Beauty and A Beast (ON HOLD)

By Puella_Ignotum

The minute Cassandra Nightingale moved to Mystic Falls was when everything changed. Living in a new town with... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 16

255 15 8
By Puella_Ignotum

Waking up felt as though I had a hundred and fifty pound weight on my body, making me feel like I wanted to place my head in the pillow and never leave. Yet, the nagging feeling of burning questions inside made me rip the covers off my body and leap out of bed like a child at Christmas. Though, the second my feet hit the floor, I fell flat onto my face.

'Like Bambi on ice,' came a voice from the side. I slowly lifted my face to see a smiling Matt leaning against the door holding too mugs; steam slowly rising from each.

'You're not just going to stand there and laugh at me, are you?' I asked, feeling shooting pains up and down my right wrist.

'I would, though I imagine that you'll one day repay the favour,' Matt grinned as he walked over to the bedside table beside me. He placed the mugs down before easily picking me up and placing me on the bed, reaching for the mugs before sitting down next to me.

'Here, this might wake you up,' he smiled as he handed me the boiling mug. 'I'd wait a minute before you drink,' he saisd as I raised the mug to my lips, only stopping a centimetre away to look at him questioningly. 'It's just been poured and Caroline made it.'

I nodded my head in understanding before resting it on my covered legs. It only took me a few seconds of staring to realize that I was in my pjs and not resting on my own bed. 'What exactly...'

'Don't worry, Damon didn't change you, though this is his bed which I find weird considering the amount of bedrooms they have here,' Matt laughed as he tentatively took a sip from his mug, shaking his head in distaste before placing the mug on the floor.

'Why am I in Damon's house?'

'Last night you were pretty much out cold and Ric wanted to keep you near so he suggested that you and Elena slept over. I think she's actually just gotten up,' he said, pointing with his thumb towards the door.

'What even happened last night?' I asked as I pushed a strand of hair behind my ear, suddenly feeling my cheeks redden at the thought of having bed hair though Matt didn't seem to notice.

'Well, from what I heard, you battled Kol pretty well but when it started to go wrong, Damon and Alaric came in and daggered him.'

'What happened to killing him?'

'See, that's the thing; only a very powerful being, like you, can kill an Original as well as a white oak stake, which we don't have. The only option we had was to bring him here and keep him locked away.'

'Wait,' I said, holding out my hand as though to physically stop him. 'Kol's here? In the house?' I asked, my eyes widening as I met his eyes.

'Behind a bolted door in chains with God knows how much vervain pumped into his system, yeah.'

'So, he can't hurt anyone?'

'Well,' said Matt as he reached to rub the back of his neck. 'I wouldn't say that...Look, why don't you get dressed; I think Elena brought over some clothes last night, and then you can see for yourself.' He slowly bent down for his mug before standing up, smiling down at me, before walking towards the door. Just as he was pulling it shut, he popped his head back into the room. 'I wouldn't drink the coffee, by the way,' he said with a smirk before shutting the door gently.

I dragged my hands down my face before flopping backwards into the sheets. As I stared at the ceiling, flashes of images from the previous night darted through my head. I could almost feel the pressure of Kol's hand wrapped around my neck causing me to shoot up and whip my head round the room in fear.

I tried shaking my head in an attempt to rid myself of the images yet they stayed. Opting for option B, I lifted myself from the bed and walked into the bathroom. Seeing the clean sheets on the railings, I stripped free of my tank top and long bottoms before unraveling myself of my worries in the shower.

*

Wearing a large jumper, wooly socks and loose jeans, I slowly made my way down the corridors of the Salvatore boarding house. I had no idea where I was going, yet the faint sound of chatter gave me direction.

'She was close to death when we found her, Damon! You can't ask her to try again! She needs to heal,' came a voice that sounded similar to Stefan's.

'We can't afford to wait, Stefan! Once his psychotic family realize that he's missing, they're going to come straight to us. We have to dispose of him!' Damon shouted as I reached the top of the stairs.

'Damon, Stefan's right. Asking Andy to do something like that when her powers aren't at their full potential could kill her,' Elena said.

'Well then that's a risk we have to take!' Damon replied, his eyes suddenly catching me once the words were out of his mouth.

'Don't I get a say in this?' I asked quietly as I slowly made my way down the stairs; the Salvatore brothers, Elena, Matt, Caroline and Ric all watching my descent.

'Of course you do,' Alaric said as he walked over to me, placing a reassuring hand on my arm. 'What Damon is trying to say is that we only have you as a way to get rid of Kol,' he finished, sending a glare to Damon who just rolled his eyes and downed the remainder of his ever present drink.

'You guys haven't found the stake then?' I asked, crossing my arms over my chest in an attempt to warm my suddenly cold body.

'No one can remember where it was last seen,' answered Stefan.

'So, your only option is me,' I said slowly.

'You don't have to, Andy. We know how much of a strain yesterday was-'

'I want to.' At my words, the room froze; each of them giving me a worried glance.

'You do realize that you almost died last night, right?' asked Caroline as she stared at me in shock.

'I know. But, that's just a risk I'll have to be willing to take. I want this dick dead as much as you guys do and if I'm the only one that can do it then, so be it.'

*

After my announcement to risk death in order to kill the Original, Ric and the Salvatore brothers went into the study to discuss how I was going to get the power in order to do so. Elena and Caroline decided to go out shopping, though I declined their offer and, after Matt made me breakfast, he went back to the Grill.

That left me trying to find a source of entertainment in the boarding house. After reading the newspaper headed, Five girls fall victim to a Satanic Cult slaughter, and looking through their extensive book collection, I began to lose interest and decided to go for a wonder round the house. I didn't even think about where I was going when I reached the stairs that led to the cellar and dungeons, but once I saw the first empty cell, I realised where I was.

'I hope you haven't come down here to kill me,' came a voice from the next door cell, causing me to roll my eyes in annoyance that I had found something that I wasn't looking for. 'Though it wouldn't entirely ruin my day as I would get to see your beautiful face.' I walked to the end of the corridor where the final cell door was, before looking in to see Kol, leaning against the back wall with chains round his wrists and ankles; his usual pale skin a strange ask colour. 'Lady Cassandra,' he purred. 'What an honour this is.'

'Comfortable?' I asked through the small, barred window.

'I am now that you're here,' he said with a smirk.

I tried to surpress a shudder at his words, causing me to close my eyes. In the time that it took for me to open them again, Kol was standing right on the other side of the door, glaring at me with a cruel smirk. 'Open this door,' he commanded; his eyes pulsing as he tried to compell me causing me to laugh.

'You and I both know that Elementals can't be compelled,' I replied with a smirk of my own as I tried to stop myself from recoiling from his too close face.

'Smart girl. A man can try, though,' he muttered as his eyes bore into mine.

'You're never going to get out of here alive, you know. Damon and the others are going to find a way for me to kill you and then we're going to get the rest of your family.'

'The only way that you're going to kill me, darling, is with your full powers. And, if I'm right, you won't get them for another month. That isn't long but it's long enough for me to get out of here.' If possible, he leaned closer to my face despite the bars. 'And when I do, I'm going to rip out the throats of each of your friends whilst you watch and then, once their blood flows along the roads of the town, I'll turn to you, making you beg for death,' he whispered.

I stood there with my mouth slightly agape from his words. I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end as all the images of what he could do to me swam through my head and, for the first time since I had met him, I was truly scared.

Not knowing what to do, I turned round and ran towards the stairs, not looking back to see if he was watching me; the shivers running down my body was enough to tell me that his stare was still on me. Once I flew through the door at the top of the stairs, I turned and slammed the door shut; my heart pounding against my chest.

I rested my back against the door before slowly falling towards the floor. I was terrified. I'd be stupid not to be. But, despite Kol's words making me feel sick inside, I was glad he said them. It gave me more of a desire to kill him.

---

Hey guys - hope you all liked the chapter! The next one should be up soon!
Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!
P.s. Has anyone read/watched the Morganville Vampires? I need to have a major discussion about it!
Much love <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 162 36
Just your average witch. Except I am an outcast. My witch mother bore me to a werewolf father. I am a new orleans witch and a cresent moon wolf. A h...
223K 5.3K 40
"you saved me" ∆ ∆ ∆ Life has never been simple for Kaitlyn Paige. From the very beginning of her youth she has known pain. After the mysterious dea...
450K 11.2K 68
[COMPLETE] Edited as of: 29th September 2019 [EDITING 2023] ❝Falling in love with you was beyond my control. ❞ Second book to Fell In Mystic Falls...
33.2K 550 15
Kol Mikaelson is filled with hatred, but by someone who is just as dangerous and smart as him, a girl, Isabel Reilly. She's vicious, she's cunning, s...