Newt x Reader - The Heart

By aerovxoid

After getting out of the maze alongside your brother and close friend, you cant trust anyone, especially afte... More

DISCLAIMER
Safe Haven.
Is this safe haven really safe?
Is This Safe Haven Really Safe? (pt.2)
The Escape
Shuck Minho
Dont Touch Me
Cranks
A/N
Because of Me
Goodbye
Jorge and Brenda
Hang Tight
A/N
A/N
Thoughts
Party Of The Living Dead
Bertha
The Right Arm
The Attack
A/N
IMPORTANT
The Attack
The Rescue
A/N
Hes Not Here
I got tagged
End It That Way Too
5k special????
gimmie some questions
Long Ride
Flashback
Whats so Funny?
im bad at this.
Bastard
10K!!!❤
Pinkie Promise
Miss Me?
The Inevitable
im a mess rn
Finding A Way
-Thank you-
New Book
TikTok
Im Sorry
Editing/Revising

Old Friend

5.6K 105 47
By aerovxoid

Present Day:

I am practically thrown out of the car as soon as it stops. I fall on my arm causing me to scream through gritted teeth. I look around and see everyone else ushered out of their cars. I turn my head behind me, causing me to pretty much flip my whole body over when I hear a loud thud. I get up slowly when I hear Jorge yell over and over again ‘Where is she!?’ As he repeatedly punches the guy that was in the trunk with him square in the face. I hear shuffling behind me and see Brenda and Newt running in my direction. Brenda passes me, clearly going to Jorge but Newt stops beside me as he quickly pulls me into a hug. Surprised by his action I dont hug back right away but am soon melting in his arms.

“I'm right here! I'm right here.” I hear Brenda say, trying to coax Jorge away from the man. Newt and I release each other, looking at each other before looking towards Brenda and Jorge. When Jorge notices Brenda he releases the kidnapper and stands, hugging Brenda tightly. I smile slightly at this but my smile soon drops as I hear a voice.

“Everyone relax, were on the same side here.” I hear a muffled voice say. Newt and I turn around towards the source of the sound and see a guy wearing a gas mask clearly the one that talking. We both walk towards Thomas, stopping by his side as we look at who I infer as the leader of this kidnap group.

“What do you mean the same side, who the hell are you?” Thomas says as he forces his way out of someone's grasp, slightly walking closer to the man. Uncomfortable silence fills the air as the man looks at Thomas for a while before reaching for his mask to take it off. When he does I can see Thomas tense beside me causing me to furrow my brows. I look at Newt and see in his eyes a hint of sadness but anger at the same time swirling in them, causing me to furrow my brows more.

Do they know this guy?

My answers are finally answered when the man breaks the silence. “Hey Greenie” he says causing me to furrow my brows more.

“Greenie? Wait isn't that one of your guys’ maze talk?” I say to no one in particular, I frown slightly when everyone pretty much ignores my pending question.

“Gally?”

Gally… Where have I heard that name.

It all clicks as soon as Thomas lunges at the man who is now known as Gally. Thomas punches Gally square in the face causing him to fall to the ground. Thomas jumps on him and prepares another hit as he clenches his fist. The others point guns at us all at Thomas’ reaction causing Newt to lunge at Thomas and grab his wrist before he can do anything.

“Stop, its alright, its alright.” I hear Gally tell his fellow companions.

“Tommy, stop.” Newt tells Thomas, trying to coax him away from Gally, but Thomas won't budge.

I can hear Thomas’ voice breaking a little as he says. “He killed Chuck.” That sentence alone causes my heart to slightly break asnI remember the story Thomas told me about Chuck and the child killer. Turns out that child killer was Gally.

“I know, I know, I remember, I was there to.” Newt starts, “but I also remember, that he was stung and half out of his mind.” Newt finishes his sentence. I can see Newt whispering to Thomas, but I can't make out any words. Thomas finally pushes himself off of Gally. Newt walks back beside me as Gally stands up, touching his jaw a little bit after the punch. I can see a bruise already beginning to form.

“Kinda had that coming.” He starts, “anyone else? Newt, Fry?” He asks, clearly joking but at the same time not.

“You know this guy?” Jorge asks, no one in particular. Fry nods slightly before answering.

“He was an old friend.”

I slightly walk towards Gally, causing Newt to grab my wrist and slightly hold me from going any closer. “This is the child killer? The one who killed Chuck in your Maze?” I ask Thomas as I look at him. Thomas nods slowly causing me to whip my head back around to look at Gally, the child killer. I send him death glares before scoffing and turning back and walking beside Newt. After a while, Newt answers pending question number 2.

“How is this even possible? We watched you die.” Newt says bluntly, looking at Gally for answers.

“No you left me to die” he says, emphasizing the 'you’ in that sentence. “And if we hadn't found you when we did, you would be dead right now.” Gally says, matter-of-factly causing me to roll my eyes slightly.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Gally asks us. “Minho, WICKED has him here, were looking for a way in.” Newt says, a hint of sorrow shown in his voice. No matter how much he tries to hide it, I can see Newts slightly broken without Minho.

“I can help with that” I hear Gally say, causing me to shake away my thoughts. “Follow me” Gally says as he turns on his heels and begins to walk away.

“were not going anywhere with you.” Thomas says as he slightly walks away from us. Thomas’ statement causes Gally to stop in his tracks and turn and look at us.

“Suit yourself.” Gally starts, “But I can get you through those walls.” Newt and I look at each other before diverting our eyes towards Thomas.

“Thomas, I get why you don't want to go. But this is Minho, we came all this way and we're not turning back until we have him, or at least i'm not.” I tell him as I begin to walk with Gally, following him down a long staircase. Not long after I start walking I hear footsteps shuffling quickly towards me. I turn around and see Thomas, Newt and Fry right behind me, following my steps, not far behind them I see Brenda a Jorge following along as well. I am brought out of my thoughts when I hear Gallys voice bouncing off the loud walls, making an echo.

“After the maze I got picked up by a group, headed to the city. They realized I was immune, patched me up, and brought me here. This groups been at war with WICKED ever since they took control of the city. But WICKED cant hide behind those walls forever. The days gonna come where they pay for all they have done.” Gally finishes, the information he told me still seeping into my brain, trying to understand all of it, but for some reason my brain is dazed. Its as if im frozen in time and all I feel is anger, but the feeling soon dispurses when I feel someone shake my shoulder. I look up and see Newt looking at me with a concerned face.

“You okay there, love?” I look at his chocolate brown eyes, my heart melting at the nickname her gave me.

Love.

I nod before following everyone else down more stairs and into a room filled with different plants and vases, in the far corner amidst the darkness, a figure stand there repeatedly saying, 'Rose took my nose, I suppose’ as if its a song lyric he cant get out of his head.

“Gally.” A voice says. “Glad to see you made it back, Jasper told me what happened” the man says. I notice he is attached to an IV, that was feeding him this blue liquid from it.

“It was a slaughter, there was nothing we could do against those guns.” Gally replies, a hint of sadness apparent in his voice.

“No,” Vince starts, “but they can only poke the hornet's nest for so long, before they get stung.” He finishes, bringing a red rose that he had just freshly picked up to his nose a taking a big, crackly wiff. “Now, who are these people? Why are they here?” The man asks, placing the flower back in the pot, making it lie on its side.

“We need to get into WICKED, Gally said you could get us through those walls.” Thomas responds, stepping beside Gally, leaving the rest of us behind him. The man looks at Thomas for a few seconds, causing a uncomfortable silence to fill the air, making my hands clammy and a little sweaty.

“Gally should know not to make promises that he can't keep.” The man says, grabbing a walking cane that was previously leaning against a table. “Besides,” he starts again “that wall is only half your problem. Getting inside WICKED is impossible.” The man says, walking closer to Thomas and Gally.

“We may have a way in now. But it doesn't work without Thomas.” Gally says, causing all eyes to be on him. I squint my eyes closed slightly as slight pain erupts in my left shoulder. Where I was bitten. I grab onto it and roll my shoulder back, trying to make the feeling go away. I try to be discrete about my sudden shoulder pain but, I know Newt was walking me carefully.

“Is that so?” The man says, this time coming much closer to Thomas and Gally to where his face is now in the light. My eyes widen slightly at the sight of him. He hands are covered in what looks like his own bacterial infection build up, along with some lining his face. His face and hands are covered in veins, with a very unnatural color in them, as if they had been dyed the darkest purple you can imagine. His nose, bitten clean off, by what I infer as a crank.

“You know what I am?” The man starts again causing my thoughts to disperse. “I'm a businessman” he whispers into Thomas’ ear, meaning they are really close. “Which mean that I don't take unnecessary risks. Why should I trust you?” he asks, finally backing away from Thomas slightly.

“Because I can help you.” Thomas says, “if you can get me through those walls, I'll get you what you need.” Thomas finishes.

“What is it, that you think I need?” The man asks, his voice sounding sorta offended, but also hopeful.

“Time.” Thomas says, referring to the bliss that he's currently taking right now, to stay alive. “Every. Last. Drop.” Thomas says, stopping in between words. The mans laughs under his breathe a little. “Is that what I need.” The man says.

“WICKED has something we both want.” Thomas says, trying to convince him to agreeing to help us.

“I'll tell you what. Two can go for now. The rest stay here, with me.” He starts, “just a little insurance, to make sure you find your way back.” He says with a smile.

“We have a deal?” The man says, sticking his hand out in front of him, waiting for Thomas to shake.

Thomas confidently reaches out and shakes the man's hand, confirming the deal. The man laughs slightly under his breath before releasing Thomas’ hand.

“Gally,” the man starts “show them the way"

....

Sorry I havent updated in a few days but here you are! Hopefully you enjoyed I cant wait to write the next few chapters because they are goimg to be AWESOME! Also I posted a new story, its a Glenn Rhee x Reader, dont worry im definitely going to finish this one, I just needed another one to write after this one is done, if you are a fan of twd than go to my account and you should find it. Love you all btw because we just hit 6k and we are already so close to 7k and im so excited! I love you all a bunch!❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 3.1K 11
Second Book of His Glue!! Escaping the Maze was difficult, but surviving the Scorch will be nearly impossible. And with W.I.C.K.E.D after you, stayi...
234K 5.9K 17
When Gally gets left behind by the gladers, a group fighting against WCKD finds him and patches him up. In that group there's a girl, Finley, who's b...
89.4K 1.8K 34
Being the first girl in the maze came with its own set of challenges... Including falling in love with a boy, meeting old friends and saving the worl...
85.6K 2.6K 17
(This is the final book to my Newt x reader series. The first book is 'In These Walls' and the second is 'In the Scorch') According to WICKED, the tr...