Some People Hope (Frank Iero...

By haleyukulele

In this prequel to Carry On This Way (A Gerard Way Fanfiction) , fourteen year old Ally Shores is in her firs... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46 ~ Epilogue

Chapter 9

449 20 11
By haleyukulele

So this chapter is dedicated to BringMoreKnives because I loved her story and it really helped my writing to improve! Thank you so much!  

______________ 

"But, where is he?" I asked myself, sitting down my the drinks and snacks, I didn't feel like eating though. "He should be here by now. It started like, an hour ago." 

Yeah, I spent that long looking; Almost an hour. This was the first time I had been asked to a dance, I guess it was to good to be true. I mean, who does that?! Asks a girl to a dance, and doesn't even show up. No, there has to be some good reason. 

Maybe he had a family emergency, or got hurt, maybe he forgot to ask someone to drop him off or to ask permission. There had to be a good reason behind it. Lucas wouldn't do that to me.  

****** 

*An hour later* 

I got up and left the gym, I wanted to make sure he wasn't out there for some reason. I wondered through vacant halls, and nothing. I just couldn't find him. I sighed and bit my lips as I pushed the door open, entering the gym again. 

I sat off to the side and twiddled my thumbs as my gaze fall. 

"It was supposed to be... Perfect." I thought to myself. "I was supposed to be dancing with Lucas and talking, laughing with him. 

"I looked around at everyone else that was having fun. They were getting what they wanted, dancing with their friends, laughing, having a good time. Meanwhile, there I was, all alone. 

One by one, kids left, leaving the room more and more empty, until it was just me. Music still softly played in the back round as I waited for my mom. Footsteps slightly echoed, but I ignored them, until whoever it was stopped in front of me. 

"What's wrong?" He asked, I looked up and saw Frank. He sat beside me. 

"Lucas didn't even show up." I answered with, my voice cracking as my gaze fell again, I continued to twiddle my thumbs. "So I'm just waiting for my mom."  

"I'm sorry Ally." He sympathetically said. "You don't deserve that." 

We sat in silence for the next few minutes. I was comparing what I thought it would be like, to what it actually was. It was horrible. I felt worthless. 

"You look beautiful, by the way." He broke the silence with. 

"Thanks." I replied. "but obviously not enough for my date to even show up."  

"Well then it's his loss." He stood up saying. 

I slowly looked up to see him holding out a hand for me to take. I was a bit hesitant, but took it. He pulled me to the middle of the room, where the music was a bit louder and placed a hand on my side, and took my hand in the other. 

I rested my hand on his arm. The corners of my lips turned up as we both realized how much we suck at dancing. We kept looking down at our feet, and I even stepped on his foot a couple times. 

"Owe." He laughed. "We really suck at this." 

"I know." I replied. "So, I take it you didn't fins a date? Where were you?" 

"No, I didn't." He explained. "I was cleaning out my locker." 

"Well, I'm glad you're here now." 

"Me too." He whispered, pulling me a bit closer to him. 

Frank was always there for me, even then. I still really hoped that Lucas had a really good reason for not showing up after asking me. 

************ 

"I don't have school today!" I cheered, after I got ready for the day. I was hoping to spend it with Frank. "Wait, dammit! If there's no school for the summer, then how am I supposed to talk to Lucas!? Why the hell didn't I ask for his number!?" 

I went down the stairs, and saw the table ready, my favorite breakfast was there; Chocolate milk, pancakes, and bacon! Yummy! 

"Happy birthday Ally!" My mom and Kenny said. 

"Thanks guys." I replied, sitting down to eat. 

I stuffed my face with the delicious food. 

"Are you in a hurry?" My mom asked, furrowing her eyebrows at my piggyness. 

"Not really, kind of." I replied. "Frank wanted to do something 'special' with me." I used air quotes on "special". 

She parted her lips, but was interrupted by the door. 

I got up to answer it and was greeted with Frank one of a kind smile. 

"Hey Frankie." I said, letting him in and returning the smile. 

He brought me in for a bone crushing hug. "Happy birthday!" He said. "You're fifteen now, hey! Me too!" 

I gave a laugh, as did he. "Mom, you don't mind if we leave, do you?" I asked. 

"Nope, go ahead, have fun." She said with a smile. 

"Thanks!" I waved. 

Frank and I started down the sidewalk. The warm sun shined on our faces and a cool breeze went with it. 

"So Frankie," I said as he slid his hand into mine, "where are we going?" 

"We're going to start out at a coffee shop, take a walk down Melody trail. hang out and Amelia pond, and whatever." He explained. 

"Sounds awesome!" I replied. "Thank you." 

We entered the coffee shop, and he went to order, I went to find a seat. It was supuer crowded, but there weren't a lot of empty tables. I found one, and on my way over to it, I saw a table with just one kid. 

It was Lucas. 

I bit my lip, not knowing whether to go and talk to him, or ignore the fact that he was there. I walked passed him, turning my head towards the door so he couldn't see my face. 

Frank started walking towards me, and he was about to walk passed Lucas. I once again bit my lip. Frank didn't do anything but glare at him.... For now. 

"Thanks."  said as he handed me my coffee. 

"So if you want be to punch him or something that's okay, I cant do that for you." He said as he sat across the table from me.  

"No, it's okay." I replied.  

"Nah, he's not worth it anyway." 

*********** 

The sun peeked out from behind the trees as we walked side- by- side. A cool breeze blew the trees around a bit. I could hear the birds all around us and even some frogs croaking. To car noises, no loud people, no one else at all, it was quiet, and just me and Frank. 

"I wanted to thank you for taking me here." I said as we continued down the trail. "I really love it, thanks." 

"No problem." He replied, ruining his hands through his hair. "I love coming here with you. I've been here by myself, and it's just not the same." 

"Me too, I like it better when you're here." I said with a smile, playfully punching his shoulder. 

"Okay, I actually can't promise I won't punch Lucas when I see him again Ally." 

"Why?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. 

"Because you did not deserve what he did to you." He explained. "You were so happy and excited that someone asked you. But he didn't even come, that's just horrible. He doesn't deserve you. And I don't want that to happen to you ever again." 

"Frank, I told you, it's not your job to protect me." I muttered. 

"I don't care." He firmly said, stopping and turning to me, taking both my hands in his. "Because I always will."  

I stared into his deep hazel eyes the gleamed in the sunlight. And his little smile, with his lip ring. I actually loved that thing. 

He leaned towards me, placing a hand on the side of my face. And kissed my forehead. 

"Let's head back, we can just relax by the pond." He said with a smile.   

*******  

I plopped down next to Frank on the soft grass. As he slowly reached for my hand, my mind wondered... Again. 

~Flash back~ 

I cried into his shoulder as he held me in his arms. I never wanted him to let go of me at the time. I was eleven and my dad's mom had died. I was in my room on my bed crying, and that' probably when Frankie saw me, from his window. 

He rushed over and wanted to do everything he could. 

"I didn't want her to go Frankie." I whimpered. "I wanted her to stay, forever." 

A tear an down his cheek.  "I'm sorry about her, I really am. But she's in a better place now. People don't stay forever Ally." 

"But you will." I said, my voice was higher pitched than it is now because I was little. "You will stay with me forever, right?" 

"Definitely." He assured me. "I'm not going anywhere, and if I do, I'll take you with me, okay?" 

~End flash back~  

I took his hand. 

"How's your day been so far Ally?" He asked me, turning his head and fixing his gaze on me. 

"Awesome." I replied, meeting his gaze. "It's been great, thanks to you. I would just be sitting around at home if you didn't want to do something." 

"So would I." He chuckled. "I don't have anything to do besides play my guitar. I don't run off with other friends, don't really have any." 

"Aw, who needs 'em." I said, flopping my wrist. "At least we gave each other." I said in a high voice as I moved closer, acknowledging the cheesiness. 

He gave a laugh and sat up. "Okay, I have something for you." He said, pulling something out of his pocket. 

It was a little square black box. He handed it to me as I looked at him with an eyebrow raised. Excepting it, I examining it, wondering what it could be. 

I finally opened it and and bit my smile at the sight of a little sliver and light blue heart shaped locket.  

I wrapped my arms around the back of his neck, almost pushing him over. "Oh my gosh." I said. "I love it so much, thank you!" 

"I'm glad you like it." He said, returning the smile, and the hug. "Here, put it on." 

He pulled it out of the box and motioned for me to move my hair out of the way. Apparently he wanted to put it on me. I brushed my light brown hair to the side as he held the neckless up, put it around my neck. He fastened the back of it and I let my hair fall back in place. 

He held the locket with the tips of his fingers. "It looks great on you." He said with a smile, releasing it. 

I looked at it, and couldn't hold back a smile. It was beautiful. And I knew just what to put in it too. 

********** 

"Mom I'm home." I said, walking in the door with Frank close behind me. 

She looked over at me and didn't reply. She had an angry face on. I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"Mom, what.. What's wrong?" I asked. 

She slammed a dish on the counter before answering with, "your father. He comes home and acts like an ass to me. And I'm just supposed to take it. I am just so sick of his crap. And now he's run off, God knows where, probably getting drunk off his ass." He stormed out of the room saying. 

I stood there, feeling terrible. It was  my birthday, dad was out getting drunk, and mom was now in her room for the night. No family fun or anything. 

My head dropped as Frank put his arm around me. "Ally, I-I'm really sorry." He said with sympathy in his voice. "Are you okay?" 

"I'll be okay I guess." I sighed, starting towards the stairs. 

"Ally." He said, stepping in front of me. "Are you sure?" 

"Yeah, don't worry." I assured him with. "Thanks for taking me today, I really appreciate, especially now." 

"Anytime." He replied. 

"Goodnight." I said, kissing him on the cheek.  

"Goodnight, I'll see you tomorrow." He said as he left. 

******* 

I sat on my bed with my drawing book, relaxing a bit before I actually went to bed. Looked up, and out my window to see Frank sitting on his bed with his guitar. He was playing it, and it looked like he was singing too. 

I got up and went to my window. I opened it and could hear him a bit, his window was slightly opened as well. 

It sounded like he was singing, 

"I'm not sure what they said, but if it's true I'll bet it's just one more thing I'll regret. I hate my weakness, they made me who I am," yeah it's cool I'll be okay", as I felt you pain wash over me. I dry your eyes and hide my shakes cause I hate the look that's on you face. These things inside my head, they never seem to make much sense.." Then he looked up and saw me smiling at him. 

He returned the smile and went to his window, opening more. He sat in his windowsill and strummed hi guitar. 

"Are you eaves dropping?" He smirked. 

"Maybe." I replied. "You sound great." 

"Thanks." He said, continuing to strum it. He started to play a Green Day song called "I Was There" My face lit up as he did. And a smile spread across my face as he started to sing.  

"Looking back what I have done

"There's lots more life to live

"At times I feel overwhelmed

"I question what I can give

"But I don't let it get me down

"Or cause me too much sorrow

"There's no doubt about who I am

"I always have tomorrow

"I look into the past

"I want to make it last

"I was there

"I look into the past

"I want to make it last

"I was there!"  

I applauded as he finished. He looked over at me with a smile. "That was awesome!" I said. 

"Thanks, it was fun." He replied.

 "You sounded and played great! I love that song." I explained. 

"That was the point." He smirked. 

"I should get to bed now, goodnight Frankie." I said, leaving my window open a bit as I plopped down on my bed, getting under the covers. 

I could still hear him playing, which was really cool. I dozed off to sleep as he continued. 

___________________ 

Sooooo,  please vote and comment! Thanks for reading! If you like it, do it! 

Xoxo 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

863K 45.7K 32
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
11.4M 296K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
778K 30.6K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
2M 106K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...