The Crystal Keepers Book One:...

Autorstwa TerraEclipse

(Watty Awards 2012) Fourteen year old Himara Shawā lived a normal, High School student life until she starts... Więcej

Chapter One: A Peculiar and Persistant Dream
Chapter Two: A Semi-Normal First Day Back
Chapter Three: A Mysterious Object Appears
Chapter Four: A Nightmare Come True?
Chapter Five: Returing and Trying to Explain
Chapter Six: A Surreal World
Chapter Seven: A Surprise Encouter
Chapter Eight: The Search Begins
Chapter Nine: Too Much Confusion
Chapter Ten: Another Strange School Day
Chapter Eleven: Looking for Some Answers
Chapter Twelve: A Terrifying Opponent
Chapter Thirteen: Discouragement
Chapter Fourteen: A New Lead
Chapter Fifteen: Arriving in Verta City
Chapter Sixteen: A Fiery Arguement
Chapter Seventeen: Nervous for Nothing
Chapter Eighteen: Something Unexpected
Chapter Nineteen: Three Down, Two to Go
Chapter Twenty: A Sharpshooting Stranger
Chapter Twenty-Two: Cluttered Thoughts
Chapter Twenty-Three: Reminiscing in the Mourning
Chapter Twenty-Four: A Bittersweet Time
Chapter Twenty-Five: One Left
Chapter Twenty-Six: Violets in Violette
Chapter Twenty-Seven: This Isn't Possible
Chapter Twenty-Eight:Trying...and Succeeding
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-One: Make it Stop

55 0 0
Autorstwa TerraEclipse

   "...Crystal...FLARE!!!" Himara shouted as she flung the blazing ball of fire at the monstrosity of a creature. The bird was shoved back, it's left wing burning thus plummeting to the ground. It screeched in horrifying pain when it hit the rock hard ground below and from the scorching burns. Himara couldn't help but have a tad sense of sympathy for it, but she quickly shook her head to bash the thought and replaced it for the fact that it was plagued by darkness and it would be best to put it out of its misery.

   "Yūro, go!!" Himara ordered while majestically floating back down, streams of fiery flames spinning around her body.

   "G...got it!!" Yūro replied as he jumped up and jammed his steel gray axe hard into the ground. A crack ran along from the tip of the axe and divided until they surrounded under the ferocious fowl. The shapes drawn out of all the cracks thrusted up at irregular timings, nearly taking the life of the creature. It squawked in agonizing pains and so Yūro tugged at the axe dug deep in the ground 'til he almost toppled over with it successfully in his right hand.

   The bird monster laid barely alive on the ground several meters away. Its burning had seized, however it was still brutally scathed.

   "I...think we did it," Himara panted tiredly.

   Kazera's eyes were glazed and focused directly on the husk of the nightmarish pheasant. "It's...still alive."

   "H-huh?" Yūro said while cocking his head to the side.

   "L-look!!" Kazera pointed her outstretched left hand towards the half-human, half-bird who seemed to be slowly dying.

   It suddenly hopped back up onto its feet-Er, talons. Himara mused.-and gave another extremely loud KAW. Kazera dislodged her platinum spear that hung on her back and grasped it with both hands.

   "Don't worry, I've learned from your demonstrations!! I can do this," she announced with a confident smile on her bubblegum pink lips. "Just go somewhere safe!"

   Himara and Yūro did as she said and bolted into the lush woods to the right. Kazera faced the intimidating beast and took a deep breath.

   The creature lunged forward and snapped at her with its voluminous beak. She, being quite agile, leaped to the left just in time to dodge the oncoming attack.

   "This is it," she muttered to herself. "It's time to see what this crystal can do!!"

   Kazera began to twirl the spear in her right hand as if she was a cheerleader and it was her baton. Himara peered through the brambles and watched in amazement as all around Kazera, a mini, mint green tornado was forming. She lifted her right hand and spun her platinum spear now with both hands above her head. It acted similar to a propeller, raising her high into the air, increasing the size of the tornado. The bird gazed at her, not moving, looking almost hypnotized by her magic. Himara and Yūro were no different either.

   The tornado was raging violently, however it was translucent enough that you could see Kazera through it. She halted the spear's movement and shouted melodically, "Crystal...STORM!!" and slashed the spear towards the bird human. Following the movement, the now humongous green tornado flew at the creature, launching in backwards and onto the stone hard ground once again. Kazera hovered back down with an accomplished look on her face.

   She hooked her platinum spear back onto her back as Himara and Yūro hurriedly ran out of the forest and towards Kazera. Just then, the bird beast dissipated into the night black mist and disappeared into the woods.

   Himara gazed at Kazera with joy. "You did it!!" she sang.

   "I know, aren't I awesome?" Kazera gloated.

   "Yeah, suuuure," Himara replied sarcastically.

   Kazera glared back at her with an angry frown. She opened her mouth to say something, however it seemed to open even more as she stared astonished at something.

   "What?" Yūro asked, perplexed.

   They quickly turned around to find a man standing a few meters away with a gleeful smile on his pale ivory face. Kuchi. Himara's heart began to flutter like a giant butterfly in her chest for a reason she is not sure of.

   "H-he just transformed f-from black mist into...into-" Kazera babbled while moving up beside Yūro at the edge of their horizontal line.

   "A person? Well, it would make sense for you to be freaked out, for you and you-" Kuchi pointed with his right hand at Yūro. "-haven't met me yet."

   "Yet?" Yūro questioned.

   "Yes you see, Himara and I here have already gotten acquainted with each other, very acquainted." He stared seductively at Himara which did not help her heart reduce its pace. "Isn't that right, Himara?" He brushed some of his dark, sky blue hair away from his face.

   "W-well..."

   "Who is this, Himara?"

   "Why did he just like, shape-shift or whatever?!"

   "Isn't he an enemy?"

   "I may not be good at words but, what does he mean by acquainted?"

   Himara's head felt like a pot filled with bubbling, steaming hot water about to spill over with frustration. Kuchi remained gazing intently at her, which didn't to any good for her at all while Yūro and Kazera constantly asked questions.

   "I'm sorry!" she yelled, trying to drown out everything. "I-I don't really know what to say," she said, flustered.

   "Apologies, it's my fault for giving the wrong impression," Kuchi explained to Kazera and Yūro in his fur soft voice. "Yes, I am in fact one of the darkness. And I was the one who summoned that monster to fight you. I was hoping it would stand a long battle that would end in my favor but, it seems you two found another member for your Crystal Club. So it's time I leave and find another beast that hopefully can eliminate you Clubbies."

   "We are Crystal Keepers you weirdo!!" Kazera shouted, showing a bit of fear of Kuchi.

   Kuchi sighed. "I guess you need my name then since you there can't seem to think of a more vicious word. It's Kuchi Mizuru."

   "I don't know why I'm introducing myself to someone that's gonna have to be killed in the end, but I'm still doing it. I'm Chikyūro No-Funkanyo but you can call me-"

   "Chikkie, I'll call you Chikkie. Now what's the green haired one's?" Kuchi was pleased to see Yūro's face turn tomato red.

   "Kazera. Kazera Saikuron. And I can say it myself!!" she said furiously.

   "And I know your name," Kuchi said alluringly to Himara. "Well, I've remained here for too long, I will see you losers later. Well, you two are losers-" he pointed his index and middle finger on his left hand at Yūro and Kazera. "-but not you!" He said with a musical ring while turning his head to face Himara.

   Her eyes met his, and the feeling went through her again. Her stomach began to get that warm, cozy feeling and she could hear her heart thumping THABUMP THABUMP THABUMP in her ears, and she could swear they could too. It started to race even faster as Kuchi swiftly stroked the left side of her face with his tender, right hand. She stood, frozen in place as if her feet were glued to the dirt path.

   "Bye!!" Kuchi sang happily as he dissolved into translucent black mist and hovered into the forest now on their left.

   Kazera and Yūro then turned to face Himara with their arms crossed and puzzled facial expressions. Himara knew they were insinuating that they wanted some answers.

   I'm sorry you guys are confused and are gonna be upset when I tell you everything, but you aren't the only one with a bunch of questions. I, too are quite confused about all that's going on. But there's one thing I may never be able to figure out... And that's my feelings for Kuchi. I wish that sensation would stop every single time I see him!! Sigh...everything just gets more confusing everyday!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   I hope you're all liking this so far!! But I'll be surprised if anyone's made it this far. There's so many chapters!!! TOO many. So I will probably do the thing I said I might do two chapters ago. Please, please, PLEASE comment and fan me!! It would mean so much!! <:D

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

168K 8.3K 49
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...
28.8M 914K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
71.7K 660 12
အသက်ရွယ်ကန့်သက်ချက်တွေ လွန်လွန်ကြူးကြူးပါဝင်လို့ ကိုယ့်ဟာကိုယ် ဆင်ခြင်ဖတ်ပါ။