My Best Friend the Rockstar (...

By sbergeron16

He's been my best friend for years, but that spark has always been there. We tried dating once before while I... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Author Note - Final
Book 2 in Steel Wolf
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 1-3)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 4 - 6)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 7 - 11)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 12 - 15)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 16 - 18 )
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 19 - 22)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 23-24)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 25-28)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 29-32)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 33-36)
Dimitri POV (Chapter 37-41)
Dimitri POV Chapter 42-45
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 46 - 49)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 50 - 53)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 54 - 57)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 58 - 62)
Dimitri's POV (Chapter 63 - 66)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 67 - 69)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 70 - 72)
Dimitri's POV (Chapters 73 - 74)

Chapter 2

8.6K 227 17
By sbergeron16

The alarm clock goes off and I fight the urge to hit snooze again but, at least today is Friday. Lack of sleep from the night before is due to Dimitri and myself staying up late talking. I recognize I should have thrown the towel in sooner, but I really enjoy our phone calls. Due to his busy schedule we usually aren't able to talk on the phone. Most of our conversations as of late have been through texting. The tour has been consuming most of his time. In about a month or so he will be able to go home and relax for a couple of weeks. Then he will be back on the bus.

Without much finesse I roll out of bed and meander to the closet. The first shirt I see is selected along with a pair of jeans. Fridays are also my favorite day because we get to wear jeans. Slipping out of my pjs I change into my clothes for the day.

Before I leave my room, I walk over to my night stand and grab my phone. There is a text waiting for me.

Good morning Beautiful.

For the past few months Dimitri has been texting me every morning. No matter what he has going on the night before the day of.

Morning Handsome. How'd you sleep?

I hit send and finish my morning routine.

~*~

The phone beeps as I'm getting in my car indicating an incoming text. Before I leave, I sit in the driver's seat and check my messages.

Eh okay. I tossed and turned a bit. I got more sleepthen the other guys. You?

Quickly I type my response. The need to get to work influencing my actions.

Same. I didn't want to get up this morning.

Without waiting for a response, I start my car and drive to work.

As soon as I get to the school, I put the car in park and check my phone. There is a message waiting for me.

That sucks. I feel yeah though. How are things going with the job?

It goes. I love what I do. I love working with the kids and helping them continue their education.

I sense a but in there somewhere.

I don't know. Just ready for summer break. The burn out is real.

Only a few more weeks and then you will be free to let your hair down! Or are you teaching summer school?

Not this summer. I decided to give myself a true summer vacation.

Good you deserve an actual summer vacation. Well we are about to start practice. I'll text you when I get a chance.

Sounds good. I just got to the school anyways. Love you!

Love you too beautiful.

The time has come for me to grab my bag and step out of the car with the hopes today flies by. I'm supposed to meet up with some friends from the barn and head out for drinks. Dimitri has a concert tonight so I probably won't be hearing from him.

Once I reach the door, I scan my key card and the door unlocks allowing my entrance into the building. When Im inside I head straight to my classroom and yell good morning to everyone along the way. Everyone patriot my response. We are all counting down to the last day of school.

I step into my classroom and sit down at my desk. Following my morning routine, I power on the computer, roll up my sleeves and prepare myself for my students.

~*~

"Have a great weekend!" I yell to everyone as I get into my car. This Friday turned out to be uneventful, which never happens. Now, I need to run home and change before heading to the barn.

I check my phone for the hundredth time since this morning and still no message from Dimitri. Wonder if he is yet again done with me. I shake my head attempting to displace my thoughts because his actions of late show no indication of that. But I cant help, but feel guarded because of last time. He's probably busy with the band I remind myself. They do after all have a concert tonight.

The memory of him calling me to tell me how the band was getting a record deal creep into my thoughts as I drive home.

~*~

"Skylar!" He sounds all breathless through the phone.

"You are never going to guess what just happened!"

"Hmmmm," I tap a finger on my lips.

I must have waited too long to guess because he blurts the surprise out, "Steel Wolf was just offered a record label!"

Excitement consumes me and I start to jump up and down, which was probably a bad idea since I was in the middle of the grocery store. Yet, who cares Dimitri's band now has a real shot at becoming famous. 

"Dimitri that's incredible! I'm so proud of you!" There was no hiding the squeal in my voice. "Y'all have been working so hard!"

"I know and all that hard work is finally starting to pay off. The minute we signed the contract all I could think about was calling you," a sadness starts to seep into his voice, "We are all going out to celebrate. I wish you were coming with."

"Me too. Maybe now you will finally have the money to come visit me." I joke.

"I hope so!"

"After all it is your turn. I came out and visited you a few years back."

"That you did."

I quickly change the subject back because I really don't want to go up that road too many hurt feelings. "You will still have fun tonight. You have a lot to celebrate!"

"That I do!" He pauses. "Skylar thank you for always having faith in me. Especially when I didn't."

"Of course, that's what friends are for." I almost choke on the word friends. Can't you see I'm still in love with you? That to me you are the one who got away. The one what if I have in my life.

He stops my thoughts in their tracks with his next statement. "I have to go my girl is calling me." The girlfriend. "I can't wait to tell her the good news!"

"I bet! Take care. Be safe tonight!"

"I will. Love you."

"Love you too." My I love you is very different then his, but not much I can do all the way over here

~*~

Can't believe three years have passed since they signed. In those three years the band has made it big. They mostly play for sold out venues. Whenever I go to the store, I see Dimitri's face plastered on t-shirts and posters.

Over the years I've listened to him talk about one girl after another and had to learn real quick to burry my true feelings. At the same time I also discovered I needed him in my life in some way or another. So, as he was seeing other people so was I, but neither of us seemed to have any luck making them last.

I've been through some tough relationships. I even got married my last year of college, but that was very short lived and during a period in time I wasn't talking with Dimitri.

After everything we have been through together our friendship has not only remand in tack, but also strong.

I pull into my driveway and turn the car off. Before I exit the vehicle, I grab my bag and sprint into the house. There was more traffic than I had expected and now I only have a half hour to get ready. Being late is something I despise.

First action is I run into my bathroom and plug my straightener in. While I wait for it to heat up I rush into my room and browse through my selection. I settled on a red button up flannel, a black tank top and a tight pair of jeans that will look great with my cowboy boots.

Without over thinking my clothing I throw them on and slip into the bathroom. Quickly I touch up my already straightened long brown hair and apply the lightest of makeup. When I'm finished I step back to inspect myself.

My bright green eyes stare back at me. I went with a little darker shades of eye shadow and I got the smoky look I was going for. I run my fingers through my hair, spray on some body spray and walk down the stairs.

My parents were sitting in the family room watching tv. Still living with my parents wasn't something I wanted, but I was saving for a down payment on a house. Living rent free with them was my best option on a teachers salary.

"Didn't even hear you come in." I tell them.

"We just walked in the door," my mom informs me.

I check the clock and see I'm five minutes behind.

"I've got to go."

"Where are you going?" My dad asks.

"I'm meeting up with some friends at the barn and from there we are heading out for drinks." Before they can ask, I give them the answer. "And no I don't know when I will be getting home. I have my phone on me if you need me."

"Okay hunny! Have fun." My mom tells me.

As I head towards the front door I yell. "Bye! Love you!"

"Love you too!" They both yell back.

I open my phone to send Alex a quick message letting her know I'm a bit behind and discover I have a missed call from Dimitri. He called me about fifteen minutes ago. I contemplate calling him back or not. Yet in the end I decide to send him a text instead.

Hey sorry I missed your call! I was getting ready! Have fun at the show tonight. Love you!

Almost immediately after I hit send my phone starts to ring.

Thinking Alex is calling I answer without looking at the caller id. "Sorry I'm running a little behind. Traffic was worse than I thought. I should be there soon." I tell her all in a rush.

"As much as I wish you really were almost here I have a feeling you thought someone else was calling." I hear Dimitri's voice from the other end of the phone and my stomach flutters with butterflies. Never expected he would be calling me.

"Sorry! Yeah. I'm running late to meet up with everyone." Carefully, I back out of my driveway and head to the barn. "Didn't expect you to text me back so soon let alone call. Show not start yet?"

"No, it did. The opening acts are still on the stage. I just wanted to hear your voice today. I miss you."

"Have you been drinking?"

"I only had one small glass of Scotch."

"Hmmmm"

"What?"

"Nothing. I miss you to." I say hoping to change the subject.

I hear someone calling his name. "I have to go they are looking for me."

"Have a great show!"

"Love you beautiful."

"Love you to!"

He hangs up. Damn these butterflies I always get when he calls me beautiful.

Around the time he hangs up I'm pulling up the barns drive way. I park my car, get out and head into the club house when I see no one standing outside.

When I enter I discover Alex and her boyfriend Travis sitting in the booth. Along with Vanessa and someone I don't recognize. Rylan has his back to me sitting in a chair he pulled up.

"Sorry guys! Didn't mean to make everyone wait."

"No big deal." Alex reassures me. "Rylan just got here."

"Yeah but he's always late." I laugh when he glares at me.

"No I just get to places at the exact time I want to. I can't help it if the time isn't the same as everyone else."

"Now that everyone is here. Let's go." Travis directs us as he tries to push Alex out of the booth. They make an interesting couple.

Vanessa and the stranger scoot off their seat.

"Sorry Skylar have you ever meet my friend Keith?" Alex asks me.

"Not till today." I extend my hand. "Hi I'm Skylar."

He shakes my hand. "Keith." He drops my hand quickly.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready for that alcohol I was promised."

We start out the door and into the parking lot.

(Lovely readers please don't forgot to add comments! Feedback is always welcomed! And if you are enjoying this story don't forget to like it and follow me! This way you know when new chapters are being added and when I start another new story!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 213 38
A whirlwind romance that all starts with a joint in a hotel room... Excerpt "Are you going to say anything?" He asks softly interrupting my thoughts...
56.6K 2.9K 80
I've been Steel Wolf's manager for years. I always managed to keep my personal life away from the band. Till one night changed everything. Now I'm in...
12K 957 57
Mason 🎸 My life's in shambles. Okay, that's a little dramatic considering that my band broke up. But I don't know what to do with my future, my care...
192K 6.6K 73
I wasn't the type to fall at the feet of a guy, especially not for his looks. I didn't waste my time with crushes and boyfriends and all the dating a...