Spencer Reid x OC.

By I-Got-Krusty-Krabs

The first step towards success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first... More

Stumbled.
Companions.
What?
Crossing Roads.
Story Time.
Almost Love.
Hidden.
Stirred.
Returns.
Who?
Alone.
Inside.
Friends. 👍👍
Eager.
Differences.

Das Ende.

120 4 1
By I-Got-Krusty-Krabs

You can only perceive real beauty in a person as they get older. - Anonymous

Aurora's Pov

My hand clutched Mama and we wept. The stone was all that remained of a man who I loved. A man that taught me the most important lesson in my life. He taught me to dream. He even told me to go for Spencer if I really loved him and I did. Mama wanted me to stay in Germany but it wasn't right for either of us. She had her little brother to be with and his kids. He could give her a small family. Something I never could. Life was made a little harder when the hospital had to phone me and give me the results from the scan taken before I left. Nothing that could kill me physically at least. I had less than 1% chance of having a child with a man I was suited to in my genes. I wasn't sure what genes were but I doubted I was in luck with Spencer. Perhaps adoption was a good idea if we got there.

Spencer just spoke to me. He was sending as many texts as possible. He kept phoning but it went straight to voicemail. XXXX

I smacked my head and smiled as I climbed from the airport and met Anna. She held a sorry smile for me and also a shit ton of all my favourite food. I don't know what I did to be deserving of her but I loved it. She sat in her car and handed it all to me before we got to our destination.

At the last second, she changed course and we moved away from her house. I had to get to work in a few weeks and the building had to remind me as we drove past it. We kept on going though. That was until we got to an all too familiar building. She kept that smile on her face as we lugged all my things up to his door. Her dark hair disappearing down the steps as I gave a loud goodbye. Fear eating at me as I knocked.

When Spencer answered and I gave a smile back he went to close the door and I let him. What hurt more was that the last promise and only promise I made to papa was that I would go for Spencer. As long as I loved him with all my heart. If not I would fly and live with mama after my contract with the dance company was over. I slid so I was on my knees with a hand on the door just to try to feel any changes.

"Spencer. You can be angry. Derek text me. He told me you had been texting me but I haven't received any from you. I didn't call, I was scared you were working. Spencer. I don't control you and you can leave me be. I just need to know, may I suggest not by text, if you could tell me. Get someone else to call or text me. I just got back from Germany and I might be moving back. Tempting to be honest. Mama is asking me to. This isn't me pushing you. I just felt like telling you. I miss you. I miss having a soundboard, I think it is a soundboard, I also miss being your very own soundboard. I loved listening to you in your life. A lot has happened since you left for your case. I had to put up with a lot of my own shit for once. Emily and Rossi were the next help. They made sure you were ok for me. Derek also reminded you that I love you every day. I asked him to. Because I do. I really do." I stood and my voice was about as shakey as I was. Tears filled the floor all around me but it didn't matter as I gathered my things and set to walk down the steps. I couldn't give a goodbye because that made it all real.

I was quiet as I moved to the steps and let my feet move down one step, soundlessly. I was moving down when Spencer opened the door but I figured it was to just see what I was doing. When I ignored his movements he joined me and lifted my bags. Only it hurt more until he turned and brought the bags to his room and I stood shocked until he came back for me and lifted me into the flat. We sat on the sofa and told the other of what had happened in the almost three full months away from each other. He held me to him as we talked.

When the room calmed he stood and went to his coat. The one I bought him and then I saw it. I knew what it was he was holding as soon as I saw it and I couldn't keep the smile back. The box was small as expected but when I opened it, I squealed like two years old. I smiled and grabbed him so that we were hugging. I had no clue when it happened but the ring was on my finger as we held on close.

I woke up the next morning as my phone was vibrating. I answered it but it rang once more and I realised that I had to click the green button. I pressed the screen and a half-hearted greeting was sent.

"Hello, Aurora. I was wondering if you were fancying a small coffee trip this morning. Some of us have today off." I gave exhausted sounds as I responded to agree and I had to find my clothes. Hoping my clean ones were where I thought they were. And they were.

I collected my car from Anthony's house and drove to the FBI'S building. My hands loving the feel of driving again. I had to get my way through security but that was over within a few seconds. The doors slid and I walked to Spencer. He was confused but I just gave a small kiss and walked to Penelope's office in a door down a walking area.

I had barely walked in when they picked up their things and we set off. I was more than willing to drive and so JJ directed me to the closest mall. My eyes moving to my left hand at every available moment. My mind almost in a haze of work.

"When?" Penelope suddenly shouted as we parked up. My hand was seized and the three of them all looked at my ring. One diamond, rather large, and the band was a little thicker than most but it was reasonable. It was one I loved, not only because Spencer had given it to me but also because it was to my style.

"Yesterday. Well, last night. I thought that was why you all phoned up. We still have a lot to go through." They all knew and looked on with the largest smile in existence.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Once again. The same thing. My heart would beat and Spencer would hold me tight as I would then walk into the doctor's office. My eyes losing more and more hope as time passed. No amount of luck seemed to work and I was coming close to giving up. With no help. Spencer soon left me to go in alone as he was able to keep it together better if I told him and not Dr Lee.

I walked up to the desk and hoped. My body was strange, due to the poor treatment from my childhood. Oh, how it hurt to be reminded. Day in and day out. I began to actually hate them. I had never felt a true liking to them but hate began. All the while I waited for something good to happen.

"Mrs Reid?" I stood up and saw the same old nurse as I always had. I waved slightly and a look of hope was given. That didn't mean I felt any though. I walked to the same room as I did last time and hoped for a happy ending. Unlike last time.

"Hello, Dr Lee." I gave a small meeting and an elderly man with tanned skin and white hair met me. He had it short and gelled back into spikes. It wasn't something I would ask Spencer to have but it wasn't bad. His eyes were always so merry and cheerful. Despite the news he always gave.

"Hello, Aurora. How have you been feeling?" I gave the usual look of 'cut the crap' and he just sighed before looking at the computer. I could have skipped the doctor out but none of the tests would work on me. Apparently, all of the external sources would tell me what I read the first time. Positive even if it was not supposed to be positive.

"The test came back. The stick told us the same. Positive, however, the other test is the one that is actually accurate. As you know the stick always gives a false positive. The second test came back the same as well. I am sorry. You aren't pregnant." I took it about as well as was expected. Hands moved to comfort me as my eyes filled but I didn't let any tears fall. This was what I had expected. When I took a tissue I thanked him and left. Not really giving any sort of thought to what I could do.

When I stepped out I hugged Spencer and no words had to be said. I felt him gulp as I gave all control up and began to cry a little less than before. Sometimes life makes a person numb. I had been made numb a few times in my life.

We laid on the sofa staring at the TV, not even pretending to pay attention as the pair of us laid together and I tickled his chest. My hands moving slowly. Both of us were only paying attention to our thoughts and to the way the other person could have been able to cope.

"Love?" I wasn't sure if I should have said it but we were there and I was going to have to say what I was thinking eventually, as he had made a noise to show that he had heard me speak.

"If you want kids. I wouldn't be mad if you wanted to move on. I mean, you can have kids. I can't and I have mama's sister's kids to look after. I mean, if you did move on I made a promise to papa that I would move in with mama." Spencer kept me quiet by a kiss but I only joked that he hadn't given me an answer.

"I am not with you for kids. I am with you to love you and that I do. Even when you say that you want to go death. Besides, kids do not make a marriage and if you want to have some, which I fully support, then we can adopt when you are ready. It has only been a year. Twelve tests." I kissed him and let our bodies stay resting.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

My feet moved painfully over the carpet all the way into the office. Spencer was far too stubborn to get a new phone and he had been on a case. Not only that but the work time meant he couldn't even use another person's phone. Three months and he had not spoken to me. It didn't help that he was also undercover for over half of that time in something dangerous. Derek had to tell me as well. I got through the door and eyes met my body as I did so.

"Rory, what?" His face had lit up and the team all looked amazed.

"I returned the adoption papers. Two years is up and we have a baby on the way. He is healthy and also five months along." I only spoke when Spencer was hugging me. Some parts of the world really did save me. The small boy in my stomach. Hands ran over him out of habit, one I had developed in the few months. Mostly because it didn't seem to be real.

"I wanted to tell you but with work and you being stubborn we couldn't. I refused to tell someone else before you." Spencer let his hand move to my stomach but he pulled a little way back as he felt uncomfortable with the idea. There was a baby in me and my body had done something science said no to. I walked in properly and faces lit up as they saw me.

"You all love to watch me suffer." The joke carried on until the old style Penelope walked in and well, it wasn't a walk. She bounced in and almost crushed me. I held her back and smiled as she looked at me. She really was a shining example of an amazing person. She had helped me and held my hand whenever Spencer left or if either of us needed help, the other was there. Next for me was Anna and my dance partners. To me, they were like family.

"Why don't we call your mum tonight and I will facetime Mama after?" Spencer held me close and kissed the top of my head as we let the sides of our bodies stay stuck to the other person's side. We were becoming a family.

Das Ende.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 122 20
The BAU is filled with special souls who work hard and also members who try harder. For some it is natural and others prefer to do their work on thei...
374 9 9
"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞. 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐬, 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢�...
853K 16.3K 39
❝ Your eyes are hollow Your heart is shallow And your words Mean nothing to me ❞ - christy ann martine © -𝐜𝐱𝐥𝐱𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐀𝐋...
265K 5.4K 33
Being Smart doesn't always mean a happy home life. Running away from the past seemed to be the only way. A new state, a new job and a beautiful co-wo...