SHY | DAHMO

By kimwig

"After all these years, you still look extremely cute when you're shy" A story in which Kim Dahyun falls in l... More

Chapter 1: Back home
Chapter 2: The song
Chapter 3: Soju or beer?
Chapter 4: She left
Chapter 5: I'm proud of you
Chapter 6: It's been a long time
Chapter 7: Nice to meet you
Chapter 8: An apology
Chapter 9: Relief
Chapter 10: Cliche
Chapter 11: Chicken
Chapter 12: Alzheimers
Chapter 13: Lesbean
Chapter 15: Together
Chapter 16: Good Morning
Chapter 17: Disgusted
Chapter 18: We're too old for this
Chapter 19: Truth or Dare
Chapter 20: I adore you
Chapter 21: Cherry Lip Balm
Chapter 22: You just know
Chapter 23: Coffee
Chapter 24: I'll be there
Chapter 25: Isn't it weird?
Chapter 26: Moving
Chapter 27: Criticized
Chapter 28: Weak
Chapter 29: Cheer up, baby
Chapter 30: Punishment
Chapter 31: Psychic
Chapter 32: Missing
Chapter 33: Prank
Chapter 34: Nightmare
Chapter 35: Velvet
Chapter 36: Chance
Chapter 37: Naive
Chapter 38: I care
Chapter 39: Hold me
Chapter 40: Failure
Chapter 41: Crush
Chapter 42: Happy Birthday
Chapter 43: Goodnight
Chapter 44: Be as One
Chapter 45: Surprise
EGOTISTIC | Dahmo

Chapter 14: Cute

8.1K 361 206
By kimwig

Third person P.O.V (Point Of View)

"I-I-I'll be right there" Jihyo's voice broke as she jumped up from the couch, running towards the door. 

"What's up Jihyo?" Nayeon raised an eyebrow, carefully examining her friend's terrified expression. 

"I-Uh..don't have time to explain" was the only thing the girl said before grabbing her phone and running out of the house.

[...]

"Fuck fuck fuck" a wave of curse words escaped Jihyo's mouth. Obviously, she was stuck in traffic and was loosing her mind. She looked at the time at her phone and fidgeted impatiently in her seat. She couldn't predict what could have happened to Wendy, but whatever it was it sounded really bad. Seungwan's voice was barely audible when they last spoke on the phone.

"Uh sorry?" Jihyo said to the driver of the car who hummed in response "How much more?" she asked holding her breath. 

"40 minutes maybe? The traffic is really bad" he replied and Jihyo groaned. She had to get there as soon as possible. 

"Okay, thank you for the ride" she handed the man some money before quickly getting out of the car and staring to run.

She run at full speed and even if her lungs had given out after a while, she pushed through the sharp pain in her sides. "She needs help" she mumbled to herself when she felt like collapsing on the street.

She run and run, ignoring the honking of the cars and the angry drivers as she started getting closer to the older's house.

[...]

"Wendy-ah!" Jihyo banged on the door.  She waited anxiously on Wendy's doorstep, her breath coming out in pants, her heartbeat loud enough that she could hear it. The only thing that indicated that someone was in the house were small whimpers and cries that got louder as the hurt girl opened the door.

Jihyo gasped as she saw Wendy collapsing on the floor in front of her. The younger fell on her knees wiping the almost dry blood from the girl's busted lip and head.

"Damn it! What happened?" she asked and tried to pick up the girl's unconscious body. She felt like breaking down when looking at her bruises and scars but decided not to let herself cry, she wanted to be strong for her new friend.

Jihyo called the police while caressing Seungwan's tear-stained cheeks, her heart breaking when she spotted the huge purple spots on the older's skin.

She softly sang songs to the unconscious girl until the ambulance took her away and she immediately called her friends whilst getting a cab, rushing to the hospital.

Dahyun's P.O.V (Point Of View)

And as I thought everything was getting better, here we are in the hospital all waiting for the doctor to come out from Wendy's room. I couldn't help but cry when I heard Jihyo's shaky breaths and voice when she called Jeongyeon telling her what had happened.

We all rushed to the hospital to be by her side, yet no one knows what happened to her. No one knows who hurt her and I couldn't be more mad at them.

I couldn't be more mad at myself for not being there.

I couldn't be more mad at her for not telling me what was wrong.

But what am I thinking?

Why should I be mad at her?

I'm so dumb

dumb

dumb

I repeatedly hit my head while furiously tapping my feet on the ground. I was the only one waiting, the others had gone to the cafeteria. I couldn't eat, I lost my appetite hours ago.

"Dahyunie?" a familiar voice shook me out of my thoughts and a comforting hand touched my shoulder "Are you okay?" even with my blurry vision from the tears I could tell that the person behind the voice was Momo.

She moved closer to me, brushing my hair out of my face. "Why a-are you here?" I let out, sniffling. 

"I heard what happened and I wanted to see how Wendy is doing" she said, smiling at me. I moved my eyes away from her face as I felt more tears welling up in my eyes. She sighed, softly turning my head at her direction as her fingers grazed my chin.

"Hey, don't cry she's alright" Momo smiled, wiping the tears that fell from my eyes "Everything's okay. We're going to find out what happened when she wakes up, alright?" she said and hugged me.

It was the first time we had been this close and even in my emotional state I could still feel myself blushing in her embrace. She whispered how happy Wendy is going to be as soon as she wakes up and sees all of us together by her side.

Her hug was so warm, yet so familiar.

That was it. Her hug.

I widened my eyes, breaking the embrace as memories played like a broken record in my head.

[Flashback]

"You're never gonna be like your mother, never, never, never" I quietly sobbed at the back of the auditorium. I was always like this, having break downs during school hours due to the teachers who for some reason hated me.

I stopped crying for a bit when I heard someone entering the auditorium and starting music. I peeked from behind the chairs I was hiding and saw a girl moving along with the music, pained moans and groans coming out of her mouth along with some curse words. She abruptly stopped the music and fell to the ground "Fuck this shit" she cried louder. I couldn't hold myself back and run by her side, her face turning pale when seeing me "Wh-What a-are you d-doing h-here?" she sniffled and I sat on the floor beside her. I flashed a small smile whe I n recognized her face. She was in my music class, but she didn't talk to anyone so I never got to know her name.

"I saw you crying and uhh.." I said while shyness got the better of me and turned the other way to face the wall. 

"Look at you, all shy and shit" she laughed and I turned to look at her direction again. 

"Ha I-I made you laugh" I said and she nodded smiling weakly.

It was like we shared the same brain cells when we both introduced ourselves at the same time.

"Hirai Momo--"

"Kim Dahyun--"

We bursted into laughter, before I shyly scooted closer to her. "What happened, why were you crying?" I asked and she looked at me with a pained expression. 

"Ah-My leg.." she pointed at her left leg "I got into an accident and had to get surgery" she inhaled sharply "After the surgery I was told that I wouldn't be able to dance a-anymore" she broke down, her sobs getting louder and louder.

And I felt it, the connection between us. She wasn't able to do what she loved too. I rushed to hug her tightly and she immediately buried her face in my sweater. I played with her hair "I know, I know" I whispered by her ear "It's hard not being able to do what makes you happy" I said my voice breaking. "Everything is going to be fucking okay" she clutched my sweater in her fists and cried harder.

The girl I just met sparked a fire in me, I didn't want to be so broken like her. I was able to make my dreams come true with one way or another. "Thank you" I whispered to her ear and she pulled away looking at me confused "I will go away" I said and she glanced around the room "Out of the county. No one wants me to be a rapper here, so I'll leave" I stated unintentionally raising my voice. "Thank you THANK YOU!" I giggled by her ear, hugging her one more time before sitting up to leave the auditorium. "You will eventually find something you love as much as you love dance, maybe more" I spoke, smiling sweetly at her "You inspired me and I literally just met you" I laughed and she chuckled wiping her tears away and standing up "I won't let you down, I'll make it" I moved to the door, bowing "I will remember you, Hirai Momo!" I spoke running out of the auditorium.

[End of flashback]

"I will remember you, Hirai Momo" I mumbled and her confused expression softened. She wiped my tears away one last time and I looked at her from head to toe. "You're wearing--"

"Yeah the sweater" she interrupted me. "I found it in your brother's closet" she smiled. She knew what I was talking about and just like the day at the auditorium, we used the same brain cells.

"You made--"

"I made it"

She giggled and pulled me into a hug again "Everything is going to be fucking okay" she repeat what I had said to her the day we first met, I smiled and blushed. She remembered too.

Pulling away I couldn't hide my blushed cheeks and she laughed, pinching them.

"After all these years, you still look extremely cute when you're shy"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 330 11
Mina and Chaeyoung are dating when Mina finds out her low-key crush, Tzuyu is questioning her sexuality. And Nayeon and Jeongyoen are dating too
21K 945 46
Im Nayeon is a girl who loves fashion and is always worried about her appearance. She likes to go out with her friends, but has never kissed or dated...
17.9K 1.1K 49
Chou Tzuyu suffering from a medical condition falls in love with a model Myoui Mina who turns out to be her ex-best friend. Myoui Mina who had secret...
3K 255 38
This story is about bestfriends from their childhood school but one of them fall in love So who in love with who ? Which one should they choose LOV...