Some People Hope (Frank Iero...

By haleyukulele

In this prequel to Carry On This Way (A Gerard Way Fanfiction) , fourteen year old Ally Shores is in her firs... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46 ~ Epilogue

Chapter 22

281 17 6
By haleyukulele

My mom decided to make an appointment with my doctor to make sure I'm fine. I didn't argue, it was no big deal. But I had school to go to first today. 

I got up and tossed on my usual black skinny jeans and converse, also a Green Day tee and a couple rubber Green Day bracelets. I brushed my light brown hair a bit before grabbing a grey sweater and some toast and running out the door to meet Frank. 

"Hey there." He said, coming out his door. 

"Hi." I replied, returning the smile. 

We walked hand in hand down the chilly Autumn sidewalks. The sky had some blue. 

"So you have a doctors appointment later, right?" Frank asked. 

"Yup, but it's after school." I replied. 

We came up to the school and were pelted with paper and laughter. As usual, guys made kissy faces and mocked us. 

"Aw, he needs her to hold his hand." One kid said. 

"She does it all the time." Another said. "He never leaves her side, ain't it sweet?" 

Frank gave a laugh. "What are you laughing at?" Mason asked. 

"You guys are just unbelievable." Frank said with an hysterical smile. "So what if it's like that between us? Does it really matter?" He tightly gripped my hand before walking into the school. 

We placed our things in our lockers and headed to class. We were a bit late this morning. The bell rang and I pulled Frank by the hand down the halls and into the class room. 

*************** 

"I'll see you later Frank." I said as my mom pulled up in front of the school. 

"Okay." He replied as I walked away waving, he waved back and walked down the sidewalk towards home. 

"So, how was your day?" Mo, asked, making a turn to the right. 

"It was okay." I replied. "Can I turn on some music?" 

"Sure." She replied. I turned on some Green Day, which she didn't mind. 

We listened to about four songs before we pulled up to the doctor's office. I turned the music off and we walked in. The waiting room was white with grey carpets. There were some magazines laying on the table and a fish tank off to the side. 

Your average doctor's office, right? 

I picked up a magazine to see what bullshit was inside. There was something about an actress having an affair with a hotter guy than her husband, some actor getting married to some tramp looking chick, and a few random things about Oprah. 

"Ally." The nurse called with a gentle voice. 

Mom and I got up and walked down the hallway where the nurse was leading us. 

"Now take off your shoes please and stand on this." She gestured to a weighting thingy ma jig. I stood on it after removing my recourse converse and it weight ed me at 109. 

And I was measured at 5 foot 4. 

"Alright, now just head on in there and the doctor will be here in a moment." She said before shutting the door to the treatment room we were sat in. 

I sat on the bed thing while my mom sat on a chair by the door. 

*Knock knock* 

The door opened and the Doctor came in with a smile on his face. Out of all the doctors I go to see, he was my favorite. I've always loved his British accent. He never wore a simple suit and bow tie. 

"So how are you Ally?" He asked with a smile, sitting down and taking off his round lens red glasses. He ran his thick brown hair. 

"I'm alright I guess." I replied. 

"Okay, so first I'm going check your heart." He said. 

He had me take deep breathes here and there as he put the cold stethoscope to my chest. "Now, I need to do a few more things, which would you like me to do first?" He said, bending down just a bit so he was head levle with me. 

"What are my options?" I asked, the corners of my lips turning up a bit. 

"Ear check, throat check, or blood drawing?" He replied.  

"Oh God." I muttered. "I don't wanna have a needle stuck in me. I'll do the ear and throat first." 

"Alright then." He said, standing up right and grabbing his otoscope. "Say ah." 

"Ah." 

He looked around in my mouth for a moment, shining the light here and there. "Now close your mouth that's disgusting." He said. I gave a giggle. He rubbing the top of my head before looking in my ears. "Alright now. Time to draw your blood. Don't worry, it won't hurt that much." 

I rolled up the sleeve of my sweater and looked away. And after a quick pinch he put abandage over it. 

"Which one?" He asked, holding up two different patterns of wrap. Yellow bananas, or purple with stars on it. 

"Purple." I replied. 

He tossed the yellow and wrapped up my arm. "There you go Ally." He said, patting both of my shoulder as I stood up. 

"Thank you." I replied. 

"Have a nice day." He called out as we left the room. 

"You too!" Mom and I collective replied.  

****** 

My mom and I walked through the door and she started towards the kitchen and I started going up the stairs. I stopped. 

"Uh, hey mom?" I asked. 

"Yeah honey?" She replied. 

"Can I talk to you for a second?" 

"Sure thing." She answered with, sitting at the table with a cup of tea. She handed me one as well. "What is it?" 

I took a deep breath and held it in for just a second. I wasn't sure how to get it out. I wanted to tell her about Frank and I. 

"So um, what ig I told you that there's this boy." I managed to get out. "And, I liked him, a lot, and he liked me, a lot. And what if I told you, that this boy, was.... Frank." 

She didn't say anything for a moment and then gave a laugh. 

"What?" I asked. 

"That's pretty funny." She said. 

"W-why?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. 

"Because Frank is gay." She replied, still laughing a bit. 

"What? Y-you... He's not.." Oh my God." I stuttered. I put my face in my hand at that last part. "He's not gay mom!" 

"He isn't?" 

"No! Why the hell would you think that?" I chuckled. "I mean, it wouldn't really matter that much to me, except, well, how I fell about him, but besides that." 

"Well, he's never shown interest in girls, and he always is around one." She explained. "I just thought he wasn't interested in girls, that's all." 

"Okay than." I said, standing up. 

"Wait, but you two, really?" She asked, taking a sip of her tea. 

"Yeah." I replied. 

"I dunno about that." She took another sip saying.   

"W-why not?" I asked, hysterically chuckling. 

"Because, I told you Ally." She replied. "I don't think it'd be a good idea for you to be involved with him anymore than you already are." 

"But mom!" I protested. "You can't do that to me, or to Frank!" 

"Listen Ally," she continued, "I just don't think it's a good idea. I'm your mother, you will listen to me and if I say you can't do something, then you cant." 

Tears flooded my eyes. 

*Knock knock* 

I turned to go get the door. I opened it to see Frank with a smile on his face which I couldn't return right now. 

His smile fell as he saw that I had tears in my eyes. "Ally what's wrong?" He asked, stepping in, I leaned against the wall, he put a hand on each of my shoulders. 

I looked down and didn't reply. He looked over at mom. "What's going on?" 

"She's upset that I said it wasn't a good idea for you two to be in a relationship." Mom replied. 

Frank's expression fell and his jaw slightly dropped. "B-but, Mrs. Shores, you d-don't... You don't understand." He stuttered. 

"I said I don't want my daughter to be in a relationship like that with Frank." She excited the room saying, grabbing her teacup as well. 

I ran up the stairs and into my room, slamming the door behind me.  

____________________________________ 

No!!!!!!! 

So vote and comment please! 

Thanks for reading! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
1.2M 52K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
411K 12.4K 94
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
28.8M 915K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...