IMPERIAL ◼TONY STARK◼

By mikammadi

𝒩𝑜𝓌 𝐼 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓈𝒽𝑒'𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓂𝑒 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝒶𝓈 𝓈𝒽𝑒 𝓇𝓊𝓃𝓈 𝒶𝓌𝒶𝓎 Audelia Mott... More

𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕠𝕟𝕖
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕨𝕠
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕒 𝕙𝕒𝕝𝕗
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕗𝕚𝕧𝕖
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
SIXTY-NINE
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
seventy-four
seventy-five
seventy-six
seventy-seven
seventy-eight
seventy-nine
𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕤𝕚𝕩
eighty
eighty-one
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
eighty-six
eighty-seven
eighty-eight
eighty-nine
ninety
ninety-one
ninety-two
𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕤𝕚𝕩 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕒 𝕙𝕒𝕝𝕗
ninety-three
ninety-four
ninety-five
ninety-six
ninety-seven
ninety-eight
𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟
ninety-nine
one hundred
one hundred one
one hundred two
one hundred three
one hundred four
one hundred five
one hundred six
one hundred seven
one hundred eight
one hundred nine
PART EIGHT
one hundred ten
one hundred eleven
one hundred twelve
one hundred thirteen
one hundred fourteen
one hundred fifteen
one hundred sixteen
one hundred seventeen
one hundred eighteen
one hundred nineteen
one hundred twenty
one hundred twenty-one
one hundred twenty-two
one hundred twenty-three
one hundred twenty-four
one hundred twenty-five
one hundred twenty-six
one hundred twenty-seven

forty-two

6.9K 299 36
By mikammadi

"These were in Phil Coulson's jacket...guess he never did get you to sign them,"

Audelia Motter swallowed the lump in her throat, looking up just in time to see Nick Fury throw the blood stained Captain America training cards onto the table before them. She quickly averted her eyes and wiped her tears.

It was only her, Tony, and Steve sat around the table. Natasha was tending to Agent Barton, while Thor and Dr. Banner were no where to be found. Loki was gone, as well, the scepter along with him.

"We're dead in the air. Our communications, location of the cube, Banner, Thor...I got nothing for you. Lost my one good eye...maybe I had that coming,"

Tony Stark reached his hand over, taking Audelia's hand in his own as she squeezed onto him for dear life. Steve and Tony watched as Director Fury walked around the table, but Audelia never took her eyes from the trading cards.

"Yes, we were going to build an arsenal using the tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number, though, because I was playing something even riskier. There was an idea, Stark and Motter know of this. It was called the Avengers Initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, to see if they could become something more. To see if they could work together when we needed them to, so they could fight the battles that we never could."

Nick Fury placed his hands on the back of Audelia's chair, staring down at her head.

"Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea...in heroes,"

Audelia ripped her hand from Tony's, throwing her chair back as Fury took a step back. Him, Tony, Steve, and Maria Hill watched as she hastily stalked out of the room, wiping at her under eyes and disappearing down a hallway.

Tony let out a sigh, rising from his own seat and walking toward the other hallway until Steve turned in his chair to speak to him.

"You're not going to go after her? You're just going to leave her like that?"

"Trust me, Cap, what she needs is space," Tony shot back, turning back to the hallway before him.

"No, what she needs is you,"

The comment stopped Tony for just another second before he shook his head, disappearing down the hallway. Steve Rogers' clenched his jaw, shooting up out of his chair and stalking off down the hallway Audelia had disappeared down.

It was an empty hallway, all of the SHIELD agents currently working on repairs and trying to track down Loki and the tesseract once again. Steve was on a mission, though, as he turned into one of the empty bedrooms.

Audelia set on the bed, toying with her fingers as she stared down at the ground. The soldier could hear the little sniffles leaving the woman.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay,"

Deli looked up at Steve, managing a small smile through her tears.

"Thanks...I'm okay. At least, as okay as one can be at the moment,"

"Is this the first time you've lost someone?"

A short laugh left the woman's lips as she shook her head, patting the spot beside her. Steve complied, placing himself down beside the woman as she looked up to him with the smallest of smiles.

"You don't have to play coy, Steve. I'm sure Director Fury gave you all of our files, I'm sure you know all about my mother..."

"I do, just didn't feel appropriate to bring up,"

Deli let another small laugh escape her lips as she wiped another tear from under her eye.

"He was so proud of those trading cards," she told Steve, the pair sharing a little smile. "Always wanted to show them to me since we were both such big Captain America fans. He never got the chance to. Phil was a good man, he didn't deserve this."

"It's always the ones who don't deserve it," Steve told her, looking down to his feet. "I knew that the second I lost Bucky. But they both had jobs to do, and they both knew what the had to do. Phil died a hero, we can't waste his life."

"I know,"

Steve took the chance to watch her for just a moment, trying to formulate what he wanted to say next.

"What I said, in the lab...I'm sorry, I didn't mean any of it,"

"Neither did I. You don't have to apologize, Steve," she told him, sending him a comforting smile as she rose to her feet. "Loki was toying with all of us. It just got out of hand. Come on, we should probably find Tony. We've still got an angry god on the loose."

Audelia knew exactly where Tony was going to be as she led Steve into the chamber that used to house Loki, the area where Phil Coulson had died. There Tony was, staring down at the hatch below. Steve stayed back, leaning against the railing as Audelia slowly walked toward her best friend.

"Was he married?" Steve questioned from across the room as Audelia finally made it to her best friend's side, placing her hand in his own. Tony shook his head.

"No, there was a cellist...I think,"

"I'm sorry, he seemed like a good man-"

"He was an idiot,"

"Tony," Deli cut in, shooting him a warning look as he shook his hand out of her's, walking toward Steve who was walking in the same direction.

"Why? For believing?"

"For taking on Loki alone. He was out of his league, he should've waited," Tony shot back as Audelia quickly followed behind him.

"Sometimes there isn't a way out, Tony," Tony walked straight past Steve and Audelia came to a stop beside the soldier, knowing her best friend was just grieving in his own way. "Is this the first time you've lost a soldier?"

"We are not soldiers," Tony sneered, turning around to glare as Steve. Audelia took a step forward, placing her hand overtop of his arc reactor as he looked down, calming slightly before turning to face Steve again. "I'm not marching to Fury's fife."

"Tony, none of us are," Deli told him, keeping her voice soft. "Nick has the same blood on his hands that Loki does, but right now we need to put that all behind us and get the job done. We have to find Loki, the scepter, the tesseract...we have to stop this before it gets out of hand."

"She's right, you know," Steve interjected, gaining a scoff from Tony.

"Yeah, she always is," Tony looked away for a moment until his head shot back to the pair before him, something clicking in his head. "Loki made it personal."

"Tony, that's not the point-"

"Steve, what if it is?" Audelia told the soldier, the gears turning in her head as well as she looked back at Tony. "He hit us all right where we live."

"But why?"

"To tear us apart," Steve suggested as Tony shook his head.

"Yeah, divide and conquer is great, but he knows he has to take us all out to win," Audelia took a step back as Tony continued to look between the pair.

"If he's shown anything over his time with us, it's that he's dramatic," Audelia added on. "He doesn't just want to beat us, he wants to be seen doing it. He wants an audience."

"Yeah, I caught his act in Stuttgart," Steve said to the woman as they turned to Tony, who was now pacing around as snapping his fingers.

"Yeah, but that was previously. This is opening night and Loki is a full tailed diva. He was flowers, he wants parades, he wants a monument built to the skies with his name plastered on..."

"Stark Tower," Audelia said, her wide eyes locking with Tony's as they both realized the plan at the same time, Steve's eyes widening as well. 

It only took the trio another second before they were rushing out the door.

◼ ◼ ◼

OH HERE WE GO BABY!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.8K 618 25
"The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people to see if they could become something more. To see if they could work together when we n...
25.2K 671 56
"I AM IRONMAN" "You can take away my suits, you can take away my home, but there's one thing you can never take away from me: I AM IRON MAN." " I sh...
398K 14.6K 40
Cassidy Martin didn't ask for any of this, and she doesn't want it. Her powers came to her by an accident, a fluke, and now they're threatening to r...
21K 368 11
CJ first met Tony Stark when she was only 12, after breaking into his lab and stealing many of his weapons. A year later, after trying and failing to...