Dear Diary

By DressageGeek

Sophia is a lonely girl who had been forced to grow up from a young age. She never met her mother, while she... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Author's note

Chapter 6

1.3K 101 2
By DressageGeek

Sophia jolted awake to the sound of her alarm the following morning and quickly turned off the annoying sound. It took a second for her eyes to focus and she looked down to see a soft yellow-cover book sitting on her lap. She opened it and sighed in relief. 

So, it hadn't been a dream. She didn't even realised that she had fallen asleep while she reading it.

She let a small smile cross her lips. She was finally finding out who her mom was. She always asked her Aunt Tess, but she never gave away anything substantial. Just that 'she was gone too soon' and that sort of thing. Now she was learning that her mom was shy, but not a nerd - for she hated maths with a passion - and even though she was responsible, she did have a 'let loose' side to her.

She looked back at the book and closed it before climbing out of bed. She knew the perfect place to read this after school. 

-

Mr Evans seemed to be a man that was hardly ever in a good mood. The whole class, except Sophia, jumped and a few girls screamed as he slammed a wooden block down on his desk to stop the noise of the rowdy teens.

"Sit!" he commanded and everyone did as they were told.

Mr Evans looked at Luke to see him talking to one of his friends. "Luke, I'm warning you to stop talking unless you wish to move," he growled.

"Sorry, sir," Luke said and looked at his desk. 

Mr Evans turned to the board and began to write about the Second World War. It was quiet until one of Luke's friends whispered something in his ear that made him burst out laughing.

Mr Evans spun on his heel and his eyes zeroed in on Luke. "That's it, Luke! Go and sit next to Sophia this instant!"

Everyone looked at Luke to see him about to protest, but Mr Evans silenced him by pointing to one of two empty seats still left in the classroom. Sophia raised an eyebrow when she saw all the girls turn to glare at her. She didn't get what their problem was. It wasn't like she had volunteered for him to sit next to her.

Luke turned to look at her and quickly quietened down as he collected his things and made his way towards her. Mr Evans kept his eyes trained on Luke as he settled in the seat next to her and Sophia could slightly make out the nice smell of his cologne.

"Now you will stay there the rest of the year," Mr Evans said with a final glare.

As soon as he turned back to the front, Luke angled himself to face Sophia and smiled. "Well, looks like we're desk buddies now," he said in a light-hearted whisper.

"Hmm," Sophia replied and leaned forward over her desk. She held her face in her hand and angled it out of his sight, a body gesture to show that she wasn't interested in chit-chat. 

The rest of the lesson went by without a word.

-

Sophia sighed as she relaxed against the armrest of a bench in the quiet park. The same one she had been seated on yesterday. She had flown through her homework and ice-cream at the café to get here. Her thoughts trailed back to history as she took out her mother's diary.

Luke had once again tried to make conversation after class, but she brushed off every attempt he made. She didn't like acting cold, but she knew it was best not to get attached, especially if he was a jock: they were the last to try and keep a long-distance friendship.

She shook the thoughts aside and found the place she had last read...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, a minute and two snips of a scissors later I was sitting next to Anne near the front of Mr Tuttle's classroom trying to pull my new, short lock of hair into a pair of clips. 

"Okay, now?" I asked and Anne looked over my work.

"Looks good," she said and I sighed in relief.

My face still felt hot from my embarrassment as I thought about that encounter. It would just have to be my luck that something like that would happen to me. 

The door to the classroom opened, breaking me from my thoughts, and everyone looked to see who entered. My eyes widened in horror as the principal came in with the guy who helped me out of the rubbish bin behind him. His bag was slung over one shoulder and his hands stuffed in his pockets, tattooed arm on full display.

"Oh, you must be the new pupil," Mr Tuttle greeted.

Mr Tuttle was a very friendly man with grey hair and a kind smile. He was actually one of my favourite teachers. It's just the subject he taught...

"Yes," Mr Robertson nodded and turned to the class. "This is Cole Knight, and I hope you all make him feel welcomed," he introduced briefly and left the room. 

The students, more specifically the girls, hyped up at the newcomer.

"Welcome Cole, you may take a seat at any open desk," Mr Tuttle said and Cole nodded as he began walking down the isle - the isle that I happened to be seated next to. I felt my heartbeat skyrocket as he neared me. 

We made eye-contact for the briefest moment and I felt my breath hitch. I quickly ducked my head as low as possible, breaking the stare. Only once he had passed and took a seat at the back of the class did I let out a long, slow breath.

I turned to see Anne grinning at me and I felt my face flush a bright red when she moved her eyebrows up and down in quick succession. I tried to give her my most vicious glare, but she just chuckled and took out her books as Mr Tuttle tried to quieten the class to start the lesson.

-

I was starving by the time lunch rolled by and eagerly opened my packed lunch. My group was currently seated in the quad, an area that was designated to the seniors. None of us ever went to the cafeteria as we preferred eating outside in the sun. I was seated next to Anne, as usual, and had Amy on my other side.

The topic of discussion that the group was engaged in was about the hot newcomer. Surprise, surprise. 

"He's in my history class," Betty went on to say. "You should've heard what the girls were all saying about him. My ears were burning by the end of the lesson!" 

Betty - the ever-present drama queen.

"He seems like quite the loner though," Natalie, a close friend of mine since eighth grade, stated as she bit into her sandwich. "He sat at the back of my science class yet there were open desks up front."

"I wonder if he's single?" Emily asked. We were never really close, but we had common friends. One thing I did notice was that she liked the guys. A lot.

"No idea, but he's super cute! It's just those tattoos ..." Tyler trailed off as she slurped her water. "I wonder if anyone's spoken to him yet?"

Anne looked at me and slightly nudged my knee with her own. Natalie, who had eyes like a hawk, immediately caught the subtle gesture. 

"Lizzy ... did you talk to him?"

My face flushed once again as the whole group's attention turned to me. It was a well-known fact that I couldn't talk to a boy to save my life. Well, except for Richard, but we've been friends since forever.

"Sort of ..." I mumbled and looked down at my packet of crisps. Yes, I know I'm not the most healthy of people. It's ironic how I'm best friends with Anne who never eats a drop of anything unhealthy.

"He saved her from a rubbish bin!" Anne piped up and the whole group shouted out in surprise, causing my blush to deepen.

"Spill. Now." Natalie said, her brown eyes boring into my own and I knew that there was no way out of this. If Natalie wanted to find out something, she won't stop until she knows every last detail.

"I sort of tripped and fell into a bin, and couldn't get out so he helped me," I muttered.

"Aw, he's like your Knight in shining armour." 

The group burst out laughing at Natalie's pun, but she never once looked away from me. "And what else?" she pushed.

Natalie loved gossip, but she was safe to tell secrets to as she never spread them, unlike me who forgets that it's a secret and accidentally tells someone. I have the worst of memories.

"That's it. I said thanks and he walked off," I finished.

"Not to mention that they looked at each other in maths today!" Anne decided to add, causing me to scowl at her. 

Natalie squealed in happiness. "You might get a boyfriend this year, Lizzy!"

"Don't be daft," I mumbled. "He's only been here... What? Three hours? That's hardly enough time to know if he's boyfriend material. Besides most of you haven't had boyfriends either!"

"I agree with you Lizzy," Betty added, completely ignoring my last statement. "But Cole definitely isn't your type of boyfriend. You're a little Miss-Goody-Toe-Shoes, church-goer and I hear he's a real bad-boy."

"Yeah, well, anyone can guess that by his tattoos and piercing," Tyler said. 

"No, I mean, I heard he was expelled from his last school for smashing some guy's face that just looked at him wrong. The only reason he's here is because he's Mr Robertson's nephew. No other school would take him. Trust me, that boy is bad news."

The rest of the group voiced their agreement.

I wanted to agree with the rest of the group, but I don't know why I didn't. I just didn't get the same feeling from him that everyone else claimed to feel. Besides, they were just rumours about him ... right?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Bet By Nina

Teen Fiction

821 61 32
"Please don't say it". I beg him to stop, I'm not ready to let go. "I love you, Electra.", he says his pleading eyes burning into my soul. I start cr...
14.3K 95 13
Being raised most of her life at mountain temples Rose is the last thing from a proper princess. Rose is the last thing from a proper royal maid. S...
73 7 15
After an untimely death of a buisness tycoon matt tucker Carina white an aspiring agent in the mystery department is assigned along with other agen...
104 9 25
The mayor's daughter must work together with a badboy yet popular guy in her school on a project. She learns things about that changed her perspectiv...