Chapter Twenty-Four: A Bittersweet Time

Himara's half-open and dazed eyes gushed out tears of misery as she observed the glimmering sun already risen above the field's horizon. She felt as though a huge lump was caught in her throat while sputtering words to herself.

   "W-w-why... Why did they have to go...at such an early time?" Himara whimpered. "It's not fair...just not fair to have my parents taken away from me!!"

   "A-are you okay, Himara?" a soft and gentle voice spoke behind her back.

   Quickly turning 'round, she realized that it was Yūro slowly approaching her. He moved at a cautious pace, knowing just in case she didn't feel like talking to him, that it would be alright.

   "Yūro..," Himara's azure eyes were locked with Yūro's emerald eyes as she stood still as a statue there, facing him.

   Yūro was somewhat mesmerized by what he was gazing at. The silhouette of Himara against the sun and the sparkling teardrops that fell gracefully from her both depressed and thankful face... It was a quite tranquil scene.

   Himara rushed towards him with arms wide open. He was caught off guard, almost being knocked over by her momentum. She wrapped her arms tight around Yūro's upper back and swallowed him in great joy. He gingerly put his arms around her waist in turn.

   "Thank you...Yūro," Himara whispered in his ear with a shaky voice.

   He was too timid to ask why although he could easily infer it all, for it was obvious that whenever people are upset, they could always use a hug; especially Himara. So he pulled her closer to himself, yearning that all her feelings for Kuchi were erased and that their kiss didn't mean anything. Unfortunately, he had no control over what was already sparking between Himara and Kuchi, even though Himara longed that he did.

   "Hey!! What are you doing over there?!" an angry voice screeched.

   Releasing their arms, Himara and Yūro wheeled around and faced the village. Himara never realized how far she had walked, or even that she walked at all during her flashback. She had been slowly pacing off her anxiety for three hours. Kazera was vigorously waving her right hand held up in the air and dashing like a thunderbolt towards them. And she didn't seem happy.

   "Where the hell have you been?! I've been, like freaking out looking for you!! I got up half an hour or so ago and decided it was early enough to get up. Well I peeked through both of your sheet walls and saw you weren't there! I was all like, 'What the hell?!' and-" Kazera exploded.

   "-K-Kazera, we can all infer the rest of your story," Himara intervened shyly.

   Kazera glared back at her with a seething stare. Apparently she didn't like to be interrupted. She opened her mouth to speak, but Yūro quickly spoke before her.

   "How about we searched for a Crystal Keeper, shall we?" he asked, eyes focused intently on Kazera.

   "Sure! Now let's head back to Jaune Town," Himara announced cheerfully.

   "Hold on," Kazera said while crossing her arms and stepping in front of Himara. "What were you doing all the way out here, away from the town. Far enough to have a private conversation with...the enemy."

   "Are you implying-" Himara said with a bit of bubbling anger.

   "Mmmhmm," Kazera hummed while giving a suspicious smirk. "I just wanna know just exactly what's going on between you and that..." she thought for a moment. "...Kuchi?"

   "Kazera, I thought we said-" Yūro pressed.

   "No! I need to know now," Kazera shouted. "Are you becoming a traitor?"