Swapped Over

By ItsSwapPapyrus

Having little to no memories on what happens, you wake up to find two skeleton brothers who look awfully simi... More

Ch. 1
ch.2. difference between
ch.3. Ground Rules
Ch.4. Not-so-great meeting
Ch.5. Riddle-tones
Ch.6. Skele-ton
Ch.7. Royalty
Ch.8. Shops and Spars
Ch.10. Camping trip?
Ch.11. 'Stretch'ed Out
Ch.12. The Forest
Ch.13. (Nearly) 21 questions
Ch.14. Finders Keepers pt 1
15. Finders keepers pt 2
Ch. 16 Meet the horror brothers

Ch.9. More than six

1.7K 118 44
By ItsSwapPapyrus

Chapter Summary: Sans wants to talk.

Healing heavily, you chest rose and fell as Blue pinned you onto the patio, your arms held tightly on your sides as disgusting sweat lining on your skin. You narrowed your eyes up at Blue, your cheeks red and now pink from the haste movements you've been doing for the past hour.

Monster bones were magnificent, they moved like skin to form distraught and happy reactions, yet no matter how long you knew the two, they could never hide their teeth despite the lacklustre of skin.

Blue's expression was one of victorious and pride. A soft 'mweheheh' coming from him as he lowered his skull, feeling the hot breath nipping your skin as you struggled against his iron hold.

"I Put The 'Laughter' In Your 'Slaughter', Y/n." He coo'd, the cheery smile fading as he hovered over you maliciously.

However, unable to keep the play on, you bursted out laughing. Much to your opponent's dismay. The eerie look in his features melted away as he stared in disbelief. Letting your hands go as he sat back in disbelief, cradling your waist as you covered your mouth with both hands, tears gathering in your eyes the longer you laughed.

"Y/N!" Blue whined, tugging at your shirt. "YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO LAUGH!"

"I-I IM SORRY!" You continued. The two of you unaware of the arrival of the other housemates gathering into the house and following the melodic laughter that sourced from the backyard.

To their surprise, You and Blue were in an intimate position with Blue comfortably sitting on top of you as if to establishing dominance. The sour yet joyous stars in his sockets said another thing as he giggled with your rambunctious laughter. All while Stretch laid back with a sucker in between his teeth and closed eyes—as if this was a everyday occurrence.

Something stirred within the skeleton's soul, seeing you acting so carefree with your boys only ignited the furious jealousy within. Yet none of them acted upon it as Blue steadily crawled off of you and joined hands, laying next to you while staring at the sky.

Red's jaw tightened, unintentionally grinding his teeth together as he pivoted and walked further into the house, up the stairs and into his bedroom with a loud slam.

It might as well shook the house because you were no longer laughing but looking upwards towards the sliding glass doors. The familiar wide grin on your lips as you rolled over to your stomach and waved.

"Welcome back!" You greeted. "Sorry we didn't wait for you. Kind of finished earlier and came back after eating lunch."

"s'fine, kid." Sans spoke as each remaining skeletons chipped away into doing their own things. He side-glanced at Stretch before meeting your bright eyes. "can we have a talk?"

Your eyebrows knitted together in confusion, slowly pushing yourself up to sit comfortably. Not seeing the cautious stare of Stretch and wiry look of Blue.

"Yeah, sure." You said, pushing yourself to stand. You legs wobbled in protest and a small 'woah' escaped your lips before trailing after Sans, picking up your discarded shirt along the way.

The house was eerily quiet, an ominous setting hovered over your head as you followed Sans towards the basement—Yet you stopped at the entrance. Eyebrows knitted tightly in confusion and slight guard.

"it's okay," Sans said upon noticing your hesitance. "everything is shut off, the schematics and projectiles are put away for now."

Your hand lingered on the door knob, looking into the stairway of the basement. The last time you entered a basement with equipment you didn't understand; Stretch had yelled at you, resulting in your third attempt of leaving.

You swallowed the built up saliva and steadily walked down the steps, each creaking louder in protest of your weight until you finally made it to the concrete floor that helped the house not sink into the earth.

It was colder in here than the rooms upstairs, a strange fog hovered over the ceiling as you followed Sans through a vault. If the universe-theory was correct then your assumption would be correct and that the machine (the source that dragged you here) and others would be hooked up to a small generator.

You pursed your lips into a thin line as Sans punched in the code, the rhythm beeps somewhat soothing as he pulled the latch open and gestured you inside.

Looking at him for confirmation, when he nodded you reluctantly entered with him shortly following after you. The door closed with a loud beep, instantly locking the two of you in.

It would have been suffocating if it weren't for the small sound of running generator and a dead phone line. Sans was a good grasp on reality itself but the feeling of being caged still haunted your thoughts while Sans went to sit in front of a large computer screen.

The machine that ripped you through time and space was covered by a large white tarp, everything unplugged and collecting dust in the corner. Sans gestured to the chair beside him and you quickly sat down.

The only sound in the room was the generator and the dial tone, not settling your nerves about the scary basement you had been chased out of once.

"i don't want to take too much of your time, y/n." Sans' deep voice snapped you out of your thoughts. Making you purse your lips into a thin line. "i might need you for three days, i'll tell stretch and blue about it— since it seems you're the only one who can look for the other four." He said, lightly tapping the space bar of the keyboard and revived the computer. The sudden light blinding you slightly as you squinted your eyes.

It was a map of the city along with a few colourful dots. One of which was a brilliant bright red, pulsing softly within the embassy. Two others were a rustic orange and a faded red, within the forest floor. A purple and faint orangeish red pulsed softly in the next town over.

"the red in the embassy is the kid who freed us. the other four are skeleton monsters like me and pap." He pointed at the ones in the forest near the house. "these two, i have no idea why they are there, but they seem to be moving at the slow pace. i've monitored their movements for a few hours last night and gathered that they only moved within the forest. sometimes the colour would brighten and dim, i haven't given much time to think about it and come up with a theory as to why—but i think they're... hunting?"

You furrowed your eyebrows, locking into the dimmed lights on the screen. "Why do you say that as a question?" You asked, looking over to Sans.

He shrugged his shoulders and pointed at a majority piece of the forest. "they tend to avoid going here at all cost. probably because it's widely known as a camping spot for humans."

You nodded your head but quickly shook it. "And this involves me, how?"

He chuckled airly. "paps and i have our own y/n. red and edge seems to have their own, stretch and Blue have you—do you know where i'm going with this?"

You nodded your head slowly. "They must have a Y/n of their own but there is no telling how close they were, right?"

Sans looked prideful of your own discovery, a small flush of blue over his cheekbones. "yep. it'll take a while to locate them since they don't necessarily stay in the same spot for too long—the other two, however.." He glanced at the town over. "they should be easy to locate, just ask the locals if they seen skeleton monsters around and point us to the right direction."

"The fact that there is more than one me still hasn't settled in and still blows my mind." You said, looking at the forest portion of the map. "If these two are harder to locate, then it's best if we go search for them now than later. Who knows when they'll gather the courage to ditch." Speaking from experience. You thought at the end of your words. Gnawing down on your bottom lip.

"Wait, what did you mean by 'it seems you are the only one who can look for the other four'?" You asked, deepening your voice to mock his—although there was no hostility in it. Sans smile wavered slightly.

"uh...how much do you know about monster souls?" He probed, exiting out the tracker map and shut off the screen. He leaned back on his chair and intertwined his fingers on top of his lap, suddenly looking nervous.

"Just the basics." You said truthfully, when he didn't say anything you continued. "Just that your souls is what keeps you together with dust and magic, the very culmination being of.. well, you."

Sans avoided your look as he coughed. "then.. you doing know about bonding, right?"

"Like... BDSM?" You tiles your head, fighting off the teasing smile that threatened to show. The bewildering look in Sans face made you snort as he began to stutter and stumble over his words. It was until you laughed that he got that you were just kidding.

"anyways," Sans said pointedly. "bonding to monsters is like... soulmates to humans.. it uh, it leaves a mark on your soul and intertwines with your natural magic and seals it." He scratched the back of his skull, a long sigh coming from him as he straightened and looked at you. "seeing your relationship with stretch and blue, i wouldn't be surprised to see that they unintentionally bonded with you..." he paused for a second, watching as your features turned into confusion, realization and confusion again.

He sighed softly. "may i take out your soul? it's better to show you than explaining it."

You blushed madly, covering your chest and moving away from Sans. You may have not known much about souls but you knew that taking one out of confrontation was considered lewd. Like hand-holding in anime.

"i-i!!" He stumbled, forcing down the furious blush. "not like that! no ill intentions, i swear."

You sighed and lowered your arms from your chest—Stretch nor Blue had the privilege to see your soul yet, despite the years you've known them. Yet here you were, getting out soul taken out by someone you met not even a week ago.

"Alright... But this stays in between us, okay?" You said sternly as he stiffly nodded his head.

Lifting his hand up and motioned 'come here' with his finger, a small tug in your chest caused you to gasp until a floating cartoon heart hovered over Sans' palm. The colour was brilliant and vibrant, shining its glowing light in the darkest corner in the room as Sans stared at the soul with...something in his sockets.

"i knew it..." he whispered. He lightly shook his head and pointed at the two brightest colours. "perseverance and kindness." The heart was a mix of the two, swirling softly between the two yet not merging together into a grey colour. A few strings attached to your soul in different shades of oranges and blues, in total there was ten thin strings moving at a comical slow pace around the soul, your soul.

"this, string right here is blueberry and this one is stretch.." he blushed profusely. "the others.. are... us. even the ones you haven't met yet."

"What?" You breathed, furrowing your eyebrows. "How is that possible? I don't know you all that well."

"but you have an understanding of it." He said quickly, motioning the soul back into your chest. The empty feeling felt whole again as if you over ate during thanksgiving. "my theory is that; since several versions of stretch and blue are around, their bond expanded towards them—to us." He rolled his hands, trying to make sense of the situation for you.

"But.." You swallowed, unsure how to even finish that sentence.

"i'm sure stretch and blue had no idea about the bonding but when we go on our three day trip, they'll feel it." He stopped his movements, placing his hand over his chest and balled his white shirt. "i feel it. whenever you are far, i feel a painful tug in my soul. its telling me to go and find you and keep you safe."

You already left your imprint on Sans and me, where ever the hell you go, we sure as hell will be there along side you. Stretch's words echoed in your head—did he know about the bond? The phone calls, Blue's voicemails of him crying and begging you to come back. Alphys' threats and Stretch's pleas all made sense now.

Before you could spiral down that train of thought, Sans' deep voice pulled you back up.

"but you aren't ours."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.5K 642 13
An au sanses x MONSTER reader x au papyruses? Papyri? A fanfiction, it is not self-indulgent. So if your just lookin for some fanfiction to put yours...
50K 1.2K 23
A young human runs out of the ruins desperate to get to safety. She runs into the Skeleton brothers Sans and Papyrus. Before she can know what's happ...
99.2K 2.6K 32
Monsters have returned! (Y/N) is waisting no time to find out more! After running into a hyper skeleton twice you slowly start meeting and growing at...
42.2K 1.6K 43
Life seems normal. Those birds are singing. All the flowers are blooming. The barrier is finally open, and you've realized that monsters are actuall...