Reign | Dark #1 (18+)

By sarassxi_

My eyes rake up and down her body as if I can see through her clothing. My lips curled up into a feral smile... More

01. MEETING THE HUNTERS
02. MISSION
03. GIVING TASTE
04. TEARS
05. KIDNAPPED
06. IANDRAZE, KING OF VAMPIRES
07. FIRST PLEASURE
08. NON-NEGOTIABLE ADJUSTMENT
09. IT JUST THE BEGINNING
10. CUTTING OFF TIES
12. QUEEN RIVAL
13. THE ALLIANCE MEETING
14. MAKING LOVE
15. HOW IT WORKS
16. WITNESSING THE CRUELTY
17. THE KING'S JEALOUSY
18. THE LOVER FROM THE PAST
19. MYSTERY
20. THE KINGDOM OF LYCANS
21. HARDER, LITTLE MATE!
22. THE ROYAL BREAKFAST
23. AUSTIN, PRINCE OF LYCANS
24. RIGHTFULLY HIS
25. WORTH FIGHTING FOR
26. KNOW
27. THE INVITATION
28. ELOISA, QUEEN OF FIRE FAERIES
29. LONGING
30. A SHEWOLF WAS WITH US ALL THESE TIME
31. THE PREDESTINED
32. THE SECOND MEETING

11. CLOSEST TO ANIMALS

844 118 44
By sarassxi_

Feigh

I woke up with a heavy heart and the worst headache I've ever had. I sat bolt upright and regretted it immediately as a surge of pain shot through my skull. Clamping both hands on my head, massaging it gently to push the pain aside but failed. The pain was intense. I decided to lay down my head on the bed again. My hands were clenching the sheets in a steely grip.

I yelped in surprise, engrossed to wrapped the sheets tightly around me as I heard a clicks of heels against the concrete path through where I was.

I let out a sigh of relief as a young woman entered the bedroom. It was Lilli. "My Lady, did I disturbed you?"

I reassured her, "No! Please call me Feigh. Lady Feigh or My Lady are a bit of a mouthful,"

"I don't think, King Iandraze will be happy to hear that if I addressed you with your first name, Lady Feigh," she mumbled as she looked at the floor.

"Then you can call me Feigh when we're alone. Please!" I told her as she twisted her hands together while looking down. She nodded after a few moments of contemplative silence.

"Anyway, you don't have to watch me all night when I'm sleeping,"

"King Iandraze instructed me to watch you because he told me that you will be awake in a moment and ordered me to deliver some medication for a hangover," she pointed to the small basket of pills for the hangover on the counter. "King Iandraze has already had clothing and supplies delivered for you. Once you feel better, I will show you to your new closet King Iandraze had installed on the other side of this room. I will help you get change from now on,"

Without thinking, I snorted. "You don't have to do that. I can take care of myself. You can wait for me in the living room. I'm just going to take a shower," she nodded without another word as she slipped out.

I took the pills and made my way to the bathroom, humming contentedly to myself, as the water pounded into my skull, I realized I didn't slip out of my clothes. Oh my God! I was naked. I don't remember I slept naked.

Shivering, I remembered I was at the Grand Hall and there was an event and Candice. Candice was with me... how the hell I end up here?

Slowly, the piercing pain in my head began to recede a little and the memories of the event started to trickle back into my consciousness. Fuck! I got drunk and... and Draze, he said he'll mate with me. Oh my God! Did it really happen? Or am I just hallucinating? It seemed so, but the images and words were there all right, however, it's a little jumbled. I need to find Candice and just ask her.

As I finished with my routine, I wore a white gossamer sundress, a black cardigan and a pair of black sandals. How did they know my sizes?

That doesn't matter right now, I forced myself to stay on task.

I crossed the living room and I saw Lilli who walked over towards me. "My Lady — err...Feigh, I am here to accompany you wherever you go, that's King Iandraze order," she twisted her hands together again. I smiled and nodded my head to reassure her that I was fine with it.

"I'm going to see Candice," I said and she gave me a small smile as she followed me through the familiar passageway where Candice suite was located, my head was pacing around studying the building attentively. A multi-storied atrium housing apartments caught my eyes, I spun to face Lilli, "Lilli, how many exactly Vampire were living here?"

"I'm not sure, Feigh. I heard it's about thousands of Vampires and thousand of humans as well,"

Okay, I might as well just ask Draze for a specific answer. If I was really going to live here, I need to do some research.

Hah! Why would I do that anyway? Never mind that.

We reached Candice's suite, I knocked on the two large doors. It only took a second for Candice to open it wide. She threw her arms around me, and hug me to suffocate me, I guess. "Uh, Candice. Remember that I'm a human, I couldn't for the life of me to survive a tighter and firmer hugs from a Vampire."

She giggled and let go. "I'm so sorry! I've been wanting to find you but Draze didn't allow me to step outside of my suite especially near the Council Room where the Vampires still have their Alliance Meeting. He even had some Knights guarding my suite." She rolled her eyes. "How are you here?" She asked me. Confused. I threw her a question instead of answering, "Why? Am I not allowed to—" I was cut off because of her demeanor, she was looking behind me and then said, "Ooh,"

I turned around to look for the reason of her reasonableness behavior. But found nothing. She ushered me inside. And even she didn't acknowledge Lilli, Lilli followed me inside.

We settled down on the large sofa, while Lilli was standing and her eyes were looking down. I asked Candice, "Can I let her sit?" Candice nodded and pats the couch, I stared at Lilli and she immediately took her seat.

We talked about what happened last night. And my mouth was stuck in a surprised 'o'. "Anyway, I think you just have to ask Draze about your mating sessions with him. I wanted to show you something, Feigh," she tugged me along through the back door of her suite and we silently walked through the well-worn path of unfamiliar hallway and Lilli followed us without a word. "Where are we going, Candice?"

"I want you to meet some of my friends," she giggled.

"You have friends?" I laughed as I said that.

"Of course. Da da daaaaaaan..." Candice threw her hip out and made a comical palms-up gesture as she said that towards the... grass? "Umm, errr.. where are they?"

"Ohh..." she placed her two fingers in her mouth and whistled loudly. Abruptly my attention had narrowed to the large elephants, more than one, they're four of them and tigers, lions and even monkeys. A cow, a goat, a pig, cats, and even a mouse? Wow, I haven't seen a cat and mouse get along together. Just wow! My eyes were huge and so was Lilli.

"Oh my God!!! Candice!!! Oh my God!!! I have no words!!! Are they yours? All of them? Oh, Candice, they all are so cute!!"

She giggled and laughed. "I know right. I'm glad, you like animals as well. Which one do you like? I could give you one as a token of our friendship. I rarely let go and gave away my friends but I know, you'll do good at petting animals," she clapped her hands and let me choose one.

I neared the animals one by one, they were so obedient and loving. I hadn't realized I got moisture from my eyes and immediately Candice hug me. "Hey! You okay?" I nodded and said, "I'm just so happy to see these animals had been taking good care by you, Candice." I sobbed. I was a freaking crybaby.

"Well, I have a particular favorite friend. Would you like to be introduced to them? They are family. So there's five of them."

I curtsied mockingly. "It will be such an honor to meet the Princess favored friend." Hah! I didn't stumble down. This is a great achievement for me. Prior to that. She laughed and nodded solemnly. She leads me to the friends of her and we sit on the grass, "Jamie, Jessica, Johnson, Jackson, and Jerna, please come forward. I would like you to meet my special friend here,"

Shocked was evident in my eyes as it widened. They were rats. Wow! A five rats with red eyes and white fur darted forward and reached Candice's hands.

"rats? Why? I mean, there's nothing wrong about them. I couldn't just believe it. I thought only Cinderella has a mouse friends." she laughed again and explained. "I was found by Draze the night our village was burned. And before the tragic event, I and my family were having our breakfast very early in the morning. My father always tend to save some of our foods for rats. My mother always gets mad about it and my sister asked him why, why would he do that? Why would he save some for the useless and gross rats. My father just smiled at us and said, "because every time your Mother gets pregnant, the child won't survive during the first month of pregnancy. However, you two survive because you were both born in the year of rats. So was I and your mom."

"I didn't know we were a family of rats," she laughed and cried. I immediately wrapped my arms around her shoulders. "My big sister, actually save me from fire. I was supposed to get burned but my father called all his rats friends, it's more than a hundred of them. I was horrified at the moment as my whole body immediately wrapped by them. And so was my sister Anna, however, when she was about to step out from our burning house, she looked back at me and I can't move because I was still filled with horror of the hundred of rats wrapping my body and slowly got burned because of fire. My sister came back for me, grab me and carried me out of the burning house. The moment we finally got out, my sister hit the ground and got my attention into her body, she was burned because the rats around her was already got burned because of coming back for me," she wringer her hands in front of her eyes and sob incoherently.

I didn't know that even a hundred years ago worst nightmare will still haunt you. Of course they are Candice family. Even though I do not know the feeling of missing your family because I never had one, still I can feel her pain.

After a moment of sobbing and hugging Candice, she wiped her tears and laughed at me. "Look at us," she waved her hand in the air. "Anyway have you choose?" I smiled at her and nodded. I stoop and neared the animal and spread my arms in a ta-daaa gesture. She laughed, "A goat? I thought you would choose a puppy or a cat. Tell me, we're you born on the year of goat?" I shook my head. "Nope, I was born on the year of Rabbit. But you do not have any rabbit here, so I chose goat."

"Any particular reason, Feigh?" she asked me. And again, I shook my head. "Nah! I just felt that goat will be just fine to pet."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

259 30 12
"Shit" I swore holding my nose, it seemed broken and the effect of our collision drew some blood. "Gosh, I'm so sorry" a soft feminine voice apologiz...
3.9M 145K 60
Life Lesson #1: If you are planning on going to a nightclub in the middle of sketchy, dark woods, don't. Life Lesson #2: If there are too many attr...
394K 12K 51
UNEDITED/poorly written when I was younger (needs severe editing) "Becky, I'm scared! Someone's following me and I don't think I can make it home! Pl...
98.4K 5.4K 30
She got me into this mess. She had to play around and get us both captured. That stupid fucking vampire. My pack will notice that I'm gone. But these...