Pretend You're Mine

By goldenpup45

Rhian Ramos. The girl who has it all. Brains, beauty, luxuries... you name it. She is respected by all becaus... More

Author's Note
02 : Partners
03 : Childhood Friend
04 : Mistake
05 : Guilt
06 : Change in Attitude
07 : Reconcile
08 : Unfair
09 : Proposal
10 : Will You Be My Girlfriend?
11 : Invitation
12 : Get Together with Friends
13 : Meeting of the Two Groups
14 : Surprises
15 : Unsure
16 : Moving In
17 : Interrogation
18 : Official
19 : Books and Banters
20. Horseback Riding
21 : Mr. Ramos' Tasks
22 : Lunch with the Ventura's
23 : Feelings?
24 : Attention
25 : Wedding Plans
26 : Waffle For Your Thoughts
27 : Opening Up
28 : Glaiza's Birthday
29 : Role Playing Game
30 : Chilling
31 : The Kiss
32 : Thoughts are Swimming
33 : Fiesta Fiasco (Part 1)
34 : Fiesta Fiasco (Part 2)
35 : Already Safe
36 : Confession
37 : Confuse
38 : Misunderstanding
39 : Spy
40 : Jealous
41 : Distracting Thoughts
42 : Half Feelings
43 : Sudden Changes
44 : I Love You
45 : Goodbye
46 : Marriage-Free
47 : Acceptance
48 : Tease
49 : Bliss
50 : Lifetime
Author's Note

01 : The Two Rivals

3.3K 51 12
By goldenpup45

                 Pic Above: Benjamin

¤¤¤

The school's hallway that was once in silence is now being filled with students and teachers. Some students were mindlessly chatting and laughing with their friends while others are quite entertaining with their guitars and singing. It has been like that every morning. Students finding ways to kill time before their classes starts.

Well not for Rhian Ramos. While students spend their morning with their friends or with their significant other, she would rather spend her morning in a productive way. Her routine is usually arriving at school exactly half an hour before her class begins and walk straight to the library. She would sit at the very corner of the room and just read random book or would review her notes from yesterday's lecture. You're probably thinking that she's that introverted nerd, but she's not. Its just how she was raised up, to prioritize her studies at all cause.

She was currently reviewing Trigonometry and answering problem solving equations on her book. The subject is a bit complicated and it irritates her when she doesn't understand some things. She was almost done reviewing but was stuck on the last problem when a voice from behind interrupted her.

"Still an early bird, huh?" She ignored the person's comment and focus on the task she's trying to accomplish. She flinch at the sound of the chair squeaking as the person sat beside her, but she kept her eyes glued at her notes.

The person look at her curiously. "Why are you reviewing trigonometry? The quiz is still this afternoon."

" 'Cause I want to." Rhian replied calmly.

"Oh. Are you having troubles with that subject?"

" A little bit, but I can manage."

"Do you want my help?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely."

"Oh, okay." Rhian was grateful that the conversation had dropped. Now she can focus on the stupid problem that she's stuck to. She have never encounter this problem in any previous quizzes so she decided to challenge herself. But she's been analyzing the problem and scanning her notes for the past two minutes and still got nothing.

"Okay you know what, this is driving me crazy." Rhian was shocked as the person pulled the book in front of her and started scribbling the answer on it.

"What the hell Glaiza?! I was answering!" She tried to grab the book but the other girl was quick enough to block Rhian's prying hands.

"Glaiza, give me that!" Rhian yelled. By now, the two had attract attention from the other students, some were glaring while others held amusement on their faces. As soon as Glaiza finish, she put the pen down.

"Your welcome." Came her response as she slide the book back to Rhian. The latter was about to lash out again when she saw answers from the problem she's been stuck at.

"Seems to me you're struggling at the problem for a while now, so I figured that if I didn't come to your aid, it would take you the whole morning to solve it." Glaiza shrugged as she lean her back against the chair. Rhian blushed in embarassment.

It's true. She could've said that she needed help in the subject, but she didn't want Glaiza to know that she suck at Trigonometry or anything that has to do with math.

Just then the bell rang, signalling that classes are about to start. Rhian gathered her things and head out.

"Hey! Wait!" Glaiza grab her bag and followed the brown-haired girl.

Damn that girl is fast. The former thought.

Catching her breath, she halt the girl by grabbing her arm.

Rhian fought the urge to roll her eyes at this action. "Glaiza, please, I'll be late for my first class."

"Okay okay, chill. Just want to return this to you. It slipped from your book." Rhian saw her thesis paper she'd been working last night from Glaiza's hand.

"Thanks" She mumbled and was about to dash off when was yet again stopped by Glaiza.

"What now?!"

"The zipper of your bag is open." Glaiza chuckled before walking to the opposite direction. Rhian groaned in annoyance and zip her bag close before she went to her class.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

Rhian's English class went smooth as always, considering that its her favourite subject and Mrs. Morris is just a very sweet teacher. She doesn't boss student around, but instead, encourage them to pour their emotions in the art of writing poems and essays.

After that, was Homeroom. Apparently, the school has this class where values are to be learn in a deeper context and instead of giving a quizzes, students are to have reflections for the remaining time. While others find it boring, Rhian find it helpful and important.

Hearing the bell rings, Rhian passed by the faculty room and gave her thesis paper to her professor before she went to meet her friends at the cafeteria. She caught them already sitting at their usual spot, talking. She bought fries and has her own tumbler before sitting at their table.

"Hey, girl! Here, we saved you some brownies. We know you love those." A tan girl with smooth black hair was the first one to greet her.

"Thanks Lovi! So, what are you guys talking about?" Rhian replied as she began munching on her food.

"There's a new transferee student. And these two had been talking nonstop." The guy who has the softest hair and cute brown eyes said who was clearly annoyed.

"Oh quit your whining, Josh! You can't possibly blame us, Benjamin is hot as hell." Julie-Anne, a girl with porcelain skin and brown highlights on her short hair said as she fan herself.

"Julie-Anne is right. As soon as he step foot at this school, he has all the girls drooling over him! Do you know how hurtful that is to me? He practically stole the attention that was suppose to be only mine! One smile from him and suddenly he become this...this chic magnet!" A boy with a clean cut hair and slightly build body commented with such irritation.

The four looked at each other with a knowing look. They were aware that Dennis has always been the attention-grabber when it comes to the ladies and to think that their friend is jealous for having another guy compete with his position is quite amusing.

"A transferee student in the middle of the year? That's new. Whose this Benjamin guy were talking about anyway?" Rhian asked.

"Speaking of the devil." They all turn to where Josh's gaze is. Rhian gasped as a tall and muscular guy walked in with Sally, one of her classmate from her English class. His alluring features made all the girls sport a dreamy look at their faces while guys stare at him with envy.

But what made Rhian surprise was seeing a joyful Glaiza run and envelope Benjamin in a hug. The latter responded by lifting her up and softly swinging her by his arms.

They know each other? Rhian thought.

The three went back to their table as Glaiza's friends welcomed Benjamin with open arms. The students went back in their business while some were gossipping about the new guy.

"I can't believe that THE Benjamin Alves is attending our school. I've seen him compete in champions on a swimming competition. I must say, that guy is a professional." Rhian said as she unwrap her brownies.

"Yeah and I heard that he'd be quitting swimming temporarily. He want to focus more on his studies but after he graduate he'll be going back to being a swimmer." Julie-Anne inform as her friends look at her confused.

"Where the hell did you got that information from?" Dennis raised his eyebrow.

"Well, I just happen to be his neighbor. Yesterday, his family moved in just a block from ours. So my mom and I went to give them a bottle of wine as a welcoming gift. Long story short, we spent our dinner with them and got to know each other." Julie-Anne said proudly as the four looked at her, wide-eyed and jaw-dropped.

"What?! And I'm only hearing this right now? I thought we're bestfriends!" Lovi said dramatically.

Julie-Anne rolled her eyes in response. "Because if I tell you, you'd go on complaining how lucky I was." The group laugh as Lovi hit her bestfriend on the arm. The two continued with their banter but immediately stop when they saw Glaiza and Benjamin walked to their direction.

"Hey Julie-Anne, you forgot this on our house. Don't worry I didn't look through it." Benjamin took out a red notebook from his bag and handed it to Lovi.

"Oh thanks, I knew I forgot something there. Anyway, these are my friends. Josh, Lovi, Dennis, and Rhian." The three gave a genuine smile while Dennis gave a slight nod.

"Nice to meet you guys, but the principal has to talk to me, so I have to go." He gave a side-hug to Glaiza and a smile to the group before he dash off.

"Can I have one of those? I'm starving." Glaiza asked as she sat across from Rhian.

"Actually that's- Hey!" Rhian's eyebrows furrowed as the other girl grab her last brownie and started eating it.

"Mhm, that's so tasty. Great job, Lovi!" Glaiza gave a thumbs up to the girl on her side.

"How did you know that Lovi bakes?" Josh said with an amused look.

"I actually helped her practice for baking competition in her house. I also remembered that Rhian was there and volunteered to keep an eye for the pie in an oven but still manage to burn the entire food." The group laughed but immediately stop when Rhian gave them a glare.

"It wouldn't burn, if you didn't annoy me with your supernatural stories!"

"I knew you were listening!"

"How can I not listen? You wouldn't shut your mouth and was speaking loudly and dangerously close to my ears!"

"Okay okay, that's enough. Lower down your voices, others are watching." Julie-Anne interjected.

"Remind me not to let Rhian near my mother's kitchen again when we hangout at my place." Dennis whispered to Josh.

"Oh yeah, before I forgot Lovi, Peter already bought school supplies and canned goods, so all is settled. I think we could start tomorrow morning." Glaiza mentioned.

Rhian furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Wait, hold on. What do you mean 'we'? You're coming with us?"

"Better, I'm replacing you." Glaiza grinned. Rhian snapped her gaze to Lovi.

"Well, with your upcoming science competition, I figured that you'll be needing the entire weekend to prepare. Glaiza just happen to be free from her schedule. I hope you understand." The latter replied. Glaiza excused herself from the group and went back to her friends mainly to avoid Rhian's scary glare.

Rhian was hesitant at first but still agreed, knowing that Lovi would be needing all the help she can get, and she didn't want to stress her out.

Lovi gave Rhian an apologetic look."I'm sorry if I didn't tell you beforehand. Its just that, with these activities that's going to happen in a month, I guess it slipped off my mind."

"Its alright Lovi, I understand." Rhian shot her friend a reassurring smile. She knows how much work Lovi has been doing, considering that she's the president of the student council.

"So it looks like Glaiza got you again, huh?" Josh croaked.

"Yeah dude, 1 point Glaiza, none for you." Dennis mused.

Rhian groan in annoyance and buried her face on her hands. It was always like this. Be it in academics or curricular activities, Glaiza was always there to ruin her. But no, she won't stumble down. She's Rhian Ramos, after all. She doesn't back away from anything and anyone. Especially to Glaiza, her only biggest rival.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91K 3.5K 21
If you are looking for a fluffy RaStro fanfic full of rainbows and butterflies- this isn't it. Alternate universe, but not really. COMPLETED.
121K 3.7K 40
Glaiza Burrows, the Ice queen of St. Vincent High, no one dare to mess up with her. Her almond shaped and hazel colored eyes that intimidates everyon...
33.1K 1.5K 43
A love that has gone through a lot... A love that has an immeasurable sacrifices... A love that shattered, rebuilt and strengthened by time... ...
68K 2.8K 21
What if one day you found yourself being invisible? What will you do? Is there anyone who can help you? Who? ** This is a story of an celebrity who...