SHY | DAHMO

By kimwig

"After all these years, you still look extremely cute when you're shy" A story in which Kim Dahyun falls in l... More

Chapter 1: Back home
Chapter 3: Soju or beer?
Chapter 4: She left
Chapter 5: I'm proud of you
Chapter 6: It's been a long time
Chapter 7: Nice to meet you
Chapter 8: An apology
Chapter 9: Relief
Chapter 10: Cliche
Chapter 11: Chicken
Chapter 12: Alzheimers
Chapter 13: Lesbean
Chapter 14: Cute
Chapter 15: Together
Chapter 16: Good Morning
Chapter 17: Disgusted
Chapter 18: We're too old for this
Chapter 19: Truth or Dare
Chapter 20: I adore you
Chapter 21: Cherry Lip Balm
Chapter 22: You just know
Chapter 23: Coffee
Chapter 24: I'll be there
Chapter 25: Isn't it weird?
Chapter 26: Moving
Chapter 27: Criticized
Chapter 28: Weak
Chapter 29: Cheer up, baby
Chapter 30: Punishment
Chapter 31: Psychic
Chapter 32: Missing
Chapter 33: Prank
Chapter 34: Nightmare
Chapter 35: Velvet
Chapter 36: Chance
Chapter 37: Naive
Chapter 38: I care
Chapter 39: Hold me
Chapter 40: Failure
Chapter 41: Crush
Chapter 42: Happy Birthday
Chapter 43: Goodnight
Chapter 44: Be as One
Chapter 45: Surprise
EGOTISTIC | Dahmo

Chapter 2: The song

14.2K 524 1.1K
By kimwig

Dahyun's P.O.V (Point Of View)

The car ride back home was awkwardly quiet, the only thing that could be heard was a song playing from the radio. The song was calming and the girl singing it had a beautiful voice that for some reason I thought I've heard before.

"So Wendy.." my brother started breaking the awkward silence between the 3 of us "Since it's late I think you could crash at my place tonight. Only if that's okay with you" he continued looking at the rear view mirror of his small car "Yes thank you!" she replied from the back seat smiling "But I'll be leaving for my parents house tomorrow morning." she added cocking her head to the side so she could look at me. I nod looking out of the window focusing now on the familiar voice coming from the radio.

I move to turn up the volume only to meet my brother's intense stare "You like the song?" he asked focusing back on the road "I- The voice of the girl sounds familiar" I reply looking away from his face still being very awkward around him "Oh I see!" Jin says signing quietly to the song "Its called 'Gone'. It is about the pain one feels when they're away of their loved ones. It's Park Jihyo's newest single, she even wrote the lyrics! " he exclaims stopping the car and stepping out of it. I freeze at the sound of my old high school friend's name.

Although, I didn't care about school and never actually graduated before I dropped out when I was 17 I would only attend classes to be with my friends.

Stepping out of Seokjin's car and walking in his apartment I plop on the couch looking at the ceiling, the memory of my old high school friends stuck on my mind.

Park Jihyo, the mom. Jihyo is the most kind and smart person in the world. She always cared about my and the rest of her friends' well being and would do everything to protect us and make us happy.

Because of the way she would scold us for doing something small like cheating on a test, we would call her mom as a joke. She wanted the best for all of us and was willing to sacrifice everything for our friendship.

"I will forever be by your side Dubu even if you think I'm gone." was what she constantly said to me.

Her passion for singing and composing was something I admired and the hard work she put to it paid off. If I wasn't so selfish I would be able to be by her side on the best day of her life, the day she started training under JYP entertainment.

Im Nayeon, the cute one. Nayeon was the sunshine of our group. Her beauty and lively personality was what made her stood out.

She was supportive of all of my decisions and was always proud of every little accomplishment of mine.

"I'm proud of you Dahyun you've come a long way" she would say everytime I had reached a small goal, like scoring 50% on an English test.

Her cute ways of always showing affection was something I really appreciated. When I was stressed or
sad she would comfort me by hugging me and softly sing my mother group's songs in my ear. She always managed to calm me down and I'm still thankful.

And in the end what did she got in return, you might ask? Her heart broken and the close relationship with Jeongyeon destroyed and it's basically all my fault.

Yoo Jeongyeon, the comedian. Jeongyeon was and still is to this day the funniest person I've ever met.

"A joke a day keeps the doctor away" was her moto and she actually lived by it.

Even though we always teased her about her jokes and pretended they weren't funny at all we still loved to hear them. Her sarcastic remarks and dad jokes would turn my horrible days to bearable ones.

When I was younger I couldn't wait to hang out with her so I could hear all of her fake funny stories about aliens and mythical creatures.

Unlike Nayeon, she never showed how she felt and would always say how much she hated skinship and kisses.

Thinking about how much I damaged her relationship with Nayeon and how much I hurt her when I left, I feel guilty. I never intended on making her bright smile disappear.

Minatozaki Sana, the lovely one. Sana is a girl with a bubbly personality. Even when times are hard she never stops smiling and always works for the best.

"I know you will do everything to succeed but please look after yourself" was what she would often say to me when she saw me overworking myself.

Sana's beautiful, sparkly eyes are the thing I remember clearly about her.

The thing I regret the most doing was leaving when the loveliest girl in the world was in the hospital being diagnosed with stage 1 cancer. I hope she's okay and the spark in her beautiful eyes never left.

Myoui Mina, the quiet one. Mina was the quietest in the group. She didn't talk much but always knew how to cheer us up.

"Treat people the way you want to be treated" was the quote she lived by. She is kind, calm and rarely breaks down or gets angry.

She loves skinship and showing affection even though she is too shy to do so. Her soft voice and exceptional dancing skills were the traits that defined her.

I always found myself staring at the way her body moved when she danced ballet, her movements were soft and smooth. I wish I wasn't so dumb and didn't leave when she got accepted to Juilliard, her biggest dream.

Son Chaeyoung, the artist. Chaeyoung was my best friend. We grew up together and she was by my side even when my mother passed.

Chaeyoung was the one that always believed in me and my will to pursue my dreams even if that meant she would lose me.

"Your mom is definitely proud of you" she would say smiling cutely everytime I was sad.

She loved drawing and was extremely talented at it. Chaeyoung's art was mesmerizing, her drawings would always take my breath away.

Her small figure and dimples made her seem like an easy target but she was tougher than all of us combined.

When everyone in school would give her a hard time about the scandals her father's company was involved in, she didn't give up. She stood up for her family and changed everyone's opinion about the company that is now one of the biggest manufacturing companies in Seoul.

Last but not least, Chou Tzuyu. Tzuyu is the strongest person I know. The girl had a tough childhood but would rarely talk about it.

She truly is a person with a good heart even though people viewed her as cold and mean. She was usually getting picked on at school because of her behaviour but she never listened to them or even cared.

The truth is that Tzuyu isn't cold, she's the exact opposite. Her savage comments are what stood out most about her and it's probably the reason people thought she was mean. Her humoristic roasts were what I enjoyed hearing the most because they always made us laugh along with Jeongyeon's jokes.

Tzuyu is considerate and loves helping people out. Even though we weren't as close I know for a fact that she's very kind and smart. She was the one who stayed by Sana's side when she got sick and helped her through everything.

Tzuyu never admits to loving people because she thinks she isn't taken seriously. I hope she has found someone to truly love her for the way she is because she deserves it.

[...]

"Dahyun?" Jin's voice echoed through the halls of his small apartment and I immediately snapped out of my thoughts. I sat up from the couch to help him carry my and Wendy's lagguage "Are you okay?" he asked, smiling sweetly at me.

"Yeah I was just thinking about stuff" I replied quietly before moving with him to the guest room.

"Wash up, rest and later come back down" my brother instructed "We have catching up to do!" he sang out moving out of the room and closing the door behind him.

I sighed, slowly moving to the bathroom to wash up. I could hear him making stupid dad jokes to crack Wendy up while showering.

I've truly missed this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 6.1K 64
"I loved you first, but why can't you pick me?" • Highest ranking is #73(12/3/17)❤ • When reality meets fiction..
HOME By Ace

Fanfiction

13.8K 672 85
"You feel like home, and everywhere I've never been all at once" Twice fanfiction. Date started: February 4, 2021 Date ended: June 24, 2022 Highest R...
116K 5.2K 52
From the first time I look into your eyes, My heart keeps whispering me "You are the one"
103K 5.8K 32
[Book 2 of 30 Days in love with a stranger] "It is not the end.. our story is just begin"