The Potioneer | Fred Weasley

By BELLATTA

Leahanna Rose was a muggle-born witch who happened to be so bright, nobody could catch up. She was ahead of h... More

Prologue
Chapter One|The Fearless Four
Chapter Two|Potions on Crack
Chapter Three|Astonishment
Chapter Four|Snape's Mood
Chapter Five|A Better Family
Chapter Six|Messy
Chapter Seven|An Overdue Letter
Chapter Eight|Hogsmeade
Chapter Nine|A List of Problems
Chapter Ten|The First Match
Chapter Eleven|Breakdown
Chapter Twelve|Reparo
Chapter Fourteen|Admitting It
Chapter Fifteen|Dementor
Chapter Sixteen|Prank Gone Wrong
Chapter Seventeen|Holidays
Chapter Eighteen|Dancing In The Forest
Chapter Nineteen|Storytime
Chapter Twenty|Titles
Twenty-One|Another Weasley
Chapter Twenty-Two|Happy Christmas
a short, but necessary statement.
Chapter Twenty-Three|The Little Things
Chapter Twenty-Four | The Clues Begin

Chapter Thirteen|The Marauders Map

5K 197 66
By BELLATTA

"Admit it."

"No."

"Admit that you fancy Fred Weasley."

"No."

"Admit it!"

"I've got nothing to admit, Marisol!"

Leah groaned and continued walking down the stairs and out into the common room.

"Then explain why you were talking for two hours last night!" Marisol said slightly less calm than before.

Leah stopped in her tracks and turned around to face her friend.

"We were talking for two hours last night?" 

Marisol nodded. "I heard when you came in because I was walking down to look for you. When I heard you come in I went back upstairs. It had been two hours before you actually came to the dormitory."

Marisol watched as Leah looked down with a smile. The girl looked back up, her face clear of any kind of happiness.

"It felt like half an hour." Leah responded. Marisol shrugged.

"Well, it wasn't. Not that it's a bad thing or anything."

Leah sighed and turned around.

"Let's get going, I'm starving."

"Freddie, are you sure this is a good idea?" asked George. He was unsure and didn't know if Fred's idea was a good idea.

Lee walked into the boys' dormitory, not hearing George's question.

"Yes, George, I'm going to show it to her!"

Lee stopped in his track and looked at the twins. He gave them a look as if he was asking 'Did I hear that correctly?'

"You're going to show Leah your-"

"No!" The twins said in unison. George shuddered and Fred sat down.

"I'm going to show Leah the Marauders Map. I think she'd like it." Fred leaned back a bit and smiled.

Lee looked at George and shook his head. They agreed with each other that this was a bad idea.

"Fred, she might tell McGonagall about it. We might get in really big trouble." Lee frustratedly said.

Fred just shook his head and stood back on his feet.

"I understand that you're both worried, but I trust her completely. Leah is intelligent and is smarter than to report it."

George looked at Lee and shook his head disapprovingly.

"Fred, you're just saying that because you fancy her." said Lee.

Fred groaned and looked at the two.

"I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't fancy Leah."

He lied. Fred lied.

Of course, Fred was going to tell George, but he couldn't at the present time. Fred wanted to show her the map and was to tell George after that.

They just looked at him. They simply continued staring at him after his last sentence.

"I'm going to show Leah the map later."

Leah walked with her group of friends down the corridors. They were going to potions, but Leah was going to transfiguration.

"I wish we could see you work, Leah. If you're so great at potions, I bet you're very into it when you brew potions." said George.

Leah shrugged, but Alicia took it a step further.

"Oh, we've seen it. It's like the rest of the world doesn't exist to her. It's just her, the materials, and that book."

Fred and George looked at each other with interest.

"You hear that, Georgie?"

"Sure did, Freddie."

"She's got a book."

"With potions and how to brew them."

The rest of the group looked back and forth as they spoke. Leah shook her head.

"I do have a book, boys, but you don't get it." she said sternly. Fred and George pout for a moment, but then they laughed.

The rest of them smiled and began to head into the classroom. Fred lingered behind to speak with Leah. Before he said anything, she waved to the potions professor. He nodded in response and Leah turned her attention to Fred.

"Hey, can we meet in the common room after dinner? I want to show you something." said Fred

Leah grinned and nodded. "Of course I'll meet you. What is it that you want to show me?" she asked.

Fred shook his head and waved his finger at her. "You'll have to wait and see. Surely you can make it through the day without thinking about it too much."

Leah rolled her eyes and playfully hit his arm. "Tell me, I'm impatient!"

"Hi, Impatient, I'm Fred." he laughed as she frustratedly punched his arm.

"Fine. Tell me later, but don't think I won't try to get it out of you throughout the day." she stepped back from him and began slowly walking backward. "I'm watching you, Freddie." She motioned to him that she was watching him and winked.

Fred watched as she turned around and walked away. He waited for her to turn around, but she didn't. Fred admired that she was so sure of herself.

He had no idea how badly Leah wanted to turn around and look at him one more time.

Leah took in a deep breath and walked through the door of Severus' private study. He looked at her and nodded again.

"Severus, I want to have three lessons a week."

Severus turned to her and just observed her for a moment. She assumed an assertive stance and seemed to make a demand.

"Leah, I happen to be very occupied with other matters. I can do two at the most."

She shook her head.

"If you don't mind me asking, what're you oh so occupied with?" Leah then sniffed the air to determine the potion he was brewing. "Wolfsbane. Why would you brew Wolfsbane?"

Severus sighed and walked away from the potion. He closed the blinds and looked to the girl.

"You must not tell anyone what I'm about to tell you Leahanna." He paused and watched her mod.

"Professor Lupin..."

"-is a werewolf."

Severus stared at the girl who simply set down her bag and sat down on the stool in front of the Wolfsbane. She stirred it carefully.

"I assume you'll be teaching defence against the dark arts. Should I be expecting you in class tomorrow? It is the full moon if I'm not mistaken."

Severus sighed. "Yes, Leah. You'll be seeing me in class tomorrow."

She looked up at him and grinned. "Brilliant, it's been a while since I've had you teaching me in class."

Severus barely grinned at the girl's excitement. He was proud to teach her.

He would make her proud.

"Tell me what it is!"

"I can't do that, Leah."

"Fred, I'm going to literally kill you."

Their friends looked at the fighting pair.

"I'd like to see you try." responded Fred.

Alicia leaned over and whispered to Marisol.

"Well, this is strange."

Leah waited downstairs for Fred to show up. She was growing as impatient as earlier, she just wanted to see Fred already.

He finally came down the stairs and sat down on the couch next to her. Leah didn't see an object anywhere.

"Where is it?" she eagerly asked.

"First, I'm going to need you to promise me something." replied Fred. Leah looked at him confusedly.

"I need you to promise you won't tell anyone about this. Especially not Snape or another teacher." Fred looked at the girl who's eyes got twice as wide. They were just twice as bright to him.

"Well, if this is illegal then we've got a problem, Fred."

He shook his head. "Leah, no. Just promise me you won't tell anyone." He looked straight into her blue eyes, awaiting her answer.

Leah looked into his brown and eyes and nodded. "I promise I won't tell anyone, Fred."

Fred then turned and pulled out a piece of parchment from his pocket.

"It's a bloody packet of parchment." Leah said in an annoyed tone.

"No, it's not. Just wait." Fred took his wand from his robe and opened the parchment. Leah watched as he pressed the wand to the paper.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

Leah watched in amazement as the parchment revealed a beautifully constructed map. She noticed that names were floating about with steps, marking people walking about the castle.

Fred looked over at her as she studied it. Her eyes were purely glued to the map and all the aspects about it. He just looked at her and her face that he liked. Her light brown hair fell around the sides of her face and her blue eyes shined in the light of the fire.

She then looked up at him. Leah grinned when she caught him looking at her. She saw his big brown eyes again and the glimmer in them she had noticed long ago.

However, Fred wasn't ready for the words she said next.

"This map. I think I can make another one."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 3.6K 114
You're a Ravenclaw in your Fourth Year, the same year as George and Fred Weasley. You don't really have any friends since all you do it hang out in t...
207K 4.7K 39
You start your fifth year at Hogwarts. You are a very normal girl...kind of. Also you cannot stand the twins. But when one of the twins fall for you...
408K 9.5K 54
The names Clove Weasley that's right Weasley. I'm the daughter of Molly and Arthur, the younger sister Bill, Charlie, Percy, Fred, and George. Twin t...
324K 6.4K 35
UNFINISHED STORY, ON HIATUS - MARKED AS COMPLETED 25/07/2023. 18+ 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮. 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙭𝙪𝙖𝙡 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙩. 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢 𝘴𝘭𝘰...