The Runaways: Industrial Revo...

Oleh Hermioneabba

(Completed) A/N- Don't forget to vote for each chapter if you liked them. William Everett and James Marshall... Lebih Banyak

Prologue
Chapter 1. James' POV
Chapter 2. William's POV
Chapter 3. James' POV
Chapter 4. William's POV
Chapter 5. James' POV
Chapter 6. William's POV
Chapter 7. James' POV
Chapter 8. William's POV
James' POV
Chapter 9. William's POV / James' POV
Chapter 10. William's POV
Chapter 11. James' POV
Chapter 12. James' POV
Chapter 13. William's POV
Chapter 15. William's POV
Chapter 16. James's POV
Chapter 17. William's POV
Chapter 18. James' POV
Epilogue
Notes

Chapter 14. James' POV

29 1 1
Oleh Hermioneabba

We were still waiting for Joey to come back and tell us whether if he was allowed to come with us to help investigate to murder or not. He definitely needs permission from his parents and if not, it could be utterly dangerous and if something happens to him, his parents will never forgive us. Never.

"Let's tell some jokes while we wait", William suggested.

"Good idea! It'll pass out some time", I responded and allowed myself to first tell William a joke I learnt from school.

"What gets wetter the more it dries? A towel", I said and William cracked up laughing for about fifteen seconds.

"That was a clever one!" William joyfully said and his cheeks turned pink from laughing. His eyes seemed a bit watery too. I almost killed him from laughing.

"My turn. Why did the boy throw the clock outside his window? Because he wanted to see time fly!" William said and I cracked up laughing just as William did. My stomach started to hurt from laughing a lot and I don't think I've laughed that much from a joke.

"Terrific! Where did you get that joke from?" I asked eagerly eating for a response.

"My cousin, Mark told me that joke when I was 15", William said. "Your turn now".

I stopped myself from laughing now and eased myself down as best as possible. I them cleared my throat.

"Why was the picture sent to jail? Because it was framed!" I yelled so William could hear this joke that I had made up when I was sixteen. I don't know, but I thought I was the worst at making jokes.

William fell down to his knees and covered his face. He was vastly laughing so much that he had to do that. It looked like he was crying and didn't want to talk to me, but that wasn't the case.

"You ok?" I asked and bent down near him.

"Not from laughing so much. That was the best pun I've ever heard!" William said and his laughs finally started to ease down. He them got his hands off his face and slowly stood up. This time, his entire face was pink and it looked as if he was about to cry with tears of joy.

"You're great at this. I remember my cousin was also great at telling jokes just as good as you", William said.

I didn't know how to respond to a lovely compleat but I smiled as it was enough to do so.

Finally, Joey's front door had swung open in excitement and Joey's face looked overwhelmingly joyful.

"Mother and Father say I can go!" Joey exclaimed.

"I'm glad they could trust you to come with us", I said.

"Nonsense! They always trusted you and they will trust you too, William", Joey replied.

"So, we'll now head off to Maria's house?" William asked.

"Definitely", I responded enthusiastically.

I am feeling rather confident now ( William is a massive help). I know we all can work hard to find out who killed William's parents and then they good-for-nothing chap can get hung up to death his entire life.

"Let's go then", Joey suggestively said and we quickly walked to Maria's house and chatted quietly along.

****

When we made it to Maria's house, which seemed so beautiful when they crisp breeze blew the emerald green trees that blended well around the sophisticated house, I knocked on the door energetically. The door had swung open and Mrs Evans was standing there with a cup of tea in her hands and with a bright smile on her face.

"Why hello there, boys!" Mrs Evans cheerfully said.

"Hello there!" All of us said at the same time forming a cheerful harmony.

"Come in!" Mrs Evans kindly said and we slowly headed inside the house that smelt like lavender and lemon and the aroma of it smelt pleasant and fresh.

"Come into the lounge room", Mrs Evans suggested and we did so.

"Wow, their house is sophisticated and grand!" Joey said and had his eyes fixed at the tiny, gorgeous and valuable decorations that were sitting calmly inside of the minute, chocolate brown cabinet that was standing directly in the left-hand corner of the lounge room. We then say down calmly on the sofa and Mrs Evans say next to us. This beautifully constructed and this elegant feeling you get in this house makes me safe at home. I feel like this is my home and because it's large, you can hide anywhere safely from an enemy. I wish it was the same for my house. Large and powerfully constructed.

"As I am thinking, have you both become friends?" Mrs Evans asked eyeing William and I and giving us a perpetual smile.

"James forgave me of being a stupid friend and for not believing a trustworthy friend", William said and smiled at me confidently. I smiled back instantly.

"Ah, see William. It takes time for someone to forgive someone and all is needed is patience. I'm glad the fights are over and the unity of friendship has come back strong", Mrs Evans said.

"Because William and I are friends, I feel confident now and it feels great", I spoke.

"So, was there a reason why you boys came here?" Mrs Evans asked politely and gazed at us with her shiny eyes.

"Yes. It's about William's parents and how they got murdered. We want you, Mr Evans and Maria to help investigate who killed them, why they did it and any other possible reasons", Joey said.

Mrs Evans shook her head and put her hands on her jaw and gazed downwards towards the ground. It seemed that she was thinking about what Joey said and whether if she, Maria or Mr Evans should help or not.

"Look, Mrs Evans. It's completely find if none of you help. It's no big deal", William said and started at her directly as if he was waiting for an answer.

Mrs Evans tilted her head up after a few moments and gazed at us. It looked like she had coke up with an answer.

"No, it's nothing like that, William! I'd love to help because it'll seem unfair not to help you because you ,James and Joey escorted Maria into the hospital and without your help, it would've been a displeasure for Maria and upon us. I would love to know who killed your parents and why they did it. That person certainly deserves a life's punishment", Mrs Evans said.

"Thank you very much, Mrs Evans, but will Mr Evans and Maria love to get involved?" I asked.

"I'll asked them now, because you need to as soon as possible find out about this mystery", Mrs Evans responded quickly.

"No need to get up and ask them now because they're here", Joey said and I turned to see they were really there. They both looked exhilarated to see us and Maria was smiling at us the most. She was looking great today. She was wearing soft golden and white coloured dress that was structured with padded hems and the sleeves reached up to her elbows. The dress seemed a bit puffed and shaped like a cup if it was turned upside down, but it looked elegant on her. She quickly walked towards us and gave Joey, William and I a massive hug they lasted for like half a minute.

"How are you all?" Maria asked sweetly and eyed at us excitedly.

"We're grand especially of the fact that James and I are friends now", William confidently spoke.

" That's wonderful news! Great to hear", Maria joyfully said and smiled elegantly.

"We're here to tell you something important", Joey said and grinned.

"What is it, boy?" Mr Evans asked and walked towards us and then stood vastly still like a statue.

William told Maria and Mr Evans about the murder of William's parents and about how we're going to investigate who killed them and why.

Everyone was speechless for a little moment until Mr Evans started speaking.

"I'm up for it! I'm definitely helping", Mr Evans enthusiastically spoke.

"Me too. I'd give that chap a punch up", Maria responded instantly.

"Fantastic! We have enough people to help us now", I replied cheerfully and felt my dimples felt fat from smiling too much.

"How are we going to plan this out?" Joey asked. "How are we going to find out who killed them?"

"Remember the knife?" I pointed out.

"Yeah?" William responded and his eyes shrank a bit.

" We could investigate that person's finger prints on it and then leave it up to the police to investigate it. Also, we can track down the footprints of that person when he went into my room to put that knife into my hands", I said sounding intellectual.

"James, you're a genius!" William exclaimed.

"I am?" I questioned trying my hardest to sound humble.

"Smart idea!" Maria cheerfully responded.

"Clever!" Mr and Mrs Evans said at the same time harmoniously.

"The police is utmost needed in this type of situation. They're good at solving out problems and tracking down explicit things. I'll run down to the police station today and talk about this matter", Mr Evans said.

"But you never know that person may have used a cloth to wrap it on the knife to not let the marks get on the knife and your hands marks would be on it because the murderer blamed it on you", Joey pointed out intelligently and folded his arms.

"Hmm, very true, but we'll tell the police what happen truthfully and hope that they'll believe us", William said.

"Don't forget that we must investigate in your parents room, William. The footprints will utmost be there because the murderer went there to kill them and his footprints are bound to be there", Maria pointed out.

"Brilliant idea! I'm glad you thought of that, dear", Mrs Evans said.

"Well done!" William exclaimed. "Basically, we're drawing out plans in how to investigate the murder and the police can physically do them".

"That is correct", Mr Evans said. "The Police will do the harder work, but I'm sure they're reliable enough to do this job".

"So now, do we tell the police our plans and then we watch them investigate?" Joey asked.

"I think so", I replied.

"I hope everything goes successful", Joey said his voice shaking a bit nervously.

"If we look to the positive sides of things, then the positivity is bound to come true", I said and smiled at him.

"Right, now that we've planned out things, let's have some fun now", Mr Evans said.

"In order to gain confidence in such things, we need to first have fun", Maria said.

"What shall we do? Eat?" Joey asked.

"I have cookies, cakes, pastries and I can make tea", Mrs Evans suggested.

"Good idea", William said.

Mrs Evans left the room to go into the Kitchen to prepare the tea.

"Tea's going to be great!" Joey said.

****

Did you like the tea break?" Maria asked.

"It was great!" I responded.

The backyard is gorgeous, especially when there are colourful flowers beautifully arranged in narrow flower beds and the bright green grass blends in well with them. The clouds were wispy and the sky was slightly turning darker.

"I really love your backyard", Joey politely said and was gazing at Maria.

"Thank you very much. I'm really proud of the backyard myself. Father put in a lot of effort to make sure the garden looks colourful with flowers of different sorts", Maria said.

"Does he like gardening?" William asked.

" He does like it as a hobby. If he is bored and has nothing to do, then he does some gardening", Maria replied.

"In my spare time, I'd go out for a walk now, because I'm free from the factory and from Phillip now", I happily said. Freeing others from pain is being selfless and I felt proud of doing so".

"I was glad I had freed myself. Staying in that prison cell was horrid", William said a bit shakily.

"And now freedom has given you to opportunity to solve this mystery", Maria added.

"True too", I said.

"Let's believe in ourselves that we can do it. We can bash that person's eye out they killed your parents", Joey excitedly said and we all laughed softly.

****

"Hey, James, I got you something", Joey said softly and handed me a little charm that looked as if it was hand-made . It looked gorgeous. It said 'To A Friend Who'll Always Be Remembered' and the background was mixed with lovely colours like yellow, pink and light green. It has a medium chain where I could use it to hang it somewhere like a bag.

I felt a mixture of happiness, but a bit of puzzlement inside of me and his was raging on and on inside powerfully. It was a spectacular gift, but I wasn't sure why he gave it to me. What did I do to deserve a gift from him?

I gazed up at Joey and he did too. We both smiled at the same time and I felt like I had so much to say to him about the gift.

"This is a wonderful gift, Joey, but what did I do to deserve it?" I asked and waited for an answer.

"You've kept me in company and I love it when people do that. William is very lucky to have you as a friend and be grateful for that. Just remember one thing: be brave and stay away from eternal darkness", Joey kindly said and was staring at me. His words were so kind and it made my day be full of sunshine.

"As much as I find William as my friend, you are too and thank you for this wonderful gift. It really does mean a lot to me and you stay safe and stay away from evil", I spoke.

Joey and I then shook hands energetically and he patted me on the back.

"You know what? I should also make something for William, even though I haven't really been in his company for long", Joey said.

"How nice. You should. You're excellent at crafting things with hands and they're a gift to others", I happily said.

"So, when are we going to get in action?" Joey asked desperately.

"Whenever we're ready. When Mr Evans runs down to the Police Station to get them involved, then the rest of us should get involved", I responded quickly. "And I hope that's right now because I can't wait".

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

220K 8.5K 50
This book did not come out as planned, there are many errors but read at your own risk. If you do read make sure to like, comment, and follow. Thank...
7.1K 591 55
She never really thought her life in Highschool would never change and be treated as the lowest kind of human life because she was a maid and everyon...
182K 6.7K 46
Meghan Bates is 'The Most', would be an understatement, well known fashion designer in the country, a self-made name in the industry but is she all t...
30.1K 1.3K 27
~~ His hand brushes against mine, sending electricity up my arm, to my cheeks, flushing them red. I'm the bad-guy in his story. Why does he make me f...