Our Painful Love [Jaeyong]

By cassielglace

Taeyong, a man who has a dark past, happens to have all of the memories coming right back at him. He meets hi... More

Characters
home
yuta
phantom mage
Important Note
ambush
nocturne
german shepherd
Characters Part 2
taeyongie
boredom
his secret
queen
sorry
i remember
winwin's help
the truth untold
who taeyong is
worried sick
i just might know
his memories
it's me, this is me
Updates and New Book!

where is he

1.1K 65 8
By cassielglace

"Where the hell is he?"

Jaehyun couldn't relax. He couldn't find his Snow anywhere. He looked on every floor and room of the mansion. He just couldn't find the dog anywhere! He even looked at the gardens himself, knowing how the dog liked winter and the luscious white fields.

Still, the dog wasn't there.

He was starting to get worried.

He left the dog alone for the day after Lucas found Yuta's location. The boy has been missing for a day after a mischievous attack from elementalists from god knows where. He knew the guards were attacked and he was worried for his friend.

He set off on a journey with a few of the Vanguards, thinking that it would probably make the search easier. And he saw such interesting people.

"Woah, woah, woah, woah. What's going on?", Yuta asked as soon as he stepped inside the lounge. Everyone was there having their happy moment by the fireplace.

The room was high-ceiling with large high windows which had window seats as well. There were cushioned couches and bean bags everywhere. Bookshelves, paintings and decors adorned the walls on each corner. There was a fireplace in the middle and had ornaments on them.

The room was very cozy as the moonlight dimmed the warm room. Jungwoo and Lucas were snuggled up on the left couch with a blanket covering up to their waist as they talked. Doyoung was by the beanbag in between the floor table and the rigt couch where Yuta was. He was eating a bag of chips all by himself while Sicheng was by the left window seat, reading a book in his hand.

Everyone turned their attention to Jaehyun as he seemed very flustered.

Jaehyun looked around looking for the familiar white fury cover of his pet.

"Where's Snow?", he asked and finally met eyes with each one of his close friends. Yuta's brows furrowed at their leader's question. "Snow? Isn't he in your room?", Yuta asked and stuffed soms more chips in his mouth, the sound of the chips being munched slightly echoing across the quiet room, blending with the crackles of the firewood.

"He isn't there. I looked everywhere!", he stated. He was getting so panicked. The dog was smart himslef but people were smarter than a mere pet with four legs.

Sicheng finally looked up from his novel, taking interest in Jaehyun's flustered state.

"He's probably outside. By the garden. Have you checked?", Jungwoo asked quietly with a worried look. Everyone knew Snow. The obedient, loving dog that was a very close friend to them.

Jaehyun shook his head before his hands rubbed his face stressfully.

"Try checking the guest rooms.", Sicheng suggested as he stretched his feet down to the red carpeted floor as he closed his book.

"I'd be invading such privacy.", Jaehyun sighed.

"Besides why would Snow go there?", he inquired, suddenly realizing why such suggestion came from Sicheng. The latter could only shrug his shoulders.

Yuta stood up.

"I'll check.", he offered and placed the pillow he had down on the couch.

Jaehyun shook his head.

"No, no. It's fine, I'll go. You need to rest here.", he said, thinking about Yuta's wounds. He wanted his friend to recover as fast as possible so that they wouldn't worry.

Yuta blinked, "Are you sure?", he asked as he tilted his head. Jaehyun could only nod. "Besides, I'd better take consideration of them. I need to get to know them since they would be staying here from now on.", he said and passed his right hand through his hair.

Yuta nodded before settling down onto the couch yet again.

"Good luck, bro.", Lucas said and sent a sly smile at him. He just knew how a man like Jaehyun could get out of hand with his communication skills.

Jaehyun sent a short glare at the tall man and the latter only replied with a small chuckle before clickig his tongue. "Seriously.", he ended and Jaehyun turned around to leave the room.

He walked towards the right wing, where their bedrooms were. He opened the first door which was—from Yuta's statement, Johnny's. He knocked lightly on the door and opened the door.

He saw Johnny fixing his gun down and turned at his direction.

"Is there a dog in here?", Jaehyun asked and looked around the room, hoping Snow was in the room. He didn't want to stress by knocking on every door.

Johnny looked around the room confused.

"A dog? No, I don't think so.", the older answered and turned his eyes to the younger male. Jaehyun nodded. "Why? Is there something wrong?", he asked. Jaehyun shook his head, "No, not really. My....my pet's missing.", he answered and rubbed his nape.

Johnny's body fully turned to him, giving his full attention.

"Oh! Do you need help?", he asked.

Jaehyun immediately shook his head.

"No! It's fine. I'll just find him myself.", he showed a small smile to the black haired man, closing the door right after.

He did this on all doors, being met with different faces and different reactions. He looked over to the empty hallway.

The other guest room was by the end of the hallway. He didn't know what it was but he wanted to get close to the bitter boy. Yuta made no reaction but his friend knew him well.

He just didn't know how to start a conversation with a hard headed guy like him.

He sighed and walked over to end of the hallway and hesitantly knocked on the door. When he heard no response, he knocked again but louder this time.

"Can I talk to you for a bit?", he asked through the door, leaning closer to hear a response but he didn't.

He opened the doorknob slowly and saw a figure by the large window seat.

It was the same boy he saw hours ago. His back was leaning onto the left thin window wall and he had his right leg splayed across the seat while the left was bent against his chest.

His bed hair was all over the place and his face shone against the moon light, adoring every angle of the face the boy has.

Jaehyun's eyes switched from the beautiful boy to the thing on his bed. There lay his pet who stared at the redhead sitting by the window.

And that's when he turned.

"Do you need anything?", the redhead turned his head to him and the dark lit room kept the atmosphere much more tense but relaxing in a way.

The boy's husky but smooth voice seemed to ring against the younger's ears as if it was a trance.

"I'm looking for Snow.", Jaehyun finally got his proper self back and answered the boy back like he talks to everyone.

The boy's eyes turned to the relaxed dog by the bed.

"You can take him.", the boy answered as he stared back at the younger. Jaehyun disagreed, "It's fine. He can stay here.", he answered.

He proceeded to walk out and close the door, feeling the intense look the older was giving him.

"Taeyong."

His body stiffened as he turned his head up to look at the calm redhead.

"It's my name.", he continued as he gave a look down to his shirt and quickly looked back outside the window.

Jaehyun nodded and swallowed the lump on his throat.

"Jaehyun.", he answered after a few seconds and finally closed the door, shutting himself out of the calm ambiance the older has.

Taeyong, on the other hand, turned his head to look at the already closed door.

'So, the dog is his.'

He couldn't have any better option. He now lived under Jaehyun's wing and he couldn't just stay bitter forever. He may have had a bad past with Nocturnes but he couldn't change the fact that it was already the past.

He should try and move on from it.

He heard paws walking his way and saw the dog walk over to him and lied down in front of him by the window seat, placing his chin against his slim leg.

He passed a hand against its soft fur, before he tilted his head to stare at its beautiful brown orbs.

"Your owner's very interesting."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.9K 3.6K 36
─ If only he wasn't so bathed in his selfishness.... ❜ One very 'unfortunate' night, Lee Taeyong and his group of dimwitted friends stumbled across...
78.6K 2.7K 26
Eunji has a complicated life and an even more complicated past. When everything starts falling apart again, she meets them, she meets him. Nct gang...
18.7K 862 25
Step one, seduce your target. Step two, mess up their senses Step three, eliminate them. But, what if there's someone else? Book 1 of 3 part series ...
71.4K 2.8K 44
{A Markhyuck Fanfiction} 『Started~July 19th 2019』 『Ended~August 27th 2019』 When Haechan faces some issues that not only scare him, but the other mem...