The Major and his Lady Love S...

By LilAsian1864

A love between two different people a British and an American a Major who settles down with his men in a smal... More

Prologue: Meeting the Major for the first time
Chapter 1: Finally I'm home
Chapter 2: This is impossible
Chapter 3: My letters from the General
Chapter 4: Abe meets Ben again
Chapter 5: Washington reads Lydia's letters
Chapter 6: Lydia and Washington reunited at last
Chapter 7: Washington meets Lafeyette
Chapter 8: Peggy I need your help
Chapter 9: It'll be our little secret
Chapter 10: Sasha Woodhull's unusual morning
Chapter 11: The chilly winter month
Chapter 12: Learning the Waltz & Sasha has a fever
Chapter 13: Sasha's fever & Preparing food for dinner
Chapter 14: Sasha and the Major's ball planning
Chapter 15: Thanksgiving & the Engagement Ball
Chapter 16: George Washington's new plan
Chapter 17: The Queens Rangers coming to Setauket
Chapter 18:Attack at Valley Forge/ Washington's Comfort
Chapter 19: Trouble in Setauket/Going to New York
Chapter 20: Heading to New York/ A hanging at the Continental Camp
Chapter 21: Spending time in New York
Chapter 22: Back once again in Setauket
Chapter 23: Sasha visits her father at Whitehall
Chapter 24: Discussing important matters
Chapter 25: Visiting Philidelphia/ Hosting a ball
Chapter 27: Sasha's resting day/Lydia's date with the General
Chapter 28: Back home in Setauket, Long Island
Chapter 29: Arnold's letter to Andre
Chapter 30: Sasha gives birth early
Chapter 31: Friends visiting the newborn babies
Chapter 32: A concert in Pennsylvania
Chapter 33: Going on a walk into town
Chapter 34: Returning to Setauket, Long Island
Chapter 35: Sasha's Birthday Ball
Chapter 36: Saving Abe's neck
Chapter 37: Sasha gets Kidnapped
Part 2: Turn of the tide

Chapter 26: The Ball with General Washington

35 1 0
By LilAsian1864

*About 2 days later in Philadelphia at General Washington's temporary Mansion that morning*
~Sasha Woodhull's POV~

It's finally the day of the ball that Lydia and General Washington will be hosting tonight from what I've heard from Peggy and General Arnold everything will go rather smoothly for tonight's dinner and ball, well for everyone's sake as well as Lydia's it better go smoothly before things go wrong. So I was in my and Lydia's room brushing the curls in my hair this morning as for Lydia she seemed stressed and I can't imagine why she would have any darn reason to be so stressed it's her first in 5 years of hosting a ball for the people here in Philadelphia and some of the officers and Generals of the Continental Army.
Then after I brushed my hair Lydia came into the room her face was red oh dear she's stressed about something.
~Lydia Strong's POV~

It's finally the day of the ball that I and General Washington will be hosting tonight from what Sasha has heard from Peggy and General Arnold everything will go rather smoothly for tonight's dinner and ball, well for everyone's sake as well as mine it better go smoothly before things go wrong. So Sasha was in our room brushing the curls in her hair this morning as for me I was so stressed I haven't hosted a ball in 5 years so I can't really imagine why I would have any darn reason to be so stressed it's my first time in 5 years of hosting a ball for the people here in Philadelphia and some of the officers and Generals of the Continental Army.
Then after arranging the flowers around the Mansion George was with a tailor asking about making a dress fit my figure it's a new dress he bought for me yesterday morning, so I went upstairs to see Sasha I was getting stressed out that my face was red.
When I got into the room Sasha stood up and fixed her dress she looks so beautiful then she looked at me and said"Alright what's wrong now Lydia you should be excited to be hosting a ball tonight," then I sighed and explained to her that I can't do it, just then she went up to me and smiled before she said"Lydia I couldn't do it either when I hosted my engagement ball but I did because I had Edmund beside to help me get through it," then I smiled and nodded my head then I said"We should probably go down and see if Peggy or General Arnold needs a hand with anything," so with that we linked arms as we walked out of the room and down the steps.
*Skip to Lydia and General Washington greeting the guests in the lobby area by the door*
Play video:

~Lydia Strong's POV~

I was in the lobby area with George he was in his best uniform and he linked our arms as I held his hand for comfort I'm super nervous how does Sasha do this when Edmund has a party or a ball at there place, so as guests arrived at our Mansion George and I would shake there hands and say a few hellos before they were in the dining room to take there places at dinner for Sasha she was in the ballroom telling the musicians what songs they should be playing when everyone is finished with dinner then she went to speak with Peggy and General Arnold.
Then George whispered in my ear and said"Don't be nervous I'll help you through this evening Lydia just take a deep breath and have confidence," then I took a deep breath before we had to greet our next guest Alexander Hamilton and John Adams.
~George Washington's POV~

I was in the lobby area with Lydia  she was in her best gown and we linked arms as she held my hand for comfort I can tell that she's super nervous Sasha does this when her husband has a party or a ball at there place, so as guests arrived at our Mansion Lydia and I would shake there hands and say a few hellos before they were in the dining room to take there places at dinner for Sasha she was in the ballroom telling the musicians what songs they should be playing when everyone is finished with dinner then she went to speak with Miss Peggy and General Arnold.
Then I whispered in her ear and said"Don't be nervous I'll help you through this evening Lydia just take a deep breath and have confidence," then Lydia took a deep breath before we had to greet our next guest Alexander Hamilton and John Adams very good friends of mine.
~Sasha Woodhull's POV~

Once Lydia and I were downstairs after freshing up in our room I went to the ballroom where I saw the musicians they were tuning and practicing there instruments then I gave them a few suggestions of songs that they could play when the guests want to dance or when George and Lydia open up the dance first then followed by Peggy and General Arnold.
Then I was in the lobby area with Peggy she was in her best gown and we linked arms as I saw Lydia hold George's hand for comfort I can tell that she's super nervous but I always do this when Edmund has a party or a ball at ourplace, so as guests began to arrive at  the Mansion and saw Lydia and General Washington shaking there guests hands and say a few hellos before they were in the dining room to take there places at dinner as for me I was speaking with Peggy about Arnold since he's speaking to Mr. Hamilton.
Then I saw George whisper into her ear and said"Don't be nervous I'll help you through this evening Lydia just take a deep breath and have confidence," then Lydia took a deep breath before we had to greet there next guest Alexander Hamilton and John Adams very good friends of mine.
*During the ball in the ballroom after dinner had ended and everyone made a huge circle*
~Lydia Strong's POV~

After dinner had ended everyone had gone into the ballroom when was there George went up to the musicians and told them what song to play as Sasha stood beside me with Ben standing beside her his arm linked with hers since Edmund isn't here, so then Sasha smiled and looked at me and said"You've done such a good job hosting your first ball again in 5 years Lydia," then I smiled as I watched George entertain our guest before I nodded and said"Yes I think so to I'm quite happy to," before I felt George's hand on my own and he pulled to the center of the ballroom before we started to waltz around the room.
~Benjamin Tallmadge's POV~
When everyone was in the ballroom his Excellency had asked the musicians to play a song for him and Lydia to open the dance with while I linked my arm with Sasha's she was smiling as she spoke to Lydia since she was standing beside her and said"You've done such a good job hosting your first ball again in 5 years Lydia," then Sasha and I smiled as Lydia watched the General entertain his guest before Lydia nodded and said"Yes I think so to I'm quite happy to," before she felt George's hand on her own and he pulled her to the center of the ballroom before they started to waltz around the room.
~Sasha Woodhull's POV~

After dinner had ended everyone had gone into the ballroom when everyone was in the ballroom his Excellency had asked the musicians to play a song for him and Lydia to open the dance with while I linked my arm with Ben. I was smiling as I spoke to Lydia since she was standing beside me and said"You've done such a good job hosting your first ball again in 5 years Lydia," then Benand I smiled as Lydia watched the General entertain his guest before Lydia nodded and said"Yes I think so to I'm quite happy to," before she felt George's hand on her own and he pulled her to the center of the ballroom before they started to waltz around the room.
Play video:

*End of Chapter 26: The Ball with General Washington*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.8K 472 10
{I do not own Hamilton, nor the artwork within this book, or the cover, unless I say I do own the artwork. This is also NOT historically accurate} **...
88.1K 1.6K 37
***FREE FANFIC***@Hg2806 "I loved this start to finish. It's so different to the original, but kept the key aspects. A very addictive read." @Felic...
150K 5.2K 41
She never wanted anything more than to be loved, but providence had something else in store for the young Beatrice Fisher. Orphaned and then adopted...
26.2K 1.1K 31
"don't you wish all spies could be so lovely?" Codenamed the Duchess of the Allies, Louisa Tallmadge is thrown into the midst of World War II as...