Past, Present, No Future. (Ha...

By RockingTommo

Vanessa Payne was your average girl, though she had her own secrets. Secrets she would only share with hersel... More

Prologue
1. Mislead
2. Antiques and Phone Numbers
3. Something New
4. Just Need Someone
5. What To Say
6. She's Mine
7. Oli and Ally
8. What Can I Say?
9. Midnight Memories
10. Afterwards
11. Is it Something or Nothing?
12. Was This a Date?
13. Another Night with Him
14. Just Give Me a Reason
15. Unsaved
16. It's Alright
17. Hold On
18. The Best Part Is...Nothing
19. For You
20. A Lot More To Come
21. Heated
22. Wasted
23. Tag You're It
24. Apologies
25. Too Long
26. No More Heart Break
27. Little Black Dress
28. Satisfied
29. Matched Up
30. Days and Nights
31. Homesick
32. Where The Heart Is?
33. Birthday Wishes
34. This Girl
35. Roses Aren't Red
36. Shots and Ice Cream
37. Polaroids
38. M&M's
39. Lifted
40. Between Bars
41. Misery
42. Slow and Steady
43. Uncomfortable
44. New Barriers
45. The Same
46. No More Feelings
47. Mistakes
48. Work Out and Break Out
49. Never Ending
50. Hugs & Kisses
51. Oh So Familiar
52. Good Literature
53. Some Nights
54. Nobody Knows
55. Promise?
56. Small Bump
57. Robbed
58. I Didn't Know
59. Unexpected
60. Questions?
61. Fun.
62. Too Much At Once
63. Undeniable
64. She Keeps It Covered
65. Kiss Me. Want Me. Love Me?
66. Listen
67. Same Mistakes
68. Lost Boy
69. As High As Stars
70. Snapped
71. Love Like War
73. Emotionless Conclusions
74. Confronted
75. Missed Memories
76. I'm (Not) Sorry
77. Talk!
78. Truthful Lies
79. Encounters
80. Unbelievable
81. Rip My Heart Out
82. Far, Far Away
83. Messed Up
84. Oh, Be My Baby
85. Stella
86. Surprises
87. My Girl(s)
88. Accidentally In Love
89. Lost Things
90. Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!
91. Chocolate
92. Just Change
93. Gotta Stay High
94. Finding Myself
95. Stella II
96. Without You
97. Distance
98. Mildly Happy Holidays
99. Goodbye World, Hello Wolverhampton
100. New Year New Me
101. End Results
102. Here With You
103. Selfless
104. Save a Life
105. The Dream Team's Dream
106. Toxic
107. All I See
108. Seven Billion Hearts
109. Full Circle
Epilogue
"Social Casualties"

72. Honestly

133 6 7
By RockingTommo

I woke up with a knot in my back from sleeping on the living room floor. Louis and I had slept on different sides of the room, and after what had happened last night I'm glad we decided to do that.

I sat up, squinting at the light I was exposed to looking over seeing Louis was still asleep.

I yawned checking the time on my phone that lay next to my 'bed'. It wasn't that early in the morning, and I was always the one to wake up later than others. Except Liam and Gen because they could sleep the entire day.

I forced myself up, pushing the hair out of my face and walking to where Louis lay.

"Lou" I shook his shoulder having him stir, "Wake up" I tapped on his cheek a bit.

He groaned, slowly opening his eyes he began to rub his eyes and sat up.

"What time is it?" he asked stretching his arms out.

"About 8:30 in the morning" I told him standing back up and beginning to walk to the kitchen.

The kitchen as well was completely empty, the only food inside was cereal but there was no milk.

Louis walked in after me, scratching the back of his head. His hair was messy, and his eyes looked sleepy.

"Do you want to go out for breakfast?" he asked as if reading my mind.

I nodded, "I would love that" I said with a giggle beginning up the stairs to get ready.

~ | _ | +

"How did you find this place?" I asked Louis smiling to the waitress who handed me the menu.

"I'd bring the twins after school" he answered, "They would order the macaroni and cheese whilst I ate a cheeseburger"

I giggled putting down the menu deciding on what I was getting.

"Speaking of" I began as I set aside the drink the waitress had set in front of me, "How are your sisters?"

"They're well" he said taking a sip of his own drink, "My mum took them back to Doncaster last night"

We stayed silent for a few seconds and I began thinking about everything I have to settle when I go back to Wolverhampton. I began producing the list when I shook my head out of it and looked at Louis.

"Can I be honest?" I asked him.

"Of course"

"I'm nervous to go back home" I admitted, ignoring his gaze, "I just have so much to do" I breathed out, "And I'm scared to do half of them"

"Like what?" Louis asked leaning closer to me from the other side of the table.

I shrugged, "Work, the funeral..." I began.

"Okay, but what's scaring you?"

I sighed, "I live with Harry, Lou. And I'm...terrified to see him again" I tried finding the right words, "I'm scared of the words that I'll spill when I see him again, because it will either be such hurtful things or such forgiving things"

"I'm scared of him" I said more to myself than to Louis, "I mean, not what he'd do to me but just him in general"

"I get you" Louis told me, "You're not scared if what he'll do to you, but what he'll say"

"I don't want him to tell me he never wants to see me again" I looked down at my hands, "Because as much as I don't want to see him, I don't want to loose him"

Louis opened his mouth, ready to say something when our waitress came back with our meals.

"How's the date goin'?" she asked with her American slang.

"Oh, we're not on a-" Louis looked at me, worried.

"This isn't a date" I explained to the lady.

"Oh, I'm sorry" she laughed nervously, "I just thought, since you two were so close"

"Yeah" I looked to Louis, "We're just friends"

Louis gave her a half smile and thanked her for our food. Waiting until she left Louis turned to me, "How do you do that?" he asked.

"Do what?" I asked knitting my eyebrows.

"Answer that as if it were no big deal" he softly laughed.

I put down my fork, "I would say it all the time when Harry and I began to know each other" I explained, "But I refuse to compare my relationship with Harry to my relationship with you"

"Should I take that negatively for positively?" Louis asked.

"Either way you want" I smiled to Louis and began to eat my breakfast.

~ | _ | +

"What are you going to do once you're back in Doncaster?" I asked Louis who was leaning over the hood of what seems like a different car every time.

"Same thing I did before coming here, same thing I'm doing now" he mumbled, concentrated on the mechanics in front of him.

"Is repairing cars all you ever do?" I giggled hoisting myself up on a stool that was set beside the car Louis was obsessing over at the moment.

I heard his chuckle echo through the small opening in the automobile, "I have a social life, Vanessa" he defended, "Its just not a very grand one"

I rolled my eyes with a smile going back to dragging my attention to everything around me since the boredom was taking over me, when I brought my eyes to the logo in front of the house.

"What is Tj's?" I asked Louis having him stand up and wipe his hands on a rise.

He looked at what I was referring to, "Well," he began giving me a cheeky smile, "When my mum and dad were married they owned the entire car thing, and they called it Tj's. Troy and Johannah's" he explained.

"And byou kept the name?"

He shrugged, "Changing the name would take away it's originality. My dad left the family, not the ownership"

"Why do you do that?" I asked Louis having confusion wash over his face, "You always have something deep to say, I mean one minute you're this deep person talking about death and originality and the next you're this adorably awkward guy reading the cocktail menu at a diner whilst eating pancakes"

He smirked to me tossing the rag in his hand aside, "I'm adorable?" he asked walking over to me.

I nodded, "It's the reason I said it"

He stifled a laugh, shaking his head, and leaning back on the car, "Anyways, after my mum got the nursing job I was left with the car thing"

"How long are you going to keep up with the car thing?" I asked.

"As long as I can manage" he answered going back to the inside of the vehicle.

 "And how long is that?" I asked feeling as if I were producing much too many questions.

"As long as I can manage" Louis repeated extending his hand for me to give him the greasy rag.

And when I did, our fingers touched. And literal static shock shot between that touch.

~ | _ | +

After Louis had dropped me off at the house and Gen came minutes later, we had agreed that we will walk through the entire household and look for anything hidden or forgotten.

"Who knew that walking up and down those stairs a bazillion times would be so tiring" Gen groaned sitting on the floor of the, now empty, guest bedroom.

"I would say that's a bit of an over exaggeration" I laughed leaning against the wall, "But at least we got everything done"

"Okay, I'll say something and if we've done say check" Gen explained resting her arms back.

I nodded waiting for her first option.

"Packed bags?"

"Check" I answered remembering all the packing Louis and I did that one day.

"Everything big sent back to England?"

"Check" I sighed.

"I can't think of anything else, I honestly just guessed at those. I'm glad I got 2/2 correct" she laughed lying back on the carpet.

I stifled and giggle going to sit next to her, "Are you as excited to go back as I am?" I asked her.

"If by excited you mean nervous, then yes" she breathed out bringing her knee up.

"Why are you nervous?"

She sighed  looking to me, "The guys want to go back to Australia" she explained making me hold my breath, "And I'm the only one that's indecisive about it, it's either all of us or none of us you know?"

I nodded lying down next to her, "Why are you nervous?" she asked.

I stared up at the ceiling, "It's hard to explain" I told her, "It's just...everything I have and everything I do is now connected to Harry somehow"

"So going back to Wolverhampton will trigger memories" Gen said having me nod.

"And there's just so much to do I just-" I choked, "I don't want to do them yet"

"Speaking of, when will the funeral be?" Gen looked over to me.

I shrugged, "I don't know, I've been avoiding reading her letter" I explained remembering if I put the envelope in my bag.

"All the stress is taking over me" I admitted, looking at the white surface above me.

"Whenever I have so much stuff to do and so many things to face, I run away" Gen said, "I know it's known to be the worst thing to do, but I think you should try it"

"Where would I go?"

"You don't know, that's the best part" she explained, "I'll run away with you"

"After the funeral of course" Gen looked to me, "But after that we're going to run, and we're going to end up somewhere we'll never want to leave"

I looked over to her with a smile, "I would absolutely love that"

~ Harry's _ POV +

Meredith had once told me that I should confront the people I wanted to spill out on, and I have compiled a list of people and things to be done for this excersise. A literal, physical list:

Shit to do for now:

-Return her book...and talk

-Find Des and confront him about all the shit he's done to me

-Apologise to my family for being a fuck up

-Visit all the places that meant something to me

And so far, I've done nothing on this list. But this is where I'm starting.

I've been living out o my car for the past week and have been relying on Beth and Mel to take care of and feed Pepper until Vanessa was back with the simple request of her not knowing they were in the house.

I was going to start with Vanessa, not only had I accidentally packed her book into my bag and have been wanting to return it but I wanted to talk to her. Not about what had happened but just talk, like we used too.

I grapped the book from where it lay on my dashboard and opened to a random page and skimmed through the text.

Even if (reader, could it be true?) there was no such thing as happily ever after.

I sighed, starting the car and began to drive to the nearest airport, I was ready. Or at least I wanted to be.

-

There were no cars. Or at least there was one red one in which I didn't recognise.

I walked up the small house I stayed in for the passed month noticing nothing to wipe my feet on. Shaking it away I knocked on the door having it slightly open so I pushed it farther walking into the empty house with Vanessa's book in my hand.

I looked around seeing two decent sized suitcases where the sofa used to be and the sliding glass door open.

"Hello?" I called having my voice echo through the empty space.

Louis walked out drying his wet hair with a towel and another wrapped around his waist.

"Harry" he breathed out looking at me as if I were supposed to be dead or something.

"Ummm?" I muttered from the scenario, "Where's Vane-" I was interrupted by a shutting door and Vanessa walking out with wet hair as well and a towel wrapped around her naked body.

"What the fuck is this?" I asked looking at the both.

"Harry" Vanessa looked at me how Louis did, "W-what are you doing here?" she asked with a shaky voice.

"Did you two shower together?" I asked dodging her question.

"Harry, no" she said looking to Louis.

"Vanessa, don't fucking lie" I began to raise my voice, "I wanted to talk to you, to see you but you're already moved on sucking some other pricks dick?" I glared to Louis.

"Harry I-"

"It's been four weeks Vanessa, and all I could every think of was you ad if you were okay" I told her, "And the entire time, you moved on" I tried not to choke.

"Harry, let me-" Louis began to say.

"I really don't want to hear about your relationship" I told them, "I hope you guys are happy I guess" I muttered walking to the door.

"By the way" I said, "I brought you this" I tossed her book to the side before I walked out of the house and to the car I had brought here.

Why did I come back to America? But most importantly, why do I want to cry so fucking hard right now?

__________________________

I have scene, a special scene that involves Harry and Vanessa, showers, and the word darling. And I added it to another chapter earlier in the book. So if you would like to read it and get an overload of feels it is in Chapter 43. Uncomfortable. You should read it, just saying.

Anyways song on le side >> or le top ^^

Wake Me Up When September Ends by Green Day

AND NO CHEATING OF LISTENING TO THE SONG BEFORE THE CHAPTER NO NO DONUT DO THAT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

520 5 20
Nialls Shocking Secret. Harrys new love. The ups and the downs. Harry falls for the girl of his dreams, but is everything really that simple? Niall f...
10.2K 477 33
She's the kind of girl you see roaming through the halls quietly, full of anxiety, she worries about everything. She doesn't like to be alone, never...
309K 11.2K 42
Liam Payne has secrets. Secrets that could potentially kill. Brinlee Adams has a past. A past that put those close to her at risk. Love. Pain. Trust...
10.6K 102 32
Living with your best firends, who just happen to form One Direction, can have its ups and downs. The hard thing is telling them apart. Especially wh...