Meet the Kid (TF2 and Child!R...

By PennNamedQuill

The red mercenaries are a little more than surprised to find a stowaway in the back of their bread truck, Loo... More

Prologue
Meet the Crew
Traps
Pillows!!!!!
The Hiding, the Seeking, the Child, and the Scout
The Little Nurse
How About Another Round of Hide and Seek
An Interesting Visit
Purple Dress
First Day
Play Nice
(A/N) Guess Who's Back!!!
A Simple Saturday
Lost
Blue-napped
The Pacifist (Blue-napped part 2)
Knuckleheads Don't Win
Faded Illusion
(A/N) New Book! RVB fans where you at!
Spooky Sleepover
Sweets, Treats, and Heartbeats (SS part 2)
Touching Base (SS part 3)
A/n: Tf2...School Play
Curiosity (SS part 4)
Found (SS part 5)
Welp....(SS part6)
A/N: Poll time!
In Death We Part (SS Finale)
(A/N) Plot direction...
Rewritten "Prolouge" Preview

Through the View of His Eye

2.8K 72 74
By PennNamedQuill

I'm still in my feels.

It'll lighten up in the very next chapter.

Gotta get the rest of this...whatever this is out of my system.

(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)(_)

The Lass passed out in my arms without a word. I put her on my back and began to make my way back.

"I've found the Lass." Demo says into his ear piece. When the round started we took care to make sure we had communication with each other to make finding (y/n) easier.

"Whoooo!"

"Job well done, partner!"

"How is girl. She okay?"

"Where are you now? Heavy and I can meet you."

"Alright, mate! Now bring her home!"

"Good work, Demo! Report back immediately. That's an order."

I turn down the volume on my set a bit.

I hear spy speak clearly. "Don't celebrate too quickly. You aren't out of hot water yet, mon ami. Watch out for my counter and try to meet Heavy and Medic for further protection on the way back."

I haven't heard from twinkle toes. The pint-sized lad must of left his piece in his scamperin haste.

"Doc, Heavy we are just outside blue base. Lass and I will meet ya near the border." I say into the receiver.

"Verstanden"

"Хорошо (Khorosho)"

"Demo? Demo! Hey, Cyclops over here!" I hear off to the side. I turn to see twinkle toes running up to us.

"Scout?" I question.

"Who else would it be genius?" The lad asked sarcastically.

"Watch that sass ya scamperin' windbag!" I warn him. I looked him over for a moment. Something's off.

"You found the child! That's great buddy! Let me see her." He comes closer. I instinctively step back. He looks at me confused and a bit of something else I can't quite place.

"-Hold ye horses. She's sleep'n." I make an excuse.

"Come on, I ain't that clumsy. I missed her a lot." He takes another advance. I hear a beep on my com-set and I hold up a hand to stop Scout. Hold up a finger telling him to wait a moment. He huffs but waits, surprisingly.

"Helo?" I pick up the call.

"Demo! I just respawned and picked up my com. Everyone else is saying you found kid. Did ya really. Where are you two?" Scout says on the line.

Welp...this was actually guessable. I snuck a quick glance at the "Scout" in front of me, who seemed none the wiser of the call I received. He stood their impatiently tapping his foot.

"Scout." I call.

"Um, yeah. What do you want cyclops?"

"I just got a call from...base." I say looking him in the eyes. I held the stare while I tried to reach for the handle of the Eyelander. "It seems everyone-else is well and accounted for."

I wasn't discreit enough. He spotted my hands and pulled out a butterfly knife and rushed me. I quickly spun out of the way, but not with a gash in my arm. At this point he decloaked, illusion gone. The Spy looked annoyed. He prepared to jump at me again. I braced myself and made sure the kid was still on my back.

He stopped. He fell forward. A syringe was embedded in the back of his neck.

"Auf Wiedersehen, idiotischer Spion." Medic mutters, strolling up, syringe gun in hand. Heavy trailed behind him, looking relieved and cheerful.

"Little Girl!" Heavy cheers. "Glad you are safe now."

"A bout time the both of ya found us." I say. Heavy holds out his arms and I took lass from off my back and handed her over to him. He cradled the small girl in his arms like a baby. Heavy's arms made her look so much smaller than she is...most things are smaller when compared to Heavy.

"Come on! Let's get back to the base. I think I could use a beer."

🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻

General POV

Demo walked into the base with Medic next to him and Heavy carrying (Y/n) behind them. They walked into the common room to find the rest of the Mercs gathered there, save for one. Everyone turned to the returning group and they cheered. They gathered around the trio and bombard them with questions and exclamations.

Heavy walked over to the couch to sit down with the sleeping kid, and the others followed him like sheep. Demo watched the commotion at ease. The stress of today and the past few days melt away.

"Trink ein Bier?" Medic held out a mug of beer for him to take.

Demo smirked and took the glass, "You know me well, Doc."

The chatter of the men woke (Y/n) up. She groaned as she tried to sit up in Heavy's arms.

"How are ya feelin alright Darlin?" Engie asked. "Are ya hurt?"

"I did not give you permission to go AWOL, cadet!" Soldier chimed in.

"Lay off her, sarge. Don't be so up yourself. It's not like she planned it." Sniper argued.

"Anyone apart of this unit and it goings on should be prepared for any situation. Unplanned kidnappings are no exception." Soldier stated daftly. In reality, he didn't want to express his worry out right. He is not a weak cupcake.

Sniper wasn't having it, "That is a load of—"

*sniffle*

The ontesting pair turn to the small child in surprise. (Y/n) looked on the brink of crying.

"Oh, no, no, *ssh*" Heavy tried to pacify the little girl.

"Now look what ya did you bloody idiot."

Soldier looked guilty for a moment, but (Y/n) said: "That's not what's wrong."

"Huddah?" Pyro questioned.

"...S-Scout *sniffle* Scout 's Dead!" (Y/n) exclaimed. The Mercs gave confused glances to each other. (Y/n) continued, " G-guard shot him a-and there was blood everywhere and i-it would't stop and I'm covered in it," She gestures to herself, " and now he's dead!"

The mercs tried to calm her down and explain but they either couldn't find the right words to explain or they were disrupted by the sound of her sobbing. Spy disappeared...not unusual and probably not be paid any attention—anyway— Engie finally figured out what to say.

"Darlin, Scouts not really dead." Engie started

"I saw him die."

"Yes, you did, but he didn't die permanently. Ya see there is this ...magical thing we call respawn that works within the confines of Teufort. I'm guessing you've already figured out that the "paint" was actually blood, right."

She nodded.

"Well, everytime we're hurt Medic heals us right up again, but whenever we can't find Medic or we're just hurt badly enough, we "pass on" and the respawn event resets us back to the base good as new."

The girl had calmed down and started to register what Engie was saying. "If that is true, then where's—"

"Get off of me ya dime a dozen backstabber! Why are ya draggin me—!" Spy came back dragging Scout by the back of his shirt. He releases the younger man and walks back to his corner to go back to enjoying his cigarette. Scout seeing this as he get back starts to curse, "What was the point of doing that ya—"

"Scout?"

Scout turned toward the familiar little voice, "Kid?"

"Scout!" (Y/n) jumps out of Heavy's hold and rushes up to her friend. She jumped up for a hug and Scout caught her and hugged back in return.

"I missed ya, kid."

"I thought you died Scout."

"Do you know who you're talking to? Can't get rid of me that easy, kid."

"Heaven knows everyone has tried." Spy says from his corner.

"Go to hell Spy." Scout...and (Y/n) say at the same time! Both Spy and Scout look at (Y/n), jaws dropped. The rest of the mercs stand in a shocked silence.

...."Fraulein?! No!" Medic exclaims like a offened mother.

"HaHaHa!" Demo starts laughing.

"Now just where did you learn that?" Engie asks.

"You all curse all the time." (Y/n) whine.

"That's not — I mean where did you learn that it was okay." Engie corrected himself.

"Guard and the others cursed all the time." (Y/n) answers.

"Guard?" Scout questions.

"He also said that if you guys started censoring yourselves, like a bunch bitches, then you all are dumbasses."

Another shocked pause.

"Who the HELL is Guard."

"Language!" Engie exclaims/

"Shut up." Scout turns back to (Y/n). "Who. is. Guard."

"Blue Scout." (Y/n) tells him.

"You're giving them nicknames!"

"Saying blue before every name is annoying."

"So what your telling me is that while I was—we were sitting here, worried sick, you were playing around and giving nicknames!"

"..." (Y/n) says nothing, not sure why Scout was upset or where he was going with this.

"I can't believe this. While I was losing my fucking mind, you were having tea parties and painting nails with fucking "Guard", and having a good old time."

"I did a good job on Guard's nails. I don't see why—" (Y/n) starts but Scout cuts her off to continue his rant.

"Don't start befriend fucking blues. They kidnapped you for gods sake."

"But Guard and BP were nice. I mean, Guard was a little mean at first but he likes to pull pranks too."

"Unbelievable..." Scout sound exasperated, "You know what I'm done for the day." Scout starts to walk off.

"Scout?" (Y/n) watched her friend storm off. "What did I do?" She asks no one in particular.

"Nothing Darlin." Engie says. "Scout is just a bit stressed out. He missed you a lot more than he'd let on."

"No need for him to be a pint sized mutt of an asshole." Demo mutters.

"Yes, that was a bit much, given Scout more recent behaviors." Medic says.

"Puny man has no reason to get upset though." Heavy says.

"On the other note, (Y/n)." Sniper begins, "Why don't we avoid using any cussing here from now on."

(Y/n)'s eyes never left the door way, "Okay..."

--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_-

...No real comment.

See you next chapter,

YoungWriter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 275 15
This job was starting to wear on you, being a Pyro you loved it so much, but when you forgot your medications, this job.. got insane very quickly and...
1.8K 50 15
After a teleporter malfunction, the Red Team finds themselves in a world much different from there own. Instead of desert they find themselves in a l...
5.2K 83 14
I published this a while ago but created new account since I haven't been on for some time. Please enjoy. Lots of love and adventure in the story. ~...
182K 5K 26
Your new life started at the RED base. You had been accepted onto the RED team as the tenth mercenary. The men didn't mind that you were a woman, in...