The Devil's Daughter

By Werepanther

Angelica Shanley is beautiful. She is so beautiful that she can't stare at her own reflection for too long be... More

Author's Note
Prologue
~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
~21~
~22~
~23~
~24~
~25~
~26~
~27~
~28~
~29~
~30~
~32~
~33~
~34~
It's a Blaz piece
Ask the Characters
~35~
~36~
~37~
~38~
~39~
~40~
~41~
~42~
~43~
~44~
~45~
~46~
~47~
~48~
BOOK 2: The Kingdom of Nightmares
Hi. 01/05/2019

~31~

1.3K 84 26
By Werepanther

~Angelica~

🎼I balanced on one leg on top of the chimney now officially barefoot and Blaz balanced on the next house's chimney folding up his wings. He's staring at me shocked because I just teleported from his roof to this one. However not without consequence because dizziness washed over me... I feel a little sick now.

"How did you do that?" Blaz yelled out.

"I thought you were the mentor." I mocked. "Blaz why aren't I home?"

"Leave you home alone to whine and slit your wrists. I don't think so Princeps if anyone is going to kill you it's going to be me."

"Oh Fantastic..." That's comforting. "Have you ever killed anyone?" I asked not really expecting an answer.

"My first kill was when I was thirteen." He said casually as if it were nothing. How can that be considered nothing!? I slipped and fell through the chimney but I grabbed onto the top screaming. "For fuck's sake!"

"Just help me!" I shouted. He laughed while pulling me out by my wrists and now... oh great I'm covered in soot. Blaz bent over laughing, he noticed me glaring at him. But kept on laughing. With my soot covered hands I used his white t-shirt to wipe them and he glowered down at me. "Seriously though Blaz... You have killed someone?"

"Of course I have. I'm a Dark being."

"But so young...?"

"Too old for a normal dark angel." What is it some kind of tradition for a Dark angel? Others go through puberty but they kill someone?

"Who?" I dared to ask.

"How are you still standing here? I just told you I killed someone. What does it matter who? I am a murderer."

"Stop. Stop trying to scare me I refuse to believe that." I protested shaking my head vigorously.

"Why?" He questioned suspiciously closing in on me until there was barely any space between us.

"You're not as evil as you think you are." I whispered holding myself steady.

"You don't know anything about me." He said intensely.

"Yes I do." I whispered.

"No. You don't. No body does." He sounds like a child whining to get attention by pretending he doesn't want any and doesn't care about anything or anyone. But I know that's not true he's admitted the truth to me.

"Not even Will?" I pushed.

He stared at me and sealed his mouth shut for a lingering minute. I held my stern gaze and then he cracked a grin. "I can't take you seriously while you're covered in soot."

"Well I don't want to be out anyway. I'll take myself home..."

"Don't be ridiculous rich girl. Come on I'd kill for a cheeseburger right now." Typical. Now I'm going to have to go out with soot stained clothes and my hair in a craze.

"If I pay will you promise to stop killing people?"

"Probably. If I get a free cheeseburger out of it I'm willing to do anything."

"I'll keep that in mind." He rolled his eyes and reached out for me. "No! No no more flying!"

~ 🎶~

We lined up but for some reason Blaz is avoiding looking at me.

No wait he's just staring hungrily at the cheeseburger on the menu. I'm trying not to be self-concious but it's hard when you're coeverd top to bottom in ash.

"MAAAA!" Some little kid screamed behind us shaking his mother's arm crazily as she was busy talking on the phone. I chose to ignore them but I felt Blaz's jaw clench tight as the boy continued on crying. "I want PIES!" He repeatively screamed out when she said no and he started throwing around his iPad. Why does he get an iPad? "I WANT PIES!"

"I swear I will fucking murder this kid." Blaz growled under his breath.

"No need to be hostile." I whispered.

"Don't tell me you don't find that little shit annoying." He asked me raising his brow challenging me.

"PIES!"

That is annoying... But I shook my head then averted my eyes back up at the menu, the irritation not seen in my face but through my tightening grip on my purse.

Ten minutes later the line sort of has moved but the kid is still throwing a tantrum. I spun around to face the mother busy talking away on her phone as the kid rampaged around the place disturbing other customers.

"Pardon me but do you think you could control your kid?" I said trying to hide away the venom in my voice. Her dark eyes narrowed on me viciously then moved her phone away from her ear.

Her eyes stared at my dirtied state now holding her head up in pride. "Are you telling me how to take care of my child?"

I can't help but respond to her nastiness by being nasty myself. "Being a child myself I think I would know how to look after one. But that's not the point." I took a deep breath as she stared at me ready for a fight. What a stupid woman I'm fifteen what does she want to fight me for? "Your kid is disturbing everyone here and so maybe you should reprimand him or get him that pie." I can feel Blaz chuckling next to me and noticed him lick his lips before curling them in. Yeah thanks for the help...

"Why don't you mind your own business?"

"Why don't you tell your kid to stop disturbing this business?" I snapped back.

"Come on Princess let's just order and go." He said wrapping his arm around my waist and turning me around.

"Sweetie I'm getting you that pie!" She called out then got back on her phone letting him continue to rampage. He's still screaming!

"What can I get you?" The girl behind tha counter asked politly.

"Ear plugs and a chainsaw." I muttered.

His arm tightened around me. "Damn you dark..." Blaz smirked then leaned forward to the girl pulling me with him. Is he seriously going to flirt now? I'm not bothered he can do what he wants it's just... Now? "Can we have all the pies you have?" I stiffened.

He's an evil genius...

I smirked as the counter girl nodded a little stunned as I paid and we patiently waited until she handed over us the twenty remaining pies. We carried ten each and walked around towards the exit but he didn't let me leave. He opened up a box and picked up the apple pie staring directly at the mother and her son.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVE NO PIES LEFT?" She screamed as loud as her child. I giggled hysterically until she asked. "Who bought them all?" The cashier girl pointed at us. The mother glared over her shoulder and so Blaz being the mocking and mean person he is started eating his pie with a smile and a wink for me. "I'll get you two!"

"I think that's our cue." I whispered.

~ 🎶~

~Blaz~

Later we found ourselves at the park. The exact spot of where all our troubles began.

I tossed the last pie box into the sandbox as the princess herself was walking back from the rubbish bin. She scowled at me placing her hands on her hips glaring at me.

How I enjoy that look, her angry glare always makes me grin but only for a short amount of time. Her actually smiling before when we caused mischief on that mother and son together... Seeing her eyes shine the way they still are now caused something warm to spread in my chest. And I swear I can feel a swarm of bees buzzing in my stomach.

That's not normal.

"Why didn't you just get up and throw it away yourself?"

"Because I have you to do that for me." I replied leaning forward on the swing resting my arms on my knees. I watched her walk to the sandbox and bend over to pick up the box biting my lip. Instead of walking back to the bin she stared at it for a second and purple flames swallowed it whole turning it to ash.

"Saves me going back." She said walking over to me and sitting in the swing next to me. "Thanks for tonight." She said surprising me.

"Even for the whole Hicole thing."

She chuckled at the ship name. "It's better I know now right? It's not like he and I were a thing anyway we were just friends."

"Last I checked friends don't make out with the enemy." I said putting Henry more deep into the pool of shame.

Yes I do want her to hate him.

"Then I guess he and I aren't friends anymore." She said with a straight face gazing down.

A new voice spoke down to her and I instantly straightened up. "Don't dwell on it Angelica." I glared up at Ranger lounging on top of the swing set sprinkling white rose petals onto her face and in her hair.

"What are you doing here?" They both ignored me as she shook off the petals.

"How are you doing that?" She questioned him.

"My gift is..."

"Talking to pansies." I finished.

"I've always wondered what flowers think about." She said giving me a disapproving glare. Ranger smiled triumphantly and rolled off the top to kneel down before her.

"Well they don't often say much." He said presenting a white orchid to her making my blood boil. Until I realised the smile she used. It's not a genuine 'I think I'm falling in love' it's an 'Oh thanks... you're a sweet friend' smile. She pulls that grin every time Ron walks over to her.

"I wish that was the case for a few people I know." She replied. Why do I feel like she's talking about me? "Thank you." She added holding the orchid and smelling its fragrance. Her eyes gazed over between the two of us and a small smile formed on her lips. "I consider myself lucky right now. Through the bad times instead of being alone I have two guardian angels looking after me." I frowned and focused my eyes away from the two of them.

She likes both of us? That's not OK. She cannot befriend a Light angel and expect me to be 'aquainted' with her. Especially him of all angels him! He- The infuriating ass licker- is the the worst of them all. And yet I know deep down because of his little attraction to her he is willing to protect her.

Doesn't mean I'm going to let him.

"Dark angels don't linger around humans to guard them." I said.

"That's the responsibility of Light angels." Ranger interjected. No you ass it was your responsibility. None of you angels do your job anymore because you're too busy disposing us.

"Dark angels protect the humans from demons. Something only we know how to handle." I declared proudly sending a coded message to Ranger.

"What does that mean for me?" She asked me. Not Ranger me. "I'm both."

Ranger and I both knew it but we still stiffened when she said it out loud. It just makes everything more real... this is no game it never has been...

I said quickly. "Nothing. You don't need to take part in anything."

"Yes I do." She protested.

"He's right Angie. Unfortunately I have to agree you don't want to take part of this chaos." This surprises me considering it's flower boy.

"I was dragged into this a long time ago therefore backing out isn't an option for me."

"Pick a side then." I growled.

"What?"

"Pick a side." I repeated now looking directly her.

"I'm Switzerland."

"You can't be on both sides." Ranger agreed.

"Well challenge accepted. Stop acting as if this is more than I can stomach both of you are tolerating each other right now so the war can't be that ghastly."

"Oh you think Ranger and I can be civil? Well here let me show you the truth of this situation!" I fired a flame at him which he quickly rolled away from and stood up pointing a silver sword at me.

"Stop it." Angelica screamed jumping up from her swing when I did. I called for my own scythe and it appeared in my right hand ready to feel the enemy's blood. I love the weapon... It's simply stereotypical and I used to love the idea of being the angel of death.

"You see princeps. We may be young and on your earth but nothing changes the fact that we are bred to hate each other. We will never forget who we are and never forget who the enemy is." I held my scythe up at him

"See this Angelica. This is why you are crazy to believe a Dark is capable of having a heart. Look at him all he knows is to kill and cause mayhem." Ranger accused.

"Don't act like the hero Ranger. This all started because your kind wanted more control over us."

"We have to take control over you before you unleesh all your darkness upon this world. We know your plan."

"You're both wrong!" She screamed.

"Just stay out of this princess."

"Both of you stop." She protested.

"I will once he leaves." Ranger yelled out.

"I'm not leaving her with you. Face it flower boy I'm not the bad guy here."

"That's exactly what you are."

"I think you're both pretty shitty actually." She stated crossing her arms over and we snapped out heads at her. "It's been weeks and I have never seen you two actually try to kill each other. I doubt you will at this point so please stop being so dramatic you're both my age so I can't take this seriously and go back to just tolerating each other like normal teenage boys."

"Angelica... We're immortal enemies." Ranger said lowering his sword.

"And I'm suffering from a slight papercut on my heart. You both can be civil clearly there's no need for this pointless fighting it's going to get you nowhere except me having in a panic attack."

"Princess..."

"Blaz... Somewhere out there real warrior angels or whatever you call youselves are fighting. Therefore you two are covered and can just stick to the petty insults."

"We are not like humans Angelica we learn to fight at a young age." Ranger just won't shut up.

"Oh shut up both of you. I can't take you two seriously when both of your fliers are undone." She rolled her eyes.

Wait what?

We snapped our heads down to our crotches as she burst out laughing. I playfully glowered at her.

She can't solve an over a thousand year old war with words. But she did somehow shut down this battle for the time being.

~ 🎶~

~Angelica~

I stood in front of the door to my house and turned around to face the two of them.

Light and Dark.

Good and Bad... However which one is the bad?

They're both equally aggravating so it's very hard to tell. I chuckled at that making them both raise their brows.

If I really think deeply about this: if Blaz is in fact bad and all darkenss is evil it's still better that the world has him and his 'evil doers' around.

Because otherwise the good would never exist.

That is if Light is good.

Both evil and good can't work without each other.

But that's if I think about all this in a deeper perspective. I'm too tired for that after having to get them to both put their weapons away and walk all the way awkwardly home. They refuse to leave my side until I'm safetly tucked away in bed.

Surprisingly Ranger even offered to tuck me away in bed to annoy Blaz.

It really did annoy Blaz which is partly what shocked me.

"Goodnight."

"Sweet dreams." Ranger leaned over to peck me on the cheek. Blaz stayed lifeless his usual brown eyes darkening to black while had smug showing from his posture but held an innocent smile.

"Bye Ranger." He took a few steps back and I waited impatiently for him to leave. "I'll see you tomorrow." I said a little more forceful than I intented and he nodded but stayed standing a couple of metres away. Great he's not going to leave until Blaz does.

"Goodnight rich girl." Blaz said turning around to walk down the steps. And seeming very assured he was going to leave Ranger flew off.

"Oh finally he's gone." I said allowed making Blaz stop in his step. I smirked and charged at him as he turned around and he caught me in a hug. I wrapped my hands securely around his neck and brought my mouth to his ear. "Thank you Blaz. Thank you for being humane just for me even if tomorrow you turn back to the hot bad boy I can't stand I will remember tonight. That you were here with me rather than my best friend."

He didn't reply but he did take this chance to hold me incredibly close to him and I don't even think he realises what he's doing. I know I've forced him to be speechless and that this should not be happening. Not with us.

We're not meant to be friends.

Yet here we are.

"Princess," he suddenly cleared his throat and started pushing me back. "Fuck!" Blaz jumped as the cat appeared out of nowhere again lazing between us. "I really hate you." He snapped down at him making me burst into hysterics.

"Goodnight Hell hound."

"Have many sexy dreams about me." He winked.

Instead of playing disgusted I smirked. "Ditto." Then I all but skipped inside my house being cool by not looking back.

I cleaned myself off and jumped straight into bed overlooking my entire night.

How did this happen? How did Blaz become the sweethearted friend and Henry the jerk?

I fell asleep crying over Henry but then Blaz entered my dreams helping me sleep peacefully.

Meow there lovelies!

Enjoyed the Update?

Comment vote and Fan!!

Out of curiosity who's better for Angelica?

Also please check out my other stories!

Meow For Now

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 697 32
Since Analiese's mother died she's been tossed around like baggage, wondering why her life has to be this way. The day she was pulled away from her m...
390 11 7
Hell is deadly. Heaven is too marvelous. What's in between? War. Xander died, but not quite. God made him immortal to recreate what had happened in t...
423K 20.4K 42
Whisper of her lips, Her breath on my face, Eyes, piercing the soul, She is my doom! Freya Morenson is under the protection from a guardian a...
133K 3.4K 44
Liela moved in with her aunt Mrs Fidelia, and wanted to get the approval of her aunt's son 'Gabriel'. Unknowing to her, Gabriel had started developin...