Secret Shifter

By yogibear03

Kat was special, since she could first shift her markings made her stand out. A Black and White Wolf among a... More

Part 1
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Hello Readers!!
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9-FlashBack
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12- Derek's POV
Part 13- Kat's POV
Part 14
Authors Note
Part 15
Part 16 - Flashback
Part 17
Authors Note
Part 18-Dereks POV
Part 19-Kats POV
Part 20
Part 21- Derek's POV
Part 22-Kat's POV
Part 23- Derek's POV
Part 24-Derek's POV
Part 25- Dereks POV
IMPORTANT- Authors Note
Part 29- Derek's POV
Finale- Kats POV
Dedication
Epilogue

Part 2

6.8K 352 4
By yogibear03

I woke again screaming from a nightmare and ran in the opposite direction so i couldnt be tracked, always staying down wind. My movements were graceful, precise and calculated, I moved too quickly without ever making a sound. You see, all of your senses; smell, hearing, sight etc are heightened as a Werewolf, but I wasn't an ordinary Werewolf.

I easily found my way to where my stuff had been taken the night before and recalled the distinct scent, which seemed to linger much longer than the others. I didn't know why I responded so well to it or why I could pick the distinct smell of musk and cinnamon, but it was all I had to go on.

The wind blew the trees causing them to creak as they swayed in the wind. It was early morning and the forest was beginning to wake, but I could feel the atmospshere growing thick with moisture, a storm was on its way. I needed to track the scent and find my belongings before the storm arrived, i couldnt risk the rain washing away his scent, and the location of my back pack. As i ran through the forest recalling his scent, something inside me stirred.

As i tracked the scent and it became more stronger, it became apparent to me why my anxieties grew. I was excited. I was excited to smell the heavenly scent with a much more thicker quality, i wanted it to cling to the forest around it so i may never be apart from it again. It made me feel safe; and that scared me to death.

The scent lead me to a small shack on the edge of the forest. Every instinct in my body screamed that this was a trap, and I wasn't stupid enough to go rushing in, so instead I situated myself down wind, perched in a tree and prepared myself for a good old fashioned stake out.

All day I hadn't left my spot, i sat waiting patiently for the sun to set and for dusk to wash through the trees, and went it came, the forest claimed the night and i welcomed it. All the while my stomach grew impatient, it had been a good day or two since i had eaten anything. I know what you are thinking,'Why not just hunt?' Well, i may be a shape shifting monster, by it pained me to see another creature in pain.

Another hour had passed and with the constant ach of an empty stomach to remind me, the thought of just breaking down the frail door of the shack seemed like a great idea. I mean, i have been here for the whole day and no one has bothered to come. So with the lingering thought of dinner on my mind, i decided that once the moon was high in the night sky, then i would make my move.

The moon rose higher in the sky and i became more and more frustrated. As much as i wanted to tear down the stupid little shack, plank by plank, i knew i needed to be more careful. I closed my eyes and inhaled the night air. I could smell the distant rain as it approached from the west, clouds slowly consuming the stars, and the creatures of the night skurried below; working quickly before the rain came.

As the moon reached its apex and the clouds begun to consume it, i scaled down from my post, landing softly on the leaves below. It takes certain skill to walk among dry leaves and twigs with minimal sound, but to me it was second nature.

I approached the shack with caution and peered throught a window. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, it looked like an abandoned shack would, dusting and empty, it didnt even have a smell. Before i even thought about putting one foot in there, I planned my entrance and escape. If anything happened in there, i trusted the rotten wood to easily crumble against my strength.

Slowly I opened the door and quickly stood back waiting for a pressure trap, but nothing came. I picked up a rock from beneath me and threw it across the floor, maybe they had a trip trap? But again nothing. What if they just discarded of my things? So i made the brash decision to quickly dash in and grab my bag. But just as i was about to escape, a strong overpowering scent hit me like a brick wall and knocked me out, Wolfsbane.

When I came too I was coughing and spluttering. Wolfsbane; weakens Werewolf abilities, causes nausea, and internal bleeding to Werewolves. Moving slightly i found i had chains around my waist, hands and legs. I struggled to smell or see something but my nose could only smell the Wolfsbane and my vision made everything a blurred mess.

'I think she's awake,' a voice spoke.

My head snapped to the sound of the door opening and closing, 'Well, what do we have here?' His voice was familiar and i could feel the air of authority around him, he was the Beta. I could recall his face, position and voice, but his scent... wasnt the one i followed here.

I could see something white around his mouth, obviously a mask so he wouldn't be affected by the stench that now had me a weak mess. Something glistened in his hand as he made his way toward me. A growl escaped me and he laughed menacingly.

'Dont worry Pup, you won't be conscious for long,' his voice taunted before the glistening weapon plunged toward me causeing a searing burn through my legs, and again in my chest before blackness claimed me.

I woke struggling to breath, my chest ached from not getting clean untainted air for hours, and once I was able to pry my eyes open and feel again, my wounds stung and my jeans and shirt were sticky with a deep red that only meant one thing, blood. My blood.

'Hello again Pup, surprised to see me again?' His voice toyed with me as he asked, 'Are you ready to tell me?'

Confused i kept my mouth shut until I slowly started to remember. He had asked me this before, over and over again within the last couple of hours. Each time I came too, he would ask why I had trespassed, where i was from and if i was alone.

To be honest I hadn't actually spoken to another Werewolf, let alone a human for many years, and for a good reason, recognition. If i didnt speak, people didnt notice me, and i could go on living a shadow of my past existence.

I stayed silent and smirked at him as if to say, 'Yeah right.' Thinking back on my reaction It probably wasn't the best thing to do, for in the next moment his weapon connected with my cheek, slicing it open and causing a warm liquid to fall down my face.

I winced and it seemed to make him angrier. 'F*cking tell me!' He growled, 'Otherwise the Alpha is going to be called and then that's the last you will ever see of my pretty face.' I smirked again thinking, 'Hopefully,' and spat at his feet before his weapon connected with the other side of my face and allowing darkness to claim me once more.

I woke to the crashing sound of thunder and knew now that the storm must be upon us. Once the dizziness of sleep and pain slowly dulled to a throb, i realised that the intoxicating smell of Wolfsbane had disappeared. For most Werewolves, the healing process would have started to kick in the moment the Wolfsbane dissipated, but not me... I knew because of what i am, the healing would take twice as long as a regular Werewolf.

'Peter, he's almost here,' the other pack member spoke to the Beta/Peter.

'Good, the Wolfsbane is all gone and she is as good as dead,' he sounded exhausted which made me angry. He wasn't the one who hadn't eaten for close to three days, been stabbed over and over and had practically had her lungs searing with a deadly poison!

I seriously had no idea why I was still even on this earth, why did I need to be tested again and again? I couldn't grip on what was happening anymore and my vision started to blur again, my body at its wits end.

I heard a commotion outside the Beta, the other pack member and a third man waltzed back inside to see my bloodied and broken body. My vision was cloded with a haze that was hard to see through but i managed to assess the third man. He wore denim shorts that hung low on his waist as he ran his hand through his hair, displacing droplets, he was tall with olive skin, and he smelled amazing! Was this the same scent that lead me here?

It was then I realised it was his scent that had driven me crazy. I felt that i was slipping fast, I wanted to see him clearly before darkness claimed me, probably for good, and so I started to stir. This made him look to me and then his body went rigid.

Peter made his way over, 'You managed to stay awake to see the Alpha, now are you ready to tell us?'

But I couldn't be bothered with his arrogant ass, I just tried to clear my vision to see the man who belonged to the heavenly scent.

'Answer me!' Peter yelled murderously and swung, what I now knew as a fire poker, and slashed my cheek again.

I growled in response but my vision started to go black. Everything happened so fast and just before I blacked out, I seen the Alpha grab Peter by the shoulders and pushed him against the side of the shack.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

522 3 36
" The Rogues Series"-Book I ❤️ Helena wants nothing but to find her mate at the age of twenty two and when she did,It shocked the hell out of her. Sh...
13.4K 912 111
When I locked my gaze with hers, everything became clearer. While my wolf screamed 'Mate' in my head with joy and excitement. I whispered with despai...
76.2K 2.6K 15
There are different sides of the stories. Reasons why decisions have been made. Reasons that even though will hurt someone has to be done. If only yo...
10.1K 371 31
First book in the Hybrid mate series...... His name Joshsan Morgan... Future Alpha of the blood scent pack... He loves running.. And being around peo...