Adopted by Jennifer Lawrence

By GirlyDramaqueen

❝She has no idea, the effect she can have.❞ -Suzanne Collins Book One of Two: Madison has been living from f... More

[1:] Abuse
[2:] Plans
[3:] Moving On
[4:] Trains
[5:] Take Risks
[6:] Louise
[7:] At School
[8:] Nearly Caught
[9]: Hell On Earth
[10]: L.A. River
[11]: Found a Library!
[12]: Hiding
[13]: Somebody's Watching
[14]: The Boardwalk
[15]: The Manor
[16]: Less Alone
[17]: Moving Past
[18]: Eddie
[19]: Mad
[20]: Spectators
[21]: Hitchhiking
[22]: My "Home"
[23]: Coma
[24]: Trying
[25]: Waking Up
[26]: Dying Disaster
[27]: Coming Home
[28]: Dealing With A Cop
[29]: Paparazzi Problem
[30]: The People of Walmart
[31]: Diner Time
[32]: Bookstore Trip
[33]: The Note
[34]: Dave & Buster's
[35]: Hangover part 1
[36]: Hangover part 2
[37]: On My Way
[38]: Expect the Unexpected
[39]: Nick's in Trouble part 1
[40]: Nick's in Trouble part 2
[41]: Mama Lawrence
[42]: Part of the Family
[43]: Stay the Night
[44]: Room Designing
[45]: Grateful
[46]: Nervous much?
[47]: SLP Premiere
[48]: Thanksgiving Day
[49]: All About Gemma
[50:] Busted
[51:] Josh Visits
[52:] Back in Atlanta
[53:] Filming
[54:] Jay Leno
[55:] Night Before Christmas
[56:] It's Christmas!
[57:] New Year, New Style
[58:] .
[59:] GMA
[60:] Back to School
[61:] Closure
[62:] All's Fair...
[63:] ...In Love and War
[64:] Darts and Cake Balls
[65:] Making Up
[66:] First Sleepover
[67:] Hospital Visit
[68:] Keeping it Covered
[69:] Don't Skip Class
[70:] She's Back!
[71:] The Oscars
Character Application
[72:] "Fight, fight, fight!"
[73:] Opening Up
[74:] Psychiatric Ward
[75:] Leaving
[76:] We Meet Again
[78:] Bonding
[79:] Thinking Back
[80:] Temptation
[81:] Trapped
[82:] Lazy Day
[83:] At the Playground
[84:] Got to Go
[85:] Jade
[86:] I'm Next
[87:] I Kissed a Girl
[88:] Join Us
[89:] Talk to Me
[90:] Olive Garden
[91:] Nostalgic
[92:] All is Well
[93:] Revealed
[94:] The Beach
[95:] Aftereffects
[96:] Bye...For Now
[97:] One Year Later
[98:] Suicide Attempt
Thank you!

[77:] Spring Formal

3.3K 97 91
By GirlyDramaqueen

Maddie's P.O.V.

Today's the big day. I've waited for this day for a few weeks now and I'd like it if today would turn out perfect.

I woke up thirty minutes later than usual. Which means I'd be late for school. I rushed to get ready and brush my teeth. I didn't think about breakfast. I put on the first thing that I found, hoping that it isn't dirty.

I didn't brush my hair and barely managed to brush my teeth.

Jen was asleep too, and jumped up when I told her how late I was. She told me that she was sorry, she had overslept.

She rushed to get me to school, not caring that she was in her pajamas.

“I'm really sorry,” she says.

“It's all right. Hopefully today will get better.” I smile. “I'm really excited about tonight.”

“Today's that dance, right? I don't know if I could ever go to one, I'm a terrible dancer. . . If there's food, then maybe. . .” she started laughing before she could even finish her sentence. I was laughing too.

“Well, we're here, school already started, right?”

I check the time. “Math class is almost over, I think I could make it.” I give her a quick hug and run to class.

***

There was a substitute today, an old man that couldn't keep the class quiet. In fact, it was so loud that the teacher didn't even see me come in.

I couldnt sit in my seat because someone was sitting in it, and I didn't want to ruin a makeout session, so I moved towards the back.

The whole class was talking, some shouting, others trying to do work and some were sleeping. The teacher eventually gave up, sighed, and sat down.

I know I shouldn't be doing this, but I took out my phone and played some games while waiting for this class to end.

***

In science class, Mr. Prine could care less about what was going on in his classroom. He wrote down the assignment on the board but hardly anyone bothered to actually do it.

“Are you actually going to do the work?” I ask Julian.

“Nobody else is doing it, so why should I?”

“So you can get good grades.” I say.

“I have good grades, I think I can skip one assignment.”

“Class, this assignment is worth one hundred points,” Mr. Prine says, as if he'd heard what Julian said.

Julian rolls his eyes and takes out paper and gives me one.

I write my name and prepare myself to tackle this assignment.

***

We finished ten minutes early and turned it in.

I wonder if he's as excited as me about the dance. I can't wait for tonight. I really can't wait!

“So. . .you excited about tonight?” I couldn't help myself, I had to ask.

“Yeah. . .” was all he said.

I couldn't help but wonder what's on his mind.

We talked for a little longer and the bell had rung. He hugged me for a long time, I almost didn't want to let go.

***

English class wasn't the greatest, either. You know how sometimes teacher's give out pop quizzes? Well, today Miss Owen gave us a surprise essay. I guess you'd call that a pop essay, if that even exists.

No one was happy with this. The teacher said, “I can give this to you now, or you could do it on Monday.”

Everyone agreed on today. At least this wasn't the last class of the day.

***

It's finally lunch time. I haven't had the greatest day, if you hadn't noticed.

Chris was sitting at the table with headphones in her ears. She was listening to music and it was loud enough for me to hear the drums in the background and singing or course.

When I tried to talk to her, she couldn't hear me. I tapped her again and she shouted at me in an annoyed tone, “What?”

She looked at me apologetically. “Sorry.”

“It's fine. What are you listening to?” I ask, kind of curious.

“It's called 'Numb' by this band called Linkin Park, they're awesome. This is my favorite song of theirs.” she smiles and continues to listen to her music.

I pull out my Divergent book--which I've started reading already--and turn to page fifty eight.

I read for a few minutes and realize that Julian was calling me.

“Hello?” he waves his hand in front of my face. “How come you're by yourself?”

I turn and look for Chris and sure enough, she isn't there.

“I didn't realize she was there, she was here a few minutes ago.”

“I already ate lunch, did you eat?”

“Yeah,” I lie. I feel a little bad about it, but I get over it quickly.

“Good.”

I go back to reading my book, I'm glad Abi recommended it to me, it's getting really good.

He was eating a slice of pizza and had gotten sauce on his white polo.

“Really? Come on!” he shouted to himself. “I'll be right back. Watch my stuff for me?”

He left everything behind. I thought it was nice that he trusted me.

He came back, angrily trying to get rid of the stain. “You think this'll come off?”

“I hope so.” He looks nice in his polo shirts. He wears them a lot and has many different colors.

He left again to try to scrub it off and didn't come back until lunch was over and I was left sitting alone.

***

Art would've been the best class I've been to today, if it weren't for this mean girl in the back.

“Jennifer Lawrence has no talent!” she shouted, and I knew for a fact that she was talking to me.

I tried to ignore her, but I couldn't. So I shouted back, “Well, if she has no 'talent,' then why did she win an Oscar?”

The teacher gave me a look and I slumped back in my chair, hoping this day would end.

***

“Why do people have to be so mean?” I ask Jen when we had gotten home.

“I don't know, I just try to ignore them.”

“Okay. . . But know that I think you're really talented.” She smiled when I said this.

“I'm going to take a shower. You should get ready yourself, that dance is in an hour.”

I smile at the thought.

***

My sparkly blue dress fit perfectly, just like it's supposed to.

I had taken a shower and combed out all the knots in my hair, which took a good amount of my time.

***

Jen had dropped me off a few minutes ago. She already left, and there's no turning back.

The cafeteria was nicely decorated for the event. Balloons were hung up and dinner was being served.

Not many people showed up yet. I sat down and took a good look around.

Chris was the first to show up--much to my surprise.

Chris?” I was too shocked to try to hide it.

“Hey,” she said and smiled. “This is Logan.” She proudly showed him off. “He just got out and we've kept in touch and I made him come.”

He showed a small smile and said, “Nice to meet you.”

After that, they both sat down next to me.

Chris looked nice. She wore a black dress with matching bracelets.

“So. . .where's your date?” Chris says, causing me to blush.

“I don't have one.”

“Oh, come on.” she rolls her eyes. “He's head over heels for you.”

“Well. . .I. . .” I struggled to find words.

As they looked at me, more and more people started piling in.

That's when the first song of the night plays.

“Let's dance!” Chris says as she yanks Logan's arm.

They dance along to the music as I sit back and smile.

A few minutes later, a familiar voice tells me: “You're not going to sit all alone, are you?”

I turn around and say, “Julian!”

He wore a nice dress shirt and pants.

He gave me a hug and another song played.

“Cupid Shuffle? You gotta dance with me to this.” he says with his hand out.

“I'm a terrible dancer,” I admit. Maybe Jen rubbed off on me after all.

“I can show you. Or just follow along. It's not that complicated.”

I sighed and said, “Okay, fine. But if you laugh at me, I'm leaving.”

We walked onto the dance floor and Julian learned right away. I, on the other hand, took forever to figure it out. The song was nearly over when I got the hang of it.

“You did good!” Julian shouted over the music.

***

We continued to dance, song after song. The easiest to dance to was the “Cha-Cha Slide.” Each of us were sweaty and out of breath.

Of course there were “chaperones” but I was having too much fun to notice.

The food was brought out and the majority of the people--including Chris and Logan--formed a never ending line.

I decided to wait until the line went down before I go and get dinner.

A few people remained at the dance floor, including Julian. LMFAO's “Party Rock Anthem” played and people backed up when he started breakdancing and showed everyone his other cool moves.

When he finished, I said, “I didn't know you could dance like that!” I was still amazed, too.

“Well. . . It's what I love to do.”

“I can see that.” I smile.

The DJ announces that this next song is the last one. “Boyfriend” by Justin Bieber.

By now, some people already gotten their food and only me and Julian were on the dance floor.

He offered me his hand and I gladly took it, and we slow danced together. I think it's the only think I'm good at. On second thought, maybe not so much since I just stepped on his toe.

He sang to me. “If I was your boyfriend, I'd never let you go.”

I smiled so wide. I was so grateful for this.

Next thing I knew, he pressed his lips onto mine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.9K 1.1K 23
The story title explains it all! Sorry im bad at photoshop! Madelyn rans away from home. She was abused and the person who was taking care of her was...
39.7K 660 48
Follow the story of Jane a 17 year old girl as she gets adopted by the broadway king himself and meets the possible love of her life Anthony Ramos. ...
4.2K 108 20
Hee Won 2 Years Old was left at a random car door by her parents who cannot afford to raise her as they have recently announced bankrupt. But nobody...
194K 6.9K 44
"𝒩𝑜 𝒻𝒾𝓇𝑒 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝓁𝒶𝓏𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇." "𝐼'𝓂 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒷𝓊𝓇𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓎𝑒𝓉." An ambitious girl with anger bigger than herself a...