Nia: Adulthood

By yngtxc

Nia is now a freshman in college at UCLA. She has moved out of her Mother's house and into an apartment with... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 18

371 24 10
By yngtxc

Saturday, September 12, 2020

6:41 AM

Nia hadn't slept much last night. She kept tossing and turning.

She was trying hard to fall asleep. Even with Roscoe rubbing on her butt, she couldn't sleep a wink so he knew she was going through.

As soon as daylight shown through the curtains Roscoe got up and got ready for the day. Nia was confused as to why he was up so early since he didn't have a class, but she brushed it off thinking he was about to go to the gym.

He came out the bathroom fully dressed and walked over to her side of the bed and sat down.

"Babe?". He shook her lightly.

"I'm up". Nia looked to him.

"Come on get dressed we bout to go over to ya Moms". He put on his shoes as he spoke.

"Now? Babe my mom probably not even up right now".

"Yeah. But when you'on get sleep you turn into anything but my baby girl and I'on need that so les go. Get dressed and come on".

"Ugh ok. But you driving".

She got out of bed and went to take a shower. She brushed her teeth. She quickly put an outfit together and curled her hair.

"Bae come on this not a fashion show".

"Listen I don't bust out the house looking any kind of way. Plus you like it when I look all good and shit".

"True but you best hurry up for I come in there".

"Whatever. I'm ready". Nia giggled.

The rest of the apartment was still asleep so they just left.

Nia was nervous about seeing her Mom. She hoped she was ok.

*
7:29 AM

Before long, they were pulling up to Deedra's house.

Nia felt like her heart was racing.

"Baby it's gon be ok. Let's just go inside and see what's up". Roscoe squeezed her hand.

Nia nodded and got out.

Together, they slowly walked up the path and Nia knocked on the door.

There was silence and then shuffling, then the door swung open.

"Dad?!". Nia frowned.

"Hey baby. How ya been. I haven't seen you  in a while. What are you doing here?". He greeted her.

"Uhn uhn. Where is my mama?". Nia was growing irritated by his presence.

"She's inside. Cooking some breakfast. Your welcome to join if you like". He grinned.

She broke out from under Roscoe and pushed past her Father and went straight to the kitchen.

"Ma?!". Nia planted herself at the entrance of the kitchen with her hand on her hip.

"Hey baby! I been meaning to call you".

"Uhm yeah I haven't heard from you in weeks. What's going on?". Nia motioned to her Father who was out talking to Roscoe in the dining room.

"Chile calm down. That man showed up here this morning asking me to talk and I couldn't slam the door in his face like I wanted to considering he was already half way in. He got here a little before you did".

"Mhm. And you sure your ok?".

"Yes! I just been busy wit some things I got in the works which I guess I'll tell you bout over breakfast if you care to join me".

"Ok. But Roscoe is here too so I guess we gon join you".

Nia walked back to the dining room and sat down next to Roscoe.

"What's the deal?". Roscoe whispered to her.

"I'on know why he here but we bout to find out I guess". Nia looked at her Father.

Deedra walked in with two plates of food and placed them in front of Roscoe.

"Hey son in law. It's good to see you doing good".

"Mama!". Nia's cheeks immediately flushed red.

"Girl everybody and they mama know you and him is meant to be. Might as well embrace em". Deedra disappeared back into the kitchen.

Nia was surprised her father was so quiet this entire time. She wondered what he was up to. What kind of scheme was he trying to hatch.

Her Mom came back with her food and a cup of coffee for her Father.

"I'm sorry. But Dad why are you here? Like why are you actually here? What are you trying to do?". Nia blurted.

Her Father chuckled.

"Always a loose cannon, my daughter. Well since you wanna know so bad, there's been talk around town of ya Mama opening up a salon and I wanted to come and see if it were true for myself". Her Father stroked his thin beard.

"If it's any buisness of yours Devin, which it isn't. I am opening a salon. That's what I wanted to tell you Nia but I guess the cat is out of the bag". Deedra narrowed her eyes at Devin.

"Ohhh Mama you opening a salon. Thats lit boo. I support chu a hundred percent. Shoot if you need it I'll even bring some people down from campus to come and get they hair did". Nia was so happy that her Mom was doing something that she finally wanted to do.

"Well since I've got it all straight. I've come to propose a buisness offer. Since I know the owner of the shop, I took it upon myself to inquire about prices and it's a little steep for your income so I was thinking maybe we go half and go into buisness together". He inclined with a smirk.

"You know the owner?". Deedra questioned.

"Of course I have connections in this town".

"Did you talk to the owner?". Deedra was amused by her ex husband's antics.

"Of course how else would I know about prices". Devin wasn't sure where she was going with this line of questioning.

"Ok. Well did you bring me up?". Deedra stirred her coffee while eyeing him at the same time.

"No. Why?". Devin furrowed his eyebrows together.

"Well baby, had you did your research you would've known that the shop is already paid in full. The deed is in my name, partner". Deedra pulled out her receipts.

Nia starred in awe at how her Mother just read her Father to the Gods.

Roscoe now seen why Nia was the way she was. The apple didn't fall too far from the tree.

"You paid off the shop?! How?!". Devin shot out questions in disbelief.

"Well, since you asked the shop owner bought it for me". Deedra smirked in triumph.

Nia's jaw dropped.

"Mama you got a sugar daddy?!". Nia shrieked in horror.

"No chile! The shop owner is my boyfriend". She revealed.

Nia was beyond shook. How long had this been going on that he went as far as to buy her a salon?

Devin sat in his seat in disbelief.

"He's actually here if you'd like to meet him". Deedra smirked even harder.

As if on cue, a dark skinned man appeared in a crisp suit. He had a salt and pepper beard with a lowcut. He wore Ray Bans glasses. He was clean cut and nice looking.

Nia couldn't even process what the hell was going on right now.

"Wow. You must be Nia! Deedra has told me so much about you". The man came around the table taking Nia's hand in his.

"Uhm nice to meet you uhm?". Nia was still mind blown by him.

"DeAndre Pierce". He introduced himself.

He shook Roscoe's hand and kissed Deedra's cheek.

"Uhm I think we met at the shop? Small world isn't it? Deedra how do you know Devin?". DeAndre asked.

"Actually honey, Devin was just leaving. Isn't that right, Devin?". Deedra eyed him up and down.

Without another word Devin headed for the door.

"Uhm Mama I think we're gonna leave you and DeAndre to eat alone. It was nice meeting you DeAndre. Mama I'mma definitely call you later and you betta answer". Nia stood up with Roscoe in tow.

"Alright baby I'll see you later". Deedra smiled to Nia.

The couple headed for the door and quickly got in the car.

Nia and Roscoe looked at each other and then burst into laughter.

"Yo on me that shit was awkward as fuck". Nia wiped her eyes.

"Man who is you telling. I thought yo Pops was gon flip the table when old dude came out". Roscoe chuckled holding his side.

"Aw damn that shit was like a damn reality TV show". Nia continued to laugh.

They laughed for a good ten minutes and then Roscoe started the car and drove off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2M 81.6K 28
Sophie's parents have shipped her off to a boarding school in Spain that can provide a better education for her. Now, after two years, her grades hav...
6K 296 53
Willow needs to make ends meet and pay for her grandmother's medical bills but her measly income can't help the situation. UCLA's heartthrob, Nathan...
583K 32.6K 48
Only the kids of the rich and elite go to East Chapel Academy. Marcus Garrett comes from a large family of success, his parent are rich, his grandpa...
686K 8.9K 28
***Please Note: This is the sequel to Love Makes the Heart Beat...If you haven't read that story yet, I suggest you read it first as there are some s...