problematic ➳ reddie

By definejarchie

don't read this if you don't wanna hate richie started / 20.1.18 finished / 2.7.2020 More

prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
123 (old readers, this is a new chapter!)
124
125
im an idiot

122

3.7K 178 586
By definejarchie

August age 23 -24

"We're so sorry we're late" Beverly sighed as she took of her shoes, holding her other hand on Ben's shoulder for balance.

"It's totally okay" Richie smiled while looking at his two friends. "We didn't even get to start eating. The pork's still simmering."

"Oh good" Bev smiled and straightened her posture and glanced behind Richie at rest of their friends. Stan was talking with Mike while Eddie, Bill and Carol were chatting about how amazing it was that Richie and Eddie were going to a gala.

"Bevvie!" Eddie squealed as he saw the red haired woman in the hall. He ran straight to her and wrapped his slim arms around Bev's neck. "I've missed you"

"You too bud" Bev kissed Eddie's head and separated from the hug to let Eddie pull Ben for a hug too and tell him how much he missed him too.

"I can't wait to hear about Europe" Eddie clasped his hands together and jumped in excitement.

"It was-"

"No! Save it for the dinner table!" Eddie sushed Ben and pulled both of them fully into the apartment, pass Richie who was smiling at the three.

"Hey you two!" Mike waved at the married couple and went in for a hug.

"Eds?" Richie said quietly to get Eddie's attention, which he did get. The smaller boy turned towards his fiance and quirked a brow. Richie nodded towards the side. Eddie walked to Richie and the taller one pulled them on the side.

"What's up?" Eddie looked up at Richie with concern.

"I uh..." Richie scratched his neck. "I just-"

"Eddie! The pork's done" Bill chirped from the kitchen, making both of the boys look at the brunette boy, who was lifting the lid off the pot and poke at the pork.

"Can this wait? Maybe after everyone's left? Or is it really important?" Eddie touched Richie's arm.

"Yeah, it can wait" Richie nodded and gave Eddie a small smile.

"Are you sure? I know you, Richie. And every time you say it can wait, you give me that little sad smile" Eddie poked Richie's chest with a little pout. "I don't want you to be sad"

"Hey, I'm not. I'm really not. It can honestly wait. I promise you. We'll discuss it later." Richie put his hands on Eddie's shoulders and kissed his fiance's forehead. "Okay?"

"Okay, but if you wanna talk about it, just take me aside and tell me." Eddie gave Richie a look before walking to the kitchen.

Richie looked after him for a while, until he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked to his side only to see Carol standing there with a concerned look. "Everything okay, big guy?"

"Yeah." Richie replied with a grin. "Big guy, huh...so...you've heard the rumors?"

Carol rolled her eyes and smacked Richie on the chest before walking to the dining table and sitting next to Mike, who was having an intense conversation with Stan about Queen.

"Come on Rich. The food's done" Ben waved over at the raven haired beauty, who smiled and walked to the dining table and took a seat next to Eddie's.
Speaking of, Eddie placed the steaming hot bowl of pulled pork in the middle of the table with oven mittens. He smiled as it was down on the table and took off the mittens. He sat down next to Richie and kissed his cheek out of the blue.

The eight friends began to eat and chatting in a comfortable state. And after a moment, Beverly glanced at Ben, who nodded and grabbed her hand.

"Guys?" Ben said aloud, catching everyone's attention and stopping that conversation they were having. Ben smiled and turned to Bev.

"As you know we were late for our flight but uhm...that's not the only thing we're late on..." Bev shared a look with everyone, a shy smile on her lips.

"Ohmygod!" Carol was the first one to jump up from her chair and pull Beverly for a hug.

"What? What's happening? Late on what?" Richie cocked a brow.

"The fuck is going on?" Stan looked at Bev and Carol who were hugging and crying.

"I wish I knew" Bill shrugged.

"Guys, they're having a baby" Mike smiled.

"Oh FUCK!" Richie yelped, but immediately smacked his palm over his mouth, looking hesitantly at Bev, who was now staring at Richie with a confused look.

"Sorry, am I allowed to yell that anymore? Can it hear me?" Richie whispered, making Eddie chuckle lightly and get up from his chair and walk over to Ben and Bev hugging them.

"It's fine, Richie. I doubt they're gonna remember that" Ben nodded.

"I'm sorry. I'm not very g-good at biology as y-you know..." Bill said nervously while hugging the two. "But congrats! That's amazing"

And as the night came, everyone expect Eddie and Richie were putting on their shoes and jackets, getting ready to leave.

"When's the baby coming?" Stan asked from Ben and Bev as he was waiting for Bill.

"Uhm...Wasn't it...some time in April.." Bev looked over at Ben, who nodded.

"Yup." Ben nodded and helped his wife to get up from putting on her shoes. "We'll call when it's happening."

"I can't wait." Eddie smiled and clasped his hands.

"Alright, guys...thanks for the food. It was amazing." Mike waved his hand, while opening the door for Carol. "We'll keep in touch"

"Hey hey hey! Group hug!" Richie rushed and pulled Bill under his other arm and Eddie on the other. The eight friends chuckled and hugged in a circle, foreheads brushing together.

"It was great seeing you guys again!" Carol grinned as they separated.

"Bye guys" Mike nodded and exited the apartment with Carol, Bill and Stan close after.

Now it was only Ben, Bev, Richie and Eddie left.

"You two..." Bev smiled sadly while running her hands on Eddie's and Richie's forearms. "How are you two? We didn't really get to get into your guys life on the table. Everything okay?"

"We're okay." Richie nodded.

"You sure?" Ben lifted a brow.

"Yeah. Same old same old"

"Okay...Call us anytime there's some dilemmas" Bev let go of the two and sent air kisses their way. "Bye."

"I'll walk you two out." Richie quickly slipped on his shoes and opened the door. "I'll be right back, Eds."

Eddie only nodded and turned around to clean the table as the three exited the apartment. They took the elevator downstairs to the lobby and stepped outside into the chilly air.

"I'll call a taxi" Ben said while digging his pockets for a phone.

Bev turned to Richie, who had put a cigarette between his chapped lips and was about to light it up. She lifted a brow as, making Richie stop trying to lit the cigarette.

"You want?" Richie asked, the cigarette bouncing on his lips.

"Dude, I'm pregnant." Bev gave him a death stare.

"So...can I smoke still?" Richie asked hesitantly, still not lighting up the cigarette.

"Go ahead, my man. I just thought you quit." Bev shrugged.

"Well I did but I attend to smoke when I'm stressed" Richie finally lit up the cigarette and inhaled the cancer roll. He grabbed it between his thumb and index finger, taking it out of his mouth and blowing out some smoke, through his nose and mouth.

"Does Eddie know?"

"No."

"That's why you wanted to walk us out?" Bev lifted a brow.

"Yeah...don't tell him. He's the reason I quit. Cause he asked me to" Richie said, embarrassment in his eyes. "I don't wanna disappoint him."

Bev gave him a sad look, before nodding slightly. "No, I won't tell him. Don't worry."

Richie smiled and looked onto the surprisingly quiet streets. "You're gonna be a mom, Bev."

"I know."

"I didn't take you as a mom person."

"I know. Me neither." Bev sighed a shaky breath. "I'm fucking scared."

"Why?" Richie turned to his best friend with a concerned look. "Giving birth?"

"Giving birth is the least of my concern. I'm scared I'm gonna be a shitty mom. Taking in the fact that I grew up without a mom. I have no idea how to be a parent." Bev brought her hand up to her face and wiped, what Richie assumed was a tear.

"Hey...you got Ben. And even though you never experienced the affection of a mom, I'm pretty sure you're gonna be a great mom. And you got us too. We'll help you" Richie assured and hugged Bev from the side.

"Thanks big bro" Bev stroked Richie's bicep. "Now step on the cigarette and go to your man."

Richie nodded and threw the cig on the ground, stomping his foot on it.

"Wait." Bev grabbed Richie's wrist and held him in place while rummaging through her purse only to take out a perfume bottle. She sprayed it on Richie and grabbed his chin, forcing Richie to open his mouth. He sprayed a little from a distance, so that some hit Richie's tongue, making him cough and spit.

"Thanks" Richie gave Bev finger guns, before running back inside.

As he entered the apartment, he saw the table all cleaned, the dishes resting in the dishwasher, which was slightly open, waiting to get turned on. Then he saw Eddie on the couch, laying on his stomach, legs bent and hands on his stomach.

Richie took off his shoes and walked to Eddie, looking down at him. Eddie smiled. So did Richie. The taller one bent down to kiss Eddie on the lips.

"You've smoked." Eddie sighed, still smiling after they separated from the kiss.

"I-"

"It's okay. I've been known for a while." Eddie nodded and got up. "And I get it cause you're stressed. But please try to stop. Yoga helps better than cigs."

Richie chuckled and wrapped his arms around Eddie's waist.

"So what'd you wanna talk about with me?" Eddie asked and placed his hands on Richie's chest.

Richie seemed confused for a second, but soon remembered his little nervousness before the dinner. "Oh yeah. Well...now that I think of it...It doesn't really matter but..."

"It's okay, you can tell me" Eddie assured and lifted his hands to cup Richie's cheeks. "I won't laugh."

"I'm just nervous about the gala." Richie sighed, blushing a bit.

"Why?" Eddie asked softly.

"I don't know, Eds...goddamn...can't a man be nervous without a reason?" Richie got uneasy and shifted on his feet.

"I know you don't like it when I care about you, but please just tell me what's wrong. It'll help, I promise." Eddie pulled Richie back and made him look into his eyes. "C'mon now. I'm listening. Chop chop."

"That army tone totally makes me less nervous right now" Richie smirked a bit.

"Shut up and tell me" Eddie scoffed.

"Eddie, I'm bringing you to a wolf cave! Imagine the interviews...they're all gonna ask about you..about us. About our relationship. They shove cameras into our faces and I know you get anxious around screaming people and a lot of flashes. They're gonna rip you apart" Richie frowned.

"Funny how you can be worried about me" Eddie chuckled carelessly. "I'll be fine. Yes, I'm nervous, but I'm sure we'll do just fine. I'll hold your hand the whole time."

"But that's the thing. They're gonna ask questions" Richie said frustrated.

"If they can't handle two grown men holding hands, then they can go eat their supper and think what really matters in their own life other than hating on gays." Eddie tip toed to kiss Richie in the corner of his mouth. "Is that all?"

"I did not know you could get any hotter" Richie hummed.

"Alright, keep it in your pants, captain. I'll go make some evening snack" Eddie grinned and turned around, walking in the kitchen.

"I don't know about you, but my evening snack just walked away from me" Richie sighed longingly after Eddie, crossing his arms, while staring at the back of Eddie's thighs and shins.

"For fucks sake. You're disgusting" Eddie scrunched his nose while opening the fridge.

"Hey! You like it when I-"

"Don't say it." Eddie warned Richie.

"Eat-"

"Richie!" Eddie made eye contact with Richie and gave him a stern look. "Don't you dare."

"You-"

"Why am I even trying?" Eddie shook his head and turned back to the fridge.

"Out." Richie finished his sentence. "Now was it so unbearable to hear?"

"I hate you so much" Eddie sighed.

-

Eddie rolled over in bed, looking up at the ceiling, hands resting on his heaving stomach. He opened his mouth to call out for Richie, but then decided against it. He closed his lips and had a long staring contest with the ceiling for at least ten minutes, until he whispered. "Richie? Are you awake?"

"I am now. What's up?" Richie's voice replied after a moment. His back was facing Eddie, as the smaller one turned on his side, looking how the moonlight ran over Richie's smooth skin.

Eddie didn't know what to say anymore, making Richie turn around, his bare chest nailing onto Eddie's eyes, making him quickly look up into Richie's eyes, since he knew his own weak spots.

"Hey..." Richie's soft voice said. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I'm fine, I just...It's not fair, you know?"

"No? No, I don't really know what you mean. What's not fair?" Richie cocked his other eyebrow.

"Ben and Bev. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for them, but...they just...have everything."

"Everything?"

"Yeah. They got married and now they're having a kid. Richie, we've been engaged for over...two years and we still haven't gotten married. Oh and don't even think about adopting kids for another...decade...We get called on streets for nothing more than touching the others shoulder." Eddie sighed shakily and turned back to the ceiling.

"Hey, Hey, Heeeeey!" Richie frowned and turned on the light on his nightstand. He rolled back to Eddie and leaned onto his other elbow, looking down at Eddie. "This is kinda the same thing you explained to me before. If they can't handle us being affectionate then they can go eat their supper and think what's good for them."

"It's not just that. I wanna get married and have a nice wedding. But we can never have that." Eddie whined. "Benefits of being gay, am I right?"

"No, you're not right. You just gotta be patient. Trust me." Richie grabbed Eddie's hands and kissed his fingertips.

Eddie sighed and looked how Richie left delicate pecks on his fingers. "But...I wanna have a family with you"

"And you will." Richie promised. "Get some sleep. My mother used to say that nothing good ever happens after two am."

Eddie glanced at the digital clock. 3.02am.

"You're right...yeah...Let's go to sleep." Eddie nodded and closed his eyes. He felt Richie leave a kiss on his forehead and move back on his own side.

"Richie?"

"Yes?"

"Can you spoon me?"

"Of course."

Richie rolled onto Eddie's side, wrapping his arms over Eddie's waist to hold onto Eddie's small hands. He kissed Eddie's shoulder and laid his head next to Eddie's. The brunette tangled his leg with Richie's and sighed in content, falling asleep peacefully next to the love of his life.

-

a/n I'm here and I'm queer, get used to it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 5.5K 18
𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐄𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐞'𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐑𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐭...
104K 4.7K 23
"you're an idiot, richard tozier." - ©jupiterzmoonz lowercase intended
690 24 7
[title will probably change. big wip] i'm here regardless of the pain, don't ever tell me to go away from you
595K 25.5K 28
❝ how do you manage to always hurt yourself? ❞ where richie constantly gives himself papercuts in class to get the shy boy's attention