Unforgotten - RomaCan

By rms_himmel

//completed// When Canada is chosen to be a spy for the Allies, he ends up falling for one of the Axis Powers... More

1 - Meetings Are A Mess
2 - America isn't to be Messed With
3 - Invading From The South
4 - Crushes and Acceptance
5 - More Meetings
6 - The Kind of Date
7 - Sleepover With Japan
8 - Italian Activities
9 - Italian Indruder
10 - More Messy Meetings
11 - Don't. Just Don't. Stop.
12 - Success And More Success
13 - An Actual Date This Time
14 - Bacon Sandwich Discussion
15 - Persuasion And Legalisation
16 - Planning To Get Prussia
17 - Family Gathering
18 - Card Games
19 - Day Out With The Nordics
20 - Meeting Time Again (Yay)
21 - Murderous Phone Call
22 - Glasses And Nicknames
23 - The Best By Far
25 - Road(Horse) Trip
26 - At Germany's House
27 - Unforgotten
Author's Note

24 - Waking Up

187 5 0
By rms_himmel

When I feel myself rock back into consciousness, it takes a moment to remember what happened and where the hell I am. And now I feel stupid for not immediately recognising the ceiling I've woken up to for over a month and even more before that.

I go to sit up, but am pushed back down again. I hear Romano whisper,

"He's awake. You can come in." Followed by a, slightly more muffled, voice saying,

"I'll be up in a bit."

"Are you using walkie talkies?" I question, propping myself up slightly.

"No! Definitely not!" Roma lies, probably trying to sound offended that I would even think such a thing.

"Sure."

"Are you feeling better by the way? It was quite nasty, you've been out for at least an hour, maybe more." He asks.

"Yeah, I think so. I mean, this is partially my own fault, its not all Cuba-"

"But mostly Cuba."

"Also America for pissing everyone off. And you for starting the whole thing." He finally admits defeat and starts to sulk.

"Stop acting like a child, you're older than me." I say, trying to make a joke.

"You were the one who spent hours asleep cuddling a god damn bear."

"Kuma is different, I'm allowed to hug him."

"Forget it, do you want a pizza?"

"Now you've said, yes please, I would love a pizza."

"Also, we're going on a road trip tomorrow by Italy's orders. He didn't say why, but I can guess." He says before walking away to get the food.

When he's gone, I literally just collapse. I'm still tired even after several hours of extra sleep, yet at the same time, I want to do something, why am I like this? My head still hurts as well, especially when I move.

I turn slightly to check the time. Apparently its seven pm. I'm tired. I want to go back to sleep. Can someone punch me again?

"Ciao Canada!"

I wince at the noise.

"Why are you so loud? Please. For one day. Be quiet." I complain. If you haven't guessed, I have a headache.

"Sorry! Do you want a painkiller? I'll go get one!" He panics before running off back downstairs.

He spends a while so I assume that he's talking to Roma and got carried away. When he comes back up, I immediately apologise, guilt was eating at me.

"Sorry I snapped, Italy."

"Its fine, no harm done!" He says way too cheerfully, passing me a few tablets.

"Whats this one?" I ask, holding up a pill of a slightly different shape to the paracetamol.

"I don't know, but fratello says it'll help you relax a bit more." He shrugs. Eh, how bad can it be?

"Pizzas ready!" I hear Roma yell from the stairs, followed by and excited squeak from Italy. He opens the door and Roma comes in with a pizza in each hand and one on top of his head, what the actual hell.

I sit up and take a pizza from him.

"Can I ask, who on Earth is supposed to be the driver in this 'road trip' we speak of?" I inquire.

"Can you drive?"

"No."

"Haven't a clue then."

"I'll drive!" Italy pipes in.

"No!" We say in unison.

"I do have a drivers licence, I just lack confidence not to get someone killed," I say, before lowering my voice slightly, "and it was given to me by America and is illegal."

"What? America taught you how to drive? I understand why you never drive anywhere."

"Hey! I can ride a horse! Surely that counts for something!" I argue.

"So you're saying we get there on horses? Across Europe? On farm animals?"

"I'm in!"

"Ugh, fine, I'll come too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.8K 1.8K 15
Romano and Italy get into a nasty fight, ending with Romano declaring war on the younger brother. Italy seeks Germany for help and Romano runs off to...
24.9K 623 16
War in Ukraine surprised many countries, many people were watching what was happening there in horror. The whole world began to hate Russia even more...
4.1K 166 29
Arranged Marriage. People grimace at those words. Especially the countries of the world. Forcing people to get married and love each other. They hate...
2.4K 25 13
It was just another meeting with the allies and axis and of course, the meeting goes haywire but this time with a little twist. A strange figure has...