Chapter 7

“Finally!” I cheered as Frank and I walked down the sidewalk to school… And yes, we were holding hands. “The last week of school of the year!” 

“I know, I’m just glad to get out of there at last!” He replied, swinging his arm back and forth, making mine as well.

We came up to the school. Some kids were on the stairs, but not many. Mason was out there, kissing on his girlfriend. Gross.

“So, have anything planned for later?” Frank asked as we got what we needed for class out of our lockers.

“Nope.” I replied. “Do you?”

“Yeah, I was hoping we could do something.” He said, running his hands through his mid-length back hair. “Amelia pond? Then we could go where we usually go, Melody trail?”

“You know it.” I smirked.

The bell rang and we made our way to class…. Behind everyone this time.

“Alright class.” The teacher, Mr. Evens, said as he walked in. “I want each of you to come up, like it was the first day of school, and introduce yourselves." 

The whole class groaned. “How about you go first?” He pointed to Frankie. Probably because we sat in the front of the class.

Frank looked over at me before waking up there. He stuffed his hands in the pockets of his ripped jeans.

“My name is Frank Iero.” He said. “Playing the guitar is what I really like doing and…..” His gaze lifted to the ceiling as he wondered what to say next. “Yeah, music has always been something I love.”

“Thank you Mr. Iero.” Mr. Evens said. “Mason?”

Mason walked up passed everyone. He ran his hands through his scruffy blonde hair. “My mane is Mason Williams. I like sports and my girlfriend Zinnia.” He said with a slight smile as Zinnia did as well.

“Speaking of which. Zinnia, come one up.” Mr. Evens called out.

“Hi everyone.” Zinnia said, brushing dirt off of her to-short grey skirt. “My name is Zinnia Weber. I don’t play sports, but like watching my team play as I cheer on the sidelines.”

Oh, did I forget to say? She’s the freaking cheer captain! Of course.

One by one, the kids went up, until there was just me and some other kid. “Hi.” He said. “My name is Lucas Tyler. I like playing basketball and I kind of draw a bit.”  

“Okay, thank you Lucas, Ally, you’re up.” Mr. Even said.

Frank winked at me as I got up and nervously walked to the front. “Uh, my name is Ally Shores.” I said, my voice trembling slightly. “I like drawing, music like Green Day, chocolate milk and…Uh, yeah, that’s…. That.” I bit my lip.

A few people giggled before and actually, after Mr. Evens had me return to my seat. “Okay then.” He said. “We’ve reintroduce ourselves now. That’s important, to get to know one another because you all are very different. Now, I don’t expect you all to get along, but, for the love of God could you at least be in the same school without killing one another?”

*Ring*

Everyone jumped up and ran out. Frank and I waved to Mr. Evens as we walked out.

*********

I shut my locker after putting my lunch bag away. I wondered around for a bit, I didn’t feel like drawing, but was still really bored. Most kids were still at lunch, thought I didn’t know where Frankie was.