1. Rightfully His | Klaus Mik...

By AndreaArlander

๐ŸŒ™ First Book of the Hybrid Series ๐ŸŒ™ โ€ผ๏ธCURRENTLY BEING EDITEDโ€ผ๏ธ Every day a new chapter will be edited and u... More

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Two

9.4K 232 21
By AndreaArlander

Chapter Two : Sündida - Welcome to Mystic Falls

Ivana's POV

"Welcome to Mystic Falls." I read the sign as we entered the borderlines of the city. My voice was low in a whispery tone because I didn't want to seem too weird to the kind taxi driver. He was a sweet little Mexican guy and I wanted to squeeze his adorable chubby cheeks. But surprisingly he was giving of a scary aura which he tried to hide so I wouldn't be scared. That was a fatherly gesture if you would ask. Just the thought brought tears into my eyes as this reminded of my dear uncle. I seriously need to call him but I don't have a phone and I will not ask this man for his. I don't wanna be a burden.

"You're from here young lady?" The taxy driver asked.

"Yes sir, kind of-" I scratched my neck trying to find the right words. My hands moved to the pendants round my neck. I could feel myself relaxing with this action. "-it's the place where I was born but I don't see it as home." I replied honestly to the 40 year old looking man.

"Be careful, even though you might know of the danger that this small town holds, be careful. Have your ears and eyes open at all times." He said cautiously emphasizing each word. I nodded thankful of up for his warning but my curiosity got the best of me once again.

"Excuse me sir, but what's the reason behind your warning?" I quietly asked trying to be as respectful as I could. The man looked at me through the rear mirror.

"The murders. It seemed that it was quite for a long time but then the murders started again. No murderer to be found yet. Some say it's animal attacks. Either way it's very worrisome and I wouldn't want you to be hurt." His attention turned back to the road ahead. His cheerfulness long gone. I bit my bottom lip anxiously and a little bit scared. I was never prepared for such situations, I always had uncle to protect me.

"You know what, you remind me of my daughter. You're a curious little creature like she used to be. But remember, curiosity killed the cat. I would hate to see another young face on the news." That's why he had that rock hard face a moment ago. His daughter was murdered and this poor family didn't get any justice for her death.

"Thank you. And I'm very sorry for your loss." I looked at me lap unable to meet his eyes.

"Don't worry about it sweetheart. This is our destination." The man said. I paid him and then I said my goodbyes.

I took a big breath and walked towards the house I have seen very little in my whole life. This was supposed to be my hometown but I never got the chance to live here. Stupid family. They should have left their differences aside and not blame a baby.

I knocked on the door about the 100th time but no response. I was ready to kick this door and leave. But what if Bonnie was coming home and that evil murderer followed her and killed her. That thought hand me standing still in front of the door,my lips pressed in a thin line. After waiting for 30 minutes I decided to search around the town for Bonnie. Maybe I could ask somebody if they know where she is. Anyways I couldn't stay out here for that long as I was freezing.

I was walking when I came across a place called the Mystic Grill. Hmm, I guess it's time for a break. I entered inside noticing that there wasn't a lot of people. There were a few people sitting at some tables, a very sexy blondie as a barman and a man with black hair at the stool.

I walked towards the two men and made myself comfortable on a high bar chair. I struggled a little which made the mysterious man with the blue magnetizing eyes giggle. A blush spread across my cheeks and I cleared my throat.

"Hey I'm Ivana I'm new in town." I decided to end the awkward silence that was on us for about an agonizing minute.

"Matt." He shook my hand. A friendly smile appeared on his face. This was my chance to make a new friend.

"I would like a bottle of vodka and a glass." The guy complied but gave me a sideway glare. Okay I guess I lost my chance.

"Isn't it a little bit too early for that?" Matt asked me but I just laughed.

"Don't underestimate me." His face cringed and he mattered something under his breath. I didn't hear what he said but I did laugh at his reaction.

"Hey Donovan. Don't ruin the fun for everyone." The guy next to me said to the Matt who's surname I'm assuming is Donovan.

"Damon." The guy now focused his attention on me taking me by surprise. My blush got a deeper shade of red and I could feel myself getting kinda hot. The chills that I got from the cold weather, a little while ago, were long gone. The only thing sending chills down my body right now was his gaze on me.

"Ivana." I offered him my hand to shake but instead of shaking it he kissed it. I think I was about to faint but the embarrassment would be too strong, so I somehow kept it cool. My only reaction was that my mouth opened slightly due to the surprise. I forced myself to close my mouth cause I swear I almost started drooling as I stared at his black tight T-shirt which showed his defined build body.

"Oh what a gentleman." I said giggling. My only mechanism right now was my humor and sarcasm and I took pride in them.

"So Matt what about that bottle?" I asked eager about my alcohol. Matt wasn't very pressed but there was little to do. I was the customer and he the employee so he had to give me that vodka bottle.

"Here you go." He passed me the bottle with the glass, very slowly hoping for me to change my mind. But his attempt has adorable and useless. I wanted to laugh but I would seem too weird so I didn't.

I opened the vodka lid and poured myself some of the delicacy. I took a sip and moaned as the familiar taste touched my taste buds. Some find it disgusting but alcohol was there for me when no one else was.

"So you said you are new in town?" Damon asked. His curious gaze was piercing me. I averted my eyes from him unable to look at him while that little side smirk was on his face.

"Yes. Actually... I'm looking for someone. Do you happen to know Bonnie Bennett?" He took a sip of his drink and smirked at me once more.

"Oh Bon Bon, Of course I know the little witch." They must be close if they have such nicknames for each other. I eyed him suspiciously. Bonnie let's only loved ones to call her Bon Bon. Damon must be a very special someone if he calls her that. Also the nickname little witch was adorable. This brought a smile to my face. I'm glad she has good friends.

"Well I'm looking for her but I cannot find her. Would you help me?" I asked devastated with the fact that I couldn't find my sister. It's like she has disappeared from planet earth.

"You think I'm really hot. Ready to be eaten. Kiss me." He said looking me deep in the eyes. That little smirk seemed to get bigger and bigger. What a douche.

"What?? No." I looked at him weirdly. Does this town only have weird people residing here? He must have been out of his mind. The statement he made offended me a lot. How dare he say such things about me?

"Haha, you know, just to break the ice." Oh thank god he was joking. I laughed awkwardly and looked at Matt who looked pissed if with Damon. Huh? I'm starting to believe he wasn't joking. I would have left by now in a different situation but I needed his help. I'll endure this for a little bit. If he becomes more of a weirdo, I'm out of here.

"Nice necklace you have there." He looked at my necklace with interest. I swear his bright blue eyes became more blue if that's possible.

"Oh this. I got it from my mom." He looked skeptical. Did he recognize my pendant?

"Can I look at it from up close." I stiffened. I didn't want to give him my pendant. It meant a lot for me and just the thought of losing it made super anxious and paranoid. I need to relax. I took a deep breath.

"Of course." I couldn't be rude and it would do me good to pass it to someone for a few seconds. I went close to him so he could look at it. But what if he took it and run out of this place. I stopped my movement midway from being completed. I shook my head. Ivan you can't be in need of that pendant forever. I proceeded and he touched the necklace but quickly took his hand away from it as if it was fire.

"Vervain." Damon whispered but I heard him sound and clear. I don't think he wanted me to hear that little piece of information.

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows. I was so confused by what he said. What's vervain?

"Oh nothing. You just smell like vervain." He said way too quickly for my liking. "It's commonly referred to as lavender." He explained. "Would you like me to take you to her?" I jumped of my high chair as soon as his words left his mouth. I was more than ready to go see my sweet sister.

Damon took me to a house and that's when I started getting worried. What if he wanted to kill me? Oh, I should have said no.  The taxi driver warned me but I acted so stupidly. My heart was racing.

"So this is the house." He said and I finally released the breath I was holding. Relief was written all over my face. I ran to the door and knocked it like a maniac.

"Yes?" A blonde girl opened the door and looked weirdly at me.

"I'm looking for Bonnie Bennett." The girl shut rudely the door on my face. I heard shuffling and then the door opened with force.

Now I was face to face with my sister. As soon as I saw her I pulled her in the biggest hug ever. I wanted to just keep her like this forever. It might be strange that me and Bonnie are sisters and our skin color difference caused a lot of chaos in our family. The reason I was send far away was due to people thinking my mother was an unfaithful wife. But right now I reconnected with my only to family, my sister. I felt hot, fat tears running down my face.

"Don't worry everything is going to be okay." I whispered in her ear as I was patting her back. It was as if I was trying to reassure myself than to comfort Bonnie at this point.

.

.

.

.

Thanks so much for reading this chapter and for the support!!❤️💕💞

❤️Vote

💬Comment

💕Follow

-Love      
Andrea🌙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 62.2K 56
๐…๐ข๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ˆ๐œ๐ž | โ๐™จ๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™–๐™ฌ ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™š๐™ข๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™๐™š๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ๐™จโž โŽฏโŽฏ In which Tyler Lockwood's sister is the key to the immortal hybr...
303K 7.2K 49
Ranked #2 in #niklaus stories โ˜บ๏ธ *** in which a thousand years later, a young woman is back from her slumber and will do whatever it takes to win bac...
1.5M 29.1K 56
*Not exactly a softer love romance* Nora summers didn't have a normal teenage life, as much as she sometimes wished. Her life had been normal once, u...