Chapter 5: Washington reads Lydia's letters

*At the Continental Army Camp one spring morning 3 weeks later*

So at the Continental Army Camp 3 weeks later when Benjamin Tallmadge came back to camp with information from Mr

So at the Continental Army Camp 3 weeks later when Benjamin Tallmadge came back to camp with information from Mr. Culper (a.k.a. Abraham Woodhull) and he brought the information to General Washington's attention. In General Washington's tent that morning he sat in his tent having breakfast when he saw familiar handwriting on 10 different letters he knew they were from Lydia herself.
General Washington had told his officers to leave him for a while and Ben knew he wanted to be alone so he could read the love letters from his love who he hasn't seen in 3 years.
The first love letter read:
December 24th,1773
Dear George,
It's been 2 years since we last saw one another I do hope you and your men are doing well, I must admit that my education here in New York has been a big help with more British officers arriving every 3 weeks. I've made a new friend her names Sasha Woodhull she lives with her brother and father since her older brother and mother were dead.
But I've heard from a little birdie that John Adams made you in charge of leading the Continental Army congratulations General Washington, along with some others Charles Lee, Alexander Hamilton, and others. I hope you come back to me George I wanna marry you and have children.
Sasha thinks we're perfect together and she hasn't met you yet, I've met the British officer she loves he's nice much like you he cares for his men along with other qualities. I should probably go now it's late here in New York and Sasha is asleep already I hope you love the gift in the envelope I thought about you when I saw it.
Love always yours,
Lydia Strong
The General cried as he thought about the time he hasn't seen the woman he's been courting for 3 years now. He then took out a pocket watch out of the envelope, he smiled at how she picked out the perfect pocket watch for him, before picking up another letter from Lydia and opening it and reading it.
The second letter read:
December 25th,1773
My Dearest George,
Merry Christmas my love, I know your probably exhausted from fighting battles with the British forces left and right. But don't let that get you down you and your army need to relax and gather up a plan to defeat our enemies I'll be with you every step of the way, reign victorious in the next up coming battle darling.
I pray that you and your men come back safely from the battle, so then with that being said Sasha has been acting strange ever since she received a letter from you. I'm missing you dearly George Washington, promise me that you'll  come back to me I don't what I'd do if you died.
Your the leader of the Continental Army along with many great men, I know you can do this don't let the death of your brother Lawrence get to you he is not you I know if he was here now he'd say the same thing I'm telling you. There's more British soldiers here in New York than their was when I first arrived to New York with Sasha. I must go now George Sasha is calling me down for supper I shall write back soon I love you General.
Love always,
Lydia Strong
That's when Benjamin Tallmadge and some of the other Generals were called to his tent for an officers meeting, he put all of Lydia's letters into a box and locked it as he began speaking about what the British soldiers are planning to do next.
*End of Chapter 5:Washington reads Lydia's letters*
Will Lydia and Washington be finally reunited? or the British stand in their way?