I Provide Protection || BNHA...

By PuffedGill

After an event in her early adolescence that changed the entire trajectory of her life, and in how she viewed... More

Prologue - Hitomi Kanetsukabe: Origin
Ch. 1 - UA Entrance Exams
Ch. 2 - A Letter From All Might
Ch. 3 - Your Full Potential
Ch. 4 - A Friend or Two?
Ch. 6 - Panic! at the Lunchroom
Ch. 7 - Rescue Training
Ch. 8 - The USJ Incident
Ch. 9 - Sports Festival Start!!
Ch. 10 - A Mad Dash For First Place
Ch. 11 - Cavalry Battle
Ch. 12 - A Secret and an Apology
Ch. 13 - Hitomi vs. Mina
Ch. 14 - Do Your Best, Everyone!
Ch. 15 - Hitomi vs. Tokoyami
Ch. 16 - Hitomi vs. Bakugou
Ch. 17 - Sports Festival Results
Ch. 18 - Hero Names
Ch. 19 - Hero Internships
Ch. 20 - Study Buddies
Ch. 21 - Final Exams Pt. 1
Ch. 22 - Final Exams Pt. 2
Ch. 23 - Final Exams Pt. 3
Ch. 24 - Pool Day
Ch. 25 - Happy Birthday, Hitomi!
Ch. 26 - What Kind of Date? (Two Heroes Movie)
Ch. 27 - Exploring I-Expo (Two Heroes Movie)
Ch. 28 - Scavenger Hunt (Two Heroes Movie)
Ch. 29 - The Sunset From The Ferris Wheel (Two Heroes Movie)
Ch. 30 - Training Camp! ...Hell?
Ch. 31 - Yes, This is Hell
Ch. 32 - Your First Test of Courage
Ch. 33 - Taken Away
Ch. 34 - Words of Wisdom
Ch. 35 - Donki Oota Disguises
Ch. 36 - Rescue
Ch. 37 - A New Chapter
Ch. 38 - Your Science-Obsessed Nerdy Brain
Ch. 39 - Discussions of Crushes and Earrings
Ch. 40 - Movie Night!!
Ch. 41 - New Arrivals
Ch. 42 - And the Test Begins
Ch. 43 - The Meeting of the Shiketsu Student
Ch. 44 - Getting Through
Ch. 45 - Search and Rescue Operative
Ch. 46 - The Girls of Shiketsu and UA
Ch. 47 - A New Friend
Ch. 48 - The Start of Second Term
Ch. 49 - Spill the Beans
Ch. 50 - Unwell
Ch. 51 - Help With History
Ch. 52 - The Big Three
Ch. 53 - Being Sick Really Sucks
Ch. 54 - A Feverish Realization
Happy Anniversary!
Ch. 55 - Understanding My Feelings
Ch. 56 - What to Do
Ch. 57 - Reflecting
Ch. 58 - A Moment Between You and Me
Ch. 59 - You Space Out Looking at Space
Ch. 60 - A Sense of Déjà Vu
Ch. 61 - No Risks
Ch. 62 - Off to the Philippines!
Ch. 63 - The Sight By the Sea
Ch. 64 - What Do You Think of Me?
Ch. 65 - Bidding Goodnights
Ch. 66 - Roommate Rules and a Test of Courage
Ch. 67 - Late Night Conversation
Ch. 68 - City Sights and Festivities
Ch. 69 - A Simple Thing that Means So Much
Ch. 70 - Over a Cup of Halo-Halo
Ch. 71 - To Say I'm Sorry
Ch. 72 - The Moonlit Sight
Ch. 73 - Uncertainty and Hypocrisy
Ch. 74 - Confrontation
Ch. 75 - Confrontation, Pt. 2
Ch. 76 - It Takes Two Hours to Bake
Ch. 77 - Time for Our Provisional License Course!
Ch. 78 - To Win Their Hearts
Ch. 79 - Her Real Smile
Ch. 80 - Nice to Meet You
Ch. 81 - Ice Skating is a Bit Like a Dance
Ch. 82 - Accidental, Indirect, Almost
Ch. 83 - School Cultural Festival!
Ch. 84 - Murder 'Em With Music
Ch. 85 - The Formation of A-Band
Ch. 86 - Preparing for the Festival is the Best Part

Ch. 5 - Battle Training!

26.3K 916 279
By PuffedGill

A/N: Sorry for the inactivity. I've been stressing out over my AP Art Exam, and didn't get much of a chance to draw something for this chapter. I've actually written all the way up to the start of the sports festival, but I'm too stubborn to update without pictures.

(Hitomi's hero costume... I actually drew this last year, which is why the style is slightly different and it's a complete drawing)

----------

Hitomi watched in horror as Bakugou decimated the building with a huge explosion.

She couldn't believe what she was seeing.

She could tell they weren't exactly on friendly terms, but this...

This was on a whole other level.

Why isn't All Might stopping this already?

Hitomi had to turn away as Bakugou slammed his gauntlet into Midoriya. It was too much for her to watch.

Her classmates were talking amongst themselves, and Hitomi turned back towards the screens to see Bakugou and Midoriya exchanging words.

Her eyes widened as they charged at each other, speechless as Midoriya swung up, the force of his punch creating a gust of wind strong enough to destroy the building even more.

On another screen, Uraraka seemed to have broken off a pillar, swinging it at the debris that flew up from Midoriya's punch.

She leaped over the gaping hole in the floor, landing on the paper-mâché bomb and securing the weapon.

...

The hero team had won, but it didn't feel that way as Hitomi watched Midoriya's body hit the ground.

----------

Hitomi was in a group of three with a girl named Jirou and a boy named Kaminari.

They discussed their quirks as they were looking at the blueprints of Battle Building C, trying to come up with a plan from the variety of their quirks.

"My earphone jacks can transmit sound from wherever I plug them into, so I can find out where the villain team has hidden the bomb."

Hitomi looked up at Jirou from her blueprint and smiled at her.

"That sounds good! We'll have to think of ways we can deal with Yaoyorozu-san though, since her quirk is Creation... I'm assuming she can make whatever she wants, so we can't just charge in without a plan."

"Are you sure I can't just blast them with my electricity?"

Hitomi turned to the blonde. "Kaminari-san, you can't just use your electricity so haphazardly. What if Yaoyorozu-san makes an insulation blanket or something? Besides, are you sure you can even aim your electricity? I don't want to have to use my force fields to protect myself from my own teammate..."

"Ah, you're right..."

"Here, I think we can do this instead..."

----------

Jirou stuck an earphone jack into the wall, listening for a moment before turning to her teammates and pointing upwards.

"There's sounds coming from the top floor."

"Ok, let's go. We have about 10 minutes before our simulation is over, so we should make this quick."

The three heroes-in-training dashed up the stairs, halting in front of a door on the last floor.

Hitomi stepped forward, grabbing the doorknob and looking over at her teammates.

"Stay behind me. I can use my quirk to protect us in case Yaoyorozu-san has set up some kind of trap."

Jirou and Kaminari nodded, taking a step back as Hitomi slowly turned the knob.

The door didn't budge.

Hitomi tried again, slamming her weight against the door this time.

It still didn't move.

"I think Yaoyorozu-san barricaded it."

Kaminari ran a hand through his hair.

"So what now?"

Hitomi stared at the door, trying to come up with another plan with the 8 minutes they had left. Kaminari turned to Jirou.

"Hey, Jirou, you think you can use your sound waves to break the door down?"

Hitomi spoke up.

"We can't do that. Midoriya-san's team lost points for causing a lot of damage to the building, and the bomb would have gone off if this was all real. We can't use our powers recklessly just because this is a simulation."

Hitomi placed a hand on the door.

Maybe if I can...

"Guys, if what I'm about to do works, carry out the rest of the plan like normal."

Kaminari and Jirou glanced at each other before taking another step back.

Hitomi's irises glowed as she activated her quirk.

Concentrate on a specific point, and expand it from there...

Cracks started to form in the middle of the door, spreading as Hitomi formed a force field inside the door.

The force field suddenly expanded, destroying the door and shoving the metal beams Yaoyorozu had placed out of the doorway.

Yaoyorozu and Mineta were standing by the bomb.

"We have 6 minutes left. Kaminari-san, go now!"

The three of them charged into the room, Kaminari running to the side while Hitomi and Jirou ran forward.

Hitomi launched a force field at Yaoyorozu, Jirou running to take care of Mineta.

Yaoyorozu, realizing Hitomi's plan was to distract her and Mineta while Kaminari went after the bomb, made a shield to protect herself from the force field's impact while simultaneously throwing a capture net at Kaminari.

Kaminari fell to the ground from the net, struggling to get out of it.

"Kaminari-san!"

Taking advantage of the distraction, Yaoyorozu swept Hitomi's legs out from under her, causing Hitomi to fall on her butt. A capture net was thrown onto her, restricting Hitomi's movement.

As she struggled to get out, she glanced at Jirou to find her feet had gotten stuck to the ground from Mineta's quirk. Hitomi recalled that Jirou's earphone jacks could extend for up to 6 meters, but the bomb was too far away.

All three of them had been immobilized.

We have 3 minutes left! Someone needs to touch the bomb or we'll lose!

Hitomi created a force field around herself underneath the net, expanding it the same way she had before with the door.

She felt the cords of the net snap, getting up and charging at Yaoyorozu.

She threw as many haphazard kicks and punches as she could, but Yaoyorozu dodged all of them.

Shit.

Panicking, Hitomi launched a large force field wall towards Yaoyorozu, pushing her away.

Hitomi dashed towards the bomb, but when she was about 6 feet away, her foot caught on something and she tripped.

Glancing back at her feet in horror, she found her foot was stuck to the ground by the same balls from Mineta's quirk that had immobilized Jirou.

A loud horn sounded as All Might's voice was heard from their micro transceivers.

Her team had lost.

----------

A/N: I don't really have much to say today, as I'm really tired from stressing over submitting my AP Art portfolio. Again, apologies for the lack of updates. I should become more active within the next few days as I'll be taking my exam tomorrow and can finally relax afterwards.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 19 25
Mochizuki Rikona has always wanted to follow in her Pro-Hero parents' footsteps. However, with a lack of support from her family and Junior High peer...
20.6K 593 22
DISCLAIMER! THIS IS THE OLD VERSION! CHECK OUT MY PROFILE FOR THE REWRITE THANK YOU :) _______________________________________________ She started ou...
136K 6.7K 75
𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐀 U.A. High is the birthplace of legendary pro-heroes and a bountiful source of memories. Memories are meant to be cherished! Memories are...
52.9K 1.5K 15
Saeki Atsuhi's dream has always been to become a fearless hero who can save people with a smile. And at last, her dream is coming true! As she begins...