Identity | h.s

By mindlessxwriting

not everyone is who they say they are. More

Identity
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
a/n
PLEASE READ

Chapter Eighteen

97 11 0
By mindlessxwriting

I woke up the next morning in excruciating pain. I sat up slowly before clenching my sides.

Cramps.

Great, my period is due today.

I checked the time on my phone quickly before getting up. It was 7am, meaning I had a full hour to get ready for school, thankfully.

I cannot wait to graduate, 17 days and counting, although I have absolutely no idea what I am going to do afterwards because I don't want to go to college just yet. I need some time. I need a break.

*****

I quickly got ready for school before saying goodbye to my dad then going out to my car.

I unlocked the door and opened it before throwing my bag onto the passenger seat then sliding in. I tried starting the engine and... nothing.

I tried again... nothing.

I turned the key one more time before groaning and hitting the steering wheel with my hand. I grabbed my bag and pulled the keys out of the ignition before getting out and locking my car. I sighed as I flung my bag over my shoulder while walking back inside. I quickly ran up the stairs before banging on the apartment door.

Moments later my dad appeared at the door.

"Dad, can you give me a lift to school?" I asked. He looked at me with confusion.

"And what's wrong with your car?" He sighed.

"It won't start." I said. "I don't know why to be honest." I explained. My dad nodded before grabbing his car keys, stepping outside and closing the door behind him.

*****

"I'll take a look at your car when I get home later, is that okay?" My dad asked, glancing over to me then back to the road as he focused.

"Okay, thanks." I replied, before unlocking my phone to read the messages I had been receiving from the unknown number. I read through each one before sighing, sinking into the seat.

"Have you had anymore texts from that unknown number?" 

I thought about it for a moment, I don't want to tell him because he would get even more protective and I can't have that. But I also don't want to lie to him because he would find out sooner or later. I sighed before replying, "No, I haven't, although I haven't been paying much attention to that lately." I felt sick just lying to him.

My dad stayed quiet for a moment, but then spoke. "I would like to talk to you about something," he said.

I looked over to him before speaking, "go on..." I pushed.

"How would you feel about moving?"

"What? Moving? No! I'm not moving from Manhattan!" I cried - literally.

"No, no, I mean how would you feel about moving from the apartment we are in right now, to a house?"

"And sell the apartment?" I asked.

"No, I will keep the apartment, maybe rent it out for a little while, until.." He paused.

"Until what?" I asked confusingly. 

He laughed a little before answering, "until you feel you are ready to live on your own. You can move there, and I'll stay at the house." He sighed, but with pride.

"That's actually a really good idea, dad. I think we should do it." I beamed, I've wanted to get out of the apartment into a bigger space for a while, but I know that when it comes to me moving out, I will want something like what we have now. 

"Great, I am so glad that you approve of this. I took the liberty of checking out a few houses, there are two that I quite like so maybe you could come along and see which one you think is best?" He asked as we pulled into the school parking lot.

"Sure, let me know whenever, this could maybe even be a new start for us, maybe bond a little after what happened with mom and everything." I smiled sadly before thanking him for the ride.

"Yeah." he replied quietly, before clearing his throat. "How are you getting home?"

"I'll get a bus or I might walk, the weather is looking pretty good today." I said before waving to him, while walking towards the school entrance.

"Sierra!" A familiar voice called from behind me. I looked over my shoulder and locked my eyes on Harry who had started to speed up a little bit to catch up with me. His curls flopped about as he started to jog. His hair is beginning to grow a lot lately, but I like it.

Eventually Harry caught up with me. I gave him a small smile as we began walking to my locker.

"I had a really great night last night, you know." I looked up at him. "Thank you."

"I did, too." He smiled back. "Say, how would you feel about coming to a party?" He asked nervously. I find nervous Harry pretty cute. He seems so mysterious and dark, whereas he is just a normal guy who still gets nervous talking to girls and is so sweet.

"Who's party is it?" I asked curiously.

"Mine, actually." He grinned. "Scott and I were thinking about throwing one this weekend at my place. Care to join me?"

"As a date, or?" I asked nervously. Now it was my turn to be nervous.

"If you would like." He smiled before brushing his hand against mine slightly then brushing it through his hair - a habit I have grown to lov- I mean, like.

"Yes, I would like to." I grinned, but not too eagerly as we approached my locker. I quickly unlocked it before pulling my English books out.

"Sierra, I have to go uh, do something really quickly. I'll speak to you later?" A small smile tugged on his lips as his placed his hand on my side for some odd reason. I tried not to flinch or show that I was uncomfortable. I mean I'm not, it was just an unexpected action.

"We have English..?" I stated, which sounded more like a question. I was confused, Harry likes English, why would he suddenly miss it?

"I know, I'll just go see Mr. Daniels when I'm done to get some work. No worries, love." He smiled once again before practically sprinting down the hallway. I quickly shut my locker before heading to class, curious as to why Harry had to leave so suddenly.

I entered the classroom and sat in my usual seat, although next to my seat someone I had never seen before, not even in the hallways. I approached my desk before taking my seat awkwardly. Moments later, I heard a low grumble coming from my right. The guy cleared his throat before speaking up.

"Hi, I'm Trent." He smiled, putting his hand out ready for me to shake.

I paused before replying in a friendly tone. "Hi Trent, I'm Sierra. Nice to meet you." I shook his hand before giving him a small smile. "I haven't seen you around school before, I'm guessing you are new here?" I asked, taking in his appearance. He wore black skinny jeans, a white shirt black leather jacket and black biker boots. I must say, he suited this look very well.

"I just moved here a week or so ago from England, getting into this school was a hassle though. What's it like here?" He asked, his British accent was thick - much like Harry's.

"Oh that's cool, which part of England? And to be completely honest, it's okay, most people hate school but this one is all right I guess. You'll get used to it, and don't worry, I'm sure you will like it here. There isn't ever too much drama here either which is good." I said, before flashing him a reassuring smile which he gladly returned.

"I'm from London". He chuckled, but went silent as Mr. Daniels entered the classroom. "Say, what's this guy like?" he whispered in a very hushed tone.

"Mr. Daniels? He's pretty chill, but does expect a lot from you so keep up." I laughed as Mr. Daniels started to speak.

"Class, I have decided that for this lesson we will be watching a movie called Life is Beautiful. I will not tell you what must and must not do, the choice is yours but I hope that you will use this time wisely. This may or may not be an important lesson. I shall give you all a moment to settle down as I put the dvd on." He said sternly before preparing the dvd.

"I thought you said this guy was pretty chill?" Trent joked. I chuckled before rolling my eyes. But Trent has a point, Mr. Daniels was acting differently - not that Trent would know any different but this isn't his usual attitude. I shook it off as the dvd started.

"I've seen this movie so many times, but I love it." I whispered. I no longer felt awkward around Trent, he seems pretty cool and I hope we can be friends.

"Me too, it's a beautiful movie if I'm honest." He gave a small smile before speaking again. "So you know Harry. right?" 

I looked over to him, confusion struck me, before replying, "Yeah, I do. Why do you ask?"

"Oh, no I was just wondering. I know him too." 

"Really? How so?" I asked curiously, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Just because of family business, I guess." He smiled, but it faltered as Harry entered the room before taking a see in the far right of the room. He glanced over at Trent and I before widening his eyes. He composed himself moments later before walking over to us and taking a seat to my left.

"Trent?" He asked, confusion shown clearly in his features.

"You alright mate?" Trent smiled.

"I'm good, what are you doing here?" He asked, still confused by the looks of it.

"I'm learning, Harry. Why else would I be at school?" He chuckled before facing forward to watch the movie.

"Hey, can we talk?" Harry whispered in my ear. I leaned away from him before frowning.

"I want to watch the movie Harry. We can talk later?" I said, although it was more of a question as I didn't want Harry to be pissed at me.

"Of course." He smiled before slouching in his chair but soon found himself watching the movie. I glanced down at Harry's bag which had fallen over. It was open, and I could see something black with a handle, and next to it was a piece of tissue with something red plastered on it. My breath hitched in my throat as I guessed what it was.

"You all right, Sierra?" Harry asked. I snapped back to reality before nodding my head. Why the fuck did Harry have a gun and a piece of tissue with blood on it in his bag?

I'M SO SORRY YOU GUYS.

I hope y'all don't hate me! I feel so bad for not updating for the past couple of months, i feel like I've let y'all down  but I'm hoping to get back on track with this and I am also hoping to begin 'Months' in January! Hope you like this chapter. Let me know what you think! Love you all very much. It would mean tons if you could comment/vote and share! x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226 2 21
1.5K 117 19
"maybe you aren't really who you think you are..."