TeamFortress2's New Addition

By thewrenley

You were recruited to join the RED Team, and you agreed spontaneously. Was this a bad decision? Probably. Did... More

Note from the Author
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Ninety-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Ninety-Seven
Chapter Ninety-Eight
Chapter Ninety-Nine
Chapter One Hundred
Chapter One Hundred and One
Chapter One Hundred and Two
Chapter One Hundred and Three
Chapter One Hundred and Four
Chapter One Hundred and Five
Epilogue
A Thank You
Update Page

Chapter Thirty-Six

1.8K 69 17
By thewrenley

You woke up still sitting in the chair with a crick in your neck. You tried to stretch the taught muscle out, but it fought back at you, causing stiff pain to blare at the base of your skull. You sighed, stretching through the pain until it felt mildly okay to turn your head. You could feel your eyes droop and felt bags under your eyes.

An air of foggy drowsiness settled around your head. Everything past six inches in your vision became unfocused. You stretched your legs out from where they were pressed against your chest, and they shuddered as you moved them out. Your back felt like hell especially against your shoulders and the sides.

Slightly shifting, you forced yourself to stand up and your vision turned fuzzy like static. Your first thought of that day was "I'm dehydrated." Your mind heavy, you shuffled your way like a creaky elderly woman to your bathroom sink. You stared at yourself in the mirror looking as zombie-like as you felt.

You couldn't think about much as of now, your once much busy mind had slowed to a stop. You rubbed your eyes, and they stung. You couldn't even imagine bothering to take a shower right now. Taking deep breaths through your nose, you felt weighted. The last thing you wanted to do today was train with someone, that being either the drunken Scotsman or the uptight German.

Your skin was pale as a ghost, and your hair was a bird's nest from all of the messing you did with it while trying to do work. You truly looked dead. Honestly, today you felt like moping while listening to sad songs. Human interaction was something you simply didn't want to deal with.

You drank some water from your cup by the sink. It helped wake you up a little, but also welcomed a splitting headache. Is this what hangovers feel like? You closed your eyes, massaging your temples.

"God," you muttered while you sighed yet again. Reluctantly, you splashed water on your face and patted it dry with a towel. Your eyes were half-closed as you realized you didn't even change your clothes from yesterday. You stumbled slightly leaving your bathroom. You fell onto your bed in a sitting position.

You peered almost spitefully at your desk. There you saw the plate of uneaten food. You groaned, another weight resting on your shoulders. You hunched over, making your back scream in pain. You shot straight up and hissed. Reluctantly, you stood up and grabbed the plate.

You glanced at the time on your alarm clock to find that it was about 6:30 in the morning. How early it was only made you want to collapse even more. You felt burnt out, and you couldn't even tell if it was over dramatic or not. You swung open your door and moved like a zombie over to the kitchen.

The hallway was eerily quiet as you shuffled your way out of it into the living room. It was dark, but thankfully not pitch black. You made your way into the kitchen and found the trash can. Dumping your food inside of it, you gingerly set the plate into the sink. There your body decided for now it was done moving around, so you leaned on the counter despite the protest from your back and held your head in your hands.

You were disappointed in yourself, confused, and you weren't sure if you could change that outlook in a way that didn't seem awkward. You stuck yourself in a rut without any help to get you back out. Good going (Y/n). Ya did darn diddly good right there. You couldn't even bother to smile at your own half-assed joke.

You were slowly nodding off, but before you were able to close your eyes, you jolted yourself awake. I should get medicine for my headache, but I don't want to wake Medic. I can't deal with his bull crap today. I'll just sleep it off. You didn't dwell on it and made your way back to your room, shuffling as if your legs were stiff.

You silently opened your door and entered your room, closing it behind you and falling face-first into your sheets. You spent a long time trying to get comfortable, but just when you had it just right, there was a loud knock at your door.

"BREAKFAST, MAGGOT!" You covered your ears as you heard Soldier shout through your door. It left a ringing sound that had your head pounding, each thump brought a wave of pain to wash over your brain. Today was certainly not your day. You reluctantly got up and made your way into your bathroom. A dull ache settled over your chest. It was close to making you nauseous, but not enough to vomit, thankfully.

Out of fear of what the others would think of your rat's nest, you combed through your hair and winced every time it ran into a particularly stubborn tangle. Your arms felt weak as you continued on. Your whole body was noticeably weaker.

You tried splashing water on your face for the second time that morning only to see that it highlighted the bags under your eyes and your pale skin. You walked to your door with the floor slightly creaking under you. Shaking yourself like a wet dog in an attempt to wake yourself up, you opened the door to join the others.

You forced your legs to move like you were actually walking. Thankfully, you didn't look too out of place with the other tired members of your team. The table was already set up with pancakes and bacon, but you weren't feeling hungry right now.

Without saying hello or good morning, you sat down and looked at your plate. Some cheerful conversation started between Scout and Spy. Well, Scout was excited and Spy looked like he wanted to shout the Bostonian up. Seeing the "bored out of his mind" look on Spy made you half-smile, but it quickly vanished as others sat down as well. You slid a pancake and a couple of slices of bacon onto your plate, but didn't consider really eating them. You knew you should so it could help with your strength, but the thought of chewing anything made you want to gag.

You felt some glances at you every now and again, but you paid them no mind. If they actually wanted to speak to you, they would. Right now, you were perfectly content with being ignored. Unfortunately, the Engineer had other plans.

"So," he clapped a hand on your shoulder as he sat down. "Did'ya finish your math work?"

"Yep," you croaked, the sound of your defeated voice almost scaring you. It surprised Engie, because his brows furrowed. Why didn't I think to warm up my voice so I don't sound this bad?

"Darlin' you look sickly. How late did you stay up last night? Do I need 'ta get Doc?" He asked, his southern drawl laced with concern. In response to the thought of help, your head pounded some more like a bass drum.

"Uhm, no. I'll be alright. I'm just tired, Engie." Engie seemed to be taken aback at your using his name. Usually, you didn't do that. There's a lot of new things goin' on today.

"I still think he should have a look at you. You can't be feelin' too good."

"Alright, you know best. I will after breakfast." You just wanted him to get off of your back. It feels wrong to admit that, but it was true. Despite how much he wanted you to feel better, right now you couldn't care less about it.

Seemingly content, he smiled and started talking to Pyro. There was no way you could figure out what they were saying. You turned your attention to your pancakes. You cut a piece off of the fluffy bread-thing and brought it up to your mouth only to put it down in disgust. Food just seemed unnatural right now and made you cringe. You did drink from your glass, however. The water seemed to cool your throat as you drank it.

People finished eating quicker than you anticipated. They stood up and put away their dishes, leaving you sitting in your seat with your uneaten, depressed pancakes. It was when you felt someone walk up behind you that you bothered to get up. It was Medic, and he looked stern as ever. What joy, oh what fun this day shall be. He watched you sigh and place your food in the garbage and the plate in the dishwasher. When you came back to look up at him, he spoke.

"Vhy didn't jou eat?" He asked, his expression only showing mild concern as his hands were brought behind his back. Everything about you just irritates me sometimes. "Do you feel ill?" You decided to be honest. There was no way you could get through today with this headache.

"I do, actually, uhm, I didn't sleep well and I have a pretty bad headache," you answered, glancing around and shifting before looking up at him. He seemed mildly surprised to find you actually answering him today.

"Vell, just follow me to zhe MedBay and ve can get you zhe medicine jou need." He turned and waved a hand for you to follow him. You didn't feel like saying anything else, so you tried your best to match his pace.

When you both entered the MedBay doors, Archimedes wasted no time in landing on your left shoulder. The room was still fairly clean from when you and Sniper scrubbed it down, and you smiled at the memory. Medic turned his head back to look at you two and simply looked away without a comment. He motioned for you to stop and you lifted a weak arm to stroke the dove's head. It lovingly pressed itself against you and cooed. Aw, cute.

Medic brought back some pills for your headache and a small cup of water. You thanked him, gently grabbing the medicine and water from him. He simply watched you take the medicine, which you could have deemed as a little weird, but to be honest what else would he do? There'd be no use making a huge fuss over it.

That seems to be what you do a lot huh? When you were finished, he took the empty cup from you and tossed it in the trash. Archimedes cooed and flew off. It was quiet for a bit, but it wasn't exactly uncomfortable. Besides, Medic looked like he was thinking about something important, and you didn't want to disturb him.

Then, Medic turned to speak to you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 4.2K 21
You've lived with the mercenaries for 5 years now. Everything seems normal. Until one day, everyone was acting weird. What was it? What's with this...
2.2K 120 28
Everyone sees me as a kind, smart, shy man. They think I'm pure. They think I'm good. They have no idea who I am. They want what they see, not whats...
16.4K 313 14
Which man will you choose? Nine different men to choose from in this adventurous novel. Read and hopefully enjoy...
41.6K 1.5K 11
When Mann Co runs out of money, how will our favorite group of crazed men survive? Why, by getting REAL jobs, of course! ~ Hello there. Team Fortress...