Secrecy from the Fans - Luke...

By realisticnotes

Luke Brooks and Rachel O'Connor meet at a local bowling alley one evening with friends. They spend the night... More

Bowling Gutters
Awkward Car Rides
Good Morning Sleeping Beauty
Baby Photos
Eyelash Curler Torture Device
I Think I Like You
Jessie Who?
No Boys Allowed
Sweet Dreams Cutie
Lost
The Bench
Girlfriend
Big Boy
Honest to God
BONUS CHAPTER - Sass in that Ass
Trouble in Paradise
Confessions from Beau
Intrusions
Twitcam
Boom Bitch
I'll be Chris Brown
Boredom
RachelsRoom
SORRY
New Writer
A Familiar Face
The Boyfriend/Girlfriend Tag Part 1
The Boyfriend/Girlfriend Tag Part 2
Halloween
Drama with the Fans
Setting the Records Straight
Getting My Answer
Surprise Video
The Fans Response
The Prefect Date
Change Is Coming
What's Going On?
Moving On
A New Adventure
California Time
Decisions, Decisions
Vidcon Day 1
Vidcon Day 2
Vidcon Day 3
Surprise Visit
A Question to My Readers
Bowling Time
Bowling Time: Luke's P.O.V.
My Final Decision...Maybe?
This Can't Be Happening
Now What?
Hard Decision
Girl Talk
The Meet-Up
Letting You Know
Final Chapter

Rachel and Mia's Chick Flick Club

32.3K 392 53
By realisticnotes

“So has he messaged you back?” Mia asked in a worried tone.

“Yeah he has, like every other day for the last couple of days but just to see how I have been, nothing special,” I said as I scrolled down Luke and my messages absentmindedly.

“You were kind of forward, I guess,” Mia said.

“What is that supposed to mean?” I replied, taking offence to what she had said.

She paused, realizing that what she had said was blunt.  She usually speaks before she thinks which gets her in trouble, “I just mean that he might have wanted to make the moves first or maybe he didn’t see you like that.  I don’t know,”

“I guess so… but if I have ruined it at least I am his friend,” I replied, just trying to think logically.

“That’s true, and I mean how many girls have kissed Luke Brooks and have fallen asleep on him?” She laughed.

“Probably not many,” I laughed, “So The Notebook or Remember Me?” I asked her.

She stroked her chin in thought, “Remember me, I need a good cry.”

   I placed the DVD into the player and went to sit in bed next to her.  She had sprawled her legs out over my bed so I crawled up into a little ball and stroked Bear, my dog, who had curled up next to me.  My room was nice and cool from the air conditioning and my blinds prevented the hot sunrays to come into my room but I could tell it was still hot outside.  Mia had come over earlier this morning as we were supposed to go to the beach with the rest of the girls but they all bailed due to the heat wave.  So we decided to have a movie day with sad romances and chick flicks.  I pulled out my phone and posted a tweet quickly: Sad movie day and chick flicks with @Miaaa3423 chocolate and tissues come at me!

   I heard Mia’s phone buzz in her lap and she smiled at the tweet I posted.

“Retweeted bitch, so I look like I have friends,” She laughed at herself.  I heard my phone buzz from the retweet.

“Hey! Your Mum doesn’t count as a friend!” I said sarcastically.

“Nah but your Mum does,” She winked at me.  My usual message tone sounded and she looked at me surprised, “I wonder who that could be?”

I unlock the screen to see Luke had messaged me.

Luke: Thanks for the invite! x

“Its Luke,” I said, looking up at her nervously.

She gasped, “What does he want? What does he want?”

I laughed at her eagerness, “He wants to know why he wasn’t invited to, I’m guessing, our movie day,”

“Ah… because… I don’t know why… Why wasn’t he invited Rachel, why?” She elbows me in the ribs to encourage me to invite him. I simply laughed at her. I punch in a quick reply.

Rachel: Haha sorry didn’t know you liked chick flicks! :)

As quickly as I had sent that text he had replied. Mia looked at me, as I knew she hated my message tone.

“Okay, okay its going on silent,” I said, quickly turning the ringer volume down so that it was off.

“Good!” She grabbed a piece of chocolate and laid down on the bed with her phone in her hand.

Luke: What!? I’m like in love with them, I don’t want to brag or anything but I can quote pretty much any line in mean girls.

Rachel: Oh really? You have to prove that then!?

Luke: I would if you had invited me!

Rachel: You have to join Rachel and Mia’s chick flick club first though :)

Luke: Only as long as we have a cool handshake ;)

I looked at Mia who was shaking her head at me.

“What?” I asked.

“You should see how much you are smiling! It’s the freaking sad part right now and you’re smiling!”

I started to laugh, “But he’s so cute, he wants to come to Mia and Rachel’s chick flick day,”

She scoffed under her breath, broke another piece of chocolate off and stuffed it into her mouth.

“Hey what are the rules of Mean Girls?” I questioned her.

She knew that movie off by heart, “Wear pink on Wednesdays, you can't wear a tank top two days in a row, and you can only wear your hair in a ponytail once a week… Oh, and we only wear jeans or track pants on Fridays.” She counted them off on her fingers, I smiled and punched it into my text.

Rachel: Um, of course! Just remember the rules or you can’t sit with us.

Luke: I know, I know! Can Beau and Jai be in the club as well? I promise they will wear pink on Wednesdays!

I hear sniffling and look over at Mia who had tears swelling up in her eyes and a big chocolate smear on cheek. Poor diddum’s!

Rachel: As long as they abide by the rule of feminism!

Luke: They won’t go any where near your ex’s! We will be over in 15 minutes, any movies or food you want us to pick up?

I quickly dropped my phone and gasped.  Mia quickly looked to me and I saw her red eyed face.

“They are coming over,” I said quietly.

“Who?” She looked stumped.

“I-I-I” I started to stutter and she grabbed my phone to read it.

“They are coming!?” She paused the movie and jumped off my bed and ran to the bathroom. “How in the fucking world did I get fucking chocolate on my face?” She screamed, I laughed at her.

I sat on my bed not knowing what I had just done.  I think I was in shock.  I could hear Mia rummaging through my entire make up collection in my drawers.

Rachel: Anything Luke, see you soon!

“Why are you so fucking dark Rachel?” I could hear Mia swearing in the bathroom, I figured she was trying to find some foundation that matched her skin tone.  She was really fair and I was quite olive so my make up would not in anyway suit her.  I hopped of the bed and walked into the bathroom to see Mia applying my foundation, which was about a million shades to dark for her.

“You’ll look like a carrot if you keep going,” I warned her.

“I don’t give a fuck!” She cussed, it was a good thing my parents weren’t home.  She swore a lot especially when she was excited or under pressure. I quickly grabbed the make up brush she was using and she glared at me. “Hey give that back!”

“Nope, I’m not going to have you embarrass yourself.  I think my Mums make up would suit you better,” I said and she quickly ran out of the bedroom.  I saw myself in the mirror.

I gasped at my reflection.  I looked absolutely disgusting.  My hair was greasy, I had next to no make up on and I still had my glasses on.  I quickly washed my face and scrubbed it hoping to make my complexion look a bit clearer and put in my contacts.  I applied my usual concealer, foundation and contoured my face with bronzer.  I quickly curled my eyelashes and placed some mascara on not having enough time for eyeliner. I frantically searched for my dry shampoo but remembered that it was in my parent’s bathroom.  I legged it to their bathroom to see Mia was curling her hair.  I laughed and her and grabbed the dry shampoo and sprayed it on my oily roots.  I brushed my hair out and styled it to be parted in the middle.  I quickly straightened the sides and I heard Bear starting to bark and the doorbell ringing.

“Fucking shit balls, fuck Rachel!” Mia said, she still had about one third of her hair left to curl. “Buy me some time!” She said.  I nodded at her, quickly sprayed on some deodorant and ran to the door.  I was just about to open it until I looked down to see what I was wearing. I only had shirt and underwear on.  I cussed out loud.

“Is everything okay?” I heard Luke say, as he must have heard me swear behind the door.

“Uh yes.. just I’m not wearing any pants.  One minute,” I said, running back to my room.  I felt silly for admitting this but smiled when I heard the boys laughing.

“Hurry up then Rach, the ice cream is melting!” Beau yelled.

   I quickly raced to my room and ripped of my big baggy shirt and shove it into the closet.  I placed on some high waisted denim shorts and a white sleeveless lacy button up.  I looked around my room to see that it was reasonably clean.  I quickly put Mia’s snotty tissues in the bin with much disgust and ran for the door.  I picked Bear up and let the boys in.  

   They all sighed with the relief from the heat outside.  I could see Beau had two tubs of ice cream, Jai had five boxes of pizza and had garlic bread on top of the pile and Luke had DVD’s and three bottles of soft drink.  They really had gone all out.  I placed Bear down and he ran around the boys and smells their legs.

“Got enough food?” I said sarcastically as Luke made his way past me.  My knees went weak at the smell of his aftershave.

“Nah, don’t think so,” Jai joked.  I lead them through the house to the kitchen were the placed the food on the kitchen counter.  Beau placed the ice cream in the freezer and Jai opened a box of pizza up, helping himself.

“Hey Rach,” Luke smiled at me, grabbing me by the waist.

“Hey Luke,” I said snuggling into his chest.  He placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.

“You smell good,” I said, I wanted him to know that I was impressed.

“Probably because he used a whole freaking Lynx can before he came in,” Beau interrupted. “Where are your cups Rach?”

I laughed and I could see Luke blush, “On top of the sink,” He grabbed five cups and placed them on the counter.  He filled them up with the soft drink they had brought.

“Where’s Mia?” Beau asked, trying to act casually.

“She’s uh.. just..” I didn’t know how I could buy anymore time for her but at that precise moment Mia walked into kitchen wearing one of my summer dresses and looking really glamorous with her curled hair and winged eyeliner.  Why didn’t I do that I thought to myself.

“There she is,” Beau smiled at her.

“Hi, Boys,” Mia said.  Beau quickly ran up to her and gave her a hug.  Luke and I looked at each other in bewilderment.

“So are we going to watch some movies or what?” Jai asked grabbing the pizza boxes.

“Of course, I think we will go to the lounge room as I don’t think we will all fit on my bed.  Mia could you take Beau and Jai there? And Luke could you help me get a mattress?” I said, wanting to have a bit more alone time with Luke.

Mia nods and Beau grabs the drinks.  They walked off in the direction of the lounge and Luke was standing next to me smiling.

“Why do we need a mattress?” He asked.

“You’ll see,” I winked at him.  To my surprise he grabbed my hand as I led him to my room.  He let go of my hand as he looked around my room, looking at all the photos on my wardrobe door.  I went and stood next to him.

“Who’s that?” He frowned and pointed to a picture of a tall, brunette guy, Tom, and me hugging at a party a few months ago.

I blushed, “Umm…that’s Tom… he and I kind of had a thing but uh yeah nothing happened,” I quickly grabbed the photo and ripped it in half.  I walked over to place it in the bin.  I walked back over.

“Are you okay?” He asked as he pulled me in for a hug.  He was a lot more confident and touchy today.  I’m not complaining though.  I smiled at him and talked into his chest.

“Yes, now that you are here,” I said.  He kissed my head and I smiled, “You like to kiss my head don’t you?”

“Well, its like perfect height and your hair always smells good,” He said.  I laughed at his comment, as only about ten minutes ago it was an oily smelly mess.  I walked over to behind my dresser were a foam mattress was. I pulled it out and he grabbed it.  I smiled and I led him through the house.  He placed the mattress in front of the sofa where Mia and Beau had seated and Jai was seated on the recliner with Bear on his lap.  I smiled to see Bear was being friendly. Luke and I quickly sat down on the mattress.  He placed his arm over my shoulder and I leant into his chest.

“So what are we watching?” I questioned.

“Clueless,” Beau said enthusiastically, eating out of an ice cream tub.  I turned to Luke who was smiling at the choice Beau had picked.  I had seen this movie half a dozen times and I could tell the others were enjoying it so I restrained myself from quoting the movie.

Half way through the movie I whispered into Luke’s ear, “You’ve seen this, hey?” He looked at me and replied with a nod.

“Did you want to go for a swim?” I whispered this to him, quietly and my lips just centimetres from his ear because I really didn’t want any of the others to go swimming with us.

“I don’t have bathers,” He said, looking at down at me disappointedly.

“You can borrow my Dads boardies,” I suggested.

“Umm… okay,” He said as he took my hand.

   We stood up and saw that Beau and Mia were happily lying next to each on the couch.  I looked at Luke and he didn’t look too happy with them.  Beau looked up and asks “Where you two going?”

“Swimming,” Luke said bluntly.  Beau looked puzzled but didn’t think twice about it.  I gave Luke some boardies and let him get changed into them in my bathroom whilst I got changed into my bathers in my room.

“Um, have you finished getting changed?” He said through the bathroom door.

“Almost, okay done,” I said as I slipped into the bikini bottom. 

   He walked into the bathroom with my Dads boardies on.  He looked absolutely ridiculous in them as they were about two sizes too big.  I started to laugh at him.  He quickly grabbed me and chucked me over his shoulder.  I started to laugh and scream really loud.  He ran through the house and stopped in the kitchen. 

   He put me down carefully and he looked gob smacked all of a sudden.  I turned around to see Beau wiping his lips on his wrist and a very red Mia.  I quickly stood behind Luke feeling a bit insecure wearing just a bikini and he grabbed my hand roughly.  I looked at Luke who also was red in the face but not because he was embarrassed but because he was angry.  He looked furious.

   Not knowing what to do I pulled Luke’s hand and he followed me out of the kitchen door and outside into the heat of the pool area.  We both sat on the steps in the pool.  He sat beside me, fuming.  I turned to look at him and he was staring away, deep in thought.  I wasn’t sure what to do to calm him down so I sat there with my hand on his knee.  We sat there for a few moments until he angrily spat out, “I told him not to do that!”

“Do what?” I asked, making small circles on his knee with my index finger.

“Hit on your friend, Mia.  He.. he.. just takes girls for granted.  He has girls for a day or two, gets what he wants then drops them.  I just don’t want him to break Mia’s heart because it’ll.. it’ll,” He looked down and fiddled with my hands.

“It’ll what?” I said, trying to persuade him to continue to talk.

“You won’t want to talk to me because of Beau,” He spat out.  He turned to look at me and I could see how frustrated he was.

“Aw Luke,” I said, patting his shoulder and he looked at his hands again, “I know he is your brother but you two are totally different people.  Mia is a smart girl and I’m sure she won’t do anything too fast.  I’ll tell her to be careful, just don’t worry, okay Lukey?”

“Lukey?” He looked up from his hands at me in bewilderment.

I  blushed, “Sorry, I meant Luke”

“No, call me Lukey it’s cute,” He laughed, seeming to have calmed down a bit.  He dove under water and came back up.  His thick brown hair was stuck to his face and he had a cheeky smile on his lips.  I was about to do the same but remembered that I had my contacts in and I had some make up on.  I got out of the pool and wrapped myself in a towel on the fence and sat down at the table outside.  He noticed I had got out of the pool and he quickly hopped out.  I glanced at his muscles as he walked towards me; he looked insanely good looking right now. He grabbed a towel from the fence and pulled a chair to sit beside me.

“Are you okay, Rach?” He asked worriedly

“Yeah, of course,” I smiled at him.

“Then why are you not swimming?” He took one of my hands absentmindedly as we sat.

“There’s a slight problem,” I laughed, “I can’t really get my face wet because I will look like a panda bear and I have contacts in,”

“What? A panda bear?” He looked at me oddly.

I nodded, “Make up,” I said as I pointed to my eyes.

“Oh,” He laughed, “And contacts…what colour are your real eyes?”

“Brown,” I replied.

“But they are brown now,”

I laughed “I use them to see, silly, not for looks,”

He laughed, “Ah I get it,”

“You can keep swimming if you like, I don’t mind,” I smiled at him.

“Nah, its okay,” He said, smiling at me in reassurance, “I would rather spend time with you outside the pool.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.7K 1.4K 31
Penelope was never into any for of attention because of an incident that happened in her childhood but when charming Luke Brooks comes into her life...
24.8K 901 17
Luke has been keeping his feelings for his twin brother a secret out of fear for what others will think, but one drunken night at the Janoskian house...
2.6K 92 7
Daniel just wants to be with Beau. Daniel wants to be with the one person he truly loves, but does Beau return those feelings?
2.8K 267 35
When your locked up and locked away from the outside world it basically free-for-all. But when you friends you need to watch their back to. What'll h...