Chapter 40

Snow, cinnamon, spices, baked goods, interesting sweaters, gift shopping, chimney smoke, mistletoe, family and of course Jesus Christ. 

In case that wasn't clear enough, it's Christmas season! 

I made my way down the stairs, the fire was going and Kenny was walking around in his bunny slippers. baby Crystal was eating with mom and dad. I had black jeggins and a sweater with green, red, white and snowflakes on it that went a little below my hips, and the sleeves were a bit long too. 

I grabbed a piece of toast and stuffed it in my face. I sat down at the table, continuing to stuff it in my face. I heard a honk outside and lifted my head from my food, a closed mouth, excited smile spread across my face. 

"See ya later!" I said, taking off. 

My mom gave a light laugh. "Bye, honey." She said. 

I stepped outside, into the cold snow. The air smelled like smoke from the chimneys, the good kid of smell though. The air was also cold and snowflakes fell on me and everywhere.  

There was a dark green car waiting for me outside with Frankie leaning up against it, swinging his keys on his finger. I bit my smile and giggled a little. Frank looked over at me with a smirk. 

I walked up to him, he kissed me on the forehead and opened the door for me. I got in the passenger seat. He ran around the front and got into the drivers seat. Yup, he finally got his licence, and could finally drive around with a passenger, or passengers, other than his mother. 

"Oh my God." I said. "This is awesome, Frank!" 

"I know right?" He replied, rubbing the wheel. "It's so cool." 

"So, where are we going?" I asked, the heater felt nice on my frozen hands. 

"I don't know." He said, shrugging his shoulders. 

I looked down at what he was wearing, he had a cute sweater on. "That's a good look for you." I gestured to his sweater. 

"Oh yeah, I know." He replied. "Yours is nice too." 

"Now are we going to drive at some point?" 

"Okay, sweetheart, where do you think we should go." He said. 

"Sweetheart?" I asked. 

"Well, w-just-shh!" 

I gave a light laugh. "Maybe we could go for coffee or a drive?"  

"How about both?" 

I nodded. "Alright then, sweetheart, let's get going then..... Before my dad comes out here with a belt and beats you." 

"What did I do?" He asked, loosening his grip in the wheel. 

"We've been sitting here for like five minutes." I explained. "He's going to think we're making-out or something." 

"Pft, right." He said sarcastically. "Allons-y!" 

"What?" 

"I said Allons-y." He replied, pulling away from the curb. "It's french for 'let's go'. Come one, french is the language of love." 

"Okay." I said, shrugging. 

We were on the open road, and it was amazing. Luckily the road had been shoveled and sanded to we were able to drive on it. He turned on some music and we sang along to Green Day.  

**** 

We pulled up to the coffee shop and he removed the key from the hole and got out. He ran around the front of the car to get my door, which resulted in me hitting him.