Spencer Reid x OC.

By I-Got-Krusty-Krabs

The first step towards success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first... More

Stumbled.
Companions.
What?
Crossing Roads.
Almost Love.
Hidden.
Stirred.
Returns.
Who?
Alone.
Inside.
Friends. 👍👍
Eager.
Differences.
Das Ende.

Story Time.

225 4 1
By I-Got-Krusty-Krabs

Tomorrow will be a new chapter in my life. Isn't this story getting interesting. -Pinterest

Spencer's POV

My desk was filled with work and the court case was due to begin any day soon. Three months had passed since escaping that hell hole and yet when I closed my eyes I saw her and when I slept and night I imagined her there with me. The team all seemed to be a little empty but that didn't matter as we began to get into it again.

"William is gone." The team all stopped and looked at JJ who had just entered the room. She was panicked and I made my way to her Rossi began to talk her down a little. She was hysterical as she began to panic.

"My mum's gone." Emily walked in as a woman in shock. Something had happened and we all slowly moved to our phones. Calls of worry were made as JJ and Emily held the other.

"Sarah is gone. Mum and my other sister are still together though." Morgan announced.

"Haley is gone. Jack was home alone." Hotch let slip and the team didn't feel any better.

"Joy is gone. Her mother hasn't seen her since last night." Rossi announced with his real worry laced in his voice.

"Carlos is gone," Garcia spoke and Morgan wrapped his arms around her.

"Mum is still at the home. No one is missing for me." The team all looked baffled as to why I had been left alone but they moved on quickly. Boards and plans laid out for them all but I stayed reading over what had happened.

The team were all pulling their hair out as the case developed. My mind was the most active as the others focused on the loss of their loved ones. No one was thinking with a level head until after lunch they all stood at the table and managed to take a deep breath to get it together.

The board had maps from countless towns and cities. They were marked and timed as I worked but something was adding up in a bad way. Something was missing from the map.

"I have just had a call from an unknown number. A burner phone and Garcia was not able to trace it. He said that he had all of us. Seven people." The call was a taunt and we were not willing to take the bait that he put out. Our heads had to come together.

"Wait, all of us and seven people. Spencer, he has something or someone for you." For the life of me, I had no clue. I didn't speak to many people and the ones I did were in the room with me, my mum or a few crazy and small conversations with a few girls I didn't really like but fancied a go. They never took the bait either.

"No. You are all here and mum is far away and safe. I spoke to her a few minutes ago. I have no one. What if he took two for one of you?" That seemed more plausible to me and the team.

"We have some hits. The person doing this started with Morgan and moved along to Will this morning. A few people haven't been seen for a while though it is to be a little expected as some are on holiday or in a place of work." Garcia began as we all sat at the table together. My leg was shaking with fear and worry for the team. My glasses I kept putting on and off as the hours trickled by.

"A vehicle." Garcia let a van show on the large screen and we saw a black van drive by the camera. Memories flashed in my mind of the woman but she was behind bars and not coming out anytime soon.

"It was positively identified at all of the scenes and sights. The plate is a fake one but local PD are on it. We have also had a press release set up soon so that JJ you can ask for any information on the van." Garcia kept the team going as she pretended to be jolly and cheerful but her usual attitude was lost and only a small smile took to her face. The pink of her outfit seemed to have died down as her emotions had stirred up.

The office was gloomy and the spaces were in complete silence unless something more was known about the cases. Nothing was really said but as JJ left we all hoped that her words would work.

The TV was placed on and the volume was turned up to try and conceal the silence in the space. Her blond and curly hair flew in the wind as I watched with keen eyes.

"I am Special Agent Jennifer Jareau. I am here to ask that if a single person has seen or heard of a shiny black van with the plate number 'WHF 382' it was last seen here in Quantico Virginia this morning. It was seen headed North though the road could also become East easily. Please we are begging you that if you know anything call us at the BAU on the number, 1-(200)-5323-5556. Thank you." The small piece was spoken but a world of emotion hung heavy in her voice as she spoke.

When JJ had come back we all stared at her and then one by one the others all hugged her until it came to me. Our hug lasted a small while but when she pulled back she smiled and wiped the tears away.

"Something is bound to come from this and I promise you that. You know, we will find all of them." She nodded and her cheeks were a little red where she had been rubbing them and the tears had softened the skin that was beneath her dazzling eyes. My mind had been fried with work.

"What if they took that Anna girl Derek?" My voice then announced as we all sat at a table flicking through pages.

"I'll phone her but I don't see why she would have." He forced the book pages to stay well apart by pushing down on them and he got his phone out. His tongue kept licking both of his lips and then bringing them back into the gap between his teeth.

"Hello, Sweet one. I was just checking that you were okay. Yeah, I am. Just a case and well if I am honest you may be in danger. Don't go out alone. Wait, when did this all happen? Can you tell me where? Yep, yep, and what did it look like? Well, avoid it at all costs thank you." I stood and on a map drew a line from the university and wrote down her name.

"No Spencer. No attempt was made on her. It was Aurora. She was going on a trip with a few of the people on her course and a large black and shiny van took her. Apparently, Aurora had used Uber to get there just like everyone else but her Uber arrived after everyone else's. A receptionist came to their room to tell Aurora that the ride was there but Anna told them she had already left to go. Anna clearly remembered the van because Aurora was sweating it as soon as she saw it was a van and it was the first time she would spend so much time to herself since the incident. Reid, she went on that holiday but I have a feeling she never even arrived at the airport. I will phone the university now to see if she is with them." In a matter of seconds, I went from relatively calm to complete panic. Nothing like facing a fear of vans like getting abducted in one for the second time.

"I'll do it, Derek. She will be fine. Safe." I was telling myself not him that he was wrong and my Aurora was safe and tucked in at the hotel room or out seeing the scenes with her classmates. I took my phone from the holder and dialled the number I had hoped to for too long. Not once did I ever click call until that moment though.

"Hello I am Doctor Spencer Reid and I am calling from the FBI. I just need to know if a student of yours ever made it to the trip her class was attending. Her name is Aurora Dawn Goudier. She is studying Arts. Thank you. Oh alright. Thanks." When the phone went dead my heart was so fast I couldn't even breathe.

"She never got to the airport." Derek took the pen from my hand and wrote on the board the day's date and a time a little after Will. She should have been at the airport in another state but she wasn't. Aurora was not stupid and so I didn't understand why she got into the van.

"Why did she get in though? When we were walking together every time a black van was passing she got as far from it as possible until it passed. For her to get in she would be dying inside. She would have rebooked the service or something." I remembered how fiercely independent she always was and I realised why. She wanted to deal with her fears.

"Spencer when you tried to help her with the salt she called you an arse violin in some other Language. Something tells me she did this to face up to her fears but it has not gone well." My hands wiped over my face to try and relax but I kept working myself up.

"Come on my Pretties you have an address that is linked with the van. All courtesy of your tech guru. Me." Hotch took the paper from her hand and read through the paper in an instant.

"Gear up." His eyes didn't leave the paper for another second but the rest of the team were on their feet and leaving. I was the last to go as we all desperately moved to the car allocated. We moved in an order as the cars came to view.

The drive was long but the night was only just at an end for us so we still had a few more hours until we needed to sleep again. My eyes stayed wide open as I hoped to just catch a glimpse of Aurora.

The drive was a small one with only just enough room for one car. The house seemed a little empty and drafty. No lights were on and the house looked like it may fall down if someone stared at it for too long. Creaks and cracks screamed danger to me but it wasn't important as Aurora filled into my mind and I needed her with me.

Derek headed in and we all followed, guns in hand as well as torches. Hotch waved us in just before him and slowly the dreaded words were spoken.

"Clear." Was shouted from every room in the house. They weren't there and so we shouldn't have been there either. Tired and disbelieving looks were made as we all kept in a circular shape in the centre of the room. My head dropped to the ground and I held my tears back as Morgan told Garcia. For the first time ever she stayed completely in silence.

We were on the drive back when Derek was suddenly turning left. Hotch began to shout hate at him but he followed. Clearly, the man had a good reason to be doing something so drastically. JJ answered the phone as Emily rang her.

"Alright. Thanks. The security footage has finally come back and the van was seen in this direction." Sirens began to blare as we all kept our backs up straight. The vests had stayed on so in most ways we were ready.

When the cars finally pulled up we shot out and to our feet. My eyes seemed far wider open as we stood at the door. Three knocks and then a bang. We had entered the old building. It was an odd mix between a house and a barn as wood kept to the outside but the structure and style was house like. The arching roof made me believe a barn to be the first form of the building.

As soon as we entered a man was stood with a gun loaded. Before he could pull the small trigger Derek shot him down and the man fell. We believed it to be two people so our eyes stayed open for the other. Before the next door could be opened to the small and strangely shaped building a man pulled a gun out on Derek again. There was a repeat and two bodies laid on the floor. The police headed in before anyone else could and a loud shout came making us all relax.

"In here. Sending them out." Will was the first one out and his face was littered with a few clusters of abuse. Scratches and bad bruising covered his face. JJ was spotted and they embraced. The morning sun seemed to make the scene even more meaningful. Soon Haley followed and the two may have been struggling but the way they hugged seemed to make it all disappear. One by one every person had come out aside from Aurora.

When she left the room her hair seemed to be more natural than it had been in the past. Dirt and scratches covered her face and small body. She looked the worst by far and judging buy her hand laid on her ribs she had possibly broken them. Her face was blank and she just stared around at the happy people. She looked like she wanted to cry. When her eyes met mine they lit up in a little happiness though I immediately felt a little embarrassed so tried to look busy with anything. I kept her in my peripheral vision until someone called my name and I did a full 360. By the time I had turned back to the same place she was gone.

I searched around me for her and as I looked to my right she was headed away to be alone. As I saw her she seemed to look up and around and I followed her eye line. It gave me a sense of déjà vu and I dreaded to think how she had felt about it all. This silent question was answered as her small feet lifted and she began to run. My feet had begun to move before my mind had even let on that she had moved. I was running after her but she had gone. I was running to help and catch her but she was running from it all. From the memories and she was a hell of a lot better at it than I was.

When I came back Will stopped me and gave me a hug. He had seen my lost and fed up look. Despite all he had gone through he still saw me at his time of need.

"I guess she was here for you. He kept telling her that you wanted to visit her but you just left. Anyway, she kept speaking another sort of language. Something like 'Niht noc einml. Hilp mire nokmal' or similar." When Will had stopped I looked baffled. She was beyond scared and still she spoke German to others.

"Nicht noch einmal. Hilf mir nochmal. It means 'not again. Help me again' Carlos told me and I felt guilt eat at me. She was in all of that fear and she kept asking for help. It was like last time but I didn't even try to help. The team could have done it without me and there would be no difference aside from the fact that Aurora wouldn't have to run for the two miles to the university. My hands cupped my face as I thought about my stupidity.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 5.2K 35
" People hurt people all the time Aaron, and sometimes when your life is filled to the brim with hurt, you can't help but wait for things to start fa...
3.7K 122 20
The BAU is filled with special souls who work hard and also members who try harder. For some it is natural and others prefer to do their work on thei...
582 3 13
after working with the BAU for years, this one case is impossible. the case with Spencer Reid as the unsub. sure its your job to take him down, why n...
1.1K 58 27
Rose although coming from an elite family, she always wanted to prove something more in her family that she can handle herself even if they treat her...