From Cradle to the Grave

By _fallen_____angel__

For 8 year old Jasmine, 18 year old Chris was her superman. There was nothing more than she liked than spendi... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Author's Note
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue
Author's Note
Q/A
New Book
New Covers(and an important Author's Note)
Author's Note

Chapter 24

30.6K 994 87
By _fallen_____angel__

Jasmine's POV

I woke up feeling warm and fuzzy. I snuggled deeper into the arms of my boyfriend who in turn tightened his hold on me and kept sleeping.

My boyfriend.

I smiled like crazy at the realisation. Never in a million years had I thought that my feelings for Chris would be reciprocated. And now here I am, waking up next to him after a wonderful sleep.

However, my good mood came to an abrupt halt when I heard footsteps outside my door, approaching my room slowly. I shot up on the bed and turned towards Chris, shaking him to wake him up.

"Jas! Sweetheart wake up. You've school." My Mom's voice came from outside the door and the knob rattled. I panicked.

"Opened the door Jas. Wake up."

I shook Chris violently. "Wake up Chris! My mother's outside."

Chris fluttered his eyes open and smiled lazily at me.

"Good morning Princess." He spoke in a husky morning voice.

I swear if not for the situation right now, I would've definitely kissed him.

I shook my head to get rid of such ridiculous thoughts and said, "Chris you need to hide! My Mom's outside."

In an instant, his sleep was gone and he sat up on the bed. He jumped from the bed and looked around frantically.

"Jas? Is everything fine sweetheart? Open the door. You're scaring me." My Mom's worried voice echoed from the hallway.

"Coming Mom." I spoke in a groggy voice to let her know I was up. I looked at Chris and he looked like he would shit his pants any moment now.

"What do I do? What do I do?" He whispered frantically.

I got off the bed and shoved him inside my closet.

"Stay here and don't make any noise." I warned him and closed the door softly to not make any noise.

I looked at the bed and realised it definitely looked like two people slept in it. I quickly rearranged the pillows and the blanket and rushed towards the door.

"Jasmine please-" my mother's voice was cut short as I opened the door, a bit breathless.

"Good morning Mom." I panted.

"Good morning. Why did it take so long for you to open the door?" She eyed me suspiciously.

"Oh no nothing. I was just too sleepy and lazy to get off the bed." I said.

She eyed me some more and then said, "Are you sure? Why are you so breathless then?"

I groaned internally. Why is she being so nosy?

"I jumped off the bed and ran to open the door. You see how unfit I am? I got tired and breathless by this." I laughed nervously.

She smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Get ready and come down for breakfast. I'll feed you enough to keep you fit and healthy."

I sighed in relief. "Yeah sure Mom. But you do know I meant the opposite right?" I said.

"Hush! You aren't fat. In fact you need more food inside you." She scolded. I was about to say something but she glared at me. I gulped and decided not to say anything.

She left and I closed the door. I ran and opened my closet door, only to find it empty.

Where the hell did he go?

"Chris?" I called out softly.

Suddenly a large hand covered my mouth and I panicked.

"Hey love." Chris's voice whispered in my ear and I visibly relaxed. I turned around in his arms and smacked his arm.

"Ow! Why are you so violent woman?" Chris whined and rubbed his arm.

I swear it didn't even hurt. Drama queen.

"You don't just creep up from behind me and scare the hell out of me! I was already scared. What if Mom would've found you in bed with me? She would've thought something else." I mumbled the last part.

Chris's eyes lit up and I could almost see the gears turning in his head.

"What would've she thought?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

I knew he only heard that part.

I sighed. "Nothing. Now go before Dad decides to come and call me. I don't want to get caught." I pushed him out of my closet and towards the window.

"Hey hey! Are you trying to push me out of the window and kill me? Geez, I so feel your love." Chris grumbled.

"Oh God Chris! Get home before I smack your ass." I said.

He climbed out of the window and jumped onto the tree trunk, and leapt towards his window. He jumped inside his room and turned to look at me. He smirked.

"I would definitely not complain about your hand smacking my a-" I yelped and shut the window on his face before he could complete the sentence. I could hear his laughter and it warmed my heart, bringing a smile on my face.

I took a quick shower and got dressed. Heading down, I greeted my parents and sat down for breakfast.

"Should I drive you sweetie?" Dad asked. Lately, he has been more around us. I definitely miss him when he's away on his business trips, but I'm not totally used to him being around all the time.

I'm not complaining though. I love that he's home more to spend time with Mom and me. We miss him terribly.

"No it's fine Dad. Violet will pick me up." I said as I gulped my orange juice.

Dad nodded and returned back to his newspaper. I finished breakfast and bidding them goodbye, rushed out of the house.

I stood outside for 5 minutes and Violet still hadn't arrived. I called her to know where the hell was she.

"Hey!" Violet's cheerful voice rang out of the phone.

"Don't 'hey' me. Where the hell are you?" I asked.

"School. Where are you? Don't tell me you're skipping today. I would've skipped with you." She whined.

I smacked my forehead. "Why didn't you come to pick me up dumbass?" I gritted angrily.

"I was supposed to?" Violet's voice questioned with confusion.

I sighed heavily. No use arguing with her. I told her I would reach in few minutes and hung up.

I put my phone in my back pocket and started walking to school. It wasn't that far but the weather was too hot and sticky. I swear by the time I reach school, I would be smelling like unwashed socks.

A sudden car beep made me turn my head sideways. I internally squealed with delight when I found Chris stop his car near me.

"Why the hell are you walking in this weather?" He barked at me. Ignoring him, I ran to the passenger side and jumped inside the car. The cool interior soothed my scorching skin.

"I asked you something." Chris asked darkly, frowning a bit.

"Violet forgot to pick me up. So I started walking to school. Thank God you found me." I smiled at him.

He exhaled deeply and shook his head, smiling fondly. "Take care of yourself Jas. The weather's so hot you can get a heat stroke."

I rolled my eyes at his exaggeration. "Okay Mr Robinson, I'll keep in mind. Now could you please drive so that I reach school on time?" I blinked innocently at him.

He smirked. "Nope. Not before I get something from you."

I narrowed my eyes. "And what's that?"

He leaned forward and touched his forehead to mine. I held my breath in anticipation. My heart was on overdrive.

"A kiss. Give me a kiss." His eyes twinkled.

I shoved him and laughed. Although I would admit my heart was racing frantically at the closeness.

"Whyyy? Come on. Give your man a kiss." He pouted.

I wanted to 'awww' at his pouted look but refrained myself. I leaned forward and kissed his right cheek.

"Hey that's not fair! I want a real kiss." He frowned playfully.

I blushed. "That's all you get today. Now please drive."

He chuckled and started the car. He drove to school and I, like a creep, watched him drive.

"Take a photo love, it lasts." Chris's words brought me out of my reverie and I looked away, embarrassed of getting caught.

He laughed and pinched my cheek.

We reached school and I turned to him.

"Thank you." I smiled.

Chris smiled back at me and pecked my forehead. Looking into my eyes he spoke, "You're welcome. I love you. Take care."

No matter how many times he says the words, I won't ever get tired of them.

"I love you too." I said and got out of the car.

He drove away and I turned towards the gate.

That's when I stopped dead on my tracks, my mind and heart filling with immense dread and fear.

Standing a few feet ahead of me was Bailey Spencer.

Hunter's ex girlfriend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 1.1K 28
This is not a love story... He doesn't believe in love. Or forever. Or soulmates or any of that shit. She believes in love. She just believes it wi...
485 108 13
Bella knows that deep down she needs someone who will love her, cherish her, taking care of her even when she acts tough and independent. Someone who...
6.2K 187 62
Two teenagers fight for their right to just be in love, no matter the consequences. This is their story, two high school sweethearts with a nine mont...
69K 2.9K 24
Living in a small town like Peak, it's rare to find a really good best friend. Liv and Jasmine were lucky to find each other and they have been insep...