Some People Hope (Frank Iero...

By haleyukulele

In this prequel to Carry On This Way (A Gerard Way Fanfiction) , fourteen year old Ally Shores is in her firs... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46 ~ Epilogue

Chapter 40

237 14 11
By haleyukulele

Snow, cinnamon, spices, baked goods, interesting sweaters, gift shopping, chimney smoke, mistletoe, family and of course Jesus Christ. 

In case that wasn't clear enough, it's Christmas season! 

I made my way down the stairs, the fire was going and Kenny was walking around in his bunny slippers. baby Crystal was eating with mom and dad. I had black jeggins and a sweater with green, red, white and snowflakes on it that went a little below my hips, and the sleeves were a bit long too. 

I grabbed a piece of toast and stuffed it in my face. I sat down at the table, continuing to stuff it in my face. I heard a honk outside and lifted my head from my food, a closed mouth, excited smile spread across my face. 

"See ya later!" I said, taking off. 

My mom gave a light laugh. "Bye, honey." She said. 

I stepped outside, into the cold snow. The air smelled like smoke from the chimneys, the good kid of smell though. The air was also cold and snowflakes fell on me and everywhere.  

There was a dark green car waiting for me outside with Frankie leaning up against it, swinging his keys on his finger. I bit my smile and giggled a little. Frank looked over at me with a smirk. 

I walked up to him, he kissed me on the forehead and opened the door for me. I got in the passenger seat. He ran around the front and got into the drivers seat. Yup, he finally got his licence, and could finally drive around with a passenger, or passengers, other than his mother. 

"Oh my God." I said. "This is awesome, Frank!" 

"I know right?" He replied, rubbing the wheel. "It's so cool." 

"So, where are we going?" I asked, the heater felt nice on my frozen hands. 

"I don't know." He said, shrugging his shoulders. 

I looked down at what he was wearing, he had a cute sweater on. "That's a good look for you." I gestured to his sweater. 

"Oh yeah, I know." He replied. "Yours is nice too." 

"Now are we going to drive at some point?" 

"Okay, sweetheart, where do you think we should go." He said. 

"Sweetheart?" I asked. 

"Well, w-just-shh!" 

I gave a light laugh. "Maybe we could go for coffee or a drive?"  

"How about both?" 

I nodded. "Alright then, sweetheart, let's get going then..... Before my dad comes out here with a belt and beats you." 

"What did I do?" He asked, loosening his grip in the wheel. 

"We've been sitting here for like five minutes." I explained. "He's going to think we're making-out or something." 

"Pft, right." He said sarcastically. "Allons-y!" 

"What?" 

"I said Allons-y." He replied, pulling away from the curb. "It's french for 'let's go'. Come one, french is the language of love." 

"Okay." I said, shrugging. 

We were on the open road, and it was amazing. Luckily the road had been shoveled and sanded to we were able to drive on it. He turned on some music and we sang along to Green Day.  

**** 

We pulled up to the coffee shop and he removed the key from the hole and got out. He ran around the front of the car to get my door, which resulted in me hitting him. 

"Oops, sorry Frank." I said. 

"Owy." He whined. I pecked him on the lips. "All better." 

I gave a laugh. He held the door open for me as we went inside. It was nice and warm in there. "Merry Christmas." The man at the counter greeted us with. 

"Merry Christmas." We replied collectively. 

"Can I get a latte and a hot chocolate?" Frank asked. 

"Sure thing." The man replied. "Would you like any whipped cream in the hot chocolate?" 

"Sure." I replied. 

He grabbed a few things and started running the machine. It was loud. I put my hands over my ears until it stopped. 

"Here you go, enjoy!" The man said, handing the drinks to us. 

"Thanks." We replied. 

We sat down and enjoyed the hot drinks. "What do you want for Christmas, Ally?" He asked as I took a sip. 

"Um, I actually don't know." I replied. "What do you want?" 

He swallowed his drink, and tapped on the table. "Oh! I know!" He explained. "A puppy!" I laughed a bit. "Okay, I actually probably just want like, a tee shirt or something." 

"Okay, so who's house are we doing things at?" I asked. 

"I think my mom and dad could just come over to your house this year." He answered with, gulping down the rest of his coffee. 

"Sounds good."   

I finished my hot chocolate, I love that stuff, and tossed the cup in a bin, Frank did the same. He grabbed my hand and I let him drag me out to the car. 

"Come on, Ally!" He said. "Pick up your feet!" 

"Make me." I said. He stopped then and there and then turned around. I tried to hold back a smile. 

"What did you say?" He asked, taking a few steps until he was right in front of me. I started giggling. "What did you say?" 

"I said, make me." I replied with a chuckle. 

He wrapped his arms around my waist, making my back tingle a bit. "Make you?" 

I nodded, curling my lips in, trying not too laugh. 

"Okay." He kissed me on the cheek and then picked me up bridal style. 

"Oh my God, Frank!" I laughed. 

"You said to make you pick up your feet." 

"Okay okay." I said. "Put me down." 

He did and went to the drivers side to get in. I ducked in and he revved up the engine. 

******* 

We parked the car and got out. We decided to go hang out at the pond. We walked down Melody trail and to our favorite spot. Of course there was some snow on the ground though. He grabbed my hand. We sat down and drew in the snow. 

"What's that supposed to be?" I laughed. 

"It's a stick person!" He said, his voice cracking like a little kid. "What the hell does it look like to you, Ally?!" 

"Like a, it looks like a monkey!" 

His jaw dropped as he playfully shoved me. He looked back down at it and stared at it for a moment. "Dammit, it does look like a monkey." 

I burst into laughter. "Shut up! No one asked you!" He added. 

"Yes! You did!" I protested. 

"What?!" 

"Yeah! You asked me what I thought it looked like, Mr. Iero!" 

"Wha-oh whatever." 

I calmed down from laughing, and took a deep breath of the cold air. The leaves and branches were covered in white snow, as well as the ground. 

"I like the snow." I sighed happily. "It's pretty." 

"Yup." He replied, leaning back on his hands. "Kinda like someone I know." He smirked, making me blush a bit. 

"Yeah." I chuckled sarcastically. "Right." 

"What do you mean?" He asked. 

"Yeah, just, not really." 

"Ally, what are you talking about?" 

"I just don't think so, Frank." I explained. "I don't think I'm pretty. It's not me being sorry for myself, I just  really don't think that I'm pretty."  My gaze lowered to my lap and I played with a loose string on my sweater. 

He sat up right. "No." He firmly said, crossing his legs, leaning forward a bit, and making various hand movements, putting emphasis on what he was saying. "You are beautiful, and you can think whatever you want but that's the truth. And I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks. You're beautiful to me and that's all that matters, okay? I don't care what anyone else says. Don't ever say that again, because it's not true and I don't like it when people lie to me. So stop it."   

"I don't know who the hell ever told you that, but it's a lie, okay? It's an effing lie." 

"Frank, a-are you mad at me?" I asked, gesturing to the fact that he raised his voice.  

His expression dropped as he realized that he was getting upset with me. "N-no." He said in a weaker voice. "No, I'm not. I-I'm sorry." He wrapped my arms around me. "I just got all worked up. I'm not mad at you. I don't know if I really could. Who told you that though?" 

I sighed. "A lot of girls at school, during middle school, would tell me that I was weird and looked like a freak." I replied. 

"Ally, why didn't you tell me?" He asked. 

"Because they made fun of me about you too." 

"What do you mean?" 

"They teased me about running off and telling Frankie." 

~Flash back~ 

"Hey, Shores." One of the girls said. "Guess what? I'm going to a movie with that really cute new guy. He told me that I was pretty, how about you? Any guys told you that?" 

"Yeah." I replied. "Frank....." 

"Oh, yeah. Him." She laughed. "I don't think he counts. Because he obviously doesn't have any taste." 

My face started turning red and tears flooded my eyes. "What?" She continued. "You going to go tell Frankie?!" She laughed and walked off. "Pathetic." 

I ran into the bathroom and  locked myself in a stall, bringing my legs up to my chest. I sat there and just cried for who knows how long. When I got out, I looked into the mirror. I truly believed them. 

~End flash back~ 

"Well they're full of shit." He added. He pulled away and my gaze fell to the ground. "Hey." He said, lifting my chin up. I met his deep hazel eye's gaze. They shimmered as he stared into my blue eyes. He glanced between my lips and eyes, slowly moving closer to me before his lips met mine. Our mouths moved in sync, and it was gentle. He pulled me a bit closer to him. I felt the cold metal of his lip ring. 

We pulled away, he smiled at me as snowflakes fell on us, sticking to our clothing and eyelashes. One fell on his nose, I held his face on my hands and kissed it. We both giggled a bit. We put our foreheads against eachother's, he held his hand out almost flat against my hands out and off to the side intertwining our fingers. 

"I love you." I said, biting my smile. 

"I love you too." He replied. 

__________________ 

Vote/comment please! 

So! I'm going to be a killjoy for Halloween, how about you? 

The killjoy I'm being it my own called Carry Bomb and I have my own things to wear, and I'm adding a little from each Killjoy too! :D 

So anyway thank you fr the venom....... I mean thank you for reading! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.3M 785K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ❦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...
849K 35.3K 75
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
89.7M 2.8M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
226M 6.9M 92
Officially now a series! Watch it for free on MediaCorp's Youtube Channel- MediaCorp Drama. ...