The AfterMath

Door BettieBurton

This is the sequel to 'The Masquerade'. Anna has just been injected with something by the Elders while in the... Meer

CHAPTER 1: 8 Months Later
CHAPTER 2: The Aftermath
CHAPTER 3: Who's That?!?
CHAPTER 4: The Moon Goddess
CHAPTER 5: Who Are You?!?
CHAPTER 6: It Will All Be Okay
CHAPTER 7: And Who Are You?
CHAPTER 8: It's More Serious.....
CHAPTER 9: I Kind Of Believe You
CHAPTER 10: Now I Know A Little More
CHAPTER 11: First Day
CHAPTER 12: Tomorrow Is A New Day
CHAPTER 13: This Isn't Fair!!
CHAPTER 14: I'm Here Now
CHAPTER 15: We Have A Problem
Sorry.....
CHAPTER 16: Let's Get This Hag!
CHAPTER 17: Someone Has An Attitude
CHAPTER 18: I Only Trust Anna
CHAPTER 19: I Wasn't Expecting That
CHAPTER 20: We Can Trust Them!
CHAPTER 21: That was AMAAAAZING Baby!!!!!
CHAPTER 22: Out Of Nowhere
CHAPTER 23: When I Get My Hands On Them!
CHAPTER 24: It's Almost Showtime!
CHAPTER 25: Their Luna, My Mate!
A/N
CHAPTER 26: The One Voice
EPILOGUE: 2 Years Later

CHAPTER 27: Nothing Ever Goes As Planned

2.7K 147 53
Door BettieBurton

LANDON

We finally arrived and without anymore waiting or hesitation, we quickly started making our way inside the building and the moment we ran inside, we could hear growling and screams. So we quickly made our way towards the room where the council always holds all their meetings at.

We come to an abrupt stop when we run in and see everyone scrambled and looking terrified while I notice Rivers and Sheira both standing back and watching as the rest are starting to turn, including his men as they quickly inject themselves with their needles and start shifting quicker than the council.

I also looked up at where the head Elder and some of his men sit beside him at and notice there are broken wood pieces from the panel and furniture along with a few dead and clawed bodies.

Where the hell was my mate? Where was Anna?

I could hear two wolves growling and fighting each other not too far from here and look over and notice the hole in the wall  or should I say holes as I noticed a few of them and I turn to look at everyone and mind link them all.

"I'm going after Anna right now! All of you help protect the council. Kill all of Rivers men if you have to but make sure you save Sheira and Rivers for me."  I tell them.

I next rip off my clothes and shift into my werewolf and start making my way through the holes in the walls quickly. Sprinting past the broken things in each room I pass through. Then I finally get to the fourth room and that is where I see two werewolves go at it.

I immediately recognized that the one wolf was the head Elder and the other one, I though it was Anna but, when I got a glimpse of her face, the eyes were black, her fur was wet from blood and she didn't look like herself. Is this how Isla is?

"Our mate." Isla mind links me.

"What is happening Isla?!" I ask.

"This isn't me or Ann! Rivers and Sheira had injected her with something that caused me to go into a deep sleep and I fought the whole time and just moments ago, woke up and she was fighting the head elder. Rivers and Sheira can control her thoughts and make her do things ro others." She starts to explain.

"I know." I reply.

"Help us please. We are not the enemies or monsters!" Isla pleads to me.

"Anna!" I snap towards her and I notice after she had just kicked the head elder off and made him hit the desk in there and break it. The impact was hard though as you heard him yelp in pain.

I look into Anna's wolf's eyes and slowly try to take a few steps towards her but she lowly starts to growl as she shows her canines that are now dripping with some blood and looks as though she wants to kill me.

"Anna. This isn't you. Rivers and Sheira are trying to control you and turn you into a monster. Baby don't let them. Fight it. Please. This won't end well." I start to beg her.

She snarls at me and then I start noticing her face begin to soften and her eyes start to lift up and stands straight up but in a less threatening demeanor.

I start to next walk towards her when out of nowhere, I am stopped by a sharp pain come from behind me as I feel sharp nails, claw at my back real fast. Making me howl in pain and growl a little.

I next hear another growl, Anna's wolf's and  then I see her sprinting towards Rivers' wolf and right as she's about to start fighting him, she gets yanked off and thrown harshly up against the wall, pinned to it. The only thong was nobody was physically doing that to her.

From out the corner of my eye, I see Sheira standing in the doorway, looking right at Anna with her hand extended in front of her, focused as she uses her powers in holding Anna up there.

I try to go after her but am knocked face forward hard onto the ground and when quickly turning onto my back, I see Rivers' werewolf jump high in the air and right as he's about to land onto me with his claws ready to attack me, I quickly get up and move out of the way causing him to land on his back legs hard with both his hands landing hard and going through the wooden flooring.

He snaps his head towards me and gets back up and we start moving in a circle while staring at each other and growling a little.

"Nobody can stop any of this. Not that pathetic Moon Goddess or Sheira's sister. Even that fucking hideous bitch will be made an example of and die in agonizing pain by my hands." River's mind links me.

"It's over. You and your pack can either live and be condemned for eternity, or you can die right now. Either way, you'll never get a chance to succeed in your plan." I warn him.

We stop for a brief moment and then he makes the first move and leaps at me with his claws drawn as I leap towards him at the same time also and we start fighting each other.

Punches are thrown but mostly our claes and canines do the most damage. This isn't like some typical rivalry fight we are doing right now, this is more of a fight to the death for Rivers will never stop. It's in his blood. Even when he was just a human, he always had this rage. Then when he became a werewolf, his wolf enhanced it.

That's what his father tried to cure with him.......'hatred' and 'rage' that many feel and act upon as they seek pleasure, just as Rivers does when inflicting pain and suffering on others.

It felt like we were fighting at each other for hours but after a while of us both damaging each other's bodies severely, my wolf and I felt more tired and weak than ever before.

When looking over my body at the damages he has done, I had noticed so much blood. Some was his but most was mine.

Then as I hear the growling again come from him and look ahead at him while struggling to get up from him just a short moment ago, throwing me hard against the wall as I hold the side I felt my ribs break on.

I notice him start to come after me until he gets thrown back in mid air hard and suddenly is stopped and raised high in the air.

I look over and notice that it's Sheira who looks infuriated with him as she holds him like she did with Anna moments ago.

"You little piece of shit! I told you to leave my sister alone!" She says through gritted teeth as she has him move to each side hard against the wall a few times on each one, causing him to turn back into his human form and he quickly starts choking and grabbing onto his neck, struggling to break free from the invisible grasp she has on him until I next heard his neck snap and his body go limp.

Then she lets him go and as soon as his body hits the ground hard, you hear the rest of the bones in his body break.

She snaps her head quickly over towards me and I look to see where Anna is at but can't see her. Which I am glad in a way. That means she got away. She'll be safe now and that makes me really happy. Our mate is safe now.

I feel myself quickly shift back into my human form.

I try and keep my eyes opened as I struggle to keep them like that from how exhausted I feel as well as excruciating pain. However, I can still see Sheira start to walk towards me with a lot of anger.

I have never been as scared in my life to be honest as her eyes are just as Anna's was. They're black all over and I can't tell what she's going to do to me. I do though, notice the way she's walking towards me and as she starts to kneel close to me.

"Your little mate killed the Head Elder." She mentions. "She did my work for me. Too bad she ran off like a scared little bitch that she is. " she smirks.

I start to struggle as I try and get up. It was hard to even try today something back.

"You're such a cunt, Sheira. I swear, it doesn't matter what you do to me, you'll still get what's coming to you." I tell her.

She begins to laugh in a sinister way at me.

"I'm sure." She says sarcastically. "It's too bad you feel that way. I was kind of hoping you and I could have become partners in taking over this world together." She smiles.

Then roght as she reaches her hand out slowly and begins getting just centimeters from touching my face, when quickly she is thrown back harshly and I notice Anna's werewolf has her slammed hard onto the floor and then picks her up by the neck and forcefully slams Sheira up against the wall, growling at her as her grip tightens even more around Sheira's neck.

Sheira's eyes start turning back to normal color except now there's redness in her eyes as her whole face begins turning red from the lack of air.

Anna starts to lowly growl as she moves in slowly closer to Sheira's face while staring into her eyes.

Something I never thought I would ever see, was fear and terror on Sheira's face.

Then I see Elliot and Giselle and all of them come running to my side, back in their human forms and are wearing loose clothing that was probably from the extra clothes room that the Elders always had here in case our kind needed some or there were deserters.

They tried helping me but all I cared about was Anna. She couldn't kill Sheira. She wasn't a monster.

"That's enough." The Moon Goddess says as she places her hand onto Anna's shoulder.

Anna, out of pure instinct, snaps her head and canines as she turns and see's the Moon Goddess. Then quickly after realizing who it was, she stops and begins to turn into her human self.

Which of course as she does that, her grip on Sheira's neck loosens until she ends up letting go all together, causing Sheira to fall onto the ground hard, gasping for air but yet still terrified.

"Oh my god please, get me away from her." We all hear Sheira start crying as she begs the Moon Goddess. "You can put me away, I don't care." She says as she starts pulling at the Moon Goddess' skirt. "J-Just please, get me away from her." She cries even harder and begins to shake.

We all wonder in what the hell is happening. How and why has Sheira suddenly become a scared little child?

"Fine! Let's go then!" The Moon Goddess says as she isn't sure in what is going on neither but takes advantage of Sheira's vulnerability and grabs her tightly around the arm then hands her off to the guards and walks back towards the room where judgement's and the meetings are held.

Anna, who Giselle has quickly given clothes to, is covered in dried up blood and bruises and winces with every movement as Giselle helps to get her dressed. Wish I could hold her but I too am really sore for myself to even move.

This didn't all go necessarily as I had originally thought it would have or had planned but then again, does anything ever?

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

243K 8.7K 24
Sundaye has been through so much in her life. She has experienced more physical and emotional pain than probably anyone else in the world. Her family...
3.6M 79.2K 23
"Beau, stop," I gasped, but I didn't want him to stop. "Amabelle. I am your alpha and your mate. You are mine and only mine. I am yours and only you...
4.1M 135K 51
Emmanuelle is running, running from a heartbreak she doesn't want to remember. Packing her things she takes off, driving to a wherever her car takes...
125K 5.7K 27
Aston has just recently lost his brother and has now become the new Alpha for his brother's pack. However, he still needs to be announced to the Coun...