Dance with Me, Chaton

Oleh ChocoluckChipz

Adrien had always been an obedient son, allowing his Father to manipulate him every which way. Once an adult... Lebih Banyak

Miraculouses
Patrol
Babysitting
Lost
Lucky Charm
Bad Luck Charm
Homework
A Helping Hand
Disguises
Vigilante
Tears
Hairstyles
Sick Day
Animal Tendencies
Akuma
Oblivio
Ticking Clock
Identity Reveal
Crushes
Rose
True Love's Kiss
Blindsided
Giving up
Hawkmoth's Defeat
Sacrifice
Comfort
Community Service
Kwami Swap
Inspiration
Waiting on You

Civilian Lives

852 33 8
Oleh ChocoluckChipz

She was smart, this Ladybug of his. Adrien had to give it to her. Tracing the origins of her email had brought him to a public computer at a library half a city away from Gabriel's offices. And a very busy library at that, as it stood in between a few educational institutions and the flow of students who needed to use public computers there never ceased.

His next idea was to infiltrate his father's company and snoop around for any clues. Not that he didn't work there but now Adrien needed to actually mingle with employees instead of showing up for photoshoots and disappearing as soon as those were over. Don't get him wrong, Adrien wasn't an antisocial person. It was the mountain of responsibilities and studies that had kept him away. However, now that his official education was over, he could try to fit in better. Surely, he'd spot his Ladybug soon enough. Such fire and passion as she displayed in her email would be hard to miss.

His mind made up, Adrien called Nathalie, his father's long-time personal assistant and more of a parent to him than Gabriel ever was. A short conversation later she agreed to provide him with an official cover and access everywhere he needed. Adrien couldn't be happier. He was one step closer to his freedom.

However, it was a reply to his email that really made his day. Adrien emailed Ladybug in a hustle, having nothing better to do. He didn't dare to hope she'd reply. Yet, here he was clicking on an email from a Ladybug addressed to him, not his father.

From: ladybug@miraculous.fr

To: chatnoir@miraculous.fr

Subject: RE: Hello stranger

Hey, Chat Noir. Although I cannot approve of anyone bestowing a title of Bad Luck upon themselves, I like your logic with choosing a name. It was rather clever and fun.

I'm also glad you share my sentiment regarding M Agreste's latest fashion choices. Let me assure you that writing that email hadn't come easy to me. I deeply respect M Agreste and his work. He's been my idol since I can remember myself and seeing him suddenly trying to pull this nonsense hurts me too much to stay silent. First, for M Agreste's and Gabriel's reputation. Second, for all of us working here. I'm saddened to learn he ignored my email, especially because I was voicing concerns of the whole team. It's rather disappointing, but, well, at least we tried. All we can do now is to keep our fingers crossed the line won't flop too badly, and we'll still have a job after the show.

Thanks for letting me know.

Ladybug

Adrien started to type. If Ladybug replied once, who is to say she won't reply again, and then who knows, she might let something slip about her civilian identity. Paired with his infiltration of the company, his chances of finding this mysterious Lady Luck was looking more promising with every minute.

From: chatnoir@miraculous.fr

To: ladybug@miraculous.fr

Subject: Lovely to hear from you

Hello again, my lovely Ladybug. I'll be honest, I didn't expect you to write back, but I'm so glad you did. You mentioned my nickname choice. Well, let me assure you it's a fitting title. Most people would say I'm a lucky fellow, but I do not consider my life to be all that fortunate. What others see as fortune, in fact, is a gilded cage with no viable escape routes. And this cat has been yearning for some freedom ever since he remembers himself. However, less about me, it came to my attention you mentioned you were voicing concerns of a group of people. May I assume you and I aren't alone in believing that sequins, neon sneakers, and Mickey Mouse bows aren't a staple of formal wear? Especially when they all go together.

Eagerly awaiting your reply,

Chat Noir

She took longer to respond than he'd like, but nevertheless, an email arrived at the end of the day.

From: ladybug@miraculous.fr

To: chatnoir@miraculous.fr

Subject: RE: Lovely to hear from you

Oh, please! That combination still gives me nightmares. I mean it looks like a five-year-old half-heartedly tried to beautify her CEO father while he was passed out drunk on a coach. The first time I saw those sketches, I was dead sure M Agreste was joking. But then it wasn't April Fool's Day, and he looked serious, so my conviction has changed into a hope, a hope that was squished soon thereafter. I don't know what happened to him, but I cannot see any sane person who wears formal wear to even think about wearing that combination. I doubt M Agreste himself would wear it, and honestly, I feel sorry for the models that would have to put that on. I bet they hated it as much.

As for the opinions of others, yeah, there are many people who are just as confused and flabbergasted as I am. We hoped he'd listen to the email, but I guess it's too late now.

Bug out.

Ladybug

Adrien flopped on his bed with a dopey smile on his face. Ladybug thought about what the models thought, aka him and his coworkers. That felt strangely nice. He wasn't a stranger to wearing whatever nonsense the designers came up with, but no one ever was concerned with his opinion on the matter before. Those who dared to comment were told to suck it up. It was their job. They had to obey mindlessly whatever the designer said. So, Adrien never voiced his thoughts. Knowing that someone was sympathetic to his fate did feel kind of incredible.

From: chatnoir@miraculous.fr

To: ladybug@miraculous.fr

Subject: It's never too late

Honestly? I think a five-year-old would do a better job on her CEO father. ;) Speaking from the experience of a person whose friend had done something similar to her non-CEO but still a formal-suit-wearing father.

Also, funny story but M Agreste was drunk when Audrey Bourgeois challenged him to make the abomination work. And he's too stubborn and proud to back away from a drunken bet. Even if it means sinking his company.

So, this might be a crazy idea, but what do you say if we try convincing him again? Maybe if we combine forces, we'll be more successful.

Chat Noir

From: ladybug@miraculous.fr

To: chatnoir@miraculous.fr

Subject: RE: It's never too late

With all due respect, Chat, it's just a little over a month until the show. Even if we convince him, it's too late to come up with and produce a whole new line. But I appreciate the initiative. It's cute, though naïve.

Ladybug

From: chatnoir@miraculous.fr

To: ladybug@miraculous.fr

Subject: RE: RE: It's never too late

Have you missed the subject of my email, my Lady? It might be hard, but it isn't impossible. What's the worst that can happen? He'll change nothing or he might pull pieces out instead of creating new ones. He might adjust the existing designs. That's plausible, right? We'll never know unless we try, so we should. What do you say? Let's meet for a cup of coffee and come up with a plan.

Chat Noir

From: ladybug@miraculous.fr

To: chatnoir@miraculous.fr

Subject: RE: RE: RE: It's never too late

Nice try, Kitty, but I'm not meeting with anyone. You might be M Agreste himself, or one of his henchmen. Even his antisocial, thinking-that-he's-better-than-anyone-else son. So nice try, but I love my job, and I'm not losing it for wishing to spare the company some major embarrassment.

Ladybug

Adrien pursed his lips and shifted in his bed. She was smart, but he wasn't the antisocial, thinking-that-he's-better-than-anyone-else son of Gabriel she thought he was. He was just too busy to forge friendships at work. Not that he needed to justify himself to anyone, but he had friends; he wasn't antisocial. He had Chloe since forever, and Nino, a guy he'd met in his university. There was also a prospect to befriend Alya, Nino's new girlfriend. Nino promised they'd hang out together as soon as Adrien would get a break from his responsibilities. So there! He wasn't antisocial. Not at all. And he did hate his father's upcoming collection. Given a choice, he'd burn it all with fire. He was nothing like this Ladybug seemed to think of him.

From: chatnoir@miraculous.fr

To: ladybug@miraculous.fr

Subject: RE: RE: RE: RE: It's never too late

You wound me, my Lady. My proposal comes from the sincere heart of the person who loathes those sequins as much as you do and who would hate seeing Gabriel being dragged through the mud after the show.

However, I understand your concern. So, here is my second offer: we'll discuss details over email? Or we can set up a chat room in one of those chat apps for convenience since I suspect you won't be giving me your phone number any time soon. If you ever would want to back out, just delete the app and emails, and I shall never contact you again. Whatever you decide, it was my biggest pleasure to talk with you as much as we did.

Wishing you all the best. Goodnight.

Yours,

Chat Noir

With that, Adrien closed his phone and turned the lights off. Hopefully, she'd reply. Because if she did and they succeeded, he might just kill two birds at the same time: get his freedom and get his father to accept the reality of the horrendous line he'd planned to present in a month. And, even though he understood Ladybug's concerns, Adrien knew better. His father swore he wouldn't fire her. Unfortunately, Adrien couldn't exactly tell her that without revealing his own identity, and seeing her opinion of him, he doubted it was a good idea. In any case, the ball was in her court now, and he had to get his sleep. Tomorrow was a big day: his infiltration would begin.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

12K 162 39
Madison Laden is the 13 year old little sister of Chelsea and Dakota Laden and she has been like a little sister to Alex and Tanner since she was bor...
13.7K 953 31
To Adrien, dance was just a selection of movements. A well rehearsed transition from one gesture to the next; the brush of a hand, the closeness of b...
Half Way Oleh alvares715

Fiksi Penggemar

172K 5.1K 35
Marinette finally confesses her feelings to Adrien. And that leads to a series of events that no one expected. Set after season three. #1 Halfway #1...
1.6M 98.2K 39
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...