Bad Royals

By SRoseAllam

In our modern days. In these days, our days. In this century. Two kingdoms with two Royal families chained w... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37

28

55 4 0
By SRoseAllam

"You ready for today?" Ashley asked Dylan as she did his tie.

"Yes," he nodded, his worried gaze not fixed on something specific, which showed how nervous he is for today.

Ashley finished doing the tie then rested her palms on his shoulders. "You know it will be okay, right? We already talked about it, and whatever the outcome is, I will be by your side supporting you. And of course, we all will be supporting him, no matter what!"

He gave a firm nod, "I know..." he let out a shaky breath as she squeezed his shoulders. "I am prepared."

Ashley smiled at him softly, that smile that gave him so much courage. " I love you, and I am here."

He leaned into her so that he was grazing her lips with his. "I love you too."

...

"Shouldn't we both be there with them, father?" Archer asked as he watched his father being dressed with the help of his servants.

"No, Archer. One of us has to be here with the people." King Steven looked at him for a moment then returned to watching his attire in the mirror. "I will go and will update you."

Archer let out a defeated sigh, knowing that his father was right and he wouldn't win that battle with him, but he had to try one last time. "But father,..." he paused. "I miss her. It has been like three months since the last time I saw her."

King Steven's heart ached for his son's broken tone. "Leave us." He ordered as the servants wasted no time, piling out of the room, leaving them with their privacy.

"I am sorry, father, but you know how she is."

King Steven neared his son with sorry eyes. "I know, son, but that's how it is for now." Archer nodded. "And I am sure that eventually, she will come around; just hold on there a little bit." He nudged his son's arm playfully, which earned him a sad smile from Archer. He then checked his wristwatch. "I have to go now, and I promise to fill you in." Archer once again nodded, not feeling like talking at the moment as King Steven started making his way out of his grande room, but he stopped suddenly, remembering that subject he has meant to talk with Archer about. "Ah!" Archer shifted his attention from the ground to his father again. "We shall have an important discussion as soon as I come back."

Archer frowned, "what kind of discussion?" His father just had this wary yet sorry look in his eyes that made Archer uncomfortable.

"An important one!" With that, King Steven hurried out of the room to catch his flight, leaving confused yet worried Archer with no more elaborating.

What could he possibly be hiding? Archer thought to himself.

...

Bella was taking a stroll in the nice weather through their huge garden.

Today she was wearing comfy baggy cotton pants with a thin, elegant blouse. She didn't feel like dressing fancy as a princess, yet she had to with a touch of comfortability.

Even her hair that she always complained about it in days like those, warm and windy that she always tied it up, today she just let it down, bothering her as it flew all over her face in all directions.

She hasn't been eating well or concentrating on her training before getting thinner and paler. She was a mess, and she knew it.

"What are you thinking about?" What exactly is she thinking about?

She couldn't point out what exactly has been occupying her mind.

Her brain was working non-stop, that she has been having sleeping troubles for the last two months.

First, she had her papa's issue. Then Tia and her pregnancy and how tired she is getting, she was afraid about her little sister. And there is Ashley and Dylan with all the stress around them for not having an heir yet or with all the complaints from the terrorists nowadays.

Then there is Archer. The one who has been occupying the majority of her thinking. The one who constantly sends her messages with her not replying back. The one that she kept feeling guilty for what she is putting him through.

She hates herself for being so cowardly and cold-hearted bitch, making them both suffer when she has a damn well solution in front of her.

She couldn't possibly tell him about all of what's on her mind. It wasn't that easy, and she didn't want him to worry about anything other than what he is going through.

"Nothing in particular." She shrugged as she pushed the wheelchair gently. "I am just thinking about tonight." That actually wasn't a lie. She was afraid of tonight's result that she couldn't get much sleep last night. "Are you nervous about today, papa?"

"No, actually." King Evans shook his head as Bella was pushing him through the garden. "Whatever the outcome is, I will accept it with open arms. I already had my enough share of this life, so not being able to walk again is enough of a blessing for me than being dead right now."

"Don't say that, papa! And I am praying that after today you would be able to walk again." However, Bella also felt grateful that her papa is alive and sound. Even if he might not walk again after doing the last check-ups with the doctor doing some weird stuff with his muscles, she couldn't understand. However, as he said, it's a blessing that he is still alive, and for that, she is grateful because it was a miracle that after his heart suddenly stopped, it came pounding back with so much force that he woke up.

Also, other than his legs, everything was pretty much healing. They didn't even predict that he might not walk again; it was such a surprise for the doctors. Yes, he has some broken ribs and bullets grazing different parts in his body, but they didn't see any signs of disabled legs until he informed them that he couldn't feel his legs.

"Is Tia coming today?" King Evans asked.

"Yes, she called me yesterday to confirm it." Even though she shouldn't move a lot or go under that much stress due to her being that tired in her first months of pregnancy, but of course, Bella won't tell her papa that to not worry him.

"Isn't it bad for her to move a lot?" Too bad nothing can be kept hidden forever from king Evans.

"Yes, but she wouldn't listen." She sighed. "However, we made a deal together that after we check up on you today, she would take it easy and rest more."

"Okay, then." King Evans nodded. "Don't leave her alone and check on her regularly." He then sighs sadly. "You know I won't be able to move easily as before nor have her back.. so I want you to do that for me."

"You don't need to tell me that, papa. I would have taken good care of her either way." Bella frowned at her papa's thoughts. "Moreover, you would do just fine and will always have our backs. Never doubt that king Evans." She kissed her papa's cheek as he let out a gentle laugh.

"Now, Let's get you inside to get some rest before king Steven's and the doctors' arrival."

...

"King Steven has arrived," A servant declared as he bowed to the royals.

"Bring him right away, boy." King Evans rushed. "What are you waiting for?"

"Right away, your majesty." The young servant bowed yet again then hurried away to comply.

Not long after, the room's large doors were opened, and in came king Steven with all his glory followed by servants.

"My dear friend," king Steven held his arms open with shining eyes as he met king Evans' grateful eyes.

"Hello, old man," king Evans joked as king Steven bent a little to hug him from his sitting position.

"So, you are up and all well now that you returned to calling me old?" King Steven laughed as he took a seat across him.

"Well, every time I see you..." king Evans shrugs. "I see an older version of you."

King Steven laughed at that, happy that his friend was up and in good condition despite his legs.

"Where are the children?" King Steven questioned.

"Tia is resting in her old room with Bella keeping her company." King Evans replied. "As the for the king and the queen, they are doing their duties."

King Steven nodded. "Did the doctor come yet?"

"Not yet," king Evans shook his head. "But he should be here soon."

"Good." He huffed in relief. "Glad I could make it on time."

King Evans looked at his new alley and dear friend with a grateful smile playing on his lips. "Thank you, Steven."

"There is no such thing between us, Evans." He frowned. "We are family now."

King Evans nodded, grateful once again. "True."

Then the door barges open. "The doctor is here, papa. Whe—" Bella stopped in her tracks as she noticed he wasn't alone. "Oh, Uncle Steven.." her face broke into a gentle smile as she neared him. "Glad you could make it." She engulfed him in a hug.

"Me too, young Bella." He smiled at her as they backed away from the embrace. "You got thinner and paler since the last time I saw you.." he frowns, sharing a quick look with King Evans. ".. hope you are taking good care of yourself?"

"Yes, Don't worry." She clearly brushed the subject off. "Just some sleepless nights." Before any of them would comment or drag the subject further, she changed it. "So, where do you want the doctors to examine you, papa?"

"Bring him here preferably." He answers right away.

"Of course, papa." She nods then ushers the servants to do as they heard.

No time passes as Tia, Dylan and Ashley came into the room.

"Father!" Ashley exclaimed as she saw her father.

"My lovely daughter." King Steven immediately engulfs his only daughter in a bone-crushing hug.

The other two also greeted him when the doctor came in as well.

"Your majesties," he bowed at all of them respectfully.

"You may start." Dylan's commanding voice roared in the room as the doctor nodded and started what he came here for.

Tia took a seat as she couldn't stand long with her aching back with Bella by her side, letting out a shaky breath. Dylan was a nervous wreck as Ashley kept squeezing his hand in a calming manner. King Steven sat there watching in anticipation as he prayed for good news.

The doctor did this and that. Putting some devices on king Evans, instructing him to move in that way and try this way, until finally he was done.

His nurses and helpers took care of packing the stuff he used while servants aided king Evans.

The doctor turned to face the young royals. "I am sorry.." he looks at the ground sorrowfully as everyone's face fell. "He won't be able to walk anymore."

Silence. It possessed the room as tension rose, and Tia's silent sobs followed.

"I.. Isn't.." Bella cleared her throat, trying to collect herself. "Isn't there any treatments or solutions for him to.." she pauses? "..walk again?" It was hard for her to utter those two words out loud. She couldn't possibly believe that this was it.

"I am sincerely sorry..." He shook his head. "But there is nothing we can do."

"Thank you.." Dylan's voice was barely audible that he couldn't utter what he was going to command next.

So, Ashley took it into her hands to make the decision. "Accompany the doctor outside, please," She said with authority as two servants nodded at her. "Thanks again for your service."

"My pleasure, your highness." The doctor bowed before exiting. "Your majesties." Then they all were gone. No one was in the room except for the royals.

"Don't be like that.." No one dared to talk, so king Evans took matters into his own hands. "I told you already I am just glad about being alive."

"D...Don't say that, papa." Tia sobbed as she came and sat beside her papa. He took her in his arms as he rubbed her back gently.

Suddenly Dylan's tears start rolling down his cheeks as well.

"My boy.." King Evans's voice broke at his children's view as Bella couldn't keep her tears locked as well and soon followed Dylan.

"Come here, you two." He ushered for the both, and they immediately complied. They ran into their papa's arms like little kids, as they always used to do with each girl in each side of him and Dylan on the ground on his knees with his head laying on his papa's lap.

"I will be okay.." he assured, but it was a failed attempt as it made them just cry more for their only father and mother figure who is left. He didn't deserve that; no one deserved that. Especially a kind man like him. Why continue what's left for him to live disabled,...with motionless legs? He is old enough already; why did that have to happen?

"I will manage," he kept reassuring them. "I will be okay, my children." A lone tear left his eye. He felt sorry for himself—those merciless terrorists.

...

"Stop calling!" Bella groaned as she made her phone on silent then buried her face in the pillow. "I am not answering, and you know it!"

It was nighttime, and Archer has been trying to get a hold of her. Her phone kept buzzing nonstop, him calling her probably to check on her after he heard the news of king Evans, but as usual, she was being a coward and openly ignored him.

Moreover, she wasn't in the mood to talk with anyone about this subject; in fact, she wasn't in the mood to talk at all!

Suddenly, she jerked up from her sleeping position, sitting in an upright position. She held her phone that suddenly stopped buzzing and looked blankly at the black screen.

"Why aren't you giving up?" She talked to the black screen of her phone as if she was talking to Archer himself. "I am treating you like shit. I am giving a hard time with no break..." she sighs. "...yet you still run after me. You are still trying while I am here hiding." She clutched the phone harder between her palms. "What are you waiting for to move on?" But did she want him to move on?

As on cue, her screen lit up, startling her.

A message was sent to her.

His daily texts.

She took a deep breath as with shaky hands she opened his text,

I will get through to you.

And that's all she needed at the moment to fall asleep with those words replaying in her head.

...

Days passed. Days turning into a month with king Evans getting used to his new life without his legs' help. He was doing pretty well, not giving up at all.

Also, he had his family's support. They wouldn't leave him alone. Bella, especially as she had nothing to do, took outstanding care of him. She wouldn't sleep until she knew he was asleep, even though he has servants around him, but she still had to stay by his side.

Another month passed, and he was already forgetting all about him being motionless. It was as life was back to normal.

As for Bella, she still had his side. She wouldn't dare to leave him alone, no matter how much he begged her to.

She also stayed by Tia's side. She visited her every day to check up on her. Paying her doctor visits along with her sister. Checking the baby's gender with Tia and her husband. She was involved in every aspect of her little sister's life, always reminding her of taking her vitamins and do what her doctor advised her to do.

She didn't have time to think about Archer. In fact, she wasn't thinking about him at all except at night when he sent her those one-sentence texts. And she was glad that he was out of her mind.

"So,..." king Evans started as Bella shifted her attention from the television to him. "Your birthday is nearing." In an instant, Bella's body stiffened. Was it that close? "It's almost a week and a half away. We should be preparing for it."

Bella gulped as her palms got sweaty. This subject has and will always be a sensitive one. She hated her birthdays. No, she dreaded them. "No." It was her simple shaky answer.

Too bad king Evans was anticipating this answer already. It wasn't the first time, she has always been like that with him trying to fix her, but it was no use till now.

"Yes, Bella. We will be hosting a birthday party for you." He informed what she already knew. It was a tradition for most royals to host parties for their birthdays. Locals would get free food and generous gifts from the birthday royalty; for them, it was like a festival as the whole kingdom would also be celebrating and in a happy mood.

So, she really never had a say in that subject. But she still wouldn't give up. "Papa, please. We don't need a birthday party this year. You just got in an accident, and Tia is pregnant who will be in labor in two months or so..."

Before she could ramble anymore, king Evans cut her off. "Bella! You ain't getting away with it. We are hosting your birthday party, and you have to try and get over it." He was strict but gentle at the same time. It was for her own good. "You have to come over your fears and nightmares."

"But pap—" Before she could say anything more, a piercing scream roared throughout the entire palace.

They both exchanged horrified looks as king Evans said his thoughts out loud. "What was that?"

Bella rushed with a pounding heart to where she thought the scream came from, praying that everything would be good.

Praying that no one would get hurt anymore from that family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.8K 1.1K 51
** Sequel to There's No Good.** ••• So I'll play the part, they'll have no idea. Both sides will think they're using me. Both sides will think I'm...
4.1M 132K 41
I flinch as his hand reaches to my face, and aggressively pulls down the cloak from my head. He surveys my tear stained face and jewelry all the way...
89K 4.3K 52
Have you ever thought that you would go back in time? Especially, 1000 years ago? Have you ever thought you would fall in love with a person there? ...
8.9K 418 34
Janunu Williams, the most ruthless member of the Royals. Her skills, advanced hearing, and thinking are what makes her the perfect solider. In the ey...