Chapter Twenty-Eight:Trying...and Succeeding

"Oh my-"

"You have to be kidding!"

"That cannot be possible!"

"I'm sorry but...it's true..."

Himara hung her head low, dreading all the thoughts of have Kuchi a part of their team. How is that possible though? A person of the dark being a Keeper of Light? That's impossible...or is it? It's true that whenever I'd see the blue light, it would be either before or after we saw him...but what about now, we saw the light and yet we haven't seen him. But maybe he's been watching us...

Himara shuddered at the thought.

Hrmm...if he is the Keeper of Water, where will we find him? I guess we'll have to use the light as our guide. This'll be fun...not.

"Okay!" Himara began. "I've got an idea to find Kuchi."

"Whoa, wait. We're gonna let him join us? Are you insane?" Kazera accused.

"He's a chosen person, we've no choice. And what's wrong with it?"

"Um, don't you remember he's our enemy? How will we trust him?" Kazera shot, inching towards Himara.

"Look, I guess we'll have to be wary with him but if he's supposed to be part of the light, can't you give him a chance?" Himara begged.

"What are you, sticking up for him? I can see what's gonna happen; you, madly in love with that twit Kuchi are gonna betray us and go join the dark. Trust me, I know," Kazera said shrewdly.

Himara was crushed; how could someone she dearly trusted doubt her so much? But she was going to let it slide, for she knew that was Kazera's personality; she's quick to assume.

"I'm not in love with him, and never will be! How dare you accuse me like that!" Himara lied regretfully. "But thankfully, I'm a person that easily forgives. Now, my idea is to use a crystal to find him. We'll basically try to find where the blue light is the strongest."

"Good idea! Let's start," Yūro announced.

Summoning a crystal, the four Crystal Keepers watched pleasingly as the crystal immediately turned a blinding baby blue. But it was no at the strongest point; Kuchi was near, but not in the city.

"Let's go!" Himara urged as they charged out of the city, arriving somewhere both unnerving and serene at the same time; the sky was ominous with a black stare and a peaceful wind rustled the trees and whistled a chyme of warning.

"Something's not right..," Kami blurted.

"You can say that again," Himara chortled, the hairs on her neck pricking up as if there was an undetected pair of eyes spying on her.

The crystal, Himara gripping it tightly, shone brilliantly and she held it up for the rest to see.

"He must be close," Kami pointed out. "C'mon!" She gestured straight.

"Ohoho, I'm closer than you think," a familiar voice sang.

"Where are you?" Yūro demanded, looking skywards.

"Oh settle down. I'm right here," Kuchi said with a mischievous tone as a cloud of night black mist appeared ahead of them and came forward, transforming into the familiar, dark sky blue haired Kuchi.

He sauntered towards the group, who were arranged in a horizontal line facing him. The crystal remained clenched in Himara's hand until Kuchi was a few spaces in front of them.

"Take this, Kuchi," Himara told him with a luring smirk as she held out the flaming, baby blue crystal at him.

"Oh, you can't fool me. I know what'll happen if I touch it; and that'll never happen. Good try though," he praised as he gave Himara a seductive smile.