Mr. Popular [On-Going]

By KP_UnaH

"What do you mean you hate me and do not care about my popularity?" "Let's just say that not everyone loves y... More

INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1 - Everyday life
Chapter 2 - Mistake
Chapter 3 - Detention
Chapter 4 - Second Move
Chapter 5 - Suspended
Chapter 6 - Solution
Chapter 7 - Moving in
Chapter 8 - Back in school
Chapter 9 - Locked up
Chapter 10 - Forever Enemies
Chapter 11 - Getting to know you
Chapter 12 - Just a playmate
Chapter 13 - Bubble Tea
Chapter 14 - Hideout
Chapter 15 - Upset
Chapter 16 - Hide and go Kiss
Chapter 17 - The maknae
Chapter 18 - Almost
Chapter 19 - Yura
Chapter 20 - Ahn Hee Ji
Chapter 21 - Clubs
Chapter 22 - President
Chapter 23 - Sing for you
Chapter 24 - Mrs. Park
Chapter 25 - Starstruck
Chapter 26 - Guilty
Hello
Chapter 27 - Apology
Chapter 28 - Frenemies
Chapter 29 - Confession
Chapter 30 - Back
Chapter 31 - Leave me alone
Chapter 32 - Revelation
Chapter 33 - Joshua
Chapter 34 - Childhood Bestfriend
Chapter 35 - First Move
Chapter 36 - Second Move
Chapter 37 - Girl Training
Chapter 38 - Date Gone Wrong
Chapter 39 - Fourth Move
Chapter 40 - Your Own Trainer
Chapter 41 - Cooling Off
Chapter 42 - Beach
Chapter 43 - Fun Together
Chapter 44 - Friendly Date
Chapter 45 - Goodbye
*sighs*
Chapter 46 - Foundation Night
Chapter 47 - Bloody Tigers Gang
Chapter 48 - Dark Wolves Gang
Chapter 50 - Back To Normal
Chapter 51 - Feelings
IMPORTANT NOTE
Chapter 52 - Role Play
Chapter 53 - Cancelled
Chapter 54 - Letting Go
Chapter 55 - Escaped
Chapter 56 - Birthday
Chapter 56 - Second Round
Chapter 57 - Comeback / Girlfriend
Chapter 58 - Answers
A/N
A/N
Chapter 59 - Tripped
A/N
Chapter 60 - Catching Feelings
Chapter 61 - Catching Feelings Too
Chapter 62 - Un-Awkwarding
Chapter 63 - Girlfriend
Chapter 64 - Promises
Chapter 65 - Confused
Chapter 66 - A Shoulder To Cry On
Chapter 67 - Confess
Chapter 68 - Hug
Chapter 69 - Collaboration
Chapter 70 - Risks
Chapter 71 - Plan B
Chapter 72 - Resort
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75 - Wish
Chapter - 76
Chapter 77 - The one I love
Chapter 78
Chapter 79 - I love you too
Chapter 80 - Goodnight
Quick Note
EPILOGUE

Chapter 49 - Safe now

46 1 0
By KP_UnaH

Jihyun's POV

What's this?

I'm awake...

I'm alive.

My eyes went open, little by little as my senses one by one woke up.

"Jihyun??" I heard someone call.

My eyes fully opened, and right in front of me is Baekhyun. His eyes were teary as he grinned at me. "Jihyun, you're awake!" he exclaimed as he dove in to give me a tight hug.

When he pulled away, I looked around the place. But the smell of the current vicinity I am in was enough to let me know.

"Am I...?" I trailed off.

"In the hospital," Baekhyun continued for me. "Do you remember how you ended up here?"

"I got shot," I answered, sighing a bit. "I wasn't supposed to be... My plan was just to push Chanyeol out of the way," I added.

"You stupid girl," Baekhyun chuckled, raising his arm up to wipe away the tears that formed with his sleeves. "Sometimes, I don't know if you're smart or not. You got us all worried sick."

"I'm sorry... How long was I unconcious?"

"Three and a half days," he answers. "I'm so glad you already woke up."

I smiled and reached out for his hand. "Everything is fine now..."

He stared at me for a while then down to my hand. Sighing, he caressed it with his hand. "I cannot help but feel so secured now that Youngjae's behind bars," he said.

"It just serves him right. Even though we cannot blame him because he did lose his parents. It's quite hard to stand on your own."

Then I remembered Chanyeol and Sehun. Those two were more injured than we are.

"Baekhyun," I called out. "Where are the others?"

"They are outside, do you want me to call them?"

I nodded then watched Baekhyun make his way out of the room. Then a few seconds later, the door slammed open and the boys came running in.

"Jihyun!!" they all cried at the same time which I don't know if I should laugh or just feel so good about that. But I did both.

"How are you feeling?"

"Are you hungry??"

"Youngjae's in jail now!!"

"We have to celebrate your awakening."

"You guys really are the sweetest," I told them. The look on their faces made me feel so happy now. Gone was the tension, the worry and fear we always possessed. Now we can all sleep and move in peace. "Sehun, how are you?" I asked.

He smiled at me. There were still a few bruises on his face. "Much better."

"How about Chanyeol? Where is he??" I questioned.

"He's still taking some rest. Unfortunately, his body got completely maxed out that night. He can barely walk at this moment. But don't worry, aside from that he is fine," answered Lay.

My heart plummeted on that one. Though I already expect it by judging the situation that Chanyeol was in that night.

I tried sitting up, it was sort of painful but I can handle it. Then we talked for some more and after that, the rest left because according to Baekhyun they are suffocating me. Sehun's response was...

"Just admit you want to have some alone time with her, hyung."

And Baekhyun's face went beet red. Also, they are bringing food so all of us can eat here, including Chanyeol.

I sighed as I leaned back on the cushioned headboard.

"I can now finally take you out on dates, have lots of fun with you without worrying that much... I can now continue being your suitor."

I cannot help but blush at his words. This guys really knows the right words to say to women. "You never stopped being one," I said.

"What I meant is..." he trails off, finding the right words to explain his thoughts.

I chuckled, "I know what you meant. And you don't need to change anything that happened in the past."

His brows furrowed. "You don't want to be taken out on dates??"

"It's not like that," I laughed. "What I meant is you did more than what I expected despite the danger we were all into. To be honest, I expected nothing at all because I know you would surely meet those. Thanks a lot, Baekhyun."

He smiled and caressed my hand gently. "Anything for you, Jihyun."

"I just need a bit more time. I really want my feelings to right and just when I answer you," I told him.

"I'm not rushing anything, so don't you worry."

"Even if it takes years?"

"Centuries if you want."

"We're gone maybe even before we could reach a century."

He rolled his eyes and replied, "I know, Jihyun. Can't you just feel flattered?"

"I was just messing with you," I chortled lightly with a small smirk.

"Oh," he utters, letting go of my hand and walking to the other side of the room. "I almost forgot something. If I've completely forgotten he'd kill me."

"Forgotten what?" I asked, yet received no answer. Nevertheless, he'd tell me later on anyways.

Then Baekhyun walked back with a piece of folded paper in his hand. He reached it out to me as he sat back at the corner of the bed.

I took it and looked down to see what was written.

"'I'm sorry'?" I uttered out the words written. I looked up at Baekhyun in confusion. What is he to be sorry for.

Still, I opened the folded piece of paper that held a right amount of message inside.

Jihyun.

I am sorry for being such a coward I never got to tell you things I have wanted to. I am sorry for being unable to help you even before things started getting worse.

Yes, I am Youngjae's cousin. But I never knew that his revenge would be this horrible. And I never knew you were the victim. I am sorry if I lied, if I left you confused without any answers. I feel like a very bad friend - the worst friend in the world... You don't deserve someone like me, Jihyun.

Don't worry, I will be gone now. I have decided to fly back to America. See how fearful I am? I just don't want to stay there and have you acting so different with me because of that night.

I know your response, "Nothing would be different." You probably would still treat me the same way you used to.  Which is why I think you really don't deserve a friend like me. You are too kind... It hurts. I am sorry, Jihyun. I could apologize a million times to you whether you'd like it or not.

Meeting you again was like such a blessing. You never know how much I missed you and looked back to the memories we've had since we were kids. And I'd love to create new memories with you. I really hope that you'd still take me in as a friend... I'll be back after building up some courage, I need loads of it.

Once again, I am sorry. And I want to tell you how much I love you, my childhood best friend.

Until we meet again.

-Joshua.

I wiped away the tears that formed in my eyes, the movement actually causing one to fall. And with the letter was a picture. A picture of us when we were kids which made me shed few more tears.

"I... He's never been a bad friend..." I sniffed. "He just cannot speak for what's right... And he decided to leave, that guy really..." I forced out a laugh.

Baekhyun went beside me and patted my shoulder comfortingly. "Want me to keep that for you?"

I nodded and handed him the paper along with the photograph. "Thank you," I uttered to him.

A few minutes after, the rest came in and we all started to eat. Suho was the one who pushed Chanyeol who's on his wheelchair and we all ate the meals cooked by D.O., Heeji and Lay happily.

"Finally, all our worries are over," Heeji sighs.

"No it isn't. You never know the other possible troubles you could encounter in life," D.O. says.

"Oh please don't ruin the mood," Chen tells the younger and the latter frowned.

"I am not ruining anything."

"You guys have a lot of things to catch up with at school though," I chuckled.

Chanyeol scoffs, turning to me with gravy and crumbs of chicken on the side of his lip. "For your information, Jeon, you are included. It is a school day today and you are not there."

"I know that, Chanyeol and please don't call me that," I replied, involuntarily shivering. I feel like it will take a while until I get used by being called my last name again. Curse Youngjae for making it seem bad for me.

"But that's like a recipe of one of our fights. I calm you Jeon then you call me Park then I will question why you did and you'll respond that I called you by your last name first."

"Just go eat your chicken and wipe you face. You look like a kid," I told him.

Heeji laughed and went over to wipe away the mess on Chanyeol's face.

Was that necessary? I mean... Chanyeol had hands of his own.

Well he is holding his plate.

But still...

Why am I having a mental debate??

It startled me the smallest bit when Heeji turned to me. I just smiled and she returned it.

---------

"If you want you can go home and Judy return in the morning," I told Baekhyun who's currently busy grabbing a pair of pajama and his towel.

"Nope. I will be sleeping here."

"But you might not be comfortable."

"I'm the most comfortable, Jihyun," he replies. "Especially with you."

I rolled my eyes, yet still smiled. This guy is just so corny sometimes. "Go take a bath then."

"Yes I will. Then you'll be left stinking here while I am all fresh from the bathroom," he sing-sanged as he made his way to the bathroom.

"I don't care," I replied as I joined is little sing-songing.

"Uh-huh. Because I would still love you no matter what."

"Go take a bath now!" I hissed at him. He laughed and entered the bathroom, throwing me a flying kiss as I playfully swatted it away.

A few moments after, the door opened making me preen on my bed.

"Chanyeol?"

He grinned and shut the door behind him. "Hey there."

My brows furrowed as he limped his way towards me. "Are you crazy? Why aren't you on your wheelchair??"

"I can handle," he answered.

"So... Why are you here?" I asked then quickly smirked. "You missed me, didn't you??"

"I'm all alone in my room, Jihyun. And as if," he scoffed.

I laughed and shook my head. Looks like we're back on bickering 24/7 again.

"...But yeah... I missed you."

My smile faltered as I looked up at him. Withiut knowing why, my little heart did something.

His smile was small yet sincere. "I missed times like these... Now we won't have to worry hard like before."

"Yeah..." I sighed out.

"When are you planning to go back to on school?"

the doctor says."

"I thought you'd say never."

"I think you'd say never," I retorted. "I want to get out of here as soon as possible."

"Of course you do," he chuckled. "That's the goody-good shoes you are."

"Hey... I am not that good."

"Oh really?" he asks and challengingly raises one brow at me.

I was just about to reply something when his watch started beeping.

"I need to go back now. I have some medicines to drink."

I nodded. "Go ahead. Do you want me to help you up?"

"In that situation? No thanks, we'll both end up to the floor," he snorts and pushed himself off my bed. I just watched as he made his way towards the door and waved a bit at me.

"Good night, Jihyun."

I smiled. "Good night, Chanyeol."

He grins and closes the door behind him.

I fell back into the bed with a sigh. I closed my eyes at the feeling of drowsiness and drifted to sleep with a smile on my face.

We're safe now.

--------------------------

Sorry if it's a bit too short guys. Be back soon with the next chapter!

Love lots!

R.E.T. ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 116K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
261K 8.4K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
1M 55.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
670K 41K 105
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...