound of the glass shattering was enough to tell you it was destroyed.

I ran over to my phone and began to pick up the pieces, I felt my face grow hot with anger when I realized how bad it really was.

"Get out." I said facing my little brother.

"I'm.."

"James get the out!"

"Please don't be mad!" Tears began to stream down his little face, but I didn't care.

"You know what? I am mad! I spent months saving up for this and you destroy it! You ruin everything James, EVERYTHING!"

"I'm sorry!"

"Why don't you just get out of my life already!?"

He froze at the words I had said to him. I regretted them the minute they spilled out, but I wasn't going to admit it.

"Fine."

I opened my mouth to apologize, but he was already gone.

*****

"Demi!" I awoke from my daydream to find Louis' face inches away from me. He looked worried.

"I'm sorry." My voice cracked and I began to cry..hard. Louis pulled me into a hug and held me, not caring that everyone was watching. I pulled away and looked at everyone, "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize." Andrea said softly as she gripped Nialls hand.

I turned my focus to Eleanor who looked like she was going to cry herself.

"El, don't worry. You didn't make me cry..I just..." I couldn't finish the sentence..I never talked about it. It was too painful.

"Stop. You don't need to explain yourself." Louis said to me, brushing my hair away from my eyes.

God I loved him.

"I think I'm going to go home. I don't feel good."

Everyone slowly nodded, understanding.

All except for Louis, "I don't think you should be alone right now, I'll come with you." he whispered.

I wanted him to...so bad. But even though I hated it with every fiber of my being, I knew he had to stay here with Eleanor.

"You can't leave her." I said nodding my head towards El, "And I'll..I'll be okay."

He just looked into my eyes, not convinced at all. He was really good at reading people. It was one of the things I loved most about him.

"Do you need a ride?" Harry's hopeful voice chimed in after I stood.

"I have my car. I'll be okay guys, really." I tried my most convincing smile, knowing no one would buy it anyway.

******

I got home and immediately crawled into my bed. It was hard to do anything when I thought about that night. I curled up beneath my covers and drifted off to sleep...

**Flashback**

"Wheres your brother?" my moms worried face burst into my room, "I've looked every where. He isn't outside or in the house." her voice shook as she looked at me, hoping I had any information about her baby boy.

"I..I dont know.." I stood and grabbed my jacket putting it on, "I'll walk around and call out his name. Maybe he walked to the park."

I ran outside without another word and began to look for him.

"JAMES?" I yelled every so often as I approached the park. I could see a small shadow turn from beneath a tree and run towards me.

I let out a sigh of relief while coming to a stop.

Right as he reached the street bright lights were coming from the other end.

It happened so fast...so fast.

"JAMES! NO!"

*******

"NO!" I screamed and shot up in bed as I began to cry.

I felt warm arms wrap around me, "Sh, it's going to be okay, I'm here. I'm here."

Louis soft voice comforted me as we laid back down and he pulled me on to his chest.

I was shaking, "Why..do I have to be reminded! Why!"

"I don't know. I'm so sorry. I'm here though, I'm always here."

My sobs slowly became quieter as Louis brushed my hair. I felt so safe with him. He made me feel alright. Only he could do that.

"Louis?"

"Yes?"

"You didn't have to come."

"Yes I did."

"Why?"

"Because you're my best friend. I was there for you when..when it happened..and I'm going to be here for you now. No matter what. Okay?"

"Okay."

I closed my eyes and tried to fall back asleep. I wanted to tell him so much that I loved him. That I was in love with him. But instead I looked up at him and whispered, "Lou? Sing me to sleep?"

He nodded, "Of course."

"Tomorrow morning if you wake up, and the sun does not appear, I, I will be here. If in the dark you lose sight of love, hold my hand and have no fear, 'cuz I, I will be here. I will be here, when you feel like being quiet, when you need to speak your mind, I will listen and I will be here, when laughter turns to cryin, through the winning, losing and trying, we'll be together...and I will be here....."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9M 500K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
364K 13.2K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...