My Best Friend the Rockstar (...

By sbergeron16

He's been my best friend for years, but that spark has always been there. We tried dating once before while I... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Author Note - Final
Book 2 in Steel Wolf
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 1-3)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 4 - 6)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 7 - 11)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 12 - 15)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 16 - 18 )
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 19 - 22)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 23-24)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 25-28)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 29-32)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 33-36)
Dimitri POV (Chapter 37-41)
Dimitri POV Chapter 42-45
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 46 - 49)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 50 - 53)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 54 - 57)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 58 - 62)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 63 - 66)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 67 - 69)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 70 - 72)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 73 - 74)

Chapter 6

6.5K 189 19
By sbergeron16

"Please don't get your hopes up over what I'm about to say." He warns me. "I'm trying to work it that we get into Chicago Friday night and stay in the city for a few days. Well at lest I would stay for a few days."

"Really? How would you be able to do that?" I snuggle deeper into my bed. My excitement at the possibility of being able to spend some actual time with him chases away any sleepiness I might have been feeling.

"The crew would still leave Sunday afternoon and head to the next city. I would catch a plane Monday night so I can be in Sandusky before the concert on Wednesday."

"That would be wonderful! Like I said before school will be out for the summer so I won't have to juggle work and seeing you."

"I remember hence why I'm trying to make this happen." I could hear the smile in his voice. "Once I'm out there maybe we can discuss the possibility of us."

Deciding to by playful I say, "maybe. I have to make sure I can put up with you in person. Dealing with you over the phone is very different than having to deal with you in person. For starters on the phone I can hang up on you and not answer your calls if I don't want to deal with you. But in person that won't be a possibility."

"Is that so?" He growls sounding more like a bear than a man.

"Yes sir!"

"We shall see about that. If I was there right now I would be tickling the shit out of you."

"Guess it's my lucky day since your not."

"Ha ha ha your so funny."

"I try. But I do have a question for you if the concert is Wednesday night why do you have to be there for Tuesday?"

"Oh I didn't tell you?" He continues not waiting for my response. "Our manager somehow convinced the owners of Cedar Point to have the concert at the park. On Tuesday they are closing the park to the public so the band and crew can enjoy the day. Then Wednesday afternoon we are having the concert there."

"That sounds like a lot of fun. I've been there a few times and always had a blast."

"Oddly I've never been. We are all looking forward to a relaxing day and getting to do something without the worry of being mobbed by people."

"That has to get old really quick."

"You have no idea." His says softly.     

Out of nowhere I yawn. "Apparently I'm more tired than I thought."

"Go to sleep baby. I've kept you up long enough."

"Nighty night. Love you."

"Love you to gorgeous. Sleep well."

With that I hang up the phone feeling more positive about my relationship with Dimitri. Who knows that the future hold for us, but at lest I know where we currently stand. And that the door of us being together is still open. Now I just have to get through the next few weeks. I really hope he is able to postpone leaving for Sandusky. I just wish it was for longer than a couple of days, but I will take what I can get without complaint.

With thoughts of my sexy rocker bestfriend floating in my head I fall asleep.

~*~

Thankfully the weeks flew by and it was already the Friday before the concert. Cramming as much of the content into my students consumed most of my time, but I still made time for Dimitri. And I did go out with Keith a few more times. I enjoy spending time with him, but he isn't able to make my heart race like Dimitri can.

I could tell with each conversation between myself and Dimitri he was becoming more and more agitated each time I told him I was hanging out with Keith. But he kept his promise and continued to bite his tongue. I had told him I wasn't putting my life on hold for him again. I did that once and it came back to bite me on the ass. Lessons were learned the hard way. No way was I going to travel back down that road. He was either going to make us official or we would remain friends. The broken road our relationship is traveling has come to a fork and decisions need to be made.

The final bus is called and the last of my students give me hugs and well wishes for the summer. I will miss them, but onto the next group of students. Grapping my bag I turn the lights off and head out the door. Heading to what I hope is the next chapter of my life.

The other teachers in the building yell goodbye to me as I stride down the hallway towards the doors. I'm dying to tell them about Dimitri and the possible weekend we have planned. I guess they will find out soon enough about my relationship with him if we make it official.

He still hasn't told me if he is for sure going to be able to stay in Chicago for a few days. His excuse is his manager won't give him a straight answer. I have a feeling the answer is he can't and he doesn't want to hurt me till he has too. I'd rather he was straight forward and tell me the bad news already. Dragging it out will only make things worse.

As I slide into my car my phone buzzes with a message. I gleefully smile excited Dimitri texted me back finally. He had sent me the normal good morning, but nothing more. His silence isn't something I have been used to.

My smile vanishes when I realize it isn't him, but Vanessa seeing if I wanted to carpool with her for Alex's birthday party. Quickly I text my response telling her it sounds like a plan. Her response is instant asking what time should she be at my house to pick me up. Checking the clock I see its 2:00 and figure I should be ready by five at the latest. So I tell her anytime after five. She readily agrees and I once again check to make sure my response to Dimitri did in fact did go though before I leave the parking lot.

In no time at all I'm pulling into my driveway and heading inside. Yet again I check my phone only to be disappointed when there are still no messages from Dimitri. Did I say something wrong again? I flip through the previous messages double checking and discover nothing that could lead him to be upset with me. Maybe he's just busy or sleeping? They are currently on the road heading to Chicago for the show tomorrow. That's it he must be trying to catch as much sleep as he can.

The only concrete plans that him and I have are for after the show. He made me promise that I would come back to his hotel so we could have some time to become reacquainted with each other again. I hope he's not thinking that I'm going to jump into bed with him. Granted we have slept together, but there are pieces in our relationship that need to be worked out before something like that can happen. Who am I kidding? Deep down I know that if he asks I would jump into his bed without any hesitation. I need to be stronger than I've ever been before.

Keith still doesn't know that I know Dimitri. He keeps trying to get me to make plans with him after the show and I keep side stepping. I really need to tell him. Especially when he sees the amazing seats we have and the backstage passes. Not to mention the fact Dimitri demanded that we arrive early so he can see me before the show. He even went as far to make sure it happens by arranging a limo to pick us up.

The desire to bang my head on the wall is a struggle to fight. I have much to confess this evening and to more people than just Keith. I plan on giving the other two tickets to Alex for her birthday tonight. She knows my gift involves an activity for tomorrow, but she doesn't know what it is. Alex is going to flip when she sees the tickets and the passes. I guarantee she is going to try and return them to me claiming it's to much. When that happens I figure it will be the perfect opportunity to confess to her how her birthday present came to be. Keeping her quite about it is going to be a struggle because Alex is a huge fan of Steel Wolf. Maybe even more so than I am.

The stress of the evening drapes upon me like a robe. Who knew knowing a Rockstar could be so stress full? My phone rings pulling me from my thoughts and I race to answer it.

"Hello."

"Hey Skylar its Keith."

Damit not the sexy rocker I had been hoping for. "How goes it?"

"Fine. Just getting off work." Easily I could hear the nervousness in his voice. "I was calling to see if you had wanted to drive together to Alex's birthday party." Phew, I dodged that bullet by Vanessa reaching out first. I'm not ready to be alone with him in the car right now.

"I would love to, but I already told Vanessa I would ride with her. And I'd hate to back out on her last minute." Though I'm sure she wouldn't mind, but there is no need to tell him that.

"Shoot. I knew I should have asked you sooner."

"I'll see you there at lest." And before I lost my nerves I add, "some point tonight there's something I need to share with you about tomorrow."

"Whatever it is I'm sure it will be fine." You say that now just wait for when I confess to you about Dimitri. Maybe you'll be so star stuck you won't get that upset about the whole situation. A girl could dream couldn't she?

"Well I have to get going. I still need to get ready."

"Alrighty. See you at the bar." I hang up the phone.

Crap! Crap! Crap! I blame Dimitri for the situation I'm in. But I have no one to blame, but myself. The only positives are one Alex is getting an amazing birthday present, two the Keith and I fling started with clear rules and expectations that we weren't looking for anything serious and three in less than twenty four hours I will be seeing Dimitri.

The thoughts of seeing Dimitri melt away all my stress and worries about the up coming night. No matter what happens this evening at lest I will be seeing him tomorrow. The thought of him will get me thorough the upcoming difficult conversations.

My abnormally silent phone haunts my thoughts. That is if he isn't pissed at me. What could be preventing him from sending me a simple text message? I already have the tickets so I don't have to worry about him not sending them to me.

Skylar stop it. You are not helping yourself by falling down the rabbit hole of worry. I need to get my emotions under control and focus on getting dressed. One dilemma at a time. I need to focus on one dilemma at a time and only on the ones that I can control.

Repeating the sentence over and over in my head I finish getting ready. Stepping back from the mirror I take in my appearance. I'm glad I had decided to curl my hair so the soft waves framed my face. Knowing me I will be pulling it into a pony tail not to long after we get there, but the way I styled it even a pony tail will work with my creation.

Applying the lights amount of make up because sweat is going to happen and I don't need my face dropping off my face. Plus I always look better when I only apply a light amount of make up. My dress is the one who is going to steal the show. I can't believe I allowed Harper to talk me into it. She's my other best friend and had come home for a visit last weekend. Since she tends to have better fashion sense between the two of us I had begged her to go shopping with me. She picked out this dress and the one for tomorrow. But looking at the dress no I was second guessing her decision. Sadly time was up and I had no time to change into something different.

The dress was the shortest dress I have ever worn. Harper had promised me it wouldn't ride up as I was dancing. It was a red one shoulder side spliced dress. Unlike the dress for tomorrow my boobs wouldn't be practically falling out. She too knows I know Dimitri and picked something to catch the rockers attention over the other women in attendance at the concert. I didn't have the heart to tell her I already knew all his attention would be focused on me.

Vanessa rings the doorbell and even the slight possibility of changing vanishes. I walk down the stairs as fast as the dress would allow without me falling.

She opens the door and walks in as I clear the landing. "Damn trying to impress Keith or something?"

I confess the real reason behind the dress. "A part of me keeps hoping I will get to see Dimitri tonight. But the longer my phone stays silent the more that hopes disappears."

"You'll get to see him tomorrow." She says with a shrug. "Don't let his lack of attention dull your evening. We are off to celebrate Alex's birthday."

"Your right. Tonight is about her not Dimitri."

"Exactly! And since I'm driving your free to drink your worries away."

A drink sounds like the exact thing I need right now. With that thought in my head I slip on my black high healed boots and zip them all the way up. Before I walk out the door I grab my purse and the envelope containing the tickets.

We head into her car and take off for club. The party is gathering at this club in city called Starlite Ultra Lounge. Supposedly its one of the best clubs in the city. Going into the city isn't one of my favorite pass times, but since it's Alex's birthday the location was her decision. She has been wanting to check this place out for awhile. Since we tend to talk her out of going into the city whenever we go out she used her birthday as an excuse to make us go.

So now here I sit in Venessa's car checking my phone every five minutes.

"I'm going to throw your phone on the window if you don't stop." The glint in her eyes tells me she would really do what she was threatening. "Relax already will yeah."

We hit a bit of traffic as we enter the city, and worry about finding parking at the busy club. Our worry was for nothing when we pull up only to find the place almost empty.

"Are you sure this is the place?" I ask even though I can clearly see the name above the building.

Venessa double checks the GPS and confirms we are at the correct location. She follows an alley behind the building to a fenced in lot. This place must really be something if the have secured parking. She pulls up to the man standing at the gate and starts to get her wallet out as she asks how much is parking. Nothing in the city is free. We are both shocked when he says that tonight parking is free, but only if we know the birthday girl's name. What kind of question is that? What the hell is going on? A practically empty club on a Saturday night and a weird questions.

Venessa tells him Alex's name and he opens the gate to let us in. She pulls through the gate and parks. We sit there for a moment before I break the silence.

"This is weird right?" She can only answer by nodding her head. "I wonder what is going on?"

"No clue, but let's head in and see if we can get any answers once we get inside."

We step out of the car and head inside. Instantly my questions are answered when I walk in. I feel like I'm having an outer body experience when someone yells my name and comes running over to me. Before I can process what it happening a pair of strong familiar arms enclose around me.

(Any ideas on what is happening? And who might be throwing their arms around Skylar in excitement. How is Keith going to react to Skyler's disclosure of knowing Dimitri? Why has Dimitri fallen silent to Skylar?  Read the next chapter to discover answers to these questions. Please don't forget to like this chapter and add comments.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 275 56
"You're supposed to be my best friend, but all I can think about is kissing you again." TEDDY: I somehow got stuck in the unfortunate "one of the guy...
776 46 22
"You get prettier every time, Autumn." He says, his eyes looking me up and down. My heart flutters and butterflies fill my stomach, "I thought you d...
1.6K 51 44
- I truly believe that soulmates will always end up together. No matter how much love got lost, no matter how much distance there was, if it's meant...
143 45 21
Lights Contemporary Romance His was the face over her bed, hers became the face inside his head. A thoughtful birthday gift, a husband encouraging h...