Newt x Reader - The Heart

By aerovxoid

After getting out of the maze alongside your brother and close friend, you cant trust anyone, especially afte... More

DISCLAIMER
Safe Haven.
Is this safe haven really safe?
Is This Safe Haven Really Safe? (pt.2)
The Escape
Shuck Minho
Dont Touch Me
Cranks
A/N
Because of Me
Goodbye
Jorge and Brenda
Hang Tight
A/N
A/N
Thoughts
Party Of The Living Dead
Bertha
The Right Arm
The Attack
A/N
IMPORTANT
The Attack
A/N
Hes Not Here
I got tagged
End It That Way Too
5k special????
gimmie some questions
Long Ride
Flashback
Old Friend
Whats so Funny?
im bad at this.
Bastard
10K!!!❤
Pinkie Promise
Miss Me?
The Inevitable
im a mess rn
Finding A Way
-Thank you-
New Book
TikTok
Im Sorry
Editing/Revising

The Rescue

7.2K 144 56
By aerovxoid

I lean my head back against the hard rock, feeling its rough surface scruff up my hair and scratch my scalp, but I don't move.

"Ugh! They are late." I say as I finally take my head off of the rough surface.

"They will be here." Newt says back to me.

"If we don't hear from them soon, we are screwed." I say as I roughly run my hands through my hair out of frustration.

"Love calm down, we are getting them back today. All of them." Newt says as he looks up at me and gives me a reassuring smile. I roll my eyes at the pet name he gave to me a month ago.

"Do you hear that?" I ask as I look around. I close my eyes and concentrate on the sound. It's a distant but close metal against metal sound.

"Its the train." Newt says as he begins to get things ready. I re-position my gun in my hands and rest it on my knee. I squint my eyes as I begin to see the faint sight of the train inching closer and closer to Newt and I by the second.

"Are they with the train, love?" Newt asks as he still fumbles with the iron smelter (I don't know what you call it)

I look closer to see if I can see any sight of Brenda and Jorge.

"Not yet." I say as I fall back into my original spot, than again letting my head hit the rough surface of the rock.

"Stop doing that, your gonna bloody hurt yourself." Newt says as he puts his hand under my head and pushes my head away from the rock. I shake my head a little and get back into position.

I look over the rock and see the train now very close to Newt and I. I don't really have to look hard to see a truck by its side going full speed. I try to get a good look behind the train and see another truck behind the train.

Thomas and Vince.

I smile as I look back at Newt.

"Their there." I say as I hear a gunshot ring through the air. I jump a little at the sharp sound that reached my ear.

"They are now only maybe two thousand feet or so away from us." I say as I grip my gun tightly, the train inching closer and closer now. In the distance I can see a black blob hovering in the air getting closer to the train. I realize this blob as a berg.

"Its working, Brenda and Jorge should be leading them away, and Thomas and Vince should already be on the train." I say as I see Newt get ready to stand up and run when it's time, the train now only a few hundred feet away. I smile as I see the trains detach from each other in the middle.

It's almost time.

The train screeches as it comes to a halt almost directly in front of us. I get back down behind the rock as Newt does the same just in case the plan didn't go as planned. I hear banging and someone screaming and I infer them as Thomas, who is probably yelling Minho's name to make sure we get the right train. I hear a whistle echo through the mountains and reach my ears.

"Lets go!" I say as I grip my gun tighter and run out from behind the rock, Newt and the others we brought along close to my heel. We reach the train and the others stop on one side while Newt and I go to the other.

"This one!" Thomas yells as he points towards a train cart right in the front. Newt instantly nods and pulls down his goggles and gets to work. He turns on the gas and begins to break the metal apart. Thomas and I go to the front of the train and look across the dead wasteland of the scorch, both of us staring at the other side of the train. My eyes widen as I see black figures emerge from the side of the train. Vince walks up to us and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"It's gonna be close, we gotta hurry" He says before he walks away and pulls out his gun ready to protect Newt and the others. I grip my gun tightly, my finger now hovering over the trigger. Thomas looks at me, I give him a nod telling him to go and get ready. He nods back and runs after Vince as the both climb up the ladders, tying ropes around the train. I go beside Newt, blocking him from the guards. I place my rifle on the side of the train and cock it back so it's ready to fire. I see the figures getting closer and closer, I can see them carrying weapons and they look like they are ready for a fight. I can hear Thomas and Vince frantically running around on top of the train cart, and I can hear the sparks flying about behind me and I can smell the fire burning through the metal, the smell making me slightly cringe.

"Newt how you doing?" Thomas ask as I can hear him finish hooking up one of the ropes.

"Don't rush me." I hear Newt say. I smile and slightly shake my head at his stubbornness. The past six months I have been able to get really close to everyone, especially Newt. I just wish I could have gotten to know Minho better during these long months. I just can't imagine what he has been going through, yes Teresa did say that we will be safe and will not be harmed, but after what happened at the Right Arm I have a hard time believing a word she says. Those thoughts quickly slip out of my head as the piercing sound of a gunshot echoes through the mountains. I look up and see the Wicked guards now very close to up. I don't even hesitate as I point my gun at the head on a guard and pull the trigger, causing the guard to fall down with another piercing loud sound of a gunshot. I point my gun from guard to guard as I am being assisted by Thomas from above. I watch as they drop down to the ground one by one.

"Newt, Y/n get up here!" I hear Thomas yell.

"Almost there!" I hear Newt yell as he continues to melt the metal. "Y/n go!" i hear him yell immediately after. I turn to look at him after I have taken down another guard.

"Are you crazy! You would have no one here to make sure you don't get shot!" I yell as I turn back towards the guards, readying myself to shoot another guard to the floor. Before I can even wrap my pointer finger around the trigger a figure appears in front of me. I look up and see Vince.

"Go! I got him covered!" He yells as he turns around and begins to shoot guards left and right, missing here and there but getting the job done just as well. I hesitate before slinging my gun over my shoulders and beginning to ascend up the ladder. I get to the top and army crawl my way to Thomas who is sprawled out against the top of the container, his gun pointing at different guards. I crawl beside him before pulling out my handgun and shooting down guards alongside Thomas.

"Newt go!" I hear Vince yell as he begins to shoot at guards again. I infer that Newt is done as he begins to climb the ladder. He crawls over Thomas and I also pulling out his handgun, his blonde hair falling perfectly in the middle of his eyes as he does so. I turn my attention back to the guards who are slowly inching their way closer to us.

"Where in the bloody hell are they?" Newt asks as he shoots down another guard.

"I don't know." Thomas quickly answers back as he look around in the sky in search for the berg in the sky.

"What do we do if they don't make it? Or they were killed before they even got into the Berg?" I ask, still keeping my eyes on the guards. Newt looks at me shortly, his brows stitched together before he looks back at the guards.

"Don't even think like that, They are going to be here." He says before he shoots down another guard. Before I can answer I hear a all to familiar humming sound coming from the sky. I look up and see a berg begin to hover above us. Thomas and Newt instantly get to their feet as they grab the connected ropes. The berg lets down a latch as Newt and Thomas begin to pull it down and latch it onto the train. I go to the edge of the train and look down at the two boys below me still shooting down guards.

"Come on guys!" I yell. They both instantly look up to me and nod in agreement before climbing up the ladder. I stand and continue to shoot down the guards, as they now make a full sprint towards the train car.

"Come on Vince!" Thomas yells as the train car begins to slowly ascend upwards. I look over the edge and see Vince begin to climb up the ladder. I reach down to help Vince up but before I can grab onto him I begin to slip off the train car. I scream as I fall off of the train car, I close my eyes tight as I brace myself for impact, but it never comes. I open my eyes and see that I am still ascending upwards, my head now facing down towards the ground. I feel the veins in my head begin to pop out as the blood rushes to my head. I look up and see Newt holding onto my ankle and Thomas holding onto Newt.

"I got you, love" Newt says as he begins to pull me up. As soon as I am back to leveled ground I grab onto Newts arm tight. I look up to him and slightly chuckle and my own stupidity. He helps me get up as we are now a few hundred feet in the air. Thomas fist bumps the air as he yells out a cry in victory. I look at Newt and smile at his adorableness. His hair now messier than before, going in all different ways, but still falling perfectly in the middle of his eyes. He smiles as he looks up towards the sky.

Kinda a lame chapter I know but I just wanted to get this out to you guys as its kinda the start of the new movie so here it is. Sorry for it being so short but hope you enjoy it anyways. Also we hit 1k reads like 2 days and see are already at 1.3k reads! It's so crazy to me and I am so grateful for everyone who is still reading my sucky story. Love you all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7K 332 14
Final installment in WICKED games! Based of The Death Cure movie (sorry book fans, I would, but it's way easier to go through the movie for dialogue...
43K 1K 71
A Newt x Female OC Story I have no collection of anything before coming up from the box. No memories came to me about my past life. The only thing I...
234K 5.9K 17
When Gally gets left behind by the gladers, a group fighting against WCKD finds him and patches him up. In that group there's a girl, Finley, who's b...
315K 7.3K 23
'Sometimes it is the silent observer who sees the most.' || Maze Runner || || Scorch Trials - The Death Cure || || Newt x oc || || COMPLETED ||